Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

.... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .... (7829 Views)

Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. / A Thread For Nigeria's Firsts / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .... by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
Hopefully, the FIRST president since democracy started in Nigeria that would be kicked out of office come 2015..I can't just reconcile the fact that OBJ seeded him ahead of the likes of Donald Duke during 2007 polls as running mate to UMY
Like I keep saying, Obj was protecting his estate, he knows that only a co-traveller can guarantee him that. Beside, Duke is a Jonathanian, I don't think we need people that belong to the system. Hopefully, Power will change hands 2015
Re: .... by Firefire(m): 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
omenka:
I don't think so. He's not "trying" to do anything. He's said everything just the way it is. Do you dispute them??

He has stated the happenings in Nigeria in a jaundiced manner.

I called that falsification, and a very big caricature.

It is prejudicial and unacceptable. angry

2 Likes

Re: .... by Firefire(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
barcanista:
Bros, you even get time answer firefire o, the bros knows that he has nothing to say to dispute any part of the write-up

Is this no longer a forum for discussion

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
Firefire:

Is this no longer a forum for discussion
You are not ready for discussion.
Re: .... by Firefire(m): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
barcanista:
You are not ready for discussion.

Then enjoy your wisdom alone.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: .... by Scatterboss(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Firefire:
Barcanista you are trying so hard to paint this guy black to promote GMB

It is well.

The op is spot on. Counter his points instead of trying to smuggle Buhari to the thread.

6 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
Scatterboss:

The op is spot on. Counter his points instead of trying to smuggle Buhari to the thread.
Thank you. They are just too obsessed about Buhari

3 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
barcanista:
Thank you. They are just too obsessed about Buhari

Barcanista, how about you trend this on twitter....#thefirstpresidentin9ja
Re: .... by mrmetoo1: 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
Nobleval:
who are the oppositions?

You mean the defectors?

What does that have to do with anything??

Point is a lot of you have agreed that GEJ has failed but your next move now is to either say the past administration wasn't better or to say there's no one better to replace him, I disagree and I know a lot of people who do. There's no point mentioning all the people that'll do a better job than him because I know all I'm going to get is the same ol' recycled talking points against them.

I choose to focus on the failure and the fact that I know we can do better. Nigeria deserves better
Re: .... by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
Deyou:

Barcanista, how about you trend this on twitter....#thefirstpresidentin9ja
Good idea grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by simplychic(f): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
Firefire:
Barcanista you are trying so hard to paint this guy black to promote GMB

It is well.

He is not painting him black,he is merely stating what he has done while in office as the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. If he is wrong you are free to point out where he is wrong. Nigerians are already reaping the fruit of their stupid sentiment in 2011 voting in a mediocre, a president who cannot debate with his opponent on what he has for this country. A mechanic can do better job than him, yet I heard he is a doctor, I question his doctorate degree otueke degree.

5 Likes

Re: .... by Demdem(m): 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jonathan remains a curse to the Nigerian Nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
simplychic:

He is not painting him black,he is merely stating what he has done while in office as the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. If he is wrong you are free to point out where he is wrong. Nigerians are already reaping the fruit of their stupid sentiment in 2011 voting in a mediocre, a president who cannot debate with his opponent on what he has for this country. A mechanic can do better job than him, yet I heard he is a doctor, I question his doctorate degree otueke degree.

He ran away during Presidential Debate in 2011

Only to Debate against himself

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

4 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Demdem:
Jonathan remains a curse to the Nigerian Nation.
The only President that stood as his own opponent in a "Kangaroo" Presidential debate
Re: .... by medamillion(m): 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
If PHd is to be awarded in corruption. President JONA will surely be the first to have it.

1 Like

Re: .... by Demdem(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
barcanista:
The only President that stood as his own opponent in a "Kangaroo" Presidential debate

A shameless one
Re: .... by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jonathan will be the first incumbent president to be defeated at the polls come February 2015

2 Likes

Re: .... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
soloafe:
keep it coming, jobless idiots. ogoro
Na you dey buy MB for him?

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
Demdem:

A shameless one
IBB was called a Maradona... Curny man
Abacha was called a Dispot... Brutal Man
Obasanjo was called "baba"... He was very assertive
Yaradua was called Baba Go Slow aka Rule of Law... He allowed the law to take pre-eminence in whatever decision he takes

Non of them were called clueless despite their heavy shortcoming, they all had clue.... but President Jonathan?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
The first president to give the GCON honour, known to be the exclusive preserve of the Vice President, to other Nigerians.
Re: .... by kart042000(m): 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
barcanista:
Good idea grin grin
cheesy cheesy You sure must really be giving them sleepless night. The realities are even far worse than the little you just stated.

The first president that jets out at will, regardless of the condition on ground e.g after an explosion and churches were been bombed in kaduna he was busy dancing shoki in brazil.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/i-did-not-abandon-my-responsibility-jonathan-speaks/

What amazes me about our president is that sometimes he says tangible things but acts differently. When world bank accused Nigeria of fake GDP rebasing which does not reflect the realities with over 100 million nigerians living in destitution and Nigeria rated amongst the worlds poorest countries.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/rebased-gdp-world-bank-nigerias-realities/

Jonathan said 'He said that the realities on ground did not portray the country as a poor nation, but a nation which abundant wealth needed to be evenly redistributed. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/nigeria-poor-nation-says-jonathan/#sthash.37ngzsh7.dpuf

He spoke well and further said “I visited Kenya recently on a state visit and there was a programme for Nigerian and Kenyan business men to interact and the number of private jets that landed in Nairobi that day was a subject of discussion in Kenyan media for over a week.
“If you talk about ownership of private jets, Nigeria will be among the first 10 countries, yet they are saying that Nigeria is among the five poorest countries.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/nigeria-poor-nation-says-jonathan/#sthash.37ngzsh7.dpuf.

And he had so much confidence to flaunt the wealth, and acknowledge that nigerians who own jets are so many even though if proper investigation is been done, it would be seen that majority of the people who own the jets got it from corrupt practices...

We need change come 2015..... Nigeria does not belong to a political party, the high time they know this the better because it would make them sit up. Mimiko did well in his first tenure, now he his misbehaving, not paying workers. Fashola performed better in his first term, doctors have been on strik

From my observation politicians in Nigeria become terror in their second term. Be wise. Vote wisely and not on sentiments/religion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
The First Leader to call Terrorists his brothers cheesy cheesy

"They((Boko Haram) are our siblings and you cannot send the army to wipe out your family" - President Goodluck Jonathan

1 Like

Re: .... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
barcanista:

He ran away during Presidential Debate in 2011

Only to Debate against himself

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]
But he also attended that of Dbanj.
Re: .... by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
kart042000:
“If you talk about ownership of private jets, Nigeria will be among the first 10 countries, yet they are saying that Nigeria is among the five poorest countries.
That statement was very "clueful" lol.

I am in agreement with you that Government performed better in their first term, though exception to this from my own study are exGovernor Tinubu of Lagos and Incumbent Governor Kwankwaso of Kano. Probably because a lot was/is at stake for each of them respectively. Back to Jonathan, if he can't perform on average or fairly average standard now that a lot is at stake then it means Nigerians will experience hell with him in power for another four years

1 Like

Re: .... by patrickmuf(m): 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
Truly the first at everything not worthy of praise...
"Stealing is not corruption" I mean who in his/her right senses says this? Not even a convicted thief...
Re: .... by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

But he also attended that of Dbanj.
Oh you mean this Debate against the koko master that was not even a Councillor aspirant in 2011
Re: .... by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
Johnpaul2k2:
Op,

50k per month just to insult your president.

I cannot wait to give ur buhari another handkerchief
Darn! Forget that barcanista wrote this. Read the article with the heart of a sincere Nigerian. When you guys get stuck,that's when you start acting all emotional and start making fools of yourselves around NL. Well,if you don't wanna be a sincere Nigerian,and you wanna be just a politician,open a counter-thread for 10 bad things that happened first in Buhari's regime. Tag me when you do that.
Ayamlaykorn
TeamSendTANoidsBackToSchool

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
laykorn:

Darn! Forget that barcanista wrote this. Read the article with the heart of a sincere Nigerian. When you guys get stuck,that's when you start acting all emotional and start making fools of yourselves around NL. Well,if you don't wanna be a sincere Nigerian,and you wanna be just a politician,open a counter-thread for 10 bad things that happened first in Buhari's regime. Tag me when you do that.
Ayamlaykorn
TeamSendTANoidsBackToSchool
Laykorn abeg help me tell am o... I wish I can see 50k sef grin grin

1 Like

Re: .... by explorer250(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
mrmetoo1:

What does that have to do with anything??

Point is a lot of you have agreed that GEJ has failed but your next move now is to either say the past administration wasn't better or to say there's no one better to replace him, I disagree and I know a lot of people who do. There's no point mentioning all the people that'll do a better job than him because I know all I'm going to get is the same ol' recycled talking points against them.

I choose to focus on the failure and the fact that I know we can do better. Nigeria deserves better
Who and whom have come to the agreement of jonathans failure?
If the past administrations is not better than him,then what have made him a failure?, is it the cheap points mentioned by barcanista whom was duely paid? Or didn't the past administration have their flaws?.
Young man, are you trying to say that some leaders are perfect and so gej must be perfect?
Why have you also choose to criticise his flaws only, without celebrating his achievements? Is it what makes you a patriotic nigerian?
Guy you are only blinded by hatred. your criticism is based on hatred and not out of concern or patriotism. Pls criticise constructively Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by kart042000(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
barcanista:
That statement was very "clueful" lol.

I am in agreement with you that Government performed better in their first term, though exception to this from my own study are exGovernor Tinubu of Lagos and Incumbent Governor Kwankwaso of Kano. Probably because a lot was/is at stake for each of them respectively. Back to Jonathan, if he can't perform on average or fairly average standard now that a lot is at stake then it means Nigerians will experience hell with him in power for another four years

With him in government come 2015 will mean hell for Nigerians. What Nigerians dont know is that the poor can always still get poorer, they keep believing a man on the floor has no reason to be afraid of falling, but they need to be wary of what is going to fall on them . They have not removed subsidy now because of election,that would be the first gift after election and further increase in fuel price come 2016.

The government has not said anything about austherity measures on there salaries and cost of governance, rather they are mounting pressure on custom and FIRS, we the masses will bear the brunt. Most companies would not be able to cope, the likes of mtn can easily roll back or mass sack employees. I see the dangers coming because right now we are meant to look inward, cut cost of governance, benchmark the budget to like $30/barrel and be saving $40. They should reduce the rate of importation into the country, let us all return to the farm. So many countries in Africa cannot grow crops on there soil, we can have a bilateral agreement with their government and be exporting. Countries like Sudan, Namibia, Libya etc Prayer does a lot, but faith without works is dead James 2-14:16.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .... by rozayx5(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
another jweedian party thread

1 Like

Re: .... by Gh0stFreak: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
TAGS
firefire
mogidi
phockphockman
atlwireless
mudraker,wombraiders
collynzo9
tomakint
aljharem
brownlord
truckpusher
shizzle11
bloodykiller
idumuose
anonimi
jmaine
chukwudi44
pazienza
ratiken
longeria
stebell
talktimi
OKDnigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What A Truthful Yoruba Man Said About Recent Igbo-yoruba Rift / We’ll Wait For Supreme Court’s Pronouncement On Zamfara APC —INEC / Ortom: Several Attempts Made To Eliminate Me But God Kept Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.