Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn (48422 Views)

Environment Ministry Terminates N9.2bn Clean Cook Stove Contract / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Fg To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2mn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by cococandy(f): 2:49am On Nov 27, 2014
Not a nice move

3 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 27, 2014
Ovamboland:
Countless stove and efficient cooking methods has been prototype by numerous indigenous companies, Addis Engineering, Techo-Quip, Advance -Tech and countless Nigerian fabricators and so many similar projects in polytechnics and universities.
Yet this clueless government will splash 9bn Naira to enrich the South African economy and leave our own designers, fabicators, and craftmen unappreciated.
What is in a stove? you can call a design contest by giving out specifications e.g design a stove that will use 50% less fuel ans produce 40% more heat and give out 95% less smoke. Same way US government will give specifications to it's defense contractors like produce fither planes that can active 100,000 Ft ceiling, top speed of mach 5 and range of 3000 miles while consuming 30% less fuel.

We know it is campaign material for PDP paid for by the FG, but is it too much to make it count? Call like 10 fabricator firms, attach a proffessor and researchers to each firm, give them matching grant of like 10 million naira, and 6 months time and see the wonder that will be produced plus the knowledge and know-how that will be resident in-country. The best 1 or 2 designs will then be standard specification to be masses produced by fabricators all over the country.That knowledge spurned by foresight will be available to develop other simple devices.
We keep displaying the fact that we are clueless people and are not hungry for development. I am sure even Ghana or Benin Republic will not throw away it's money like that.

Then 18000 wonder bags?! are we real ?

Lmao @ are we real? grin cheesy cheesy
Don't I just love this country? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by adozie(m): 3:05am On Nov 27, 2014
Nigerian government clearly doesn't know what to do with money. What is this trash? How will this affect the common man? How is this sustainable
We have gas right?...being flared and wasted every day.
Why can't government invest in efficient use of gas in Nigeria.
I bet if they set up a national competition for engineering students with just N1 million prize money to come up with a more efficient way to use gas in Nigeria for cooking, am sure you will be surprised by the outcome.
Despite the dwindling crude oil income, this government is still wasting money on stupidity. Who is advising these people?
Oh well, it's just another way to steal money ; after all "stealing is not corruption" - GEJ 2014!. Shame on all of us the citizens of this country to watch these looters destroy our future

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by symbian03(m): 3:28am On Nov 27, 2014
Oh wow! interesting... Hope it can cook stones undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ckmayoca: 3:33am On Nov 27, 2014
Scope for embezzlement. If u share stove to rural women who can't even afford kerosine in first place, will FG be giving them kerosine to power it with? Since kerosine costs more than pertrol.? This is full of bunch of idiot who can't oppose this guys government.

14 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by symbian03(m): 3:35am On Nov 27, 2014
Elcemento:
The headline is misleading. angry angry Nice one from the Govt.

Which headline is misleading? buying cooking stoves for people who can hardly afford to buy Garri? them go dey boil water drink abi? make you reason abeg.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by moonraker(m): 3:39am On Nov 27, 2014
Lads, here is the deal..... Why do we have to buy from a South African? are you now telling me that the Government cant do R&grin

and develop it own products, thereby keeping the money circulating in Nigeria??

This is just sad. Simple basic things, you cant develop, you prefer to spend hugh amounts of cash on that??

See the airport they said they renovated recently, the washrooms are in shambles. How much did they say they spent on that project again?

billions of naira.

14 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by segzicres(m): 3:41am On Nov 27, 2014
it isn't rocket science that gej is incompetent and doesn't think straight. *sigh *

20 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by symbian03(m): 3:42am On Nov 27, 2014
jamace:
Haba OP, your choice of topic has anti-Govt tone. Maybe you think stove na stove after all. grin But know that this stove is a special one, highly environmental friendly.

That was so unintelligent.

Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by patostation(m): 3:48am On Nov 27, 2014
The "law" is an asss. The government is dumb. GEJ is clueless. The ruling class has no idea. The experts have failed. The co-ordinating minister of the economy is unco-ordinated. The Senior Special Advisers advice woefully and badly. So there are no surprises for me.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by bigtt76(f): 3:53am On Nov 27, 2014
Na so dem take start the austerity measures naa grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by judedwriter(m): 3:54am On Nov 27, 2014
2 much money, dem just don't know how to spend it cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by lacasa: 3:57am On Nov 27, 2014
Wat an idiotic set of people!

This charade of a govt administration will end soon sha

GMB to bbring back common sense to Nigerian govt

10 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ceebo1420(m): 4:04am On Nov 27, 2014
Stove ke

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Stylz69(m): 4:05am On Nov 27, 2014
... and add to that, Kakatar CE was formerly called Mangrovetech and Mangrovetech belongs to lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by tunshe: 4:06am On Nov 27, 2014
Summary

GEJ......All ministers should go out to bring projects that seems beneficial to gullible Nigerians to enable us get d cuts required for campaign 2015.

Okupe...Sir I have an idea

GEJ......You always have an idea, hope it won't put me to trouble. This project is for ministers!

Okupe...This one is like an octopus with benefits

GEJ. .....I'm listening

Okupe. ..1. We put the hausas in charge and Look look VP Sambo so that it looks they initiated it. benefit - We please the Northerners and buy votes from them against Buhari.
2. We import from Stoves from SA
Benefit - We compensate their economy for returning our illegal funds and covering our mess.
3. We distribute the stoves to the locals
Benefit - They see it as a sign of more good things to come if they vote for you in 2015 since Stomach infrastructure is our unique selling point.
4. We spend 20% and keep 80% to buy our opponents.
Benefit - You will win 2015

GEJ. ....APPROVED!!!

PEJ......Our investmentation ontop of Okupe is production result o. grin There is........

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by jeflexy(m): 4:15am On Nov 27, 2014
I'll comment when i have free mb
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by lonelydora: 4:18am On Nov 27, 2014
SMH for Nigeria. I no follow you on this one.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by frankcimc(m): 4:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Wonderful:
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Emmalot121(m): 4:21am On Nov 27, 2014
Okay
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by sunnshyn(f): 4:28am On Nov 27, 2014
I totally understand the motive behind this....

Truth be told, I can manufacture a close alternative to this...very simple and easy process. All we need is majorly ethanol and some additives.. I was opportuned to work and is still friends with another CEO who manufactures this cooking gel plus stove in SA.

It was part of my Youwin application, for some reasons I didn't understand why my idea wasn't chosen, but now I understand...9billion to SA?? For real? For what? How much does the stove and gel cost?

From research I know for a fact that we have other indigenous companies who makes these things, the stove itself isn't even rocket science to manufacture. Any good fabricator can do these things competently, trust my Aba brothers... I'm kinda disappointed sha..

Another thing is - our research team are great. Nigeria have very good researcher in diaspora. Go to any school in SA and u'll find teams of Nigerian researchers. From engineering to food science and all...but these people aren't motivated enough, they do their researches depending on yearly stipends(bursary) from their host schools and that's where it ends. None bring what they found or improved on back home. Why? Mentality. FG won't even take them seriously...smh! I'm upset.

Nigerians and its government always thinking stuffs outside Nigeria is superior...

It's only Nigeria that I knw so far that wouldn't support their own stuffs...Remember there's 24hrs electricity in most part of South Africa, yet people tried to develop ways to have clean cooking methods..imagine if electricity was epileptic like it is in Nigeria?? I'm sure South Africans would have developed ways to create their own electricity using different methods, and I'm not referring to importing generators please, yet their government supports them.

We all can do it...most times the solutions to our problems are in our pockets...we tend to look too far...too far

Why didn't I go ahead to start my own cooking gel one may ask....You probably will keep asking for a life time..

9billion naira? Someone help me convert to rands please...smh!! It is well...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by BruzMoney(m): 4:32am On Nov 27, 2014
johnmartus:
Hey look at how this useless man lavish our money the stove that will not well distributed. I also perceive that jonathan want to use that opportunity to win the heart of innocet people in the rural area because of 2015 general election [b][/b]you will see jonathan image in that stove

Weldone! U no go kill us with grammar
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by koikoi2(m): 4:33am On Nov 27, 2014
How clean is d clean cooking stove?

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by cbrass(m): 4:40am On Nov 27, 2014
Is this deliberate wickedness by jonathan's administration to run this economy down before handling over in 2015?? This is just a total waste

4 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Lexusgs430: 4:45am On Nov 27, 2014
Words just fail me !!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Why are they wasting money like that?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by mizjules(f): 4:47am On Nov 27, 2014
One thing I hate this country, hard Working nigerians/students will come up with something very creative n easy for the masses to use, but the government will just sweep it off, but once its from "abroad", our govt/people will rush to embrace it. We always want to show how rich we are outside,when we are the total opposite inside..smh I'm sure the americans and some others won't patronize that!
You want to help those in rural areas? Give them clean water,good roads, hospitals,schools,light etc n see if they won't be happy. The govt always using inside their nose to think!

12 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by moonraker(m): 4:53am On Nov 27, 2014
tunshe:
Summary

GEJ......All ministers should go out to bring projects that seems beneficial to gullible Nigerians to enable us get d cuts required for campaign 2015.

Okupe...Sir I have an idea

GEJ......You always have an idea, hope it won't put me to trouble. This project is for ministers!

Okupe...This one is like an octopus with benefits

GEJ. .....I'm listening

Okupe. ..1. We put the hausas in charge and Look look VP Sambo so that it looks they initiated it. benefit - We please the Northerners and buy votes from them against Buhari.
2. We import from Stoves from SA
Benefit - We compensate their economy for returning our illegal funds and covering our mess.
3. We distribute the stoves to the locals
Benefit - They see it as a sign of more good things to come if they vote for you in 2015 since Stomach infrastructure is our unique selling point.
4. We spend 20% and keep 80% to buy our opponents.
Benefit - You will win 2015

GEJ. ....APPROVED!!!

PEJ......Our investmentation ontop of Okupe is production result o. grin There is........

This!!!!

Lol i give up cheesy

The kind of prayers that Nigerians and Nigeria at large need errr, choooooi, not even T.D Jakes can provide such.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:56am On Nov 27, 2014
Is this part of stomach infrastructure?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by edo3(m): 4:58am On Nov 27, 2014
BRAV0O:
Yeh! Aye mi o. / shocked \ wetin mama pees wan cook this tym

grin
She wan cook violence.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by onadana: 4:59am On Nov 27, 2014
undecidedThese criminals have started assaulting my mentality again.They have started with sharing money again ooooo...what is wrong with us Abeg so cooking stove that I know Abarians can fabricate...is that the most pressing issue abeg.May the generation of every self made polithiefian be miserable.Those sharing our money Kai.. Allah...God...Oghene...Chineke...may they never know peace grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Rivers Women Met With Rimamde Shawulu-Kwewum (Pics) / BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States / See Massive Crowd That Welcomed Kwankwaso In Dala Local Government In Kano. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.