Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? (47566 Views)

Olamide's Story For Thegods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? / Video Download: Olamide – Story For The Gods..full Video Here... / Could It Be That Olamide's Story For The Gods Video Was A Leak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Moblord(m): 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
see your back, calamity

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by tylesh(f): 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
mdee1:
I wonder what the parents are doing too, every1 is blaming the "NBC guys" and forgetting parents/guardians
Maybe na the popsy/mumsy buy the CD come house sef, free the NBC abeg

The music shouldnt be played in the first place.Is it only at home children listen to music?What about those guys dt sell cds and play music on a wheel barrow?

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mdee1(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
tylesh:

The music shouldnt be played in the first place.Is it only at home children listen to music?What about those guys dt sell cds and play music on a wheel barrow?
I'm pretty sure that boy didn't hear it from a wheel barrow guy/cd seller. he must have heard it a lot of times to know the lyrics. You still can't blame NBC cause they deal with Radio and T.v , nothing else....i guess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by deelobe: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Is this what music has come to in Nigeria. Most of their lyrics have sexual undertones and are lewd. To imagine that innocent children dance to these songs because it is in vogue. Can't they take a cue from TUFACE
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mdee1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
deelobe:
Is this what music has come to in Nigeria. Most of their lyrics have sexual undertones and are lewd. To imagine that innocent children dance to these songs because it is in vogue. Can't they take a cue from TUFACE
they will at last, after they make a mistake
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
freecocoa:
Okay but can you please explain what you mean by "hypocritical nature of people especially girls towards sex"?

Hypocritical nature of refusing with the mouth, but consenting with the body language.

No I dont want o. My mum doesnt like it. Oh stop, where is ur hand about to touch? no.. em..em... ouch..hmmm....wow...baby you are sweet.

Get it?

This is an absolute interpretation of the song.

Language is wide and completely uncomprehensible. If you do not speak or understand yoruba, and someone has to interprete the lyrics for you, it may sound as rape, because a basic meaning gets lost with translation and that meaning is the hypocritical nature of girls, beclouded by the sentence 'he has broken my arms, legs.

In deep yoruba sexuality, when a lady says such ( he has broken my arms, legs) while having sex, it is regarded as a complimentary comment born from the state of ecstacy and pure pleasure the babe is experiencing.

When you are having a sexual union, and the man is too much for you, touching every end and never stoping (most ladies want to be in this shoes),
If you are yoruba, the expressions that would slio out of your mouth would most likely bear similarities to such sentences; you are breaking my back, arms, when translated to english.

2 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by adami: 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
streetzdreamz:
I aint a fan of naija musics,since most of dia songs r pure gibberish,nt songs u can decode a thing from,just pure bleh,bleh,bleh, den beats,alcohol,weed n unclotheness,watched d video some weeks back n I was asking a friend if such videos have no governing or regulating body dt checkmates dia excesses,but as d typical Nigerians av rightly said,dey just wanna dance away dia sorrow nt giving a damn bout morals or nudity,90percent of naija music videos promotes violence n immorality,silly producers,silly consumers!.,

Oh pls,shove ur 9ja criticism in ur pocket. Is it American songs that are better?? what does J-lo's big booty and Nicki Minaj's Anaconda teach you?? We have good artists in 9ja that with sense making songs and lyrics and we have the non-sense making songs and lyrics, same as every other country. Stop looking for reasons to criticise everything Nigerian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by omega2128(m): 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
nigerians are #1 when it comes to critizing good things.

One, story for the gods is a club song not song one plays in living room with children listening. If you go to night club and hear - damouche, saint janet do not complain, those songs are meant for that environment. Radio or tv stations will not air it because its NOT TO BE BROADCAST. NTBB. Its a song meant for a specific environment.

Two- this song contains words like 'I want to marry thee', 'I want to be regularity'- is writer trying to say olamide will get married to woman to rape her regularly?

Three- writer ignorantly and cunningly intertwene sina in yoruba with zina in islam. Sex outside marriage is fornication, which means sina in yoruba. Olamide is not mincing words but calls sex outside marriage- fornication (means sina in yoruba)

Fourth, I know that Mr Faruq is not in his youth age otherwise he would have know that sex among youths of today is a battle not lovemaking. Faruq did his best and followed norms in his time but in this generation, new norms and best is to take- dongoyaro, monkeytail, alomo, osomo, because lovemaking is a battle and one needs to arm himself.

Mr Faruq should stop listening to youth song especially club songs. Religion and elderly songs are still in market, he needs to get some for his personally enjoy. Old men should stop eavedropping on youth's club songs.
Story for the gods is battlesong, if you hear story for the gods in my mouth, know that I'm preparing for battle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Gboliwe: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
Good thing NBC banned its airplay.
I have disliked that man Olamide from the first time I saw his interview with that other fat presenter. Is it Toolz you people call her? I saw an empty, proud, annoying smoker and I still wonder what it is about him.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by xtervaganza(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dear writer of this article, e no go better for you

say amen! angry angry angry
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by xtervaganza(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
Gboliwe:
Good thing NBC banned its airplay.
I have disliked that man Olamide from the first time I saw his interview with that other fat presenter. Is it Toolz you people call her? I saw an empty, proud, annoying smoker and I still wonder what it is about him.
you can die now
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Gboliwe: 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
xtervaganza:
you can die now

I will contribute money and even bury you if notified on time. Wawa!
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Abbey2sam(m): 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
kennygee:
I have never liked his songs.

Olamide fans, Oya, defend your Idol.

wether you like his song or not...... e no con_sign me
he's making his money.......traveling around d world

@op what you wrote up there is a story for the gods
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by simdam500(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
olamide hmmmm heavy sigh....

the op made sense enough for olamide himself to reason to....

still, story for the Gods
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by heskeyw(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
YNeme3E:
Nawah ooo,, just listen to d music ni and enjoy d beat.. Its ur choice if u wan rape babe.. No be olamide song dey cause d rapes in nigeria. Its simply d wicked desires of men,, simple.. Mtcheeww.. Make una no vex me ooo.... NEXT....

Lolx... Give ds a man a packet of VITAMIN C
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by xtervaganza(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Gboliwe:

I will contribute money and even bury you if notified on time. Wawa!
weyrey alasho
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by einsteino(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
omega2128:
nigerians are #1 when it comes to critizing good things.
One, story for the gods is a club song not song one plays in living room with children listening.
Two- this song contains words like 'I want to marry thee', 'I want to be regularity'- is writer trying to say olamide will get married to woman to rape her regularly?
Three- writer ignorantly and cunningly intertwene sina in yoruba with zina in islam. Sex outside marriage is fornication, which means sina in yoruba. Olamide is not mincing words but calls sex outside marriage- fornication (means sina in yoruba)
Fourth, I know that Mr Faruq is not in his youth age otherwise he would have know that sex among youths of today is a battle not lovemaking. Faruq did his best and followed norms in his time but in this generation, new norms and best is to take- dongoyaro, monkeytail, alomo, osomo, because lovemaking is a battle and one needs to arm himself.
Mr Faruq should stop listening to youth song. Story for the gods is battlesong, if you hear story for the gods in my mouth, know that I'm preparing for battle.

grin battle song...lol. very true sex nowadays is a battle..

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Yemike(m): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
see how this idiot spoil this song wey we dey enjoy for our abete...abeg go eat shit jhor.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by harry509: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
BruzMoney:

Eseoghene Al-Faruq Ohwojeheri
(Director, Moral Project)
[url]saharareporters.com/2014/11/27/olamides-story-gods-nigerian-song-recommending-rape-eseoghene-al-faruq-ohwojeheri[/url]
I fear dis person ooO. I don read read read read i tire ummmmmM. Well bros na d beatn we day afta oooO. D time wey awilo music day nvoke as in makosa music. We nigerian's nu hear wetn dm day 2ok @ all. Yet we dance 2 their music. So... Leave ola alone.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Haba OP, if you do understand yoruba well, you would know it was no rape and that the said girl was actually enjoying it.

Theres this part he said something like
Now shes saying “mo r’ogo”/ Oti kan mi lapa which means -Now she saying I’m in for it/ my hand is aching me/..then
Ni ilekun ba shile/ A sho mu No fi wa which means- I’ll show you what I got/ No do yanga - and in this part, the girl's friend, Nofi entered.

The girl actually wanted Olamide to "do" both her and her friend. It was never a rape and he was never glorifying rape.

Please, listen carefully to lyrics before passing judgement. Its really not cool tarnishing people's work when you know in the next 10years to come, you cant achieve quarter of what they have achieved..

2 Likes

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by benjsniper33: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
# Sighs#

#looking at the mad dances and fornication promoted by the present music industry#

#remembers the old days of good music that stopped immediately after the premature death of Dagrin#

There is no more need to cry for the present generation of youths who derives pleasure in this depravities. I foresee a future whereby the bulk of the next generation will constitute a group of darkness thereby turning this world into a cesspit of civilization.
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
I didnt read it.Because i know olamide cant write this long.

.SWEAT TOO MUCH? contact me Asap .
Sweatfree team,to your freedom
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
StOla:

You thought right. The author of the piece must be hard of hearing.

It's all about the erstwhile reluctant Caro dealing with him sexually.
you should also go nd listen to d song again, e neva said CARO bt claro.. The video is so obscene, wats wit d 2gals in the tub? undecided
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
lemmeknow:
Yes or No, both answers are story for the gods undecided

can i trust you?
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by agrovick(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
TheMadame:
I have nothing against Olamide and his fans. It is the NBC and the block heads that work there that should be sacked and their office shut down for their incompetence that such a disgusting song is all over the place promoting hard drug use,alcoholic abuse,fornication and ra/pe in on instance.
and I repeat the song is not promoting rape
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by elmagnifico411(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
@ op, it shows u no ja @ all. U don't understand yoruba and ur friend didn't try with d interpretation. Not that I'm saying all YES to olamide, but I think u didn't really grab d scope. Oya make I fill u in; 'story for the gods' simply means she was scoping him. She wanted it all d way, but she was pretending. Do u not know that when a woman says NO, in d real sense of it, she means YES. That's what happens when you're asking a lady out. She gives a NO to all d stuff u say and @ d end of d day, she gets to be ur chic. Op, u need some street sense to grab things in d street. Na lay man analysis u give. That no means say naija neva spoil sha o! Alll na still story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
agrovick:

and I repeat the song is not promoting rape
true it isnt promoting rape but what bout the use of hard drugs, weed and alcohol and also the sexual undertone...gezzzz
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Brightgem(f): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Plenty foolish comments by foolish people!! I hope many who are yarning dust will wholeheartedly be glad to die and meet their God with a song about fornication right on their lips. Even if you beg some people to "GET SENSE" OP. You try, you don talk your own, leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
YNeme3E:
Nawah ooo,, just listen to d music ni and enjoy d beat.. Its ur choice if u wan rape babe.. No be olamide song dey cause d rapes in nigeria. Its simply d wicked desires of men,, simple.. Mtcheeww.. Make una no vex me ooo.... NEXT....

Lack of thought, and the inability to link cause and effect is one of the black man's greatest problems.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mbulela: 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
I have read both sides of the argument.
I am going with the rape one.
If you have a sister and/or a daughter. You will see that even the defense against the rape point is blurry at best and rape is not something to be implied even in vague terms.
This song has crossed the line.
Somethings must not be sacrificed for the sake of beats and melody.
I liked the song without understanding the lyrics but the video put me off.
Now it is a complete NO for me.

1 Like

Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
folabayo1:
I don't think olamide meant any of wat u r saying.._ r givin his song a diff meaning and I see dis as u lookin for attention frm olamide.not good enuf.

Is this a joke, or are you this simple?
Re: Olamide's Story For The Gods: A Nigerian Song Recommending Rape? by mbulela: 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Here are two defenses for the song.
Both are detaield and thought provoking but I am afraid the best they do is allude to a blurry line.
Rape is too serious an issue to imply even in the vaguest of terms.

http://afrovii.com/2014/10/26/story-for-the-gods-a-deconstruction/

http://olatoxic./2014/10/26/olamides-story-for-the-gods-an-exposition/

With this much dexterity and word play in an indigenous language, this guy just wasted it.

If you want to defend a lewd song, try Prick no get shoulder. A song I will not be ashamed of God hearing me play. Depth with relevance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Omotola Stuns At Road To Yesterday Premiere (Photos) / Barbara, Timaya's Baby Mama And Their Daughters Step Out In Style (photos) / IK Ogbonna's New Range-Rover Breaks Down During First Trip [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.