Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Some Christians Should Shut Up!. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Christians Should Shut Up!. (4631 Views)

Worsening Economy: If You Have Shame, You Will Shut Up, FG Replies Ekweremadu / People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION / Christians Should Accept Islam Or No Peace - Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Rilwayne001: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
yazach:
I remember vividly before Osun gubernatorial election, their was a message sending to phone numbers(I sure is for christians but erroneously sent to muslims). The sms read as follow:

VOTE OMISORE VOTE JESUS

But thank God because I don't know if Omisore's failure leads to Jesus failure. Yeye people

LOL...indeed they are yeye people..indeed
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by simpleseyi: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
joseph1832:
I must say that the way some christians are going about this "Buhari wants to islamize nigeria" bull.shit is becoming out rightly annoying.

I honestly see no reason why a particular cadre of nigerians will have this super impose believe of their own supremacy over the rest of us.

You hear ranting everywhere coming from some christians that Buhari plans to islamize Nigeria if voted into office, let me ask them, if given the opportunity won't you christians christianize Nigeria?!. Seeing the way I personally have been pursued and disturb by many christians just because I tell them I don't share their narrow minded belief, I'll say these christians are guilty of the same thing the accuse Buhari of.

The very nature of the "typical nigerian christian" is imperialist, note, any where you see christianity, imperialism is not far of, seeing the way many of their G.O's, Papas and what have you live in splendor, I won't be surprised that these people have the notion of spreading or installing their brand of christianity on Nigerians if given the opportunity. You tell a member of one of this new generation churches that you attend a white garment church and you see the manner at which they swarm on you just like the way flies swarm on shit and tell you that you are going to hell and they shove the brand of christianity down your throat.

Let's not forget, 'greed' is a powerful motivating agent, just like money and greed is what powers many of this new generation churches. The basic aim of this new generation churches is to spread and accumulate more wealth.

I tell anybody who wants to listen: "christians and moslems are the very reason why Nigeria remain a backward country". Take a good look and all those who has occupy the sit of the presidency on you'll know for sure. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds!, always trying to shove their beliefs down peoples throat. Thus I say this: "He who can not smell his own bull.shit can never perceive his sense of narrow mindedness" and narrow mindedness, is the order of the day in the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

I beg which of the christians are you talking about becuase I cannot see any around me. I see only church goers promoting their different churches. One of these church goers told me that CCC do rituals because I told him that my friends are CCC member. Another church goer told me that Catholics worship idols because I told him my girl friend is a Catholic. Still, my Jehovah Witness friend told me that all church goers called christians are going to perish.

Even if I want to convert to christianity today, which of the denominations will I convert to? My God is a not a God of confusion. Thses church goers are just confusing themselves.

1 Like

Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
simpleseyi:

I beg which of the christians are you talking about becuase I cannot see any around me. I see only church goers promoting their different churches. One of these church goers told me that CCC do rituals because I told him that my friends are CCC member. Another church goer told me that Catholics worship idols because I told him my girl friend is a Catholic. Still, my Jehovah Witness friend told me that all church goers called christians are going to perish.

Even if I want to convert to christianity today, which of the denominations will I convert to? My God is a not a God of confusion. Thses church goers are just confusing themselves.
Look closely and you'll see and know the church goers am referring to.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
malele:

This trash can't make front page
One of them
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
gratiaeo:
[s]Nobody has what it take to Ïslamize Nigeria not even Muhammed (curse be upon him).
Buhari as an Islamic extremism can only legalise BH by giving them amnesty just like Niger-delta militant

Ever since 9/11, Muslim leaders who have access to the national media have told us that Islam is the religion of peace and that violence does not represent the essence of Muhammad’s religion.

Even President Bush and Britain’s Prime Minister Blair have repeated this assertion, saying that Islam has been "hijacked" by a few violent fanatics. Is this true?

Sadly it is not, for empirical, observable facts demonstrate beyond doubt that Islam at its founding is filled with violence—in the life of Muhammad himself and in the Quran itself.

Hence, these Muslim apologists must stop misleading unsuspecting people, and they must be honest about the heart of their religion, for once and for all[/s].
Another one

1 Like

Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by MeAboki(m): 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
medamillion:
How can Buhari islamize Nigeria? Some people have simply been brainwashed beyond recognition.

He didn't do so when he had the full power of a military Head of State yet some ppl are being brainwashed believe he could so as a civilian present - even when he would be having considerably less power.
They also forget that as the head of the army, in the 80's during Shehu Shagari's civilian regime, he ordered the complete obliteration of the Maitatsine Islamic religious uprising, i.e. today's equivalent of Boko Haram.
It makes you wonder how therefore could such person be the religious fanatic he being maligned to be.

2 Likes

Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by medamillion(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
@ MeAboki : you don't have to mind them, one thing is certain no matter the amount of expired bag of rice the TANoids are being given to blackmail the people's General, they will surely fail!
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by lilflipnerd: 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
yazach:
I remember vividly before Osun gubernatorial election, their was a message sending to phone numbers(I sure is for christians but erroneously sent to muslims). The sms read as follow:

VOTE OMISORE VOTE JESUS

But thank God because I don't know if Omisore's failure leads to Jesus failure. Yeye people
mad ppl
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
Truth is bitter!

Nigeria has grown past the stage where one individual will impose his religion on.

Buhari is just an unfortunate fellow who the political class often easily use religion to discredit.

On a very good day if you take a poll of Nigerian leaders there is no one who is charismatic and pulls the kind of crowd Buhari pulls. He doesn't need to rent any crowd.

But it's unfortunate we don't want people who are upright and selfless.

May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
yazach:

VOTE OMISORE VOTE JESUS

Erm just how did Jesus fail? Please kindly elucidate....
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Truth is bitter!

Nigeria has grown past the stage where one individual will impose his religion on.

Buhari is just an unfortunate fellow who the political class often easily use religion to discredit.

On a very good day if you take a poll of Nigerian leaders there is no one who is charismatic and pulls the kind of crowd Buhari pulls. He doesn't need to rent any crowd.

May God help us.
The very reason why "things fall apart" in Nigeria.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Curlieweed: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
MeAboki:

He didn't do so when he had the full power of a military Head of State yet some ppl are being brainwashed believe he could so as a civilian present - even when he would be having considerably less power.
They also forget that as the head of the army, in the 80's during Shehu Shagari's civilian regime, he ordered the complete obliteration of the Maitatsine Islamic religious uprising, i.e. today's equivalent of Boko Haram.
It makes you wonder how therefore could such person be the religious fanatic he being maligned to be.

This whole islamizing Nigeria thing is just a red herring by Bin Buhari's misguided supporters. Him Mama no born am well to try that one. A so-called general that was whisked away from office without a whimper through one of the most open coups in our benighted history. Abeg talk better thing Jo.

The main issue is that while he has an overwhelming lust for power, the mumu has absolutely no frigging leadership qualities neither has he shown any previous history or inclination for the responsibilities associated with such power. While he was head of state, every child knew who did the actual work. As PTF chairman, he outsourced all his responsibilities to a private firm (owned by his late in-law). This particular case was so bad that when he was confronted with evidence of looted funds exceeding N25 Billion, he would claim ignorance of all operational issues and absolve himself of responsibility with the ridiculous defence that he couldn't have personally benefitted from the stolen funds.

However, the main reason he is "perpetually unelectable" is that he is suffering from an incurable case of foot-in-mouth disease. It's either he is telling people in a very religiously divided country to "elect only leaders that will defend their faith" or he is campaigning for "total sharia" ( whatever that means). Then he will start using daft metaphors about baboons, dogs and blood. After that he will start talking about how some nameless outsiders are destroying the North through BH. Yet again, he will go to Oyo state and warn them about attacking "his people" ( Fulani). This is why I call him Buhari.

Now while I enjoy the amusement he affords me, he is better off going to contest the Emir stool in Daura like our garrulous former CBN mistake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by chimerase2: 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
I hate reading threads with no morale undecided
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by aurenflani: 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
gratiaeo:
Nobody has what it take to Ïslamize Nigeria not even Muhammed (curse be upon him).
Buhari as an Islamic extremism can only legalise BH by giving them amnesty just like Niger-delta militant

Ever since 9/11, Muslim leaders who have access to the national media have told us that Islam is the religion of peace and that violence does not represent the essence of Muhammad’s religion.

Even President Bush and Britain’s Prime Minister Blair have repeated this assertion, saying that Islam has been "hijacked" by a few violent fanatics. Is this true?

Sadly it is not, for empirical, observable facts demonstrate beyond doubt that Islam at its founding is filled with violence—in the life of Muhammad himself and in the Quran itself.

Hence, these Muslim apologists must stop misleading unsuspecting people, and they must be honest about the heart of their religion, for once and for all.

Insha-Allah, the curse is on you because not only did you insulted the Prophet Muhammad but also lied against him.

Your soul will perish and until you die you will never know peace nor henceforth achieve any of your desires.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
aurenflani:

Insha-Allah, the curse is on you because not only did you insulted the Prophet Muhammad but also lied against him.

Your soul will perish and until you die you will never know peace nor henceforth achieve any of your desires.
Muslim don't do this, leave him and whatever he believes in, he will surely get his rewards
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by sademola: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
IBB!

sunnyshayne:
Truth is bitter!

May God help us.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by gnykelly(m): 12:17am On Nov 29, 2014
pure truth. I still couldn't phantom that there could be one level headed Christian like op. when I here my Christian friends say things like this, I don't argue with them I just laugh and I look into their face and say GRADUATE! !!
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Ayoswit(f): 7:27am On Nov 29, 2014
Mr Joseph or watever u called ursef ur very stupid person why don't u start by denying ur name b4 denying Christianity
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2014
chimerase2:
I hate reading threads with no morale undecided
Now why do you read threads with no morale?.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2014
Ayoswit:
Mr Joseph or watever u called ursef ur very stupid person why don't u start by denying ur name b4 denying Christianity
Ayoswit it shows that you are not witty. So you think just because a guy bears Joseph it automatically makes him a christian?, how shallow and narrow minded you are.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2014
gnykelly:
pure truth. I still couldn't phantom that there could be one level headed Christian like op. when I here my Christian friends say things like this, I don't argue with them I just laugh and I look into their face and say GRADUATE! !!
I am not a christian. Joseph is an English name as well as Hebrew name.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Ayoswit(f): 7:49am On Nov 29, 2014
gnykelly
post=28432419:

pure truth. I still couldn't phantom that there could be
one level headed Christian like op. when I here my Christian friends say
things like this, I don't argue with them I just laugh and I look into
their face and say GRADUATE! !!

and u call ds misguided infidel a Christian. does his utterance depict a Christian?
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Ayoswit(f): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote
author=joseph1832 post=28435878]Ayoswit it shows that you are not
witty. So you think just because a guy bears Joseph it automatically
makes him a christian?, how shallow and narrow minded you are. [/quote]

can i be named Alhaja ismaila or aisha & seen as Christian?~

ure a deluded fellow
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by major466(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2014
@Op Go Study the history of Turkey and how it was islamized.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 8:02am On Nov 29, 2014
Ayoswit:

can i be named Alhaja ismaila or aisha & seen as Christian?~

ure a deluded fellow
LMFAO! Please just stop... You are indeed showing that you are the one who is deluded! Imagine. So you've not heard of Apostle Johnson Sulayman of Omega Fire Ministry?. The guy has Sulayman as his name, and he's a christian! Kai! See person just dey show everybody say she no get sense at all!.

No need debating with the likes of you... Its an abject waste of energy.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by major466(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2014
joseph1832:
They are one and the same. Christians and moslems, causing commotion since 1960.
Christians don't bomb people because of religion.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 8:06am On Nov 29, 2014
major466:
@Op Go Study the history of Turkey and how it was islamized.
I should hazard a guess that you listen to that preaching from a RCCG pastor, Bosun Emmanuel. Learn to question an individuals rationale before concluding.

Now I ask: can you compare Turkey to Nigeria in terms of provision of basic amenities?.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by joseph1832(m): 8:17am On Nov 29, 2014
major466:

Christians don't bomb people because of religion.
Well I believe you don't know the history of christianity! Please do your findings and you'll believe that christians are no different from moslems when it comes to the issue of 'protecting the faith'.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Kingspin(m): 8:18am On Nov 29, 2014
Who are Bokoharam? Hey! this country is annoying all of us not only you.
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by Kingspin(m): 8:23am On Nov 29, 2014
gnykelly:
How many more lives needs to be wasted before Boko haram go? 1billion, oh my God..
Re: Some Christians Should Shut Up!. by rhymz(m): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2014
Joseph I must confess that I feel what you have written up there is crap..... You sounded so angry and feudal, like anyone that does not support your stance or support for Buhari does not have a good reason.

I have always maintained that Buhari suffers terribly from "Messiah Syndrom" with the way people like you keep pushing his religious piety as a reason for him to be elected, it is clear that is all they see, religious Piety and not necessarily leadership qualities which he obviously do not have.

You can't blame people who think there is a dangerous religious dimension to a Buhari Presidency, for one his supporters are largely Muslims who are ready to shed people's blood in the event that he does not win the election. Buhari himself is fond of making inflammatory statements that uncannily give support to violence for his largely Muslim die hards to take advantage and wreck havoc.

A Buhari presidency will give an unimaginable impetus to BokoHaram, fact. It was until recently that he, Buhari started distancing himself from any utterance the purports to make him look like a sympathizer of the sect.

The man may not directly give support to these fools but his rise to Presidency will give justification and hope to these sect groups that with a Muslim Fulani like Buhari who himself is very fanatical about his religion, they might persuade him to declare them as some recognize Islamic entity.

Buhari Islamizing Nigeria can be read in so many context that is not necessarily literal. I won't be surprised if a Buhari presidency allows some very stringent Islamic laws in places like kaduna, kano and even Abuja despite their large Christian populations. We have all witnessed his utter lack of common restraint or fair judgment when it comes to what he wants or thinks is right......

His unbridled tenacity to be Nigeria President even when he clearly stated the last time that it was his last attempt(after losing twice) lends credence to the fact that the man can be blind to any good sense or judgement until he gets what he wants. Don't just write angrily and post like you are also suffering from the man's messianic complex like he alone has got the magic wand to fix Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu:i Am Not On The Run(video) / MC Oluomo Tweet: Daily Trust, TheCable, Others Disagree With Mynd44 (Pictures) / VP Osinbajo Contradicts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.