Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (30108 Views)

WIVES - Why Do You Hide Financial Projects From Your Partner? / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / What's So Special About Twins??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by daveP(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
I fill a form or im asked how old and i say my age

reply: Guy u don old o!!

Me: hmm, abeg leave that one!

Few days later i discover that mr "guy u don old o" is actually much older than i am.

Well it doesnt bug me much. Its fun when they go about guess hw old u are and which tribe u are(this is an advantage especially when u tell them and their reply is "u dont look hausa, u dont look ibo, u dont look yoruba)

age was sweet back then, but alot make u hide the real one these days(emphasis on form filling before u are giving something or the order)...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Simpsonrocket(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
A
***modified***
Chai i been 1 buy that last land before that guy buy am.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by accurate123: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
For me. . Can't hide my age.. .
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by fireforfire: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ladies over to u.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
Of course most ppl do it because they lack achievement or have accomplished little at their real age so they make themselves youger. Whether its marriage, academics or profession

4 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by SilentCrescendo: 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
Liars be like........
I am eleventeen shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by 09temple(m): 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
@o.p, hw old ar u?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Ore000: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
*in drake's voice* i am 28 and i'm getting better nd better.yeah... Lil is droppin nd i'm droppin...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Abiagirl777(f): 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
Here in France we can't say we are more than 16.
Sweet sixteen things
That's how we count
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
For once...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
ask women & footballers
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Elxandre(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
I'm 21.... And I tell friends. I don't feel free telling some few people anyways. Lol

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by daveP(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
(After an interview omorodion takes the large file filled with forms of applicants for the job he goes thru and scans their passport one after the other and makes some seperations of form based on looks. He gets tired and goes for a drink to return 3hrs later)

boss: omorodion, hw many have u seperated? I hope u paid (lowers eyeglasses meant for fashion that ease to see above them) attention to their ages as well.

Omo: yes oga, over 400 applicants, ive pick about 22 so far)

boss: good when u reach 50, throw the remaining forms away, tell zaki to burn them with d old files i gave him

omo: yes sir!

Boss: we dont have need for them. Its jst a paper to make things look OFFICIAL and orderly. grin

Omo: okay sir(goes to end selection and seperation in 2hrs. He is seen from the office balcony throwing a bulgy brown file downstairs. Zaki adds it to the fire)

smiley

N:b-what you read is entirlye semi-fictitional and shouldnt be taken so so serious. But it happens grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
maclatunji:
I agree with her.

How old are you ? grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
I hate being old so I lie embarassed
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Karleb(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is more peculiar to the female gender, I'm not saying men don't do it.

BTW, I'm 20 + 5 - 8 yrs old! angry

Now, who would believe me? undecided
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
Eya... but to me age doesn't really matter like 18yrs old gal can b lookin like 23 while 23 will be lookin like 18 wit same attitude so Watz d big deal abt age? Lemme give an example while pple hide; gat a male frnd who is 22 n was datin a gal of 23 unknwnin to him coz d gal was lookin so young n small, after a year or so he saw d gal's age n decided to brk wit ha coz she was older n he said d parent cnt allow him marry such gal due to d seriousness in d r/ship. Wat do u xpect dat kind of gal 2do Nxt time after an hrt break coz of age?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by busky101(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
Here in North korea, to hide or lie about ur age is a serious offence punishable by being fed to dogs....our fat face leader wants to know those that he is older than and those that he is younger than....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Rocktation(f): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
Please educate Nigerians.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by maclatunji: 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
09temple:
@o.p, hw old ar u?

How old are you?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by lanxlot(m): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
op, tell dat to a footballer and enjoy the Kinda responx u get....m nt advocating dishonesty, but pple dnt jux lie about their age 4 not. lyk, in d game of soccer, the younger you r d higher ur pay n d beta ur chances...bad doh!
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Scamfender: 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
_
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by idu1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
I don't ve any reason to hide my age for now...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
I agree with the post.

Well my birthdays are special to me but nah i don't hide my age grin, to me its no biggie.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Elxandre(m): 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
A girl that probably liked me once claimed she was 25 when she was just 21 cheesy
Did she expect me to date a sugar mommy? grin
Of course she didn't know my age cos I look older to many peeps. She must have thought me close to 25, but I was just 19. cheesy
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by StealthyMe(m): 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Probably respect undecided

But then i think its common knowledge there are 3 ages in Nigeria now grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by gidistar: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
ok
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
So that entire mini novel was only about marriage? There are other reasons people lie about their age. It's not only women.

Some people feel they haven't accomplished enough in their lives for their age. Heard of midlife crisis?

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Sweetlemon(f): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
bossmini84:
Of course most ppl do it because they lack achievement or have accomplished little at their real age so they make themselves youger. Whether its marriage, academics or profession

Yes this is the main reason. Also, we live in a society where peopple are constantly using the most minute things against you. You want a lady to be bold enough to say she's 27 years now then 3 years from now if she's not married, y'all start taunting her about being 30 yrs and single? No o. Same with politicians and certain professionals. Their ages are most times used against them. Just check out the rate at which big companies now asking for not more than 24 years limit for fresh graduate positions!
So it's all about survival.

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Vivipop(f): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
I'm 23 and i'm always proud and open when asked about my age.I've always found myself in the company of older friends/colleagues,and those moments when we put our brains to good use,I proof to them that my age is just a number. Lying about one's age is tantamount to self denial.

5 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
xpensiv05:
Eya... but to me age doesn't really matter like 18yrs old gal can b lookin like 23 while 23 will be lookin like 18 wit same attitude so Watz d big deal abt age? Lemme give an example while pple hide; gat a male frnd who is 22 n was datin a gal of 23 unknwnin to him coz d gal was lookin so young n small, after a year or so he saw d gal's age n decided to brk wit ha coz she was older n he said d parent cnt allow him marry such gal due to d seriousness in d r/ship. Wat do u xpect dat kind of gal 2do Nxt time after an hrt break coz of age?
lol yeah this happens too, i guess thats why some people hide their age.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by jevic(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
You don't have to lie about your age, unless you are not proud of yourself. Kpom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.