Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? (624 Views)

Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee / Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? by babyfun(f): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
A friend of mine recently came to me for an advice on whether or not to date a divorcee which is eventually going to lead to marriage and i told her to give me some time to think about it myself because i don't know what to tell her.

According to her, she said the man is very loving, caring and God fearing but left his previous wife because of domestic violence from the lady (women has a higher right than men here). She even showed me a picture of the man's swollen face due to slaps from the lady and they didn't have any children together. She's confused because of the church she attends and as a very active member, she's trying to do everything honorably so as to set a good example for other singles.
Please what kind of advice do you think i can give her: to leave the guy or to continue with the relationship?
Re: What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? by oieda: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
Adultery

He is loving and caring? Do you expect him to be a monster? If he were who will go near him. And the reason for leaving is always 'right' from his side shaa.

Tell your friend to stay clear of another woman's husband.
Re: What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
She should go ahead if he is a good man.
Re: What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? by bennyrazz: 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
your friend should go and pray, fast and listen to God's voice for direction.
Re: What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? by dein77(m): 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
I have no idea. It's a pretty difficult situation.
Re: What's Your Take On Christians Getting Married To A Divorcee? by oieda: 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
bennyrazz:
your friend should go and pray, fast and listen to God's voice for direction.

Wish kin fast and pray. She never read for Bible da marriage to a person whose spouse is still alive (because it is till death do part not divorce do part) is adultery?

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me Please Am Confused / 3 Amazing Nigerian Kid Authors (Your Child Too Can Be One) / 15 Parent's Attitudes Towards Kids That Causes Bad Behaviors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.