Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn (48418 Views)

Environment Ministry Terminates N9.2bn Clean Cook Stove Contract / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Fg To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2mn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by dannjo(m): 9:29am On Nov 27, 2014
Onegai:

The number of people to be hired to assemble this cannot be more than 300. Because they're no fabricating, they're joining already-made parts.

6 years ago, I saw at Trade Fair in Lagos and read several proposal submitted to Govt about BRICKETS, a clean fuel material made from sawdust and waste materials readily and freely available in Nigeria. These brickets burned cleaner than coal. These proposals and demos were all done by Nigerian lecturers (Uniben and some Polytechnics if I recall). If the govt had given them grants, we would need to hire scavengers at all our refuse dumps in 36 states (so let's say 100 per state). Then hire people to set up companies to collect sawdust from every logging facility in the SW (let's saw 10 people get the contract, they will use the model of PSP and hire 10 people minimum per PSP,) that's a 100 people. Then people to work in the Bricket manufacturing facility, another 100-150, minus the skilled technicians and mangers supervising them (50). So that's 400 people and they would still be unable to make enough for the country, so we would have Bricket-producing facilities in each state. Oh, I forgot, we need distributors and marketeers for selling the end-product.

Import= 300 people hired (a generous estimate)

Locally-sourced and made = minimum 600-1000 people in a manufacturing industry and we have not even thought of EXPORTING our clean-burning Bricket to nations like Gambia, Sierra Leone and countries where International Bodies are willing to pay and subsidise stuff for them (because their economy is so poor). Lord knows how much money Nigeria would have made.

I'm glad you've taken the time to read how your govt keeps making you poorer with your ignorance as an aid. Don't thank me, you're welcome smiley

Thumb up to you man for this wonderful response to the above post....I am amazed why some people don't think critically before saying or writing on issue that affect Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Onyenna(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2014
Ovamboland:
Countless stove and efficient cooking methods has been prototype by numerous indigenous companies, Addis Engineering, Techo-Quip, Advance -Tech and countless Nigerian fabricators and so many similar projects in polytechnics and universities.
Yet this clueless government will splash 9bn Naira to enrich the South African economy and leave our own designers, fabicators, and craftmen unappreciated.
What is in a stove? you can call a design contest by giving out specifications e.g design a stove that will use 50% less fuel ans produce 40% more heat and give out 95% less smoke. Same way US government will give specifications to it's defense contractors like produce fither planes that can active 100,000 Ft ceiling, top speed of mach 5 and range of 3000 miles while consuming 30% less fuel.

We know it is campaign material for PDP paid for by the FG, but is it too much to make it count? Call like 10 fabricator firms, attach a proffessor and researchers to each firm, give them matching grant of like 10 million naira, and 6 months time and see the wonder that will be produced plus the knowledge and know-how that will be resident in-country. The best 1 or 2 designs will then be standard specification to be masses produced by fabricators all over the country.That knowledge spurned by foresight will be available to develop other simple devices.
We keep displaying the fact that we are clueless people and are not hungry for development. I am sure even Ghana or Benin Republic will not throw away it's money like that.

Then 18000 wonder bags?! are we real ?

i swear if you come out for 2015 Presidential election, i will vote you!!!......and if you decide to spend 5-terms in office, i'll most definitely vote you in!!!.....
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Rexyl(m): 9:37am On Nov 27, 2014
aceTS:
from my facebook:
Olutosin Oladosu AdebowaleHave you read that the government of Nigeria wants to buy this cooking bag from South Africa Please share this picture all over Nigeria until it reaches the appropriate authority. TTTTT Cooking bag is MADE in Festac Town, transformation Center!!!!! Patronize locally made goods. Empower Ibasa riverside women

yeah made in Nigeria is a must, now that Naira has collided with economic rock, and falling to a pit our brilliant engineers must be quick to design the stoves and make that huge investment flow within the country for wealth creation and poverty alleviation among Nigerians.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by bimbos2007: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Neatly Fairly used 2011 kia soul for sale
for ₦ 1,750,000/
Lagos
Nigerian Used (Registered)
65,125 mileage
Automatic
Petrol
2 Wheel Drive
Left hand Drive
Color : Brown
Air Conditioning, Airbags, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Radio, CD Player, Cup Holders, Electric Windows, Keyless Entry, Power Steering,

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by deejayterabyte(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2014
jamace:
Stove get level o. Dis one na special one. grin

Am sure this stoves get LED screen to regulate them grin cheesy

Clueless goats, GEJ out! Eranko jati jati
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by braine(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

My dear sister, i tire ooo.

I think our youths need re-orientation or delivarance as the case may be. The only thing their rotten brain tell them is to complain about everything and not think of solution. Now a south african, a fellow african not an "european" is going to become a billionaire because our youths dont know how to use their brain. They only thing they are good at is to critisize the government.

Ask not what your country will do for you, ask what you will do for your country.

The way you think is very warped. Every Nigerian, even the "every iidiots on the street" - as Lilimax put, has a right to criticize their government; and you can't take that away.

Would the "fellow African" help us in our current economic financial predicament?? But rather, they are enriching their own economy. And you people are talking rubbish on here.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by abbccc(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2014
THE WAY THIS GOVT IS BEING RUNNED....CLUELESS...FULL OF CORRUPTION...HEARTLESS...WE NEED TO VOTE GEJ OUT
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by kashere: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2014
9.2bn is more dn some states allocatns!!! We need to rise up against dis unhuman,unreasnable,uncomprehsve wastefl spendin in d mist of devaluein dr lives not ours.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by fxskye: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2014
laurel03:
9ja leaders stealing since 1999... how much come be 1 stove?? i blv dt 1day bush meat will still catch d hunter... tired of ds otuoke man we just need change but not PDP in APC oo eg Atiku dt use 2billion to buy bread during all africa game (COJA).. God save our land

At an average of NGN11,979.17 per Stove/wonder bag
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by deejayterabyte(m): 9:42am On Nov 27, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Who's is more foolish if not you and your parents who failed to give you proper training. How animalistic are you in abusing the number one citizen in such insane manner.

Devil will punish you and your clueless, inept, corrupt and foooolish number 1 citizen, thieves!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Cheny(m): 9:42am On Nov 27, 2014
Due to the gullibility and ethnic bigotry of the average Nigerian,it will take some folks eternity to comprehend and admit the ineptitude,profligacy and corrupt tendencies entrenched in those at the helm of affairs. Blind loyalty is not synonymous to patriotism,defending the rulers even when the take childish & ridiculous decisions or make an obnoxious policy does not make u a patriot. What makes u a patriot is sticking to the truth and being objective no matter whose Ox is gored.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by mrputtine: 9:44am On Nov 27, 2014
PADDYS' Luxury Ltd.
For those event furniture and products.
Contact us @ 08052844928
Whatsapp:08052844928
BBM:267480B0.

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by kadas01(m): 9:45am On Nov 27, 2014
Ozin:

See sense! Kai! Even what you cook with attached to a gas cylinder is stove
Olodo rabata! Please, next time do not quote my post! Make your individual contribution! Thank you!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by athorello(m): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Has the SA government distributed same "stove" in their country? So Nigerians (students research teams in uniben and unilag) can come up with fuel efficient race cars that shone at international competitions via shell's sponsorship and we can't channel same resources to produce efficient stoves.
Or is this how our govt is bribing the SA govt over the arms saga? I was virtually mad while watching the 10pm news last night.
I AM CALLING ON ALL SENSIBLE YOUTHS TO PLEASE HELP FLUSH G.E.J AND HIS OBNOXIOUS CREW DOWN THE DRAIN QUICK!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2014
A complete waste of our national resources on irrelevant project. trying to buy the people's conscience through mere stove. GEJ must go come 2015.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by juman(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2014
Stoves that even OND 2 students can produce.

What a wasteful and corrupt government.

The stoves that would be abadon after some time, because of not getting the "fuel" to use for the stoves.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Oahray: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2014
Totally unnecessary, and a lack of foresight.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by davedave1: 9:49am On Nov 27, 2014
So Jona and south africa av finaly found a way to share d looted money dat was founded in Oritsejafor jet, or is dat not d figure too ? Naija we hail thee
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by guvnor78: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2014
Yesterday the federal government of Nigeria approved a contract to procure 750,000 cooking stoves and 18 000 wonder bags for women in nigeria for a total sum of N9 Billion naira. Since we don't know the type of cooking stove they will be buying it will be difficult to further analyse on that item. But will generate some questions. Now for the 18000 wonder bags. This wonder bags are made in South Africa and on the amazon website in the united States they cost $58.69 for a set of two of which 1 is seen as contributing to the welfare of the south African home so what that means is that you are essentially paying for one wonder bag as charity to be used in a south home. Please also note that this same wonder bag is also been manufactured in nigeria but for the sake of this discussion let's take the south African prices.now if you convert the unit price of a set of 2 wonder bags at $58.69 to naira that would come to N10000 for the price of 2. Then considering the 18,000 units they want to procure the price will come to N180,000,000 for the wonder bags. If you remove this amount of 180 million naira from the total contract sum of N9 billion naira you would have a balance of approximately N8.8 Billion naira. Now the question is will 750,000 cooking stoves cost N8.8 Billion naira to purchase?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Rexyl(m): 9:56am On Nov 27, 2014
kashere:
9.2bn is more dn some states allocatns!!! We need to rise up against dis unhuman,unreasnable,uncomprehsve wastefl spendin in d mist of devaluein dr lives not ours.

How many families does Nigeria has. If that amount would go round, it is far better than billions being mentioned and disappearing among few hands. Your reaction should have been on how to produce and distribute the items in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Superstar007(m): 10:00am On Nov 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

Let me ask a personal question and i want a sincere answer. What are you doing for a better Nigeria? We know the country is in mess, what are you doing in your own little way to better the situation of this country?

That isn't any of your business and I don't see the correlation between this and the topic.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by akins56(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2014
pls who have seen any sample of the phone thast this useless people bought for farmers the other time?

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by drightguy(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2014
It is so bad that this time, Nigeria Government is just interested in buying stoves when kerosene is at a very high price and the worst is that it is to hard to get.... so i think buying stove is not the right thing to do know rather issues like kerosene and insecurity etc should be tackled first before any other thing!!! cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2014
With which source of energy is this stove to be powered? I blv it must be powered either through kerosene, gas etc,. My question is how many rural people can afford kerosene at #130 per litre? Or will the govt also provide kerosene for them? GEJ has shown that he has no clue whatsoever to the challenges facing us. Pls let's unite and vote him out. Stop mortgaging ur future on the altar of tribalism.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Rexyl(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2014
juman:
Stoves that even OND 2 students can produce.

What a wasteful and corrupt government.

The stoves that would be abadon after some time, because of not getting the "fuel" to use for the stoves.

pity Nigeria since since 1900. OND graduates can't produce a wick. Instead of blaming the govt for all failures, where are the geniuses?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by chucs: 10:10am On Nov 27, 2014
ypzilanti:
Vote for more of the same old sh!t next year. Why not? Buhari is coming to stop y' all from going to church. Soldiers will come to your house and make you recite the Koran. Odes.
Gej is like a rapist that rapes with the door wide open for the victims to escape, but christian Nigerians are like " at least he said hes a christian"
fool... I guess he stopped Nigerians from going to church when he was the military head of state? Washed brain! With this your mentality, it is only God that will save you.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by MVLOX(m): 10:11am On Nov 27, 2014
When I read dis story I could only help but remember my Delta state governor who destroyed roads dat took oda govts years to put in place all in the name of providing water to a state dat relatively and conveniently provides it own water supply. Now all the roads and bad and unnecessary traffic jam are nw a constant k at places where non existed b4. I guess he really is learning fast from GEJ who is d father of wastefulness. My question is stove the common mans problem? If that money is used to revamp only 1 refinery in the country won't dat serve a longer and lasting purpose? But no GEJ just had to bless one of his boys just b4 Christmas and new year. Anyway I couldn't care less as I rep and vote for Gods kingdom as its d only and permanent solution to all mans prbs..............#TEAMGOD'SKINGDOM
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Philipmems(m): 10:13am On Nov 27, 2014
A chinese man will buy one of the clean stove and wonder bag tear them open shocked analyize shocked the technology behind the devices and how to make it better and cheaper... then set up a 2 billion naira company to mass produce it to the rest of the world and make 100s of billions as profit over a period.... Now thats wisdom grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Psalmwise(m): 10:15am On Nov 27, 2014
chai cooking stove..,9ja Dan suffer....she Noah sand we wan use am cook abi. wet in dey do did babas wey dey asorock
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by juman(m): 10:15am On Nov 27, 2014
Rexyl:

pity Nigeria since since 1900. OND graduates can't produce a wick. Instead of blaming the govt for all failures, where are the geniuses?

You are incorrect.

nigerian OND guys can do it.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Rexyl(m): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2014
juman:

You are incorrect.

nigerian OND guys can do it.

... but they have bn waiting too long, and probably that is reason South Africans took the invention from, and left them with e reactions and ranting on keyboards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Service Chiefs (Photos) / Kwara State Governor And His 26 Years Old Commissioner / See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.