Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (239310 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sasteve(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
Tks for d info ,m 4rm Edo sta te n i m interested in farming it pls lead us from preparatary to finishing stage
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by stint(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
jjman2322:
Hey Jasper,

Are you looking for investors? I already have a good business (pharmaceutical manufacturing, and we employ over 300 people).

I would like somewhere to put some of my money into, for a small return.

Maybe you could use the money to buy land, expand, etc. I have a good amount of millions to invest, let me know if this is something you are interested in doing.

I also have a lot of available land in Anambra that will be idle forever, so if its something you can use let me know... I read the whole thread and im proud of what you are doing, I just don't have enough time to get into this business full time.

Please sir, invest in me through jasper. I have been following this thread from the begining. I will also make use of your land so u can monitor my activities even though i have like two hectares in osun. You will see me comment on the early pages of this thread. Agriculture is something i really believe in. Capital has been a big pain.

Oga jasper, please back me up on this, i want you to supervise everything. Including money handling, cultivation and havest selling. Ill just live on the farm and ensure every instruction is carried out perfectly.
Please this may be the miracle ive been praying for this new year.

9 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Walexwal: 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
Wow...dis is really a lovely thread..I read through all the. Pages, I couldn't even let any comment slip by! Oga jasper7..I will love to have the cucumber seeds and experiment here in abeokuta, Ogun state. Thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by okwentency: 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
jasper7:
Back to class. We are at number 4 factor. NUMBER 4 is IRRIGATION. Over 80% of cucumber composition is water. Yes! Water... the need for constant water cannot be underestimated. And for this, irrigation is key.

Personally, wherever I am developing land, once the land is secure from pests the next thing I do is secure a constant source of water. Could be a nearby stream or I sink bore-hole in the land.

Please if you don't have constant source of water, cucumber farming is not for you.

If the plants are not well watered, the primary effect is that the products will be bitter. Have you eaten bitter cucumber before? Let's just say it's a combination of quinine and bitter leaf. Nobody will buy it from you, and bye bye to 1million Net profit.
Secondly, the plants won't last long before they wither. Which would not allow you to harvest as many times as you need to. So... bye bye 1million profit.
grin grin grin@ quinine and bitter leaf
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by pdozie: 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nice job Jasper. pls is it late to join the trial class? I've gone from page 1 to now 14th, and am thrilled. I have a garden where I plant vegetables and seasonal foods, am game to try out cucumber on it. Am in Lagos, is there any way I can still get seeds?

Kind regards
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by naeme(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
@jasper7 I went to venture into agriculture, and I did love to learn from you, this is ma e-mail address, obiapuna@gmail.com kindly let me know how to contact you.
Thanks.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by extraordinary1: 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mr Jasper i must salute your courage and effort in sharing the success of your business.Please your success will not be complete if no one achieve this feat like you.Please inbox me your line so you could guide in my little cucumber farm. extraordinary00183@gmail.com . Thanks in anticipation and God bless
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by momysgirly(f): 12:12am On Jan 16, 2015
Plz am in owerri, am interested in this too, how do I locate u
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by irokop(m): 2:04am On Jan 16, 2015
momysgirly:
Plz am in owerri, am interested in this too, how do I locate u

Jasper I'm very proud of you keep it up, at list our youths can see that one can always be the boss of him self and make millions without carrying certificate up and down. I was watching a farming work shop on ait last year I heard debanji saying one can still be a farmer and still wear Rolex watch and rode Ferrari that is what I'm seeing in you.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by ypad: 2:59am On Jan 16, 2015
@jasper Great job man. Thanks so much. As a woman I have always wanted to be a farmer. In 2007 I came up with a proposal on mechanize farming but along the line it was hijacked by the "power that be". I am interested. I 'll call you later today. Thanks once again
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by pdozie: 8:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Kalusam:
Maybe its the seed o because the soil here is loamy.

Dear Kalusam, your updates are encouraging. Please continue to post them.

Meanwhile, do let me know if you have any left over seed for cultivation - I believe you are in Lagos??

Kind regards
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by yoged(m): 8:49am On Jan 16, 2015
benefitting from this thread. it's time to venture into agriculture.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by world1(m): 9:13am On Jan 16, 2015
Are you interested in having a plantain farm in south West Nigeria, Abeokuta to be precise with access to ready market? search no further, join us at Highhill Plantain Village, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Are you Abroad, Lagos or its environs interested in having a plantain farm?

If YES, then stop looking for land in far away you can actually get an acre of highly fertile land with all necessary documents including total plantain farm setup and 1 year management for just N650k in Awowo Town Ewekoro LGA. Along Abeokuta/Express Way, Ogun State.

Check it out here
http://nigeriaplantainvillage..com/2015/01/are-you-interested-in-having-plantain_15.html?m=1.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by flowjoe: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2015
Jah bless your hustle Op cool
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by guyla: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2015
Your thread is fantastic,
do you mind if i visit your farm if and when im in owerri,
if more of our youths will engage in the production of other commercial crops like you are doing, soon the issue of no job in the country syndrome that is affecting everybody will be a thing of history
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Kalusam(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2015
Thanks for the encouraging words. First, I only got sample seeds from Jasper...they were not even enough for the beds I made.
pdozie:

Dear Kalusam, your updates are encouraging. Please continue to post them.

Meanwhile, do let me know if you have any left over seed for cultivation - I believe you are in Lagos??

Kind regards
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by bawelat: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2015
@jasper7 good day to you of all d agric thread on NL so far it's only yours and one other i can relate with pls i av some personal request to make pls can u just use your email to send a blank mail to bawelat@gmail.com so i will be able to mail you thanks.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by 9jaStartUpSerie: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
@jasper7, Thanks for staying up late to share your experience in vegetable farming with 9jastartupseries.com. Kindly check out your interview at
http://9jastartupseries.com/jasper-ezirim-an-integrated-farmer-and-food-consultant-on-9jastartupseries-com/.

For any questions,please send am email to admin@9jaStartupSeries.com.

Thanks,
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by slimdread: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Bros,
Jst saw dis thread here yday, nt been here in a while but i must say am very impressed and educated already, wnt mind to try it out in my small garden. Abeg where can one get the seeds to buy in lagos?

Well done o, more grease to ur elbow bros.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Sutsillac(m): 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
beautiful thread, inspiring. well done opp
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Sutsillac(m): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
jjman2322:
Hey Jasper,

Are you looking for investors? I already have a good business (pharmaceutical manufacturing, and we employ over 300 people).

I would like somewhere to put some of my money into, for a small return.

Maybe you could use the money to buy land, expand, etc. I have a good amount of millions to invest, let me know if this is something you are interested in doing.

I also have a lot of available land in Anambra that will be idle forever, so if its something you can use let me know... I read the whole thread and im proud of what you are doing, I just don't have enough time to get into this business full time.

Good day Jjman. i will love to talk with you as i have something that may interest you. This is my personal email addy. tetemowi@hotmail.com
I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by olajire05: 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
Pls I have interest in the in it this is my email adesinahammed300@yahoo.com
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by idumuose(m): 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
cococandy:
the thing ehn? Very very limiting to our progress I tell you.
Dear,i made conscious efforts to free myself from superstitions.So many superstitions that you won't bellieve it's still with us in this modern times.

Some Apes and monkeys just ended somebody's business.It's funny but true.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by checkfidel: 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
I have been going through this informative and educative thread since yesterday and just finishes.
I just have to go back to page one to start afresh.
This is a 3 credit unit examination for me which I must pass.

Jasper thank you for bringing in this thread. Hope to be a part of the agric team soon.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Kalusam(m): 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sorry, I haven't been posting pictures of the Jasper 'chai thai' cucumbers I planted...I have not been in Lagos for sometimes now but I got report that they have 4 leafs now. Will post pictures as soon as I get them!

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Gidigidi3(m): 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
jjman2322:

When do you want to start the clustered farming operation?
Hello sir, am interested in leasing ur undeveloped lands in anambra for farming. I live at awka nd ready to start my poultry farm. The birds droppings will serve as manure for vegetable farming such as cucumber, it will be an integrated farming. Hoping to hear from you, 09099075424
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by barwaaqo: 6:49am On Jan 18, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

[size=18pt]Fvck off b.itch. animals have an equal right to Gods Earth. This is not humans private property.

Selfish bas.tart.

Go wallow in ur useless superstitions of worshiping dead jews.[/size]

Is this the same Pagan 9ja that made so many proud embarassed
https://www.nairaland.com/1541715/somali-religion-mythology/
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by world1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
Jasper is at it again setting up a cucunber farm in Igbeti.
check him out here.
https://www.nairaland.com/2099800/another-million-naira-cucumber-experience
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by farmerspolice: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
jasper7:
Well, I have been postponing this for a while, just because I dont believe in "internet farming". But I feel the need to encourage other Nigerian youths out there who want to venture into agribusiness. Came back to Nigeria after University studies to invest in my country, it has not been easy so far to farm in Nigeria. The challenges have been enormous but *in Lil Wayne's voice* "we doing aite".
If I start my story, the epistle will be too long, so... I'll just get straight to the point.

I am a vegetable farmer. And farm majorly cucumber. I am pro-organic farming (it's very expensive in Nigeria). I employ technologies from around the world (especially thailand) that suit our climate and culture. I've been into this for quite a while now.

Decided to upload pictures of how I plant and the agronomy I employ in my cucumber farming. To get more ideas from the pros here and to excite the intending farmers. Just follow up
If u are advertising anything on this section, u must be transparent. All we need is ur picture, pictures of ur products, or services & u on d field. Be informed that there are spies all around u confirming ur claims. If u fall into d fraudster category, u will be dealt with both online & offline.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
farmerspolice:
If u are advertising anything on this section, u must be transparent. All we need is ur picture, pictures of ur products, or services & u on d field. Be informed that there are spies all around u confirming ur claims. If u fall into d fraudster category, u will be dealt with both online & offline.
Oga, why are you spamming all my thread? are you trying to use me to gain cheap popularity? since 3 months this thread has been open you are just appearing now. I am beginning to suspect you.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by farmerspolice: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
jasper7:

Oga, why are you spamming all my thread? are you trying to use me to gain cheap popularity? since 3 months this thread has been open you are just appearing now. I am beginning to suspect you.
Mr jasper, keep to wat u are doing and don't interfere in what does not concern u. I av quoted so many farmers here already, what do u av up ur sleeves that is making u feel jittery? If u av nothing to hide then keep on keeping on, bt if yes, we will surely find u out.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.