Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn (48362 Views)

Environment Ministry Terminates N9.2bn Clean Cook Stove Contract / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Fg To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2mn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by fxskye: 10:26am On Nov 27, 2014
Humm......Surprisingly, No saTANiod, not even a single pro-GEJ has come to COMMEND this decision by Jonathan led administration.

Jonathan is DOING IT!

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Keky(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2014
We have refineries that need fixing but we spend 9bill on stoves. Get Jonathan and his squad the Bleep outta Aso Rock please.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by masamari(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

It is not the federal governnent that need deliverance it is you and the idiotic youths of this country that need deliverance. Now it is a south african that is using their God given brain to invent stoves for us while the youth of this country will sit down at home and complain about everything. What is wrong with you people, cant you use your brain to think positively and get yourselves out of poverty?

sometimes i wonder what positive thing the youth of this country is doing to help the situation of this country. The only thing they are good at is to make complaining a full time job. Idiots.
I can see how brainless you're. You! You're a disgrace to this noble generation. Let me enlighten you little if you have no clue of what we're talking about. 1. That said amounts for just procurement of stove is total misplaced of priority and means of mismanagement of public funds. Let me tell you by God grace I'm a certified Subsea Engineer professional my career has given me a better idea of gas production, piping and utility. Our country Nigeria is natural endowned with billion of cuft of gas. Most of these gases that oil coy flared daily on different rigs location can be turbines to generates power. This is clean and greener energy . Look our noble country will keep on experience failures if we also fools like you to have a say in serious issues that touch masses life.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2014
Omooba77:
The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the purchase of N9.2billion worth of clean cook stoves and wonder bags for rural women under the National Clean Cooking Scheme.

Wonder bag is a non-electric slow cooker invented by Sarah Collins, ‎a south African eco-entreprenuer, who came up with the idea six years ago during a power cut, when she decided to keep her dinner cooking by surrounding the pan with cushions.

The council also awarded a contract of N60.9billion to an indigenous firm, KaKatar CE Limited, for the provision of engineering infrastructure for Kyami District, Zone C, Abuja.

Supervising Minister of Information, Dr. Nurudeen Muhammed; Minister of Environment, Mrs. Lawrecia Mallam; and Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed, briefed State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over by Vice President Namadi Sambo.

Muhammed said the N9.2billion inclusive of Value Added Tax was approved for the procurement of 750,000 units of clean cook stove and 18,000 wonder bags.

He said the stoves are expected to be delivered by Messrs Integra Renewable Energy Services Limited within a period of 12 weeks.

He noted that the stoves which will be assembled locally, will provide jobs to Nigerians among other benefits.

The minister said, “The National Clean Cooking Scheme is an aggressive drive to engender clean cooking culture amongst the poor rural women, to reduce and possibly eliminate cooking with solid fossil which is detrimental to health.

“The scheme is expected to provide 20 million clean stoves over a five-year period at the rate of four million stoves yearly which will be distributed without charge.

“It will also reduce incessant felling of trees which exposes the country to ecological problems.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-buy-cooking-stoves-with-n9-2bn/
this is the most corrupt government I have seen. May God help us

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by juman(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2014
Rexyl:

... but they have bn waiting too long, and probably that is reason South Africans took the invention from, and left them with e reactions and ranting on keyboards.

You must be joking.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Bolurx(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2014
Madness!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by makzeze: 10:49am On Nov 27, 2014
Stove wey dey sell for 3k in Naija?

I cant believe it.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ddeola: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2014
These govt MUST GO! They are too backward.

These leaders lack vision.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Sweetlemon(f): 10:51am On Nov 27, 2014
The point is that at the end of it all, not more than 20% of the supposed beneficiaries will even have access to it.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by MrAboki: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2014
Sweetlemon:
The point is that at the end of it all, not more than 20% of the supposed beneficiaries will even have access to it.

How were the beneficiaries picked?

What was the criteria?

750,000 stoves?! I laffs. That is less than 1% of the Nigerians who dont have access to clean cooking energy.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by saintTim(m): 11:02am On Nov 27, 2014
Hahahahaha insane government. The women are saying they want more seats in our government while our government are saying" this is africa and a woman's office is in the kitchen, takE dis stoves and let ur husband feel ur presence at home" hmmm
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ypzilanti: 11:04am On Nov 27, 2014
chucs:
fool... I guess he stopped Nigerians from going to church when he was the military head of state? Washed brain! With this your mentality, it is only God that will save you.

Did you do english reading and comprehension at all? I was being sarcastic. Duh?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by bennysoundz: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2014
Lemme buy dn't wanna share. .
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by chucs: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2014
ypzilanti:

Did you do english reading and comprehension at all? I was being sarcastic. Duh?
ok sorry..I made a mistake in comprehension.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by felixchedu(m): 11:11am On Nov 27, 2014
That is totally nonsense. cooking stove,as if the masses are complaining of such..why didn't they use the money for kesrosine issues...if dem give them stove na water dey wan use cook??
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 11:22am On Nov 27, 2014
masamari:
I can see how brainless you're. You! You're a disgrace to this noble generation. Let me enlighten you little if you have no clue of what we're talking about. 1. That said amounts for just procurement of stove is total misplaced of priority and means of mismanagement of public funds. Let me tell you by God grace I'm a certified Subsea Engineer professional my career has given me a better idea of gas production, piping and utility. Our country Nigeria is natural endowned with billion of cuft of gas. Most of these gases that oil coy flared daily on different rigs location can be turbines to generates power. This is clean and greener energy . Look our noble country will keep on experience failures if we also fools like you to have a say in serious issues that touch masses life.

Only fools believe talking alone will bring change not action. To what benefit has your profession been to this nation? what have you done with ur said profession to the development of Nigeria? what innovation have u come up with? i believe you wont have an answer to this question because your idea and your fathers idea is to send you to school, graduate and become a slave to a company. After all u earn a salary that can feed ur little family...and that will continue for the rest of your generation, read the book "rich dad, poor dad" to get my point fool.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 11:29am On Nov 27, 2014
Superstar007:

That isn't any of your business and I don't see the correlation between this and the topic.

Then you dont have the right to be critical of what the government is doing.

You are not ashamed to admit you dont have anything positive to contribute to the development of this country yet you open your rotten mouth to abuse the government. Shame on you.

People like you should be thrown to hell, you are useless here.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by darelar(m): 11:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Well since they couldn't achieve their aims with the $9.3m, they decide to come up with new ways of spending the money. imagine the impacts the money would have in the life of poor people's in the village if they spend the money to do water project in every local government but instead they will you this has campaign tools
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by princeomorh(m): 11:39am On Nov 27, 2014
Omooba77:

He said the stoves are expected to be delivered by Messrs Integra Renewable Energy Services Limited within a period of 12 weeks.He noted that the stoves which will be assembled locally, will provide jobs to Nigerians among other benefits.The minister said........I hope you read that part,please stop spreading falsehood
so after those dat are employed to assemble d stoves are tru and they are paid,wot will happen? Wunt they go back to dier house? Is dat employment?fG,FEC,PDP and all those behind dis idea all need deliverance!

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 11:41am On Nov 27, 2014
braine:

The way you think is very warped. Every Nigerian, even the "every iidiots on the street" - as Lilimax put, has a right to criticize their government; and you can't take that away.

Would the "fellow African" help us in our current economic financial predicament?? But rather, they are enriching their own economy. And you people are talking rubbish on here.

And whose fault is that. Why wont they enrich their own economy when our useless youths would rather sit down and complain "jonathan dis, jonathan dat, ha his wife cannot speak english, oh he is clueless" and most of this useless youths cannot come up with something innovative to the onward development of this nation. Only action not words alone can change this country for the better.

Ask not wat your country will do for you, ask wat you will do for your country.

Haven said that, by now you should realize how stupid you are.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2014
princeomorh:
so after those dat are employed to assemble d stoves are tru and they are paid,wot will happen? Wunt they go back to dier house? Is dat employment?fG,FEC,PDP and all those behind dis idea all need deliverance!

Yes they should go home and invest the money in trade or something, i know people like you are the ones that get paid and eat all your wages, then you look for someone to cry to when money finish, Foolish people.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by trychris: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2014
A country of contradictions!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2014
ypzilanti:

What type of effing question is that on a faceless forum. So its the youth that have been denied the sort of quality education and opportunity that the older nigerians had that are to blame? I know you are one of them idiots ruling nigeria to ruins because its only them that blame the citizens who elected them to work for us all. Most of them fools had free quality education but the schools are all sh!t now. The youth are busy watching mtv base and football. Most people criticizing have a job and some even employ people. They pay taxes and for most part are law abiding. That's the duty of the citizens. Now tell me: what is the duty of the leaders?

I think you are retarded, so you mean our leader took a rope and tied them to watch mtv base.

You have not mentioned one thing you have done or doing for this country yet you open you rotten mouth and expect the government to serve you lunch on your dinning table.

You are just useless for this country...i think you should leave.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by EndtimeBlessing: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
Who will save us from the Clueless one?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
onatisi:
[s][/s] rantings and cries of a compound fool with an hereditary mental disorder.

At least you now accept this problem is not your fault, you inherited it, it is a generational curse and it will end. But it will take a million years from now before the curse will expire...so sorry your lineage put you and your generation through this.

Just do your own part of the madness and pass it to your children ok. Some parents can be heartless.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by MEILYN(m): 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
onadana:
undecidedThese criminals have started assaulting my mentality again. They have started with sharing money again ooooo...what is wrong with us Abeg so cooking stove that I know Abarians can fabricate...is that the most pressing issue abeg.May the generation of every self made polithiefian see be miserable.Those sharing our money Kai.. Allah...God...Oghene...Chineke...may they never know peace grin
Lmao @ the bold

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by billyG(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
Which kind puking Stoves be that? this same clueless govt. talk of free energy bulbs,free prepaid meter where are they?N9.2 blln a missplaced waste of publik funds.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by lekzzydo(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

I weep for Nigeria if someone like you is in a position of authority, na who dash monkey, your brain need to be examined, i know complaining about government decision is your full time job, yet you dont have anything to offer your family let alone the government. Shame on you. Mumu

Oh! Mr brainy, we've seen the likes of seun osewa, Linda ikeji, Aliko Dangote, Cletus Ibeto, Folorunsho Alakija and a whole lot of others I can't mention. Even someone like me to make this bold step by starting up something which to you is rubbish.

Can you tell or show us what your meaningful contribution is? If you can't, then bark off n get a life instead of spamming my mention.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Jesusloveyou: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Yeske2:
With fall in revenue, these guys still depleting what is left to bribe the masses, I give up.
it can't even be ready and share before feb 2015.so he should think of another bazaar,maybe rice for dis christmas.now dat d economy is down.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
gej is an utter disgrace, a shame that needs to be eradicated. Nigerians use your head February 14th 2015
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by masamari(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Idiot, have you seen the specification of the stove for you to cynically describe it as a wasteful venture? Do you spend most of your life living in blind criticism that's devoid of reasonableness?? Why can't you wait to see how the stove looks like before venting your frustration?
see youngman a stove is a stove no matter how clueless individual like you want to paint it white. Let me tell you this govt projected what they tagged vision 2020 during the eve of this administration, if I may ask you is importing of stove from south African are part of your vision 2020? I think a reasonable govt should be try hard to measure up with developed countries in term of societal infrastructures look I lived in England for solid six years I have never see anyone carry gas cylinders for refilling all the household are piped to natural grid gas bunkers. Our country will still looming in Woody ages and abject poverty if we allow a non-entity and uncivilized individual like you to contribute ideas to national phenomenal fools!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ypzilanti: 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

I think you are retarded, so you mean our leader took a rope and tied them to watch mtv base.

You have not mentioned one thing you have done or doing for this country yet you open you rotten mouth and expect the government to serve you lunch on your dinning table.

You are just useless for this country...i think you should leave.

You are just a dimwit trying to sound smart and learned because u read one book.

Everyone lawful person in society contributes. Even though I am an entrepreneur not everyone is. Doctors contribute, teachers contribute etc. So long as you are doing your job well you are contributing to society.

Now tell me what the contribution of our rulers has been like and if this stove purchase is a good contribution.

Even the entrepreneurs are complaining so I dont think you are one.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem / Amaechi: Reno Omokri Releases Audio Clip Part 1 About Amaechi & Buhari / US To Seize Kola Aluko’s House: $25m Los Angeles Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.