Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? (47596 Views)

Olamide's Story For Thegods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? / Video Download: Olamide – Story For The Gods..full Video Here... / Could It Be That Olamide's Story For The Gods Video Was A Leak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mdee1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
debssycharles:
We need to report this guy to the authorities in charge. Anyone with an idea on Hw to go abt it?
Yes, write a letter to the gods....because it's their story
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by StOla: 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
pmc01:

Check the meaning of ''reluctance" as it relates to rape.

I don't need to relate the meaning of reluctance from the standpoint of rape. The rape only exist in this write up.

Rather, I would relate it to the reluctance of a wife or girlfriend in having sexual relations with the husband/boyfriend. After much cajoling, she succumbs to the mating tactics of the other gender (as it happens with all animals).
While on the duty, the erstwhile reluctant female NOW becomes to hot to handle.

Is this too hard to comprehend?
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by seangy4konji: 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Yor story is for the gods also.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Foxycarol(f): 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
I tink you trying to look for fault with his is music, but mayb u should listen to d music again with some1 actually understand yoruba and seem to be forgetting the part of the song where invited a girl and she brought her friend for twosome. The truth is you cannot be raped except you do wat u re nt supposed to do, walk @ a very late hour in dark alley, go to a guyz houz whom u ve been collecting gift or cash from, work with a crowd of guyz wu don't even care about dere future. For instance a guy has been telling u he loves u and all sort, nd u keep refusing him bt keep collecting tinz nd cash from him, nd u except him nt 2 rape u, let's b sincere wit ourselves, it is hard 4 a girl to b raped if she bahaves her self. I am nt supporting rapist but as I a female a lot of rape story I have heard some fault wit the ladies too. Nd olamide song is in no way portraiting rape

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Fourwinds: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
I think d time is ripe for d anti--christ to come....d ground is being prepared. I wish all of us goodluck
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by TheMadame(f): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
fonzie2u:

Cross your heart u never danced to explicit songs of KSA oR FELA

Did Fela or Sunny Ade ever promote the ra/pe of not one but two girls?

I advise people to try and listen to the lyrics of story for the gods carefully and decide if it is something you would like to happen to a daughter or sister?
Olamide is very clever and witty in the way he raps but true Yoruba people can read between the lines and understand what he is talking about. Go and listen again-TWO gils are rap/ed in that song.

2 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by ROZZAYY(f): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmmmm left to me I'd say abt 90percent of us who know dat song do not even know d meaning so d analyser here has actually succeeded in alerting people to wateva he thinks the songs mean, btw I think its just an exaggeration, of wat he rily meant cos traditional songs have diff meanings u mite think it means somfin wen it means anoda.
Wateva d case mayb the song is not for kids, its only kids dat can be manipulated into doing wat they hear, no sane adult will jump and ra pe a gal cos olamide said so, so parental guidance is d key, me thinks d song is nice and 4get d lyrics and sway ur body to d beats.
All in all d guy is gud @ wat he does so wat do I care! *shakes head to story 4 d gods by olamide*
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Foxycarol:
I tink you trying to look for fault with his is music, but mayb u should listen to d music again with some1 actually understand yoruba and seem to be forgetting the part of the song where invited a girl and she brought her friend for twosome. The truth is you cannot be raped except you do wat u re nt supposed to do, walk @ a very late hour in dark alley, go to a guyz houz whom u ve been collecting gift or cash from, work with a crowd of guyz wu don't even care about dere future. For instance a guy has been telling u he loves u and all sort, nd u keep refusing him bt keep collecting tinz nd cash from him, nd u except him nt 2 rape u, let's b sincere wit ourselves, it is hard 4 a girl to b raped if she bahaves her self. I am nt supporting rapist but as I a female a lot of rape story I have heard some fault wit the ladies too. Nd olamide song is in no way portraiting rape
He should stop giving her things nau. Hian. How do you people reason sef? If she isn't sleeping with you after your gifts then stop giving her and get another target, simple. No need to involve raype.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by jujunaty(m): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
Mtchewww... story for the gods
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Fourwinds: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Foxycarol:
foxycarol, u are very correct. Dose are some of d things y some girls are raped. Many a girl will not agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by samseen02(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
kennygee:
I have never liked his songs.

Olamide fans, Oya, defend your Idol.
wizkid is that you
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by fhemyxXx(m): 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
Damn, are you not a 9ja breed? Why are thinking slim and shallow ,its just very surprising a negro is saying all these, I'm placing my bet on "you're not from the streets, your mentality is kinda transparent,only someone from the street will understand, so stop fighting it,its not related to rape not from my own point of view
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Fourwinds: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
fellis:
He should stop giving her things nau. Hian. How do you people reason sef? If she isn't sleeping with you after your gifts then stop giving her and get another target, simple. No need to involve raype.
u are funny oooo. If u know u cannot date a guy y not reject his gifts. Aleast d guy cannot gum d gifts on ur hands. Simply tell him u don't nid it. Girls always thinks dey are smart. U will only invite trouble
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
abfany:
Omo! I fear this person o see how he dissected the song finish. I get your point but at the end of the day most nigerians just wanna dance to a good beat not necessarily caring about the lyrics.
That is the truth...but some people still take the message from the songs......what must be done to curb this?

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by ademega(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
The video is bad , yes very bad .
Two almost nude ladies inside a bath shaking their two big a s s and u will think there is a shark inside the water bath ni .
Then some slogans were insults to Islamic religion . "sa re saluwala ko kanra mo " . The first time i saw the video i had to cover the face of my 2 months old baby .

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by sadiku95(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
#Story4Dgods
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by willibounce1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Op must be a Mukpas. You don't understand Yoruba and some1 translated crap for u.

I have never heard anything glorifying rape in the song. Yes it glorify promiscuity, but rape? No. Maybe u need to check the meaning of rape and see if any of his lyrics is in any way associated with rape.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
BeloHorizonte14:
Please Sis,forgive my unacceptable and unforgivable display of naivty and ignorance. I just want to know,'why do ladies or women find it hard to move on with normal life after a rape incident and why the psychological trauma?' i am asking you because of your sincere and highly respected profile personality on Nairaland. #your boy dey loyal#
I don't know o. I have never been raped (thank God). However, if I should hazard a guess, I think it's because for women, sex is a very deep, physical thing. If you rape a woman, its like stripping her naked and shoving her into public like that. The violation is like ...deep and horrifying.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by geedot: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
A rapist is a rapist! No be song D̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨ey make someone such! Sho ti gbo op?
Story for †ђξ gods!
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by daveP(m): 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Janeify:

You and this two words ehn...inseparable grin
shocked tongue

lol whats your take on the matter? wink

sure, Phrases are powerful!!!

(jots a thing or two) grin
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Ishilove: 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
TheMadame:

My dear,listen to the song again carefully.
A very disgusting and violent song that should be condemned by all.
Listen well: He starts by saying he has drank dongoyaro and monkey tail-a mixture of local gin and weed.
Then he proceeds that he wants to fornicate today.
It is the girl that says-"mo ri ogo"-which translates to I am in trouble. Then the girl is crying he has broken my arm and my back to which the abuser retorts-story for the gods.
If you continue to the second verse the abuser goes on to say the girl came with her friend who came in to save the first girl and the abuser equally pounced on the second girl in between mouthing Islamic injunctions.
I am a mother and I feel sad anytime I hear that song.
How awful sad

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
MUSIC IS SAY WHAT U WANT TO SAY MAKE THE FAME U WANT TO MAKE & MAKE THE MONEY U CAN MAKE NOBODY CARES IF DEVILISH STOP CRITISING DO UR & MAKE UR MONEY
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mdee1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
TheMadame:

I advise people to try and listen to the lyrics of story for the gods carefully and decide if it is something you would like to happen to a daughter or sister?
Olamide is very clever and witty in the way he raps but true Yoruba people can read between the lines and understand what he is talking about. Go and listen again-TWO gils are rap/ed in that song.
U are reading a BAD meaning to it, sorry to say but it's the truth. The song is in no way portraying rape, maybe because you really don't like him in the first place before all this
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mdee1(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
fellis:
Nobody wants to be the mugu, what happens to all the gifts?
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Didnt the song pass through authority b4 it became public consumption? didnt d gods see his plan b4 he released the songs? oid boy go sing ur own
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by StOla: 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
TheMadame:

"Two girls were raped in that song". embarassed

I can't believe your brain was actually alive while typing this absurdity.

Please listen to the song again, but not before taking 4 cubes of sugar.

I suppose the two girls laid on the bed and allowed the guy to just rape them?

Oh! I forgot the guy had 4 arms to hold them down and 2 d1.cks for simultaneous action.

3 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by oluamid(m): 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
It's obvious someone doesn't understand Yoruba. Its a lewd song, granted. But does it talk about rape? Hell no!

If it does, a lot of people would have been up in arms against Olamide the day after the song was released.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by ayomidegambari(m): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
The first day I heard that song, I bleeped ma ex
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by UnimkeAk(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Article for the gods .

You've not listened to U.O.E.N.O (remix)

Listen to that and I'll be expecting a mini novel from you
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by samuelite40: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
May the scales in the eyes of our youth fall off that they may see and hear clearly and do what is right in the sight of God. Amen

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mdee1(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Oya pe Folake, Atinuke ati Dupe wa bami nu benz Me and my friends ka jo lo flex I'm I making sense, am an ***
Does a rapist have time to tell her to invite her friends? wise up ppl

Mo ti je gbogbe ishe Mary j mo ti la
O tele mi lo'le kiakia mo fi ha
She followed him to his house willingly

Bi mo shey n run mo lo pe mi l'Anofia
Ni Ilekun ba shi le, ase o mu Nofi wa
I don't understand that line, anyone should explain

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by BeloHorizonte14: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ishilove:

I don't know o. I have never been raped (thank God). However, if I should hazard a guess, I think it's because for women, sex is a very deep, physical thing. If you rape a woman, its like stripping her naked and shoving her into public like that. The violation is like ...deep and horrifying.
Amen and God forbid that u wil be raped for He shall lead you in a path no rapist and eye of evil know not of. Anyways,thank you for giving me your best answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Luchy Donalds Gets A Mercedes Benz As Christmas Gift (Video) / 2face Idibia’s Steps Out In Egyptian Outfit At The Opening Of AFRIMA / Fans Insults Korede Bello On Instagram, See Why At (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.