Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (30107 Views)

WIVES - Why Do You Hide Financial Projects From Your Partner? / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / What's So Special About Twins??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by DJMONACO(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
[quote author=yemispeed post=28249900]Well I use to feel uncomfortable because I was always younger than d people I mingle wt at every point in time but later I had a change of mind. Am 24 a graduate,employed, married wt 1child n a loving husband Lord I bless you[/quote na lie
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by zoeee(f): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Scrypt:

How old are you Zoeee? And don't think of lying about it. angry. BTW, I liked your DP.
Lol... 16 going on 17 tongue... Thanks
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by coolvitus(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
I wander oh
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by cirmuell(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
MizAusta:
I am !5 tongue

Everyone wants to be forever young.

This syndrome is mostly common among Africans; everyone wants to be an elder so they get the respect of others. It's not suprising to hear a 15-year old saying she's 20 and bla bla bla
& how many places have you been to in the world? undecided
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by cirmuell(m): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
MizAusta:
I am !5 tongue

Everyone wants to be forever young.

This syndrome is mostly common among Africans; everyone wants to be an elder so they get the respect of others. It's not suprising to hear a 15-year old saying she's 20 and bla bla bla
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Evathyst(f): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
My age is as private as my salary. Why den should I disclose it?

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Thinkr(m): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
Earlier this yr when I was still in school I met a girl I liked very much. She was beautiful and cool and sweet and I wanted to take her very seriously in terms of relationship but when I asked her age she said 25. I was shocked cos I though she would be btwn 19-21. She looked so young. I lost interest in her cos I was 23+. I lied to her I was 25. I later regretted my decision cos I spoilt the whole paro... Oh well, life goes on. Lesson learnt
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Thinkr(m): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
Evathyst:
My age is as private as my salary. Why den should I disclose it?
lolz.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by intergral(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Who cares abt wat ppo think... I'm 22.. Nd i luv dat i'm very young...
We are the proud 1992 set!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Sheenor: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
nd a 10 yr old girl will b claimin she is 15... I think the younger we r, we want to claim older ages..nd the older we r, we want to claim younger ages... Sounds weird nd ironic

That's just the way it is. #Fact though.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Psalmpy(m): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
This doesnt happen in Africa alone.
The likes of Diego costa of chelsea who claims to be 26 while Javier Hanandez (chicarito) claims he's 29.
Its absurd sha
#MUFC all d way
join the train
*MANUCUNIANS*
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
intergral:
We are the proud 1992 set!
yh...all d way
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by coolfredo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
ApexTitan:
Whats so special about your salary that you hide it?
Bros good morning oo u jux woke, sorry na age em talk here no be salary

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Frankenstein: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
MarthaK:
[b]#Forever young....
Most people hide their real age especially women

One funny thing is that when you are very young, you'll increase your age....

But when you're old, you'll reduce it....

In a situation where they are unable to get away with such a lie since they actually look their age, or may be even older, there are those who are prepared to take significant step to change their appearance so that they can look younger than they are. There are those women who were born with good genes according to Michelle Wilkinson, so that wrinkles and other tell-tale signs of age are not as much of a problem for them as for women who weren’t as lucky with genes they were given.

Women these days are prepared to spend a lot of money on cosmetics and anti-ageing products more out of hope that they will have an effect rather than actual belief they will work. Older women want to be as attractive as when they were younger so that they can still turn men’s head, particularly if they find themselves single as older woman or lady.

They dye their hair, shed some weight. If they can and apply various products to their face in an attempt to disguise their age and will even lie if necessary.

This isn’t enough for some women, and there are those who spend money undergoing plastic surgery, from breast implantations to nose lifts, cheeks filled out, their lips pumped up and their wrinkles obliterated with the help of minimally invasive cosmetic procedures.

In a youth-obsessed world, older women are having to compete with their female counterparts; in terms of jobs and relationships, and some are prepared to use rather underhand measures to stay on top, which means hiding their real age.

READ MY SIGNATURE AND VOTE KULBOY.....

HE DOES NOT HIDE HIS AGE grin
[/b]
You had to write your own article, abi?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
cirmuell:
& how many places have you been to in the world? undecided
Lol. I know why you ask. But I don't think that is relevant.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
I do no lie about my age. I'd rather not tell than lie. I'm proud of what i've achieved at my age (though not much and some people have achieved more at my age too). The reason being that i've met people who abuse the opportunity of knowing my age.

1. If they re older than me, they start calling me small boy. (especially females)

2. If they re younger than i am, they say i'm lying.

I only tell my age to people that are suppose to know. i.e close males friends, my girlfriend and on my cv.

After all who else believes u when u tell ur age. They brand it ''football age''
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Elxandre(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
i said u should define youth... I ddnt say u should explain success... Define youth..please..i guess u hav a dictionarry...
I was only trying to explain to you that many people perceive youth to be relative to the amount of success a person has aquired at that point in time.
Don't be rude and insecure.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
Elxandre:

I was only trying to explain to you that many people perceive youth to be relative to the amount of success a person has aquired at that point in time.
Don't be rude and insecure.
lol..u see how ppo fail exam..did i ask u to explain that many people perceive youth to the amount of success a person has acquired at a point in time? Ha... Lawd!!
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Eljay24(m): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
What's the Biggy ?

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by juman(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
I was born when one failed super traditional was enthroned a king.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by cirmuell(m): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
MizAusta:
Lol. I know why you ask. But I don't think that is relevant.
Think twice before making such assertions next time then.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Elxandre(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
lol..u see how ppo fail exam..did i ask u to explain that many people perceive youth to the amount of success a person has acquired at a point in time? Ha... Lawd!!
I had no obligation to answer your question. I was only answering your question from another perspective.
Are you sure you're 22 :-/
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
zoeee:

Lol... 16 going on 17 tongue... Thanks

Lol, good. Now, where is your birth certificate as proof of evidence? tongue tongue grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Wisegeek01(m): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
#Supported, But Errm . .. Op how Old are You*
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
I lost two beautiful ladies i would have dated. When they discovered I was much younger, they took off.
But that then...

I became a CEO at 23, that was 2 years ago...#winks
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
I'm 19 with a B.Sc cool
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
Elxandre:

I had no obligation to answer your question. I was only answering your question from another perspective.
Are you sure you're 22 :-/
i ddnt say u shuld answer my question frm another perspective.... Simple thing,.... Define... .. Is dat so hard for u to comprehend...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by dein77(m): 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
I'm not too good in recalling things, so I don't lie about something like age....

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Goziejay: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
Whenever i tell people my real age,mostimes they disagree with me and i will be like whats wrong,but the reason is simple and obvious and that is because of my intimidating statue,most people think that they can determine someone age by mere looking but i tell you there is more to it.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by joseph1832(m): 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
lool...wen i will be 40 by the special grace of God... I will celebrate it in grand style...
You miss the point.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Chinoble(f): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
Dnt lie abt my age, dnt tell it either.
D only answer i give is *i'm an adult* chikena

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Took Her In And She Seduced My Husband / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.