Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help (25495 Views)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / 28 Inmates Of Ikoyi Prisons To Sit For JAMB / Nigerians In Togo Prisons Cry Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Ironi: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
donifez:
So dissapointed in people's response here, They admitted their crimes but yet the Ghanian government treats them worse than animals...The other day i saw some Nigerians languishing at a Ghana cell most of them are innocent, It was really an eyesore.They should be given food and medical checkup at least. How can a prosecutor say that...well i just pray you or your family members don't enter into their web. I appeal to the Nigeria government should allow them serve here.

Stop the yeye, are Nigerian prisons any better?

Btw, Ghanaian prisoners are also there in the prison and are not given any special treatment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Litmus: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Thought Ghana was a wonderful place with electricity, good doctors and facilities including prison. Unlike Nigeria, no one innocent ever goes to prison, so those people must all be guilty and rightly in prisons -good Ghana prison facilities with 24hourse electricity, what are they crying for?

....perhaps I'm missing the point, maybe the topic is meant to make Nigerians feel shame that our all-mighty Nigerians are in dwarfish Ghana jails (no one is too big to go to jail) , or maybe the topic is meant to instigate another one of those posts where some idiot African American or Caribbean person defending Ghana then starts posting stupid pictures exploiting people suffering all over Africa but depicted as Nigeria ?
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by matrixme(m): 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
You actually took hard drugs out of the shores of this nation, then you were caught and you now expect that the government shows you some sympathy? How do you think the fairness of justice would prevail in this our delicate world? Perhaps I could come rape your first daughter tomorrow, then send flowers to show how deeply sorry I am... We have enough problems back home, particularly the state of the naira, boko haram, our missing 20billion dollars and so on! We cant afford to import more. Sorry "brothers". Pray to God. Only him can help!
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Emmy2019: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
HOW I WISH OUR LAW WILL BE STRICT LIKE D ONE OF GHANA.THINGS WILL GO WELL FOR NAIJA.
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by ceeceeco: 4:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
Time 2 be-head all the black ass negros(Ghanaians) in my neighbourhood, starting from Fred Adomah.
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by hollypagan: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
my brother just dey 12 months him dey complain abeg make him reach 7 yrs then FG go put mouth for him case ,mumu like
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by OXYGEN01: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Litmus:
Thought Ghana was a wonderful place with electricity, good doctors and facilities including prison. Unlike Nigeria, no one innocent ever goes to prison, so those people must all be guilty and rightly in prisons -good Ghana prison facilities with 24hourse electricity, what are they crying for?

....perhaps I'm missing the point, maybe the topic is meant to make Nigerians feel shame that our all-mighty Nigerians are in dwarfish Ghana jails (no one is too big to go to jail) , or maybe the topic is meant to instigate another one of those posts where some idiot African American or Caribbean person defending Ghana then starts posting stupid pictures exploiting people suffering all over Africa but depicted as Nigeria ?
mumu. Wat makes nigeria Almighty? boko haram or polio? Polio still exists in that useless country in dis 21st century. What a useless country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by OXYGEN01: 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
POLIO Spread Confined To Only Two Nigerian
States - Minister
by TheRealMrStan: 3:45pm
The Supervising Minister of State for
Health, Dr. Khaliru Alhassan, on Thursday
said Federal Government had successfully
confined the spread of wild polio virus to
Kano and Yobe.
Alhassan made this known when he gave
update on the success being recorded by
government towards total eradication of
polio in the country.
According to him, the virus is now
confined to only five local government
areas compared to the more generalised
situation in the past.
“We have made tremendous progress, as
you are aware that this year we have only
recorded six cases against 51 the same
time last year. So, this is a remarkable
achievement and if we maintain the
tempo we are confidence that we are
going to interrupt the transmission.
“Presently, we have the problem in only
two states, that is, Kano and Yobe states
and also only in particular LGAs.
“This is giving us an impression why we
need to work more; we have been able to
localise these cases in one geo-political
zone. It will make our job a lot easier”.
According to Alhassan, in the last one
year, 96 per cent of the 774 local
government areas have been polio free
while 95per cent of the 36 states and FCT
have been without polio in the last one
year.
In his remarks, Vice-President Namadi
Sambo said that with the impressive
gains being recorded in the fight against
the polio virus, the disease would soon
be completely eradicated from the
country.
He, therefore, reassured that government
would continue to give political support,
ensure sustained funding of the
programame, procurement of the polio
vaccines and support the introduction of
other new vaccines.
Sambo said the government would also
continue to work with the traditional,
religious leaders, development partners
and other community based
organisations, to ensure polio-free
society.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by horlarwaley92(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
Even what they've done is wrong.... Nigerian government will not find any solution to this...
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by OXYGEN01: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
ceeceeco:
Time 2 be-head all the black ass negros(Ghanaians) in my neighbourhood, starting from Fred Adomah.
mumugerian fool.Why don't u go n do dat to boko haram rather.Black Ugly smelly fools
l

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by favouryemmy: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
theorbiters:
I really don't understand these guys, I mean, in as much as the sentence passed is way to outrageous and the condition they face is really terrible, what were they expecting to happen? You wanted to make quick money but the plan was foiled I think u are being punished for ur negligence to obey the law. You can't start pleading for the govt to come rescue u, on what grounds? You can't justify ur actions in as much as the heavy sentence but we cud sure pray for u.

Inasmuch as some of them committed the crime, you will agree with me that Ghanaians usually do this kind of thing as a retaliatory act. Just as this man's prosecutor said, that it's because of 'Ghana-must-go'.
I bet you, several of the inmates are innocent, yet they are put in a condition where they might die for committing no crime. It's just not fair.
I support their repatriation to Nigerian prisons, so that some of them, especially the innocent ones and those that have repented will have a chance at life after serving their term.
Do I have a seconder?
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by SkinnyDude(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
ZUBY77:
It's not easy for Black people.
Due to bad governance, we are all struggling to make it through everyday.
The places that awaits us are the Prisons and the grave.
That's where we end up eventually and directly from struggle.

Africa is very unlucky. We are the worst of all humans when it comes to mindsets..

All German Prisons are better than almost all parts of Lagos State.
But an African Prison is a hell inside a hell. Yet we exist on the same planet. And some religious fanatics believe that we will end up in one hell or one Heaven. When some people are already in Heaven and hell here on earth.

Nigerians are in prions in every country on earth. We have been holding that record for one decade.
I am Igbo and I can tell you that most of them prisoners are Igbo. Thats a situation we found ourselves after post civil war policies that was specifically designed to keep us on the ground forever.

I read kids here pointing fingers at other tribes for being this or that. Nobody ever wanted to be a terrorist when he was born, the system made him to adopt that philosophy. Don't blame them, think of a way to convince them with your own ideologies. That's what is called wisdom. Not calling people names on the Internet as if your own life is perfect.

I was a drug Lord as well. But fortunately I skipped prison and knew when to run and start a legitimate business with the little I raised.

I advice everybody who intends to do drug business to have a plan from day one.
Set a goal of a capital required to do some legal business. Run away as so as you get it. You won't blame yourself much if you are captured before you make the capital. But you will blame yourself if you get that capital and remain in the business. Drug business is not a career business. Get that.

I know it's difficult to start a life especially if you don't have support..

Mother Nature will see all of us through.. But remember what I said "Plan from the beginning"
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by donifez(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ironi:

Stop the yeye, are Nigerian prisons any better?

Btw, Ghanaian prisoners are also there in the prison and are not given any special treatment.

Do not say what you don't know, they aint better but they give them food ...and yes there are special treatment for Ghanians.
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by jikanbage: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
teejah03:
Wat dis they hang at their back,is it there tooth paste,sponge,soaps and so on...u come dey sayy una dey suffer...u better stop it unelse if u invovle nigeria govt dem go put fire o cause there av to be a basis for d deal,its either ghanaian prisoners in nigeria should be sent back. To their country and nja prisoners too in ghana should be sent to nja...
lol

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Rooski(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
Lacomus:
Is hard drugs the only thing our youth can export to other country ? I would have love them to rust there but since they've learnt their lesson the gov. Should do something about it. In other news na so revenge de hungry thiz people ?
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Anglovel: 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
theorbiters:
I really don't understand these guys, I mean, in as much as the sentence passed is way to outrageous and the condition they face is really terrible, what were they expecting to happen? You wanted to make quick money but the plan was foiled I think u are being punished for ur negligence to obey the law. You can't start pleading for the govt to come rescue u, on what grounds? You can't justify ur actions in as much as the heavy sentence but we cud sure pray for u.
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Anglovel: 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
seangy4konji:
Don't do drugs.

Ok. We are going up again.

Last bullet:the bible and holy quoran says that train your child well(with good common sense also)when growing up so that he or she can give you peace and it also says that the child we do nt train well shall be the one t sell all our properties.

This made me remember the girl crying rape the other day from unilag?if they had trained her well?am sure they must have told her it's books they sent her to school to read and not go from one eatery to another to eventually get raped.

Now you leave shores of Nigeria to Ghana to do drugs ?not even Sweden or Canada. Ghana

You go hungry. You go suffer. You go tire (Fela Anikulapo kuti).
Ghana prison vert secure,ghana judicial system....fairer,firmer,stricter than naija cts,pls do ur time leave d fgn out of dis.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Anglovel: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
bolajJP007:
Nigerians. There is no prison in the world you won't see them. Is it our leaders fault, parents or the society.

Parents and You Yourself r to blame.......
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Alvelt14(m): 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
If i hear say nigeria prison itself is okay?
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
IdiAmin2:
serves them right
I don't even have 1 ounce of pity for him or the other prisoners
what conditions do they expect in prison? DSTV and PS4?
so he did not know of the consequences before he decided to start pushing drugs?
if the drug deal had gone through, it will be the same idiot driving around in range rover sport with his nose in the air forming big boy.
Nigerian Goverment to come to your aid? hahahaha. really? as if you dont know who you have in Aso Rock
best chance you have is maybe good behaviour in prison, maybe they will have leniency and give you parole after you seve half the term.
otherwise, plan your escape, you can watch the whole seasons of prinson break for some ideas.
O boy you harsh no be small, but well, truth is bitter. . . . .iz there ps4/dstv in Nigerian TV?
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by seangy4konji: 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
I can see it is fair. 200 years is FAREWELL also.
Anglovel:

Ghana prison vert secure,ghana judicial system....fairer,firmer,stricter than naija cts,pls do ur time leave d fgn out of dis.
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
alVinHustle:
Chigozie should see this
That looks like NYSC camp to me
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Kagarko(m): 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
lalasticlala:

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/nigerians-ghana-prisons-cry-help/

Why always Igbos. Any time you hear Nigerians in foreign prison its an Igbo man.

Igbos and their criminal tendencies.
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=Rooski post=28425034][/quote] you are welcome to nairaland
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
phantonce:
Bros,make i no lie to you.
you are on your own.
your best bet is to escape from prison or do ur sentence

Hahahaha Abeg help me tell am well. Fed Govt nova reason people living in 9ja, na people dem put for crench 4 gh dem wan reason. Lolz
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by SantaMafia: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
SEMO007:
Ghana 9ja relati0nship n0t nice at all... i remebered wen i went 2 skul in Accra institute of techn0l0gy A.I.T..d treatment dre was as if we wre n0t human beings..n0b0dy told me b4 i ran bak h0me..(Skul talk m0re of pris0n)
hahahaha you guys aint see nothing yet grin grin grin as if your people treat Ghanaians in your country any better embarassed undecided
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
Lol swaziland is very good she pls come belloyemi2@gmail.com
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by SantaMafia: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
theorbiters:
what is outrageous about the sentence? do you know in some countries people convicted for drugs are sentenced to death? If the Ghana law stipulates a long jail term, what exactly is your problem? Even Ghanaian citizens convicted for drugs get long jail terms so were you expecting them to relax the law because a nigerian was involved? Tell me if a Ghanaian is arrested in your country, won't he or she be subjected to the full effect of your laws? so what the fvck are you talking about?
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by PocoAPoco57: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Litmus:

Stupidddd n dumb comments. Is Nigeria better?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by PocoAPoco57: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Appswheel:
Pls Vanguard tell the young man to serve is jail term. He wants to eat his cake and have it back - it happens only in Nigeria. So e wan come back Nijia bribe, settle who hin wan settle dey free.

The Ghanian prison authoities should up their game n make d prison "comfortable" for the inmates. That said, Chigozie God blessed you but you chose to curse yourself. Enjoy your time at d Ghana prison at least for three years before making any complain.

Show me a comfortable nigerian prison. They should shut up and enjoy it and be thankful. At least they are not been executed.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Many suffering in smelling Ghana-must-go jails! HOLY Moses come and save Nigerians in the hobbit dwarfs country from the hands of Charlie!
Re: Nigerians In Ghana Prisons Cry Out For Help by Horus(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2014

[size=15pt]UN report condemns standards in Ghana’s prisons[/size]

Source: http://www.citifmonline.com/2014/03/09/un-report-condemns-standards-in-ghanas-prisons/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Segun Adewale 'Aeroland': Lagos PDP Leaders Collecting Money From Tinubu / 50-Year-Old Boko Haram Refugee Marries His Hearthrob In A Yola IDP Camp. Photos / Aisha Buhari Receives Courtesy Visit From Wives Of Service Chiefs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.