Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? (47612 Views)

Olamide's Story For Thegods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? / Video Download: Olamide – Story For The Gods..full Video Here... / Could It Be That Olamide's Story For The Gods Video Was A Leak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
Chrisx1x:
The song was sang in yoruba,with very little Eng.
You might be right.pls cn any yoruba person confirm if the Op is right?
The song isn't about rape. The OP is guilty of delving into things he has little knowledge of. If I have the time I'll pen a rebuttal.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by meritocrat: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
Even Phyno glorified ra.pe in the song track ALOBAM. . . Pinopino form ua guys ga agba ya set. . .Meaning "if a girl resists, guys will rape her".
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by vision2050: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
@op interpret the verse 2 of the song. we should not use words out of context. i partially agree with some lines. but verse 2 is different can u pls explain √√√√Verse 2
Wey Folake, Atinuke ati dupe waba
mi ni benz
Me and my friends, ka jo lo flex
Am I making sense I’m always _____
Mo ti ja gbo gbo ise, ese mo ti la
O te le mi lole kia kia mo fi ha
Bi mo se run mo lo npe mi ni anofia
Ni lekun ba sile, ase omu nofi wa
La leyi odaron
Sare saluwa la salamo
Bo ba dun e ko faramo
Cause laleyi ma kanran mo
I will show you what I got
Lori yanga
Oya dide ma joko lori aga
Lomo mii ka jo ma kuru maga
Lomo mii ka jo ma kuru maga
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by rman: 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
The writer of the article is dull. cheesy

In fact, the song is a funny way of analysing how girls give all kind of excuses of not wanting sex but turn out to be sex goddess immediately u get them into the act.

It is about the hypocritical nature of girls attitude towards sex and maybe the society at large.

In fact, STORY FOR THE GOD'S is addressing all those holier than thou on this very thread but Bleep pass dogs when doors are closed.

Kai, hypocrites everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by fhemyxXx(m): 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
mdee1:
Oya pe Folake, Atinuke ati Dupe wa bami nu benz Me and my friends ka jo lo flex I'm I making sense, am an ***
Does a rapist have time to tell her to invite her friends? wise up ppl

Mo ti je gbogbe ishe Mary j mo ti la
O tele mi lo'le kiakia mo fi ha
She followed him to his house willingly

Bi mo shey n run mo lo pe mi l'Anofia
Ni Ilekun ba shi le, ase o mu Nofi wa
I don't understand that line, anyone should explain

"Ni Ilekun ba shi le, ase o mu Nofi wa" -
"Then the door went open ,alas she brought nofisat along"
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Ishilove: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
silvermania:
I don't do such songs.most Nigerian artiste r just clueless but unfortunately they making d money. olamide is my Nigerian worst artist followed by DAT taout DAT sang shoki or woreva
I think it is the same 'tout' that sang both songs grin
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by bundur(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
How wl dis change d rape cases going on in India
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
drey076:
Olamide's unborn daughter will pay for d destruction dat dis song cause on youth

It's a terrible thing but nah, don't blame an innocent child for it.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Emodeee: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
kennygee:
I have never liked his songs.

Olamide fans, Oya, defend your Idol.

mstchewwwww, lyk u r nt one of his groupies.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by masseratti: 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
The op needs to understand and comprehend yoruba language very well before writing this gibberish,Yoruba language in a very interesting language with idioms,metaphors in everyday use,i first fell in love when I listened to 9ice photocopy, his first line got me thinking for months until a friend of mine who grew up in Gbogan translated the meaning to me,this was despite the fact that have being speaking the language from the cradle,"itakun to so gba to ni ohun so legbede",same goes for story for the Gods,if you cannot comprehend please ask for clarification.

That song is not about rape in any way,from the lyric,a girl that is being raped will not bring another one or you didn't hear "a se otun mu Nofi wa"

2 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by PStacks(m): 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
Olamide has warmed hÍs way Ínto the heart of most music loving Nigerians.

What's left in this couÑtry other than to make merry and catch a§ much fun while Ù still can.

I dÓubt if people really gave an ear to Þhe lyrics like u did.

Íf not that u brought it up, I would neve® have nÓtÍcÉd.

Let's face it, thi§ ͧ entertainment, people want what they wÀÑt..

whÀt of the late Dagrin (may his soul rest in peace).. Igbo, shayo, ashawo, dis is how we living o le pami layo.

Beat that.

My point, .... Its what sells that Ù market.

Just like News.
Good news don't make News.

Bad News is always News.

Olamide has to earn a living oÓo however u look Àt it.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by PStacks(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
Olamide has warmed hÍs way Ínto the heart of most music loving Nigerians.

What's left in this couÑtry other than to make merry and catch a§ much fun while Ù still can.

I dÓubt if people really gave an ear to Þhe lyrics like u did.

Íf not that u brought it up, I would neve® have nÓtÍcÉd.

Let's face it, thi§ ͧ entertainment, people want what they wÀÑt..

whÀt of the late Dagrin (may his soul rest in peace).. Igbo, shayo, ashawo, dis is how we living o le pami layo.

Beat that.

My point, .... Its what sells that Ù market.

Just like News.
Good news don't make News.

Bad News is always News.

Olamide has to earn a living oÓo however u look Àt it. ..
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by freecocoa(f): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
I didn't know the lyrics to that song until now, not really a fan of Nigerian music as most of them sing absolute rubbish but what I'm here to say is that, I am 98% sure Olamide meant every word in that song and he must have done such many times.

Now here's why I think so, many guys don't understand the word "no" and "stop", their excuse is that ladies mean "yes" when they say "no", believing that if they press further, the girl will give in and many girls have been r*ped this way, the girl struggles for a while and when he overpowers her and finally have his way, it becomes "she was just saying no so that he'll press harder" whereas what happened was r*pe and the girl won't say anything because she'll get all the blames.

I have been there but the ediot did not succeed, I was lucky enough to create a diversion and escaped, this is even someone I wasn't romantically involved with, someone I thought was a friend, seriously many girls have been r*ped this way and this pattern is even worse.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by masseratti: 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
fhemyxXx:

thanks you jare I read through the pages most people who does not understand the song are just writing rubbish.the song has nothing to do with rape please.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mdee1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
fhemyxXx:

oh ok, thanks
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
we all knw dat what we listen to nw re ntin but rubbish. but Olamide will neva b d first nd d last hip hop artist to sing immoral songs but y Olamide alone? re u expecting a prayer points or praise nd worship in olamide's lyrics?
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by masseratti: 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
freecocoa:
I didn't know the lyrics to that song until now, not really a fan of Nigerian music as most of them sing absolute rubbish but what I'm here to say is that, I am 98% sure Olamide meant every word in that song and he must have done such many times.

Now here's why I think so, many guys don't understand the word "no" and "stop", their excuse is that ladies mean "yes" when they say "no", believing that if the press further, the girl will give in and many girls have been r*ped this way, the girl struggles for a while and when he overpowers her and finally have his way, it becomes "she was just saying no so that he'll press harder" whereas what happened was r*pe and the girl won't say anything because she'll get all the blames.

I have been there but the ediot did not succeed, I was lucky enough to create a diversion and escaped, this is even someone I wasn't romantically involved with, someone I thought was a friend, seriously many girls have been r*ped this way and this pattern is even worse.
sorry about your experience,i hate rapist with passion,an Indian movie I watched when I was young tuned my brain to hate rapist,cant remember the name of the movie but the main character was killed and the wife was raped after which he killed herself,bottom line the Dog revenge their death.
That said,Olamide story for the Gods has nothing to do with rape,he is only bragging about his sexual ability to satisfy ladies,av never heard of where a single guy will rape two ladies at the same time single handedly,without gun,the song has nothing to do with rape,Yoruba is a very funny language a word or sentence might have three or four meaning.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by airlord: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Lmaoooo@ Op. The song is defintly nt about rape. Its easy to translate stuff like this into wat we want it to b.

Listen to d song carefully and u will understand dat olamide saying" o ti kan mi lapa o, o ti kan mi leyin o" is only tryin to glorify his prowess in d sexual act and nt about rape.

Op jus showin naivety abeg. Olamide is a great talented artist and i will buy his album anyday. Nicca pls! Its friday nyt. We gats to do sina today!

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Tori46(f): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Coolguy89:
Dem say dorobucci na evil,now story for d gods,na wa o for u ppl,hw song go Encourage rape
it can.. music is powerful
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by pseudonomer: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Promoting Lesbianism, Rape or anything u call it...we don't care... Story for the gods...

On a more serious note, I don't think he's promoting rape... At a point, when you have this sexual urge and your girlfriend says no, giving excuses like I'm tired or it's getting late... Buh you insist and later she accept... During intercourse, most wild girls usually say a lot funny words like... "Jesus" "U don kill me" "haaasshhh" "my back" which means she's enjoying the stuff. Now, will you consider that as a Rape?

You are too moral to have fun op... StreetUP

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by freecocoa(f): 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
masseratti:
sorry about your experience,i hate rapist with passion,an Indian movie I watched when I was young tuned my brain to hate rapist,cant remember the name of the movie but the main character was killed and the wife was raped after which he killed herself,bottom line the Dog revenge their death.
That said Olamide story for the Gods has nothing to do with rape,he is only bragging about his sexual ability to satisfy ladies,av never heard of where a single guy will rape two ladies at the same time single handedly,without gun,the song has nothing to do with rape,Yoruba is a very funny language a word or sentence might have three or four meaning.
Okay then if that's the case, still guys should realize that no means no, atleast make sure she really wants it before proceeding.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by timsbee(f): 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
CoolHunk:

What are you insinuating? You don't know the industry?

Pls read my comment over nd stop askin me Q.

Must u quote me bfor makin ur own comment.....

Steer clear.pls.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by agrovick(m): 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
my translation of the song;
she can't wait, she wants to faith: she was running late and needed to rush home
she wants to faint; after ko. nji kicked in, she forgot abt going home and because olamide had taken some drugs he was firing non stop, hence the she wants to faint line.
the arm breaking and leg breaking; how hilarious can you be in your holier than thou view, they were having great se.x at different angles. there are instances where a gal starts screaming obscenities when the lovemaking is just too good. thank you

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by dotmanbaba1(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
shocked story for d god. NEXT PAGE.....
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Emmalot121(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ìtàn fún àwon òrúnmìlà (story for the gods). angry
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by BruzMoney(m): 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
abbeyoye2001:
U need to get a good translator @Op. U re confusing things here.

My source is there! Channel ur complaints to the articles owner
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by rman: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
freecocoa:

Now here's why I think so, many guys don't understand the word "no" and "stop", their excuse is that ladies mean "yes" when they say "no", believing that if they press further, the girl will give in and many girls have been r*ped this way, the girl struggles for a while and when he overpowers her and finally have his way, it becomes "she was just saying no so that he'll press harder" whereas what happened was r*pe and the girl won't say anything because she'll get all the blames.

Sorry about your experience but the OP got the meaning of the song completely wrong.

In fact, it is a funny way of interpreting the hypocritical nature of people especially girls towards sex.

I find the song funny and it has nothing in it about rape.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by BruzMoney(m): 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Abiolainfo:

The Guy sabi copy and paste die, I will sue him for copyright infringement and he is going to pay a fine of life ban on all social media forum cheesy grin

I think that will best be done by seizing his mobile and laptop
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Erection(m): 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
masseratti:
That said Olamide story for the Gods has nothing to do with rape,he is only bragging about his sexual ability to satisfy ladies,av never heard of where a single guy will rape two ladies at the same time single handedly,without gun,the song has nothing to do with rape,Yoruba is a very funny language a word or sentence might have three or four ning.
The name of the movie is # Teri~mehe~baniya.

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
timsbee:

Pls read my comment over nd stop askin me Q.

Must u quote me bfor makin ur own comment.....

Steer clear.pls.

Cheers.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by StOla: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
mdee1:
Oya pe Folake, Atinuke ati Dupe wa bami nu benz Me and my friends ka jo lo flex I'm I making sense, am an ***
Does a rapist have time to tell her to invite her friends? wise up ppl

Mo ti je gbogbe ishe Mary j mo ti la
O tele mi lo'le kiakia mo fi ha
She followed him to his house willingly

Bi mo shey n run mo lo pe mi l'Anofia
Ni Ilekun ba shi le, ase o mu Nofi wa
I don't understand that line, anyone should explain

The door opened wide (revealing Nofisat), she had come with/brought Nofisat, unknown to me.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by TheMadame(f): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
StOla:

"Two girls were raped in that song". embarassed

I can't believe your brain was actually alive while typing this absurdity.

Please listen to the song again, but not before taking 4 cubes of sugar.

I suppose the two girls laid on the bed and allowed the guy to just rape them?

Oh! I forgot the guy had 4 arms to hold them down and 2 d1.cks for simultaneous action.

My son, you do not need to be rude to get your point across.
I ask you a question-Who is Noffi in that song? What is her role in the song?
"Mi o mo wipe o mun Noffi waa." before Olamide starts telling the girls to do abolution and start to "kuru maa gaa?" which literally translates to go up and down on my shaft?
Like I said before the rapper is very witty and subtle and hides his rel intentions in his poetic licence. Go and listen again if you are Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mr Eazi Shows Off His Father For The First Time (Photo/ Video) / Temidayo Abudu And Adebola Makanjuola White Wedding Pictures / Matthew Ekeinde Accompanies Omotola To Morocco For CMF Event (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.