Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238841 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by bamdexfarms(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2015
lagbaja:
Dear Jasper, I am so proud of what you are doing. You are an inspiration. I will make my contributions too. I was a cucumber grower too in the past. I stopped because of staff challenges. I will be restarting again, this time I will be doing cucumber and water melon. At my first trial, I did Drip irrigation, like you experienced, it was very challenging because staff just won't make it work. I had drip tapes for 5 hectares. Here are pictures of my nursery using cocopeat. What you have on the picture are 5 day old nursery.

Pls how and where can I get these nursery plastics? How much can I get them?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
lagbaja:
Hello Jasper, please can I have the ChaiThai agent's number, I need to buy more trays for my new plantations. I bought my last set from Ghana, getting it accross was too hectic
call me or send me your number. I don't want to post their number. I know seedling tray is available. call me on 08097273034 let me send you the number

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by psalm68(m): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
jasper7:

call me or send me your number. I don't want to post their number. I know seedling tray is available. call me on 08097273034 let me send you the number
jasper can i also call you cos i need the nursery tray and the seeds
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
psalm68:

jasper can i also call you cos i need the nursery tray and the seeds
you can call sir
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
pls, if you need chia thai seeds and you stay within the southwest. contact world1. I think he just got som kg's.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2015
idumuose:
See how superstition is killing africans.He ended up closing his farms because of medieval and stewpiid beliefs.See how Monkeys ended his illustrious carrier.Anyway, I am following this thread with keen interest bro.

[size=18pt]Fvck off b.itch. animals have an equal right to Gods Earth. This is not humans private property.

Selfish bas.tart.

Go wallow in ur useless superstitions of worshiping dead jews.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
Denn:

a licensed shot gun and 100 rounds will do the trick... decomposing bodies of monkeys is better than chicken manure IMHO

You are mad. I should do the same of i see u trespassing on my property.

Filthy bas.tard.

Savage uncivilized mentality.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by haftob(m): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mod, dis is nt supposed to be on the front page, it is meant for just few ppl who deem it fit to search for fantastic tinz lyk dis and make use of it. Some politics ppl will turn dis place into buhari and jonathan battle now.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
haftob:
Mod, dis is nt supposed to be on the front page, it is meant for just few ppl who deem it fit to search for fantastic tinz lyk dis and make use of it. Some politics ppl will turn dis place into buhari and jonathan battle now.
God bless you for this sir. A million likes to you

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by usibengate(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
Copy Bro!
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by cococandy(f): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
jasper7:

My oga I greet you. Good to have you here. Am not sure I'll have time for physical consultation. If I leave my farm for 2days, those workers will turn it to wildlife cheesy
grin grin grin

Funny guy.
Awesome thread anyway. You will go places

4 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sCun: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
jasper7:
Another experience is with fulani cattle rearers who just decided to let their cattle feed on one innocent farmer's plot. sad I used to consult for the farmer and there was no just way to control those cattle so she had to shut down her little source of income sad . So... If you have goats and cattle parading your farmland and it's not fenced, cucumber is not just for you
I was enjoying the thread until I got to this part, it just spoilt my mood. What are we going to do about these Fulani cattle rearers for God's sake?
Does it mean that we will start having regular clashes with them like the middle belt when we (South east) go back fully into agriculture?
What is the solution?

3 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by obanqua(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
Wow!
Keep it up bro.

Please I am interested, where do I start from?
details to obanqua@hotmail.com

Thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Curiouscity(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
haftob:

I seriously agree with you. Based on what has happened to few Agric threads on FP, I think Agric and other techinical threads have to be kept in their sections.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by omicron(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
The first useful post of the year. Thanks OP
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
idumuose:
See how superstition is killing africans.He ended up closing his farms because of medieval and stewpiid beliefs.See how Monkeys ended his illustrious carrier.Anyway, I am following this thread with keen interest bro.
the thing ehn? Very very limiting to our progress I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by That9jaVine(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Wow..
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by cococandy(f): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Denn:

a licensed shot gun and 100 rounds will do the trick... decomposing bodies of monkeys is better than chicken manure IMHO
grin
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by nelmanco(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mr jasper plzzz I've been follwing u right from d onset...am a final year student of unilag nd am really really intrested in farming...plzz include me I am intrested...
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by maimsy(f): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Quite intresting piece. Jasper7 I am really interested. I do moringa, would want to try out cucumber as well. Pls let's have ur contact.
My email: maims2008@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jjman2322: 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hey Jasper,

Are you looking for investors? I already have a good business (pharmaceutical manufacturing, and we employ over 300 people).

I would like somewhere to put some of my money into, for a small return.

Maybe you could use the money to buy land, expand, etc. I have a good amount of millions to invest, let me know if this is something you are interested in doing.

I also have a lot of available land in Anambra that will be idle forever, so if its something you can use let me know... I read the whole thread and im proud of what you are doing, I just don't have enough time to get into this business full time.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
cococandy:
grin grin grin

Funny guy.
Awesome thread anyway. You will go places
Thanks mama cheesy

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
jjman2322:
Hey Jasper,

Are you looking for investors? I already have a good business (pharmaceutical manufacturing, and we employ over 300 people).

Maybe you could use the money to buy land, expand, etc. I have a good amount of millions to invest, let me know if this is something you are interested in doing.

I also have a lot of available land in Anambra that will be idle forever, so if its something you can use let me know... I read the whole thread and im proud of what you are doing, I just don't have enough time to get into this business full time.
Thanks sir. Am not particularly searching for investors. but I am currently training some farmers. if you invest in them, I guarantee 100% return on investment in 1year... and you would have been able to serve humanity that way. and set up some people.

5 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by JayJustus(m): 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
I'm watching this space closely! our lands are wasting...
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jjman2322: 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
jasper7:

Thanks sir. Am not particularly searching for investors. but I am currently training some farmers. if you invest in them, I guarantee 100% return on investment in 1year... and you would have been able to serve humanity that way. and set up some people.

When do you want to start the clustered farming operation?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by wealth2al(m): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
AGRIC BUSINESS IS THE NEXT BIG BOOM FOR NIGERIANS,

OIL CAN PERISH IF IT WANT TO

LOLS
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
jjman2322:

How would you be able to vouch for the farmers? If it sounds reasonably safe i'll be able to invest no problem. Money sitting in my account doesnt do anything
good question. I am developing a farm estate. so... they produce and my people will market it. It's more of a cluster farming arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Abduletudaye(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
jjman2322:
Hey Jasper,

Oga sir, I studied Microbiology in school...I would like to work in your firm..my CV is available on request.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Vaco: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
jasper7:
Well, I have been postponing this for a while, just because I dont believe in "internet farming". But I feel the need to encourage other Nigerian youths out there who want to venture into agribusiness. Came back to Nigeria after University studies to invest in my country, it has not been easy so far to farm in Nigeria. The challenges have been enormous but *in Lil Wayne's voice* "we doing aite".
If I start my story, the epistle will be too long, so... I'll just get straight to the point.

I am a vegetable farmer. And farm majorly cucumber. I am pro-organic farming (it's very expensive in Nigeria). I employ technologies from around the world (especially thailand) that suit our climate and culture. I've been into this for quite a while now.

Decided to upload pictures of how I plant and the agronomy I employ in my cucumber farming. To get more ideas from the pros here and to excite the intending farmers. Just follow up

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
p.enis farm

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.