Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:31 AM

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (30394 Views)

WIVES - Why Do You Hide Financial Projects From Your Partner? / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / What's So Special About Twins??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by joseph1832(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Who cares abt wat ppo think... I'm 22.. Nd i luv dat i'm very young...
40 years from now I'd love to know if you still feel this way.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by daveP(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
FRANCELANDERS, PLS BE DONT SOIL THIS INNOCENT THREAD WITH YOUR SCHOOL REMINISCENES

Swedish-landers would soon surface outta nowhere. Nawa o. They go even add "I know Zlatan"
grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Jobyruz(m): 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
Fool people with ur age,u can't fool urself and nature when time comes ur age will be reveal on ur face and skin

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by abbeyberry(m): 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
I don't always tell people my real age because I don't want undue advantage from them. I prefer you treat/relate with me based on my looks,behaviour or saying.

NB: I look younger to my age ....
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by yemispeed(f): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Well I use to feel uncomfortable because I was always younger than d people I mingle wt at every point in time but later I had a change of mind. Am 24 a graduate,employed, married wt 1child n a loving husband Lord I bless you

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
adexsimply:
you're not very young
lool iv u see me, u wont believ i am 22... U will postrate
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by omoadeleye(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
before reading your post and in reply to your topic, there so many reason why people hide their ages,

1. some hide their age from their friends, you know some friend may be older than you and you dnt wnt them to be feeling superior when they know your age or they may use it against you.

2. while some hide their age because of their facial look, you know some people face are older than their age so for them to save their embarrassment so hiding their age will be a private issue for them.

3. while some people would like to hide their age when those who are below them are making upper hands than them, for example you can see the likes of wizkid nd davido.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by BarryX(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
Age is a sensitive matter!

It can either be used FOR or AGAINST you.

My age is my private life
Respect that and stay off!

4 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by DJMONACO(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
OP leave dat tin u wont understand

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Xphantom(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
maclatunji:
Christie Uzebu asks a pertinent question

Source: http://storried.com/what-is-so-special-about-your-age/

How old are you?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by adeoladrg(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Forever 17 grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
40 years from now I'd love to know if you still feel this way.
lool...wen i will be 40 by the special grace of God... I will celebrate it in grand style...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Tobetoe(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Especially ,the females........... This is wat i ask them: how many christmas have u seen on planet earth
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Who cares abt wat ppo think... I'm 22.. Nd i luv dat i'm very young...

22 isn't young bro!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Louis000:

22 isn't young bro!
pls define youth....
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
When I was younger I always hid my age. Because people took me less serious when they know my age.

Imagine striking a business deal with a man old enough to be your father when he now knows your age he now starts to treat you like his son and try to use seniority on you.

I have situations when some clients on knowing my age they ask me you this small boy wetin you wan use all this money do. No be to go buy iPad and iPhone remain. They feel like because of my age I do not have responsibilities and some go further to try to Short change me.

So I use to hid my age... And by default I sound and behave way older than my age ... That helped me overcome the challenges that came with my young age as I did business.

But now I am older I do not hide my age I display it easily when it is necessary.

MathewBriggs

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by ORAFA(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
I do because I do everything like someone older. And at work am the youngest but always with the older folks and most of them believe am their age to the extent of referring issues to me for solutions. I feel somewhat angry when my dad even mentions it to somebody. The funniest part to me is that I told my galfrnd my age but she doubts me because it makes her older than me by a year. So for the past seven years she's never accepted she's older than me.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Fkhalifa(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
In france here we dont hide our age,its punishable under the law.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by xkris11(m): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
MizAusta:
I am !5 tongue

Everyone wants to be forever young.

This syndrome is mostly common among Africans; everyone wants to be an elder so they get the respect of others. It's not suprising to hear a 15-year old saying she's 20 and bla bla bla

U mean 25?YOU ARE OLD OO grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Elxandre(m): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
pls define youth....
It depends on your accomplishments at 22 to decide if you are young pour old lol.
Imagine a CEO at 24, should you call that very young or not?
Of course everyone will say look at that very young millionaire. cheesy
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Charchy07(m): 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
maclatunji:
Christie Uzebu asks a pertinent question

Source: http://storried.com/what-is-so-special-about-your-age/
HOW OLD ARE YOU?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
xkris11:

U mean 25?YOU ARE OLD OO grin grin
Lool
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by englishmart(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
Odunharry:
here in france,we reveal our real age

ask englishmart
lol

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Charchy07(m): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
Fkhalifa:
In france here we dont hide our age,its punishable under the law.
Same here in Spain.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
Elxandre:

It depends on your accomplishments at 22 to decide if you are young pour old lol.
Imagine a CEO at 24, should you call that very young or not?
Of course everyone will say look at that very young millionaire. cheesy
i said u should define youth... I ddnt say u should explain success... Define youth..please..i guess u hav a dictionarry...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Elxandre(m): 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
Matthewbriggs:
When I was younger I always hid my age. Because people took me less serious when they know my age.

Imagine striking a business deal with a man old enough to be your father when he now knows your age he now starts to treat you like his son and try to use seniority on you.

I have situations when some clients on knowing my age they ask me you this small boy wetin you wan use all this money do. No be to go buy iPad and iPhone remain. They feel like because of my age I do not have responsibilities and some go further to try to Short change me.

So I use to hid my age... And by default I sound and behave way older than my age ... That helped me overcome the challenges that came with my young age as I did business.

But now I am older I do not hide my age I display it easily when it is necessary.

MathewBriggs

You are on point bro.
An African has to hide his/her age at certain times.
Too much value is placed on age in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by kelechiMarie(f): 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
For me I feel if you hide your age it means you're not proud of the things you've achieved and probably feel you've not achieved what's expected for people of your age.I don't see the big deal in age sha

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
zoeee:
Still don't understand y people lie bout their age ... Formerly I don't, but now.... smiley

How old are you Zoeee? And don't think of lying about it. angry. BTW, I liked your DP.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by abbey621(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Africans hide their age because it is one of the attributes they are judged on by their society. For men, they would like to be respected, with a young age and unfortunately little accomplishments it is hard to be looked up to. For women, they equate age with maturity, when looking for a partner, they believe the older the better. When it comes to their own age they believe younger the better hence they are very reluctant to expose their age without knowing the age of the opposite sex. All in all as a society we are still very primitive, average 18 to 24 year old still live with and depend on their parents for full support and sadly over 70% of them continue this dependency well into their thirties.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Jarus(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
I tire o. I have never hidden my age.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Classic1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
Maclatunji tell me how old are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Tells Court How Wife Battered His Manhood, Poured Pepper On It / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? / Carpenter Killed By Live High Tension Wire, Wife Dies Hours After (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.