Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (30063 Views)

WIVES - Why Do You Hide Financial Projects From Your Partner? / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / What's So Special About Twins??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by joseph1832(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
Qoigord:
I'm 19 with a B.Sc cool
Which university did you graduate from?.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by darkroses(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
What have u achieved at ur age, davido,wizkid, messi etc has already made name at ur age, you de cal ur self small pikin.....
Cutehector4u:
Who cares abt wat ppo think... I'm 22.. Nd i luv dat i'm very young...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
You miss the point.
nah i get it... I understand u perfectly buh thr is one thing u should understand too... I am not u..i dnt reason like u, i dnt think like u... We arent twins infact,..... I hav my mindset... Thank you..
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by johnstar(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
MarthaK:
[b]#Forever young....
Most people hide their real age especially women

One funny thing is that when you are very young, you'll increase your age....

But when you're old, you'll reduce it....

In a situation where they are unable to get away with such a lie since they actually look their age, or may be even older, there are those who are prepared to take significant step to change their appearance so that they can look younger than they are. There are those women who were born with good genes according to Michelle Wilkinson, so that wrinkles and other tell-tale signs of age are not as much of a problem for them as for women who weren’t as lucky with genes they were given.

Women these days are prepared to spend a lot of money on cosmetics and anti-ageing products more out of hope that they will have an effect rather than actual belief they will work. Older women want to be as attractive as when they were younger so that they can still turn men’s head, particularly if they find themselves single as older woman or lady.

They dye their hair, shed some weight. If they can and apply various products to their face in an attempt to disguise their age and will even lie if necessary.

This isn’t enough for some women, and there are those who spend money undergoing plastic surgery, from breast implantations to nose lifts, cheeks filled out, their lips pumped up and their wrinkles obliterated with the help of minimally invasive cosmetic procedures.

In a youth-obsessed world, older women are having to compete with their female counterparts; in terms of jobs and relationships, and some are prepared to use rather underhand measures to stay on top, which means hiding their real age.

READ MY SIGNATURE AND VOTE KULBOY.....

HE DOES NOT HIDE HIS AGE grin
[/b]
na wao, all dis story bcus of age? minus 100likes
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
udoglory:
:"
how old are you?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by zoeee(f): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Scrypt:

Lol, good. Now, where is your birth certificate as proof of evidence? tongue tongue grin

Seriously undecided tongue
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
darkroses:
What have u achieved at ur age, davido,wizkid, messi etc has already made name at ur age, you de cal ur self small pikin.....
lord...what kind of ppo am i havn a dialogue with...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by SkinnyDude(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Who cares abt wat ppo think... I'm 22.. Nd i luv dat i'm very young...
me wey dey 19 nko. what am i? i think i'm still a baby.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Goziejay: 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
Psalmpy:
This doesnt happen in Africa alone.
The likes of Diego costa of chelsea who claims to be 26 while Javier Hanandez (chicarito) claims he's 29.
Its absurd sha
#MUFC all d way
join the train
*MANUCUNIANS*
you can not only determine ones real age by facial look i tell u.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
SkinnyDude:
me wey dey 19 nko. what am i? i think i'm still a baby.
lol mayb u r my grand father methuselah... Pls go nd suck ur mummy's breasst... Btw, go and open ur dictionary nd check the meanin of youth...nd old age
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by cosajadi: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Age is nothing but numbers. Maturity matters a lot.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Psalmpy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Bsc:
Bck in school ma G.f and I always had dis issue of age . She wanted to knw ma age without disclosing hers, was scared to mention ma real age cuz she might be ma senior and didn't wanted to lie abt it. Oneday she came to visit me, and she wanted to pee , so I opened her bag and saw her school data. Lol and behold she was 5yr older than me. Up till now my girl frnd can't tell why I kicked her out of ma life despite her much care and love..lol
I had samiliar experience with a girl who was my gf.
All she wanted to know then was my age, i was very surprised why she just concerned bout knowing. I discussd this issue with a friend all he told was i should be plain to her that its a norm psyche among ladies. She came to my crib,suddenly that question arose again in d event of telling her my age i paused then ask of her age she was plain nd trutful to my surprise she was 9yrs older. I couldnt utter a word.
Naturally we loved each other.
She's just sweet nd trendy then.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by amokeme(f): 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
I don't have a problem with saying my age..., what's the big deal self undecided
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Elxandre(m): 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
i ddnt say u shuld answer my question frm another perspective.... Simple thing,.... Define... .. Is dat so hard for u to comprehend...
Did you seriously expect anyone to help you check a dictionary?
I give up.
Bye!
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Elxandre:

Did you seriously expect anyone to help you check a dictionary?
I give up.
Bye!
tell dat to ur lecturer.. Wen ur writing exams...mctheeew
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by SkinnyDude(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
lol mayb u r my grand father methuselah... Pls go nd suck ur mummy's breasst... Btw, go and open ur dictionary nd check the meanin of youth...nd old age
lol. you are taking this seriously. you said you're 22 and very young. only these lazy people who still 'mama thank ma'am' say that. wait till you are 40, before you wake up.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
cirmuell:
Think twice before making such assertions next time then.
kk
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Psalmpy(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
Goziejay:
you can not only determine ones real age by facial look i tell u.
yea. I presuppose u 're right sha
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
Seriously,I've thought of this myself...its simply childish to hide one's age...

What's the big deal anyway

I get so sick when some want others to be truthful about their age and they aren't ready to themselves..

Its got a lot to do with personal mentality and mindset tho..

Proudly 19 nd glad I look so young than some Methuselahs claiming to be younger..
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by PRINCEHPXP(m): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
people who hide their age or cant say their exact age are Childish people they Hav fish brain
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
Which university did you graduate from?.

Universities in Nigeria nd outside are in mess ..big mess

I've got a 14yr old in class with me..

He's gonna graduate 1yr younger than I am already..

Just imagine the sh.it...this is real definition of big mess...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by makasimatics(m): 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
To me,age is not really what that matters.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by ETHIX(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Well, I think one of the reasons why people hide their age Was the fact that good organisations, companies, etc demand for young people to get good jobs. You see banks asking for 22 years for entry level. Some people reduce their age just to be employed.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
darkroses:

What bush harbours you??
You can't go around comparing peoples' lives...

We don't share the same problems and challenges neither do we enjoy same opportunities...

Change your mindset
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by cahrym(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is Africa, what you guys dont know is that the fastest means to get a person is through his/her date of birth i mean in terms of spiritual. It makes me laff whenever i see someone writing their date of birth on clothe they wear.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
maclatunji:
Christie Uzebu asks a pertinent question

Source: http://storried.com/what-is-so-special-about-your-age/
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
maclatunji:
Christie Uzebu asks a pertinent question

Source: http://storried.com/what-is-so-special-about-your-age/
I don't usually hide my age but I don't tell everyone to avoid insult.I will like to share my experince,most of my coursemates I am 5 years to 6 years and even 7 years older dan dem,dere ws dis particular one dat had a disagreement wit me and he started lashing me,telling me dat my mates dis,my mate dat,and dis particular boy,I am older dan him wit 7 years,I did nt really feel sad cos he obviously spoke immaturely bt I felt sad alittle because shit happens and I am not where,I wnt to be and anoda reason I hide my age is because I like being myself and wen pple no my age dey start saying "he is not behaving his age"bla bla,anoda is because I wnt most pple around me to be free wit me bt once dey no my age,dey start being so respectful

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by joseph1832(m): 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
Kizmarty:

Universities in Nigeria nd outside are in mess ..big mess

I've got a 14yr old in class with me..

He's gonna graduate 1yr younger than I am already..

Just imagine the sh.it...this is real definition of big mess...

You still haven't answered my question.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by jamst(m): 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
okeyyy! Now,let start from here...i am 28yrs old and wat is yours
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by joseph1832(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
nah i get it... I understand u perfectly buh thr is one thing u should understand too... I am not u..i dnt reason like u, i dnt think like u... We arent twins infact,..... I hav my mindset... Thank you..
And that's the more reason you miss my point.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
You still haven't answered my question.

Spy properly...

I wasn't the one you asked
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by swissyelsie(f): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
cahrym:
This is Africa, what you guys dont know is that the fastest means to get a person is through his/her date of birth i mean in terms of spiritual. It makes me laff whenever i see someone writing their date of birth on clothe they wear.
Add an "LOL" at the end of the post to show that you're joking at least...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage / Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired / I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.