Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS (19975 Views)

''How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Lagos'' – DSS / Boko Haram: Condoms And Sex Enhancing Drugs Found In Raided Camp / Nigerians In Benin Republic Raided And Dumped In A Camp (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by 1wolex85: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
Urine:
As much as I respect the DSS, Ogar doesn't have any idea of what she's saying.

1. If she says there was an attempt to hack the INEC network, does that means INEC an important and sensitive institution doesn't have an intrusion detection system? In fact the IPs that should be able to access the database should be limited.

2. If the APC data centre was an hacking office, you don't need to physically be in the premises to access their logs. DSS officials can access it if they are really good. Also with the manner they stormed the office, it would have been easy for the alleged hackers to clean up evidence, with a single button that evidence will be wiped clean.

3. If a real hacker wants to hack, he/she won't need a party office to do it. Even dumb hackers always get the 'gist' about location.

Ms Ogar needs to come up with a more compelling argument to convince me.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by 1wolex85: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
Urine:
As much as I respect the DSS, Ogar doesn't have any idea of what she's saying.

1. If she says there was an attempt to hack the INEC network, does that means INEC an important and sensitive institution doesn't have an intrusion detection system? In fact the IPs that should be able to access the database should be limited.

2. If the APC data centre was an hacking office, you don't need to physically be in the premises to access their logs. DSS officials can access it if they are really good. Also with the manner they stormed the office, it would have been easy for the alleged hackers to clean up evidence, with a single button that evidence will be wiped clean.

3. If a real hacker wants to hack, he/she won't need a party office to do it. Even dumb hackers always get the 'gist' about location.

Ms Ogar needs to come up with a more compelling argument to convince me.
I am so sure you are an IT person. No IT person will buy this story dss is selling. Imagine them expecting a sign board at a data center! Who does that? Like you said, dss doesn't need to invade any office to catch the hackers, all they need to do is to set up a honey pot to attract the hackers. A lot of folks here talking about what they do not know.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Chaleeee: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
Obiagelli:

Firstly 7pm a day before election is not 24hrs

Secondly, party agents, observers, and press are allowed to move around.

So when was Lie Mohammed arrested?
Which of the above listed did he belong to?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by yomexp(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
wirinet:

Well, i am not a lawyer and i am not conversant with the Company and Allied Act, but there are millions of businesses in Nigeria without any sign post in front of their offices or branches.

Please educate us further by quoting the relevant sections of the Company and Allied Act that mandate COMPANIES to put up sign post in all their branches nationwide.

Also i am getting a surprising new education from you, i never knew political parties in Nigeria are required to register with the CAC, please provide proof. I had thought they were only required to be registered with INEC.
I was at JUMIA office (data center) quite recently at lekki and there was no sign post what so ever. I guess JUMIA is conducting an illegal business. And if you are quite conversant with that area you would notice ETISALAT have there gateway right in front of there, again with no sign post.

Most data centers are meant to funtion 24/7 to manage a database. So what is the fuss all about?

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by 1wolex85: 1:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
wirinet:

It is a pity that i have to start defending APC, because i detest they way they have ruled Lagos, these past 15 years, but that is a subject for another day. APC never told you that the said office was their campaign office. They said it is a DATA OFFICE, and data offices are not supposed to attract the general public or ordinary party members.

I have a friend that works at a data center on V/I, they handle all Nigerian Custom's data base. Believe me, you would not know what goes on in there except you know a person working there. I only got to know when i was asked to quote for a power back up system for their servers. The place always look deserted as they do not deal with the general public.
Thank you wiring, that is disaster recovery plan (DRP101)! Never put a sign board at your data center
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by 1wolex85: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
wirinet:

It is a pity that i have to start defending APC, because i detest they way they have ruled Lagos, these past 15 years, but that is a subject for another day. APC never told you that the said office was their campaign office. They said it is a DATA OFFICE, and data offices are not supposed to attract the general public or ordinary party members.

I have a friend that works at a data center on V/I, they handle all Nigerian Custom's data base. Believe me, you would not know what goes on in there except you know a person working there. I only got to know when i was asked to quote for a power back up system for their servers. The place always look deserted as they do not deal with the general public.
Thank you wirinet , that is disaster recovery plan (DRP101)! Never put a sign board at your data center
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
Dat ogah is a pathetic serial liar. There's no crime being in an office late in the night into the morning. Nigerians shouldn't expect any truth is coming out of that shiit hole's mouth. Wif what they did on thursday in Nas and later came up with a story that they were trying to prevent thugs from coming into the Nas. They always having a perfect story to cover up their ulterior motives. She biitch claimed apc was trying to hack into inec's database? But yet the IT personnel was whisked away by dem operatives asking her for the password to the server. What a concidence. So who is tryn to hack wat? Is it Apc dats tryn to hack in2 inec's database or Dss/pdp dats trying to hack in2 apc's database? Fuckiing retarrds.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by yomexp(m): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
1wolex85:

I am so sure you are an IT person. No IT person will buy this story dss is selling. Imagine them expecting a sign board at a data center! Who does that? Like you said, dss doesn't need to invade any office to catch the hackers, all they need to do is to set up a honey pot to attract the hackers. A lot of folks here talking about what they do not know.

my brother i dont know of any IT person that will buy this thrash by the DSS. who advertises his batabase center?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by KEYSERSOZE(m): 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mogidi:

The DSS has the right to invade any place used for nefarious activity, if you have a problem with that, I suggest you head to court.

@Mogidi: Thank you for the reply

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by KEYSERSOZE(m): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
duni04:

Oga to obtain a warrant from a judge! If you know there's nothing sinister behind your search, the protocol is to go to a judge and get a warrant to search the place. Its not a long process.

Ogar's statement reads. "We watched the place for two weeks and got a valid warrant from the court to search the office.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

You are such an imbec!le to believe that party flags hung on gate mean they are party bases. An important house like a data center carrying sole APC activities deserve proper party recognition.

You always disgrace yourself online, what professional DATA CENTER have you seen with signpost .
Kindly show us PDP data center with PDP flag on it. I am 100% sure you have no idea about that.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by otosa(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
gramci:
Anything for National Security, Janjaw3eds can't be trusted. That office might as well be Boko Haram operational base.
neither Side A Nor Side B is working for betterment of Nigerians.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

You always disgrace yourself online, what professional DATA CENTER have you seen with signpost .
Kindly show us PDP data center with PDP flag on it. I am 100% sure you have no idea about that.

God bless you
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by atlwireles: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
When this fire APC is gathering sticks and petrol to set off starts burning, I hope you people have enough water to put it out.

Why are you people so criminal minded. angry angry angry angry
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by chamboy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
ocelot2006:

1) I suggest you read the post again. It says it was a joint operation Btw the DSS and the Navy, not DSS disguised as Navy personnel. Btw, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Navy but the Nigerian Police Force, cos both Forces wear blue camouflage. Using the Navy makes no sense.
2) All I see is a rack without the servers and PCS without their hard drives. So that means the DSS catered them off for investigation. I do not see any smashed drives or servers.
3) Yes arrest were made so as to determine the culprits behind the hacking operation which Btw is a cybercrime.
4) The DSS is the nation's domestic intelligence service and secret police. Yes they have the right to carry out arrests and searches. Read about them.
5) Investigations are never completed overnight. When they're through the DSS will inform the public.

Overall, great job DSS
Thank u Sir.. I like ur response

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Mogidi: 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
KEYSERSOZE:

@Mogidi: Thank you for the reply

Bros thanks for your fight against janjaweedism.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by atlwireles: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
idumuose:

That Jonathan is my president doesn't mean i cannot critize him.That i do not always support his policies does not translate to ditching him for APC - what? Me join APC?

I would rather join ogboni or OPC than join a party that is built on lies,propaganda and deciet.A party that celebrates thieves when they join them.if Anini were alive and joined APC,he would be given a rousing welcome.How can join a party that is always complaining when their posts laden with lies and deceit do not make frontpage.

Why would i join a party where a renowned drug baron is their godfather.Why would i join a party that is giving covert support for boko haram.Why would i join a party of dogs and baboonsgrin gringrin.Why would i join a party that is attractive to nairaland insurgents/trolls,touts and undesirable elements.How can i join a party where somebody will create 2 accounts and register them as male and female.

You must be outta your senses for contemplating my joining your party.A party that is hacking iNeC website is a party that you want me to join.You must be very wicked.Folks are looking for a way to ditch your party and you here begging me to join.It will be easier for Buhari to become a catholic priest than for me to join APC(devils on horse back)

You have said it all.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by atlwireles: 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
egift:
[s][/s]

- First you lied there was nothing.
- When it was revealed that the flag was there, you claimed it is not enough.
- Then now, it most have been a decoy.
- What next? You can't see it?

Now compare that to DSS information that they carried out 2 weeks survey and that they got a warrant for APC. And why was the DSS impersonating the Navy?

Jonathan is a desperate man. He wants to clone (duplicate) or destroy APC membership database.

Moments like this, make me mad with Jonathan and I wish Obj was President. Maggots like you need to be sought out by the security service and the skin on your body removed as you watch alive.

Keep up your madness, that bomb you people are making will explode in Nigeria. We shall all find out how fast you can run.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by mrofficial(m): 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't know where PDP data centre is but am sure it would not be used for illegal activities as this APC office seems to be doing.

I'm sure you must have learnt something today. Data centre isn't for the public. It's like the brain to an organisation and should not be attractive to the public. All DSS did was a dirty job for the PDP.

One thing is that, you know the truth and you refrained from it, and end up posting lies in order to support your party as a partisan that you are. It's a shameful thing, you know?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by tobnical(m): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
Trut:
APC does not only rig elections, they also HACK INEC database. I pity those that support Another Problem Coming (APC).
INEC database can't be hacked. Its offline data mgt
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by gramci: 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
otosa:
neither Side A Nor Side B is working for betterment of Nigerians.

one is deliberately sabotaging Nigeria
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

You are such a lousy fool, a data center can be housed any where even in a party secretariat, it is not rocket science. Asking me about a PDP data center amount to sheer foolishness cos there is nothing special in establishing such any where.

The APC folks are claiming that a flag hung on the gate was enough proof that the building had enormous importance to their operations and i insist it is a very foolish point to hold unto.

Next time you quote me, don't be utterly inane in your assertions.

Useless thing.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
egift:

You seem to pretended as if it did not happen. Now you want to spin it that APC destroyed their facilities, even when DSS has come out to announce they carried out the operation. How more pathetic can you be?

[img]http://2.bp..com/-TNdOk8UD61I/VHGEAPRocwI/AAAAAAABZZk/sjmqzrkBurk/s280/APC4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-jhkF3iKGnmI/VHGEDTdk-zI/AAAAAAABZZ8/iC05t6PVnDU/s280/APC7.jpg[/img]

More: https://www.nairaland.com/2011323/dss-operatives-soldiers-raid-lagos

Common sense didn't tell you that the opened CPU was to aid retrieval of the HDD drive for forensic analysis by the DSS operatives.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Babacele: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=JANK23H post=28271539]A data centre that starts work as early as 6am or run a night shift. What is so pressing to warrant a data centre run a night shift.

Y cant the SSS expose their facts in a lawcourt if they are clean?
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by farem: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
egift:
Where are those that claimed there was no invasion? This was a PDP operation to destroy APC National Membership Records.

UPDATE:
APC Flag was boldly placed on Front Entrance - How then can the DSS claim their was nothing to indicate APC used the premises?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1886634_apcregcenter2_jpeg1e6c51e2190d3657f3dfa7143a280f13

I want to tell you those on APC data base may not find their names on election day! DSS and INEC will work together to disenfranchise these people knowing they are the backbone of APC. THIS IS THE GAME-PLAN but IT SHALL FAIL!

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Babacele: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
Why is SS afraid to expose their claims in a lawcourt? These bunch of criminals isn't our SS but a bunch of criminals. We urge APC to sue them.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by emmatok(m): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
jmaine:

You are such a lousy fool, a data center can be housed any where even in a party secretariat, it is not rocket science. Asking me about a PDP data center amount to sheer foolishness cos there is nothing special in establishing such any where.

The APC folks are claiming that a flag hung on the gate was enough proof that the building had enormous importance to their operations and i insist it is a very foolish point to hold unto.

Next time you quote me, don't be utterly inane in your assertions.

Useless thing.

No PDP secretariat nationwide houses any data center, that i can tell you for free.

And no sensible political party houses their data center within the party secretariat, due to constant political rivalry.

http://africanspotlight.com/2014/04/14/fire-guts-pdp-secretariat-in-abuja-photos/

nothing special in establishing such any where

Yeye man don't even know that data centers are heart of political parties.

I see you are one of the new GEJ PDP members, who knows nothing about PDP structure.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by aresa: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
1wolex85:

They need to bury their heads in shame with the sign excuse and Nigerians really need to question why they are funding this shameful, incompetent, corrupt and politically compromised organization called DSS.

Imagine a secrete and investigative agency judging ownership and occupancy by signpost like a common roadside civilian..

Is this how they investigate, run a secrete and investigative agency? Do they not have access to investigative tools and well trained investigators and even people with basic common sense to determine ownership like who the building belong or who rented the building, who is paying the rent, the identities of the folks entering and leaving the building including their background via background checks. These are basic investigative procedures that ordinary private investigators do everyday with ease.

Imagine this useless people saying they did their investigation by just sitting and looking from across the street for 2 weeks? I'm trying hard not to laugh because this is not only shameful and embarrassing, it's also very dangerous and troubling..

Imagine the FBI coming up with the same absurd and embarrassing rubbish.

Also, if their intention was what they claimed, why destroy valuable and potential evidence? Obviously, they had clear knowledge per the house and APC, they specifically went in there to sabotage and destroy based on political orders from their masters...

The most damaging aspect of this blunder remains the fact that we fund and expect this agency to serve and protect us from evils like BH, but so far, seems their only focus and responsibility is to fight political battles and the opposition. They can not even investigate or secure intelligence to protect us against BH, but they have all the time in the world just like the Nigerian police to continuously engage in political fights.

They have zero intelligence to see BH coming from miles away to kill Nigerians and take over our territory, but they have time and intelligence when it comes to the opposition.

Again, I feel like laughing, but this is just too sad and troubling..

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
The DSS goofed, big time! You went to a govt opposition party office and acted in such a brazen manner. What credible evidence do you expect to produce therefrom that the opposition could not easily refute as being 'manufactured' or 'planted.' A very unprofessional job.
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by jmaine: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
emmatok:

No PDP secretariat nationwide houses any data center, that i can tell you for free.

You are in no position to believe your watery assertion is the law, so keep your free nonsense to yourself.

emmatok:

And no sensible political party houses their data center within the party secretariat, due to constant political rivalry.

Much ado over nothing, even the IT juggernauts like MS, apple, google et al., have their datacenter location made public. These are all Mega corporations constantly in fierce competition, who have all to lose in an event of any breach whatsoever.

emmatok:

Yeye man don't even know that data centers are heart of political parties.

But according to nairalanders members of the APC, the party was foolish enough to place a flag to show how key the raided datacenter was. You dont have any sense . . .

emmatok:

you are one of the new GEJ PDP members, who knows nothing about PDP structure.

Kindly shut up please. You are beginning to sound incredibly silly . . . .
Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by menesheh(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Obiagelli:
Don't you just love the Nigerian Navy. Dss nawa o. Seun obinoscopy, front page, they said apc is printing PVCs.

This is the same DSS th cat arrested lai mohammed for loitering.
U no see u, Buhari campaign boy with fake account number on his signature different from the official one posted.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS by Babacele: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
Why would d president still be keeping a Director of DSS and his structure that deliberately lied about Umar Dangiwa ,and also 'misled' him about chibok abductions until the 18th day when BH had comfortably escaped? God help us!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

We Are Not Aware Of Jonathan’s N21Billion Donation - Nigeria Police / Warri Refinery Crippled By Disrepair, Corruption, Shuts Down / Deleting Priority Projects Of A Govt Is An Economic Crime - Wole Solanke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.