Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Have I Lost Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have I Lost Him? (4463 Views)

Advice- “I Allowed My Best Friend Have Sex With My Wife, Have I Made A Mistake?” / He Approached Me-i Was Fronting = I Lost Him :( / I Lost Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Lost Him? by ClumsyPsychiq: 11:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
There are alot of things in my past I regret today because of the pain and loss they've caused me but since its my past and there's nothing I can do to change it,I just lived with the regrets and wished I'd done things differently. I asked God to forgive me for my past mistakes and I believe he has,because I felt a reassuring peace I never had before,when I was lost in the world.
I met this really nice guy,we've been dating for over six months. He's a serious-minded person and he's responsible too. He made his intentions clear from the start,he's interested in me for marriage. I've met his parents and his mom really likes me,plus the entire family has been nice to me... Right from the start,he always asked me about my life,my past,any major things I need to tell him about myself...whenever the topic came up,I never had the courage to say anything,I'd just reassure him there's nothing. Himself,he's 'perfect',brought up in a spiritually-active home,he's God-fearing,humble 'n morally upright(sex is not a priority for him)... Some weeks ago,something reminded me of my past in a very disturbing way,I was restless,I lost my appetite,I was depressed. I decided to pray to God again for purification of my sins,this time I prayed vehemently,then the Holy spirit made me realise that I had not been completely honest with my bf,that he needed to know. This made me more ill at ease because he is currently out of town. I thought about it for a long time,finally I called him and told him I'd something to tell him that couldn't wait,I told him I'd had affairs with married men in my past,I explained it was in the past and I would never think of doing such ever in my life again. He asked if they were more than one,I agreed,there were two of them,he said we would talk about it later and ended d call.
I sent him a mail,explaining and apologising,afterwards I called again and he was pissed that I was apologising to him after the harm I'd caused other people,families... Since then,he has been very cold,he never calls,I call all the time,he picks when he wants to,gives me one-word replies and ends the calls even though I was d one who called. We had a long discussion after my confession and his conclusion was that he had not made a decision about our relationship yet,that somethings are beyond him,what I understand by this is that he's seeking God's face about the situation,if to continue or end the relationship. I love him so much and he loves me too or loved me before this whole thing came up. Now my mind keeps telling me that even if he decides to continue the relationship,he will resent me and I'll just end up having an unhappy married life because he'll keep seeing the wh*re I "was". Considering the kind of dreams/visions he has(ministering God's word),he won't see me as d perfect person to help him fulfil those dreams and he may end up living an unfulfilled life if he decides we go on with the relationship and get married afterwards... Its been very difficult for me and I believe for him too. Here is where I need your advice,should I encourage him to end the relationship so we go our separate ways? Besides his seeking God's counsel,I believe he's finding it difficult to come to a decision because he would be thinking about his family/friends,how to break the news to them and what to tell the is the reason for our break-up. My encouraging him won't ease all the inconveniences but what do you think?
Thank you for ur helpful contributions
Re: Have I Lost Him? by iceberylin(m): 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
People still dh practise this kind boring relationship undecided

7 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Fabdedon(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
i feel the pains ur passing tru....
Talk to him.. Get the chance to meet him not phone calls... Maybe dats where d mistake started... Meet him physically..talk to him..
Try explain to him that due to u have changed frm ur ways n wouldnt want anytin to appen to d relationship in future dats why ur telling him...
U said ur close to d Family.. Look for who he understands better and try confide in d person to try explain better ...its goona be hard but dats a clue..
Just try make him calm down and understand you.. Since its a six month relationship..u guys could have learnt to understand you self...
Wish you luck in Advance

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Him? by eunisam: 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
patially.
Re: Have I Lost Him? by Fabdedon(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
iceberylin:
is dis d new style of spacebooking?
Re: Have I Lost Him? by iceberylin(m): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
Fabdedon:
is dis d new style of spacebooking?
Common sense embarassed
Re: Have I Lost Him? by ClumsyPsychiq: 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
iceberylin:
Try not to involve holy spirit for this matter angry
I'm not being a hypocrite,I'm no longer the person I used to be. I now know better.

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Him? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2014
May be

Ma read the epistle first
Re: Have I Lost Him? by priscillawill(m): 11:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
ClumsyPsychiq:
There are alot of things in my past I regret today because of the pain and loss they've caused me but since its my past and there's nothing I can do to change it,I just lived with the regrets and wished I'd done things differently. I asked God to forgive me for my past mistakes and I believe he has,because I felt a reassuring peace I never had before,when I was lost in the world.
I met this really nice guy,we've been dating for over six months. He's a serious-minded person and he's responsible too. He made his intentions clear from the start,he's interested in me for marriage. I've met his parents and his mom really likes me,plus the entire family has been nice to me... Right from the start,he always asked me about my life,my past,any major things I need to tell him about myself...whenever the topic came up,I never had the courage to say anything,I'd just reassure him there's nothing. Himself,he's 'perfect',brought up in a spiritually-active home,he's God-fearing,humble 'n morally upright(sex is not a priority for him)... Some weeks ago,something reminded me of my past in a very disturbing way,I was restless,I lost my appetite,I was depressed. I decided to pray to God again for purification of my sins,this time I prayed vehemently,then the Holy spirit made me realise that I had not been completely honest with my bf,that he needed to know. This made me more ill at ease because he is currently out of town. I thought about it for a long time,finally I called him and told him I'd something to tell him that couldn't wait,I told him I'd had affairs with married men in my past,I explained it was in the past and I would never think of doing such ever in my life again. He asked if they were more than one,I agreed,there were two of them,he said we would talk about it later and ended d call.
I sent him a mail,explaining and apologising,afterwards I called again and he was pissed that I was apologising to him after the harm I'd caused other people,families... Since then,he has been very cold,he never calls,I call all the time,he picks when he wants to,gives me one-word replies and ends the calls even though I was d one who called. We had a long discussion after my confession and his conclusion was that he had not made a decision about our relationship yet,that somethings are beyond him,what I understand by this is that he's seeking God's face about the situation,if to continue or end the relationship. I love him so much and he loves me too or loved me before this whole thing came up. Now my mind keeps telling me that even if he decides to continue the relationship,he will resent me and I'll just end up having an unhappy married life because he'll keep seeing the wh*re I "was". Considering the kind of dreams/visions he has(ministering God's word),he won't see me as d perfect person to help him fulfil those dreams and he may end up living an unfulfilled life if he decides we go on with the relationship and get married afterwards... Its been very difficult for me and I believe for him too. Here is where I need your advice,should I encourage him to end the relationship so we go our separate ways? Besides his seeking God's counsel,I believe he's finding it difficult to come to a decision because he would be thinking about his family/friends,how to break the news to them and what to tell the is the reason for our break-up. My encouraging him won't ease all the inconveniences but what do you think?
Thank you for ur helpful contributions
hmm.. Wait let me check how tins are don in cape coast
Re: Have I Lost Him? by mesoade(m): 11:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
There's nothing to be worried about the holy spirit told you to be honest and you were honest . . He's the God-fearing type,if he prays the holy spirit will surely direct him to you . . But if that doesn't happen,then you were never meant to be married . .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Lost Him? by ClumsyPsychiq: 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
Fabdedon:
i feel the pains ur passing tru....
Talk to him.. Get the chance to meet him not phone calls... Maybe dats where d mistake started... Meet him physically..talk to him..
Try explain to him that due to u have changed frm ur ways n wouldnt want anytin to appen to d relationship in future dats why ur telling him...
U said ur close to d Family.. Look for who he understands better and try confide in d person to try explain better ...its goona be hard but dats a clue..
Just try make him calm down and understand you.. Since its a six month relationship..u guys could have learnt to understand you self...
Wish you luck in Advance
Thank you very much for not making me feel worse. My problem when relationships become long-distance is that I'm still very dependent and can't go off to visit someone out of town. You may ask how I managed d 'dirty' relationship in d past,I was in school then,I soo regret all that... I'm thru with sch nw... Ha! Confiding in someone is not an option especially not a member of the family,they're so pious and religious,I think it'd b d easiest way to end the relationship.. Yea,we do understand each other,I told him this for trust reasons but its almost costing me 'him'. I appreciate ur counsel,thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have I Lost Him? by ClumsyPsychiq: 11:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
mesoade:
There's nothing to be worried about the holy spirit told you to be honest and you were honest . . He's the God-fearing type,if he prays the holy spirit will surely direct him to you . . But if that doesn't happen,then you were never meant to be married . .
Thank you very much. I hope we are meant to be,I really love him. He's been a great encouragement to me,he literally held me by the hand and led me to God. I knew God but from a distance,he brought me closer,built my faith and spiritual sensitivity. I appreciate your words,they mean so much to me. Thank u

7 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Fabdedon(m): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
@ClumsyPsychiq
Like mesoade said too since the Holy spirit directed you to tell himm just pray and dont panic..

I think his aware of what his doing his taking time to consider things... If not he could have informed his family about you since you are close to the Family...

Just pray about the situation and still show him and give him reasons you have changed....His a gentle man he will surely understand..it might even give him reasons to trust you in the future

2 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Rapsainot(m): 11:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
What more can we say...... God told you this God told you that.... please the question is meant for the gods ma'am

3 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Him? by ClumsyPsychiq: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
Fabdedon:
@ClumsyPsychiq
Like mesoade said too since the Holy spirit directed you to tell himm just pray and dont panic..

I think his aware of what his doing his taking time to consider things... If not he could have informed his family about you since you are close to the Family...

Just pray about the situation and still show him and give him reasons you have changed....His a gentle man he will surely understand..it might even give him reasons to trust you in the future
Thank you very much Fabdedon,you all have no idea how much your words mean to me. I really hope he can trust me,trust matters alot. Sure,I'll keep praying. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
iceberylin:
guy must you comment? Try to know when someone is serious. @OP give him time to think things through. dont advice him to end the relationship. And be prayerful

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Him? by tosyne2much(m): 12:02am On Nov 26, 2014
One thing I know is, if the truth will jeopardize your relationship pls always say it just to know who truly will stay.. Sometimes the reason why a lady has to tell her partner about our past is not only to clear all guilty conscience but to enable her know if the dude will stay or not (tho there's a limit to the past every man can take)

If he insists he wants to hear from the Holy spirit b4 taking an further step, then relax your mind and wait while it lasts

My advice
My dear, at this point, I think you have to be very careful of the man you call your fiance.. You told him your past and he's now drifting away making you regret your deeds.. It's now that you finally told him your past that he knows he wants to consult the Holy spirit.. So the Holy spirit never needed consultation when you haven't told him ur past abi ? **smh**

I think this should have given you an insight and foresight of the kind of person you want to marry

3 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Him? by tosyne2much(m): 12:03am On Nov 26, 2014
iceberylin:

This is what I always complain about you

Is it a must you comment on every thread if you have nothing useful to say ?

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Fabdedon(m): 12:10am On Nov 26, 2014
tosyne2much:

This is what I always complain about you

Is it a must you comment on every thread if you have nothing useful to say ?
his the care taker of Nairaland grin
Re: Have I Lost Him? by bjayx: 12:18am On Nov 26, 2014
Six months is too early to av told him dat, wisdom is profitable to direct. If d holy spirit told u to say, u should av asked how to present it. Anyway, watever outcome is d best for U. Trust God!
Re: Have I Lost Him? by brainzdh(m): 12:30am On Nov 26, 2014
Give him time to heal, it's only natural for him to act way. I'm sure u weren't expecting a thumbs up after ur revelation; he seem to be a 'nice guy' like u've described.

Let him know you had to get it off your chest so that it won't affect ur rship wit him. Though you have to earn his trust, and hope he'll forgive u.
Re: Have I Lost Him? by ronald4lif(m): 12:58am On Nov 26, 2014
I am trying too hard in restraining myself not to use foul words on you and I hope I achieve this. Without mincing words you destroy your relationship, you unbeknown or ignorantly drove your man away and shut the door on him. I mean who tell their potential spouse such things about their past? Everyone has that thing that we may never want our prince/princess charming to know about us. It was completely irrelevant to tell, there was no pressure whatsoever to do so. I mean men marry non-virgins everyday and never cared who and who they had f*cked, if the brides keeps telling their suitors who they had f*cked many weddings will be called off. Its nothing to do with you f*cking married men, his reaction would have been same even if you had told him there were your fellow students you flirted with. Men knows chances are high that their women may have had a dirty past but would rather not hear about it, once they know it never gets off their mind especially when making love to her. My advice to you is not to bother him, whichever decision he takes is what you deserve. But just so you know be ready to always have him rub it on your face the rest of your life at any given little misunderstanding, that's if he goes ahead with the wedding plans. I am sorry no sympathy for you. An igbo adage says ife onye ara melu onwe ya kariri ife omelu ummune ya which translates as what a mad fellow does to himself its worst than whatever he does (shame wise) to his relatives. I am not in any way referring to you as being mad but your actions was a mad stuff. All the best anyways!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have I Lost Him? by rago(m): 1:14am On Nov 26, 2014
ronald4lif:
I am trying too hard in restraining myself not to use foul words on you and I hope I achieve this. Without mincing words you destroy your relationship, you unbeknown or ignorantly drove your man away and shut the door on him. I mean who tell their potential spouse such things about their past? Everyone has that thing that we may never want our prince/princess charming to know about us. It was completely irrelevant to tell, there was no pressure whatsoever to do so. I mean men marry non-virgins everyday and never cared who and who they had f*cked, if the brides keeps telling their suitors who they had f*cked many weddings will be called off. Its nothing to do with you f*cking married men, his reaction would have been same even if you had told him there were your fellow students you flirted with. Men knows chances are high that their women may have had a dirty past but would rather not hear about it, once they know it never gets off their mind especially when making love to her. My advice to you is not to bother him, whichever decision he takes is what you deserve. But just so you know be ready to always have him rub it on your face the rest of your life at any given little misunderstanding, that's if he goes ahead with the wedding plans. I am sorry no sympathy for you. An igbo adage says ife onye ara melu onwe ya kariri ife omelu ummune ya which translates as what a mad fellow does to himself its worst than whatever he does (shame wise) to his relatives. I am not in any way referring to you as being mad but your actions was a mad stuff. All the best anyways!

tough guy
Re: Have I Lost Him? by ERCROSS(m): 1:44am On Nov 26, 2014
D mistake u made is not telling him about ur past...

D mistake u made was discussing issues as sensitive as that on an electronic messenger...
Issues like that r not to be discussed ova d phone ..

To correct ur mistake... without prior information , go to where he is to explain why u did what u v done..
(oju koro ki npa oju koro je)
Re: Have I Lost Him? by hollandis(f): 2:05am On Nov 26, 2014
Every guy always ask for your past,if he cannot handle it,he should go and die.Is he a virgin? Ask him why he has screwed girls in the past.
Infact you are too good for my liking .gerrout

2 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Him? by prettyjo(f): 2:17am On Nov 26, 2014
learn to live with whatever decision he makes.And besides never beg a man to love or date you.the one who will accept your past is on the way.cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 26, 2014
I want u to know u did d right thing. Whatever comes out of it, ur conscience is clear. If he really can't handle what u told him, it means he doesn't love u dt much. This is what love is. Choosing to stay with someone irrespective of their ugly past/shortcomings.

Just continue to pray abt it, u could meet up with him and clarify things to him but don't beg him to accept u.

If he can't stand dz litmus test for love, let it slide.

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Applaner: 5:14am On Nov 26, 2014
op, DAT young boy is a Virgin and wants to marry a virgin.

2) he is angry DAT u didn't tell him wen he asked u.
it look as if u just committed de acts .
Re: Have I Lost Him? by nobilis: 5:38am On Nov 26, 2014
OP, your first mistake was telling him such a thing over the phone. But the deed has been done.

All you need to do now is to give him space. Lots of space. Forget about holy spirit said this; holy spirit said that. You made a shocking confession. So allow him time to digest all the information and make his decision. Continuing to call him and try to talk to him and apologise will only make him resent you the more and increase his latent arrogance. As difficult as it might be, let him be.

Send him a text message explaining that you understand how disappointed he might be in you. Tell him that you have truly repented of such behaviors and that it is all in the past. Also let him understand that you will gladly wait for him to make a decision, call you up and tell you what his decision is. After u send him this text, don't bother calling him again no matter how strong the temptation is. Just let him be.

And then move on with your life. Realise within you and come to terms with the fact that it is a possibility that he might not come back to you. But continue your life. Build yourself up psychologically and emotionally.

If he truly loves you, he must surely come back to you, no matter what his vocational and ministerial dreams might be. If he cannot forgive you for your past misdeeds, then he isn't qualified to be your boyfriend, not to talk of being your husband.

4 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Him? by englishmart(m): 6:04am On Nov 26, 2014
op. Your answer(s) lie(s) here

http://google.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Lost Him? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 26, 2014
nobilis:
OP, your first mistake was telling him such a thing over the phone. But the deed has been done.

All you need to do now is to give him space. Lots of space. Forget about holy spirit said this; holy spirit said that. You made a shocking confession. So allow him time to digest all the information and make his decision. Continuing to call him and try to talk to him and apologise will only make him resent you the more and increase his latent arrogance. As difficult as it might be, let him be.

Send him a text message explaining that you understand how disappointed he might be in you. Tell him that you have truly repented of such behaviors and that it is all in the past. Also let him understand that you will gladly wait for him to make a decision, call you up and tell you what his decision is. After u send him this text, don't bother calling him again no matter how strong the temptation is. Just let him be.

And then move on with your life. Realise within you and come to terms with the fact that it is a possibility that he might not come back to you. But continue your life. Build yourself up psychologically and emotionally.

If he truly loves you, he must surely come back to you, no matter what his vocational and ministerial dreams might be. If he cannot forgive you for your past misdeeds, then he isn't qualified to be your boyfriend, not to talk of being your husband.
What do u mean 4gt d holy spirit said dx;holy spirit said dt?
Some people sha undecided sad
Re: Have I Lost Him? by cbliss(m): 7:13am On Nov 26, 2014
U f**k'd married men in the past and now u want pity or what ?...hoes be running to God after breaking homes and wanting God to make things disappear !...and one stewpid hoe saying u too good for her liking dafuk is dat ?...hey God has 4given u but this particular bloke is too good 4u cos wat u deserve is a nigga whose gonna keep bashing ur face in marraige....so pls end it and go look for ur kind who also screwd married women and dnt come mess up dis man's life wif ur filthy baggage

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Crazy Encounter The Day I Met My Husband / See What Dis Woman Did To Stop Her Husband From Smoking / Very Slim Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.