Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (32485 Views)

My Encounter With Captain Buhari / Armed Robbers At Alaba International Market / SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
If the thief had been caught, the story would have bean about the passing away of a soul. #peopleshouldsaynotostealing
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by henryobinna(m): 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
holatin:

do you understand those four line
No sir.
maybe you should explain
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by cozy7(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:
Good evening pals, just got back from work and i want to share my story with you. I also need your contribution and experiences.

I work at Festac but i live at Apapa. I boarded a Mile 2 bus at Festac. When I got to mile2 bustop by 7:30pm, I boarded a danfo bus (LT35) to Apapa. The bus has five rows and i was at the middle. As we left mile2, there was traffic immediately after the bridge.

While pressing my phone, the girl at the extreme back near the window who was pressing her phone shouted "JESUS!!!!" We all looked back thinking that the truck behind us was about to hit us.

However,what we saw was a young guy in all black attire and a face cap trying to pick up something from the floor outside.

Suddenly, the conductor started shouting "Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!" (thief thief thief)

Before the conductor could even get down from the bus, the guy took to his heels. He ran into the other side of the road and we didnt see him again.....That was when we realized that he had stolen the Samsung S5 belonging to the girl sitting near the window..

And that was it, the phone was gone just like that. I was in shock till i got home.

Share your own Mile 2 experience.
THE GIRL MUST JUST B COMING TO LAGOS 4D 1ST TIME TO HV CALLED JESUS, LIKE IT WAS JESUS WHO SNATCHED IT. U SHD NT B SHOCKED UNLESS THIS IS YOUR 2ND WEEK HERE. TRUST ME, D GIRL HAS LEARNT ALL HER LESSONS IN ONE DAY. WE SEE IT ALL DAY. SOJI YOURSELF BRO.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by sayatyadebayor(m): 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
lagos is not for mumu
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Jakeattah(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
mile 2 again?

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Iyanuasele: 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
This guy u are not rob na, why this topic na? You better stop this sweet mouth thing, I beg if na play make una stop am o, good luck
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by holatin(m): 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
henryobinna:
No sir.
maybe you should explain
the first line is d answer to the second to the last line and d last line u is my final word to the post.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Uchefrancis16(m): 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:
Good evening pals, just got back from work and i want to share my story with you. I also need your contribution and experiences.

I work at Festac but i live at Apapa. I boarded a Mile 2 bus at Festac. When I got to mile2 bustop by 7:30pm, I boarded a danfo bus (LT35) to Apapa. The bus has five rows and i was at the middle. As we left mile2, there was traffic immediately after the bridge.

While pressing my phone, the girl at the extreme back near the window who was pressing her phone shouted "JESUS!!!!" We all looked back thinking that the truck behind us was about to hit us.

However,what we saw was a young guy in all black attire and a face cap trying to pick up something from the floor outside.

Suddenly, the conductor started shouting "Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!" (thief thief thief)

Before the conductor could even get down from the bus, the guy took to his heels. He ran into the other side of the road and we didnt see him again.....That was when we realized that he had stolen the Samsung S5 belonging to the girl sitting near the window..

And that was it, the phone was gone just like that. I was in shock till i got home.

This is not the first time things like this is happening. Its not right to operate phones or any gadget at all while on the road. Girls do this a lot especailly once with all this billion dollars phones. Before was BB and now samsung. They will always want to show off. I guess she just learnt her lessons.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by henryobinna(m): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
holatin:

the first line is d answer to the second to the last line and d last line u is my final word to the post.
you say what....?

waite let me go n read that again...
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Deepfreezer(m): 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lagos.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by komek(m): 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
datguru:
And you call this your encounter? Listen let me share briefly, an experience with aro baggers in RSUST ( rivers state university of science and technology)

On a cool evening after lectures, I followed the back gate with my friends and we were going towards azikiwe. Just before the gate, we saw a nigga sitting in the field and we all knew he is a nigga because odin is working in him.

Nigga: aboy ! Aboy!! Aboy!!!

We all kept silent as if we didn't hear

Nigga: wey you! Aboy!!!

We then decided to stop to avoid problem.

Nigga: three of una make una come, infact make only that middle guy come ( that's me)

I was a fresher and the other guys were in year 3 so I think he had a target.

Nigga: na you abi, so na you!!

I was shivering and wondering what he meant.

Me: senior boy wetin I do now, I just follow my friends dey come back from lecture.

Nigga: shut up! I dey talk you dey talk, you want make I start to dey cut you? So na you! You follow for one of those guys wey fall our man for mile 2, no worry, you go join am today.

I was shivering very bad and my heart was pounding heavily to the extent I was stammering.

Me: senior boy no be me oo, I just come new for this place. Abeg no be me.

Nigga: you say wetin? Your own don be! No worry, you go see, shey na you be their chief strike! Na me personally go comot your eye. Na you ! You think say I no go recognise you ?

I almost pee on my clothes, then he dragged me down to where some other niggas were sitting, by this time my friends have took to their heels.

Nigga: Aro, see the manchin here! ( Talking to the other guys)

Aro: aboy wida, who goes!

I was quite, I just felt like the ground should open and swallow me. Then he comes close to me.

Aro: wetin you hold there?

Me: na just my phone and wallet

He comes closer and collects them after searching me thoroughly.

Aro: start from here dey run dey go, make you no look back. If you mumu, we go just waste you here. *slaps my head* oya dey run.

Me: I took to my heels and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

Even as I'm typing this thing, I'm still shivering. No be small thing that day

This same thing happened to me in 2002 near mile 1 abi na mile 3 near same Ust. Those guys are idiots. They obtained the 5k my aunt gave to me for my sch runs. In my own case the mad boy showed me gun in a hot afternoon near a filling station and pple were looking at us, nobody came to help. He said " I don catch u finally, na una fall our man for Choba last week. Very annoying experience.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
Girls with flashy phones na dem dey always carry last. U don't press ur fone by d window of any vehicle(danfo or private car) in traffic be it day or night. Even when in a wind up car n u stuck in traffic, never press ur fone dat moment, dese dudes got a special axe for breaking d glass. So don't get caught with ur pants down.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by joe17: 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
datguru:
And you call this your encounter? Listen let me share briefly, an experience with aro baggers in RSUST ( rivers state university of science and technology)

On a cool evening after lectures, I followed the back gate with my friends and we were going towards azikiwe. Just before the gate, we saw a nigga sitting in the field and we all knew he is a nigga because odin is working in him.

Nigga: aboy ! Aboy!! Aboy!!!

We all kept silent as if we didn't hear

Nigga: wey you! Aboy!!!

We then decided to stop to avoid problem.

Nigga: three of una make una come, infact make only that middle guy come ( that's me)

I was a fresher and the other guys were in year 3 so I think he had a target.

Nigga: na you abi, so na you!!

I was shivering and wondering what he meant.

Me: senior boy wetin I do now, I just follow my friends dey come back from lecture.

Nigga: shut up! I dey talk you dey talk, you want make I start to dey cut you? So na you! You follow for one of those guys wey fall our man for mile 2, no worry, you go join am today.

I was shivering very bad and my heart was pounding heavily to the extent I was stammering.

Me: senior boy no be me oo, I just come new for this place. Abeg no be me.

Nigga: you say wetin? Your own don be! No worry, you go see, shey na you be their chief strike! Na me personally go comot your eye. Na you ! You think say I no go recognise you ?

I almost pee on my clothes, then he dragged me down to where some other niggas were sitting, by this time my friends have took to their heels.

Nigga: Aro, see the manchin here! ( Talking to the other guys)

Aro: aboy wida, who goes!

I was quite, I just felt like the ground should open and swallow me. Then he comes close to me.

Aro: wetin you hold there?

Me: na just my phone and wallet

He comes closer and collects them after searching me thoroughly.

Aro: start from here dey run dey go, make you no look back. If you mumu, we go just waste you here. *slaps my head* oya dey run.

Me: I took to my heels and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesycheesy cheesy
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Fourwinds: 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
I no fit carry expensive phone go lagos ooh. #2000 phone is okay for me in lagos traffic. Heheheheeee.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Uwakuwak(f): 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
Na small experience be that, is not shocking
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Odunharry(m): 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
justi4jesu:

lol... E be like say the Girl just enter lagos. If you must press your phone, close the window or better still leave your phone in your bag until you reach house. cheesy cheesy
d gal na jjc 4 lagos

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by pablus: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
glad nobody was physically hurt. what is "pressing phone"?

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
That was how I was attacked 3 weeks ago at that same area in traffic.

Beht igboro ni wa
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by gsainttrinity(m): 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
datguru:

Aro:dey go, make you no look back. If you mumu, we go just waste you here. *slaps my head* oya dey run.

Me: I took to my heels and ran as fast as my legs could carry me

Jew man! So na you be that eh?
You carry my matter come nairaland abi?
Just they run make we no catch you. Cuz u go chop plenty groundnut.

Lol. . No Nigerian guy is permitted to be a jew. At least be a rugged jew.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by sparkleboy(m): 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lasgidi, The city that sharpens the dull and smoothens the rough.. grin

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by henryobinna(m): 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
holatin:

nigga you're crazy...
what other sense does this ↓↓↓ make?
mehn thank God you are alive
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by mdee1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
Francheezy:
Mehn Op Nawa for u ooooo, does that look like Robbing? It's called Window Shopping and black Friday is approaching. smiley
I don dey hear black Friday since, abeg na wetin dat wan mean sef?
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by blakky97(m): 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:

I once watched a scene in ajah (near the roundabout towards abijan) a lady had her bag snatched by a thief, as people chased him, he ran to a man and dropped the bag on his feet. Although people saw what happened and left the man alone, they may have assumed it was his turn to run with the bag but that he couldn't make it. God saved the man that he did not pick it up in confusion and that he was not on the mainland. He may have met his death unjustly.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by tehny(f): 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pele dy jst usse am fr u bi lox
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by defhenry(m): 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
Big lie!! I live in Abuja and my fone was stolen from my car at Wuse market traffic light.
One tout just walked up to my window while I was waiting for the light to turn green and tapped my head saying 'Wetin I do u Wey u wan jam me'. Feeling like a bad guy, I jumped down from the car, steering lock in hand, just in case, only for d guy to walk away. I thought it strange but went back into the car, only to look at the passengers seat where my fone was n surprise surprise, no phone.... It happens everywhere, poverty is prevalent in the country.
prince3009:

Me too. You can walk on the streets of Abuja with an iPhone 6 by 12 midnight and feel safe. #TeamAbuja
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
philipstweets:

Why bother ur self?
I would have sworn the gurl never did buy the phone with her money...Don't worry cos her boi friends or sugar daddies would contribute to her owning a samsung galaxy S6 + an apple iPhone 7 grin grin cheesy
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
The girl wouldn't cry or worry about the phone. After all her boyfriend will cough out another one for her.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by delors(m): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pls OP, na wah o. I been think say na u dem rob self. Lol

Back then when Nokia was still the market king, twice was I robbed at mile 2 (about to board a bus to Okoko. One of the stolen phones was Nokia 6600 (I guess, that DSTV one), eased outta my pocket with impressive professionalism just before I boarded the bus. E pain me eh.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by ebiye55(m): 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
So they didn't rob you? Thanks be to God
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by kingthreat(m): 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
A relative of mine was robbed along Iyana-Ipaja bus stop. He had a Samsung S5 in his pocket and was walking on the road to board the next bus stop. The phone was sticking out of his pocket in a way. Then the next thing, he felt in a tight space surrounded by people while walking, then a hand slipped and took his phone from his pocket. from behind. On turning around, he saw like 5 people around him. He didn't know who to suspect. He tried to create a scene but the guys began accusing him of harassing them. 2 of them showed him their pockets.

Then a woman who was by his side too pointed to a boy somewhere and told him, that she's highly suspecting him. My relative followed the boy stopped him and requested for his phone. The boy showed him his phones and reacted angrily on being called a thief. That was when it dawned that he has been robbed and he could not do anything about it.

When he related the story to me, I told him that it wasn't just a 1-person job. Like 3-4 of them planned it including the woman.
Just be smart.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
defhenry:
Big lie!! I live in Abuja and my fone was stolen from my car at Wuse market traffic light.
One tout just walked up to my window while I was waiting for the light to turn green and tapped my head saying 'Wetin I do u Wey u wan jam me'. Feeling like a bad guy, I jumped down from the car, steering lock in hand, just in case, only for d guy to walk away. I thought it strange but went back into the car, only to look at the passengers seat where my fone was n surprise surprise, no phone.... It happens everywhere, poverty is prevalent in the country.

That's why i said you can walk...i didn't say drive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Osinbajo Kneeling Down To Pray For Nigeria Yesterday / Folagbade Olateru-Olagbegi Olowo Of Owo Burial: Saraki, Akeredolu, Fayemi Attend / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.