Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan (36057 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 29, 2014
I can see seun is eating from the national cake and cup, little wonder he now publicising political campaigns for corrupt politicians. Seun, i hail thee!

5 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Anglovel: 5:33am On Nov 29, 2014
JECBOSS:
Even the South West are in full support of Jonathan.
GEJ till 2019
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 5:37am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
am nt defendin him but do u think he can solve all dis or beta still anyone can? 1.200 girls missin shows our low level security since 558Bc so dat can happen to any president . 2. Wen A dollar was N1 and wen it tilted, we kill d president den? 3. Federal skools are tiution free ask ur state government to reduce theirs 4. Low Standard of living? has always been a tale of d white man of d african nation but still d standard were never grt or even medium b4, people dey work and dey are gettin richer in dis country, no food for lazy man! 5. BH is a new chalenge to d Nigerian government or even to its people, and i believe we wil get stronger in d area of security! No vex am nt defendin Gej but all am sayin is cut d man some slack! Only u can change ur life!
Abi na, He can't do everything buh his six years tenure is a failure

5 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by knightsTempler: 5:41am On Nov 29, 2014
Truckpusher:
Yes ,he has the support of the real Yorubas.
The slaves of the Northerners can do all they want, the real Yorubas will soon take back their land from these Gambari puppets.

Yes you right on the money, There are 2 types of Yoruba the real Yorubas who are the true progressive and the other Yorubas ready to play 2nd fiddle to the Hausa/Fulani hegemony. The later are the foot soldiers of Tinubu and the APC attack dogs on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:43am On Nov 29, 2014
soroptimist:
Sometimes i laugh at the juvenile thought-process of this 'tata' President that we have talking as if everyone/party must assist the PDP achieve its zoning policy even if its realisation will eventually hurt the existence of other party

What kind of a baby politician is GEJ who should be ashamed that his PDP Rep members betrayed him and his party by listening and following an opposition backed member than someone the party supports. Does that not signpost a lack of leadership quality in the so-called leader of the party that GEJ is?

Before anyone scoff at ACN's role in the emergence of Tambuwal,the fact remains that politics is about interest and the interest of ACN then was to make sure PDP does not have a foothold in the SW using every permissible political tactics

GEJ should quit sounding like a rain-beaten child and tell himself the home truth of the fact that he lacks the charisma to make people do his bidding. The reason people still defer to GEJ today is because he has the power to dispense political patronage n contracts

ACN's support of Tambuwal was done with a self preservation mindset at heart. It would be foolhardy to allow PDP produce a speaker that will be antagonistic and stiffling of its members potentials even if the person is a yoruba woman

Dimeji Bankole and Olubunmi Etteh's inglorious roles as Speakers of SW descent is still fresh in our memories
Politics 101.

I like this guy. cool

8 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 5:46am On Nov 29, 2014
lilflipnerd:
Abi na, He can't do everything buh his six years tenure is a failure
pls wit wat yard stick are u judgin wit? I dont care abt Gej, d under 40s of dis country too weak! If we so tired of PDP, i can tell u Apc will nt solve our problem, PDP is a stable party y Apc is nt! Apc a party wit no form of contuinity..all am sayin is dey dont care for u and i. Until Apc starts usin wisdom nt pranks dats wen i wud take dem serious if nt dey wil stil convert d party to JPD!

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by janvier27(m): 5:50am On Nov 29, 2014
Leadership isn't always a popularity contest, and is not always about having your way.
I honestly wonder if messages cannot be passed without calling the president names like idiot and so on. I just wonder, really.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 5:51am On Nov 29, 2014
I hate it when people take that sillly tribe thing personal...
[size=18pt]AM A NIGERIAN, YORUBA IS MY SECOND LANGUAUGE NOT MY TRIBE OR SOME DIMENSION , IF I HAPPEN TO LEARN IGBO, TIV, HAUSA, ITESEKURE. THEY ALL BECOME OTHER LANGUAGES I KNOW. I DON'T BELIVE IN THAT TRIBAL SHIIT.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
#UNITEDNIGERIA
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 5:58am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
pls wit wat yard stick are u judgin wit? I dont care abt Gej, d under 40s of dis country too weak! If we so tired of PDP, i can tell u Apc will nt solve our problem, PDP is a stable party y Apc is nt! Apc a party wit no form of contuinity..all am sayin is dey dont care for u and i. Until Apc starts usin wisdom nt pranks dats wen i wud take dem serious if nt dey wil stil convert d party to JPD!
Who brought Political Party here.. let's face reality n stop supporting mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by 2n2k(m): 6:00am On Nov 29, 2014
KHAYGOLD:

Point of correction, OBJ did not bring GSM. Telecommunication industry only deem it fit to invest and make money in Nigeria during OBJ's time as the president. Had it being Jonathan that was the president, telecommunication would have also come into Nigeria. Were the people able to buy SIM at a cheaper rate? Was it not during the period that DAVID MARK said GSM wasn't for the common people? OBJ was only lucky that they came to Nigeria to make money during his tenure. Had it being it was OBJ's handwork, he would have regulated them

If you are going to correct, get your facts right. So telecoms companies just woke one morning, realized that nigeria had no gsm, walked in and set up business in parts of nigeria that caught their fancy to make money? smh.

By the way, David Mark made the statement about telephone (not gsm) not being for the poor when he was the minister of communications in Babangidä regime in 1987. That was more than a decade before gsm was introduced to Nigeria in 2001.

7 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by kennylawd: 6:02am On Nov 29, 2014
But when are we going to learn that collecting 'wrapper' like this and voting for PDP won't provide portable water !

9 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do
when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba
amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were
seated there urging them on as they ridiculed
awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to
come when you visited a great university named
after him, as the students chanted and called you
and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan
expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the
junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly
realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help
you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the
SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of
your government as you proudly announced to the
world as if they were the only regions you that got
you elected. Even if they were, should a president
be making such divisive statements? I was never a
tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We
are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we
yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for
the huge political relevance we are enjoying today.
Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there
via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured
you and only you as he would do your bidding just as
the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted
to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and
I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to
be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the
people and dropped a transformer too weak to
carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light
hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show
you that you would have just empowered an
individual yoruba instead of the whole of them.
What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit
the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your
government enriches individuals only. We are not
like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their
tribes men political posts. What we want are
developments. Am glad you failed in installing
mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of
thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is
delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing
obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you
associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug
barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you
disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane
nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am
sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes
anymore.

Stop barking like a sick dog. I am no supporter of GEJ and based on your comments, how are you sure you wont shed this same tears if paradventure GEJ is out and Buhari in after 2015 elections? Bros, the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know...so they say. Buhari even has worst leadership record than GEJ, so what are you telling us?

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by eledacedar(f): 6:04am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

So GEJ has the support of the South West rulers?

Na only Osun state rulers o. Alaafin nko? Alake nko? Olubadan no? There are many more bigwig rulers who are neutral.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by zizytd(m): 6:05am On Nov 29, 2014
Am a south-easterner, but I ask my fellow brothers that support gej, what has gej done for us? practically nothing. Please name one good federal road in d south east. We should wake up from our sleep. Gej can't give me any reasonable reason to vote him.

11 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Andibot(m): 6:10am On Nov 29, 2014
The major trouble still lies ahead which is; what if Buhari emerges as a presidential candidate? To me I can't vote him Cos he'll use the 1st term fighting his rivals n installing party members hence there'll be zero national development or progress. Anyway I'll prefer to choose d lesser evil. The devil u know...
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by cashkid: 6:10am On Nov 29, 2014
RedBenson:

Stop barking like a sick dog. I am no supporter of GEJ and based on your comments, how are you sure you wont shed this same tears if paradventure GEJ is out and Buhari in after 2015 elections? Bros, the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know...so they say. Buhari even has worst leadership record than GEJ, so what are you telling us?
U are talking rubbish, provide evidence for your baseless beer parlour assumptions. Which foolish devil are u talking about here? we prefer to vote the angel we dont knw this time around. smhh!!!!

11 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by yomanovic: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2014
neuljosh:
Sai GEJ till APC stop patronizing recycled criminals

Both the picture and your statement are just an irony of the PDP.

5 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by eleko1: 6:14am On Nov 29, 2014
sad sad sadNo wonder,whoever tag'ged' jonaTAN as a Kindergarten president is on point.THis is a scam @ it best,sound like I dnt have shoe story he knack us 3 years ago.Make FEB 14 click sharp sharp make we do the needful,no time

6 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Ohibenemma(m): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2014
I have a big grouse with the opposition in this country; they have been so conditioned by their opposition leaders that they think all their problems are caused by the party controlling the Federal Government. They berate actions depending on the source, not the impact. Minimal school fees hike are condemned once it's the Fed Govt that's involved; yet the case suddenly gets rationalized and justified when their state govts are responsible. Poor roads are summarily condemned once they are 'federal' roads while they look the other way when such roads are of their states. Educational standards are poor nationwide, yet some conveniently pick out one party as being responsible. It appears silly to be so myopic in reasoning...I see their leaders shouting 'change' and I wonder the direction the change will be - from steadfast governance to massive propaganda? From party primaries to mischievous endorsements? From projects the people can see and touch to projects over-hyped by the media?
The list is endless and sickening. The opposition builds a stadium of regional standards and the publicity goes viral; the ruling party builds one of international standards and the opposition cries 'missplaced priorities'. And gullible Nigerians, feeling wise and informed, will quickly reecho such. It has to come from one part of the divide to be accepted, it has to come from one part of the divide to be 'progressive'.
Is this the way forward? No party in Nigeria today is good, some individuals may have stood out, but... Understanding this will help us to objectively consider issues, rather than acting like laboratory animals manipulated by certain elites, and set to be discarded when the experiment is over.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by condralbede(m): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2014
Dailyfavour:
He can do himself favour and drop the ambition, six years already, what else? Is it a family seat? Nigerian are saying NOOOOO...
Can Six years be compared to the years the northerners have ruled this great country??Is it their birth rightThe northerner will never rule us again, Nigerian are saying NOOOOO....

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by kennylawd: 6:16am On Nov 29, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]Don't sell your right to vote wisely for a 'wrapper' that can't guarantee portable water!

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by kennylawd: 6:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Don't sell your right to vote wisely for a 'wrapper' that can't guarantee portable water!

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Akinsz: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2014
owobokiri:

So by saying that the SE is the pillar of his administration - an obvious attempt by a typical politician to ingratiate himself with his immidiate audience- the president is now "denigrating" other parts of the country?? Where is the insult that you all see in such a mild empty praise? He just praised the south west as the bastion of the countrys economy. I guess borrowing a leaf from you, I should feel insulted since I am not from the sw!? A politian can't praise his immediate audience again , something every politician does, simply because we have as an opposition in this country, a louquacious bunch of clannish thinkers!? This horrible mentality and approach to national issues by your likes is so nauseatingly retrogressive!
story for the gods.. Gej should forget sw, we are not monkeys that can be fooled with banana. Sai buhari! Sai buhari!! Sai buhari!!!

10 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by recentelder(m): 6:24am On Nov 29, 2014
If everybody hates mr president ,I then ask ,on what ground? The man has been trying his best I think.I can boast of 20hrs light per day in my area. Rail has resurfaced itself to limelight.see the handwriting on tje wall and learn from history that even if apc assumes office it wl b worst based on the people that form the party now
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by msmon(m): 6:28am On Nov 29, 2014
Lemme read the full story, I will come back and comment!

*Modified*

I reserve my comment, coz I don't want to be banned permanently on this forum.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by juman(m): 6:29am On Nov 29, 2014
drey076:
Enough is enough of pdp dominatn, we want change

You are right.

President jonathan government is a failure.

6 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Muscomide: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2014
Yoruba ro'nu! Yoruba ro'nu! Yoruba ro'nu!

How dare Ebenezer Babatope speak of Jonathan in the same breath as the late great sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. If, as Babatope claims, Awo prophesied the emergence of a Nigerian President of South-south extraction, I am sure Awo did not foresee one as inept, divisive, clannish and regressive as Jonathan. Awolowo must be turning in his grave at what his beloved Nigeria has become today under the misrule of the PDP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by AcidosisMega: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2014
Obasanjo spent 8years and he built Ota farm & Bells University for the South West people. cool

Under your administration:
Lagos-Ibadan expressway is a work in progress

Ekiti now has a Federal University with ultra-modern facilities

Electricity has improved

Improved workers salary

CAC' office in Lagos has registered more businesses in your administration - 10 times greater than Obj's administration

Under your administration, the number of cars in Lagos has exponentially increased. Infact, FRSC had to increase capacity (both human and physical infrastructure by a 100 fold).

Corp members now compete with their counterparts in the civil service.

+ many others I cannot type here.
Our people should keep deceiving themselves and pretend all they want. smiley

Ondo, Ekiti & Ogun people will massively vote for you, sir. Osun's vote will be divided even though Tinubu promised to use Charms,Sango & Oya.

...not everyone in Lagos wipes Tinubu's a.rse. If the Yorubas in Lagos refuse to vote for you; a large percentage of Igbos & non-yorubas will.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 6:34am On Nov 29, 2014
Mr President comments about Tambuwal is nasty

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Lilaex: 6:36am On Nov 29, 2014
It is either the person under me is stup.id or illiteracy is at it peak. The leaders of south west are endorsing him and u are hear saying crap!

yinparc:
Jonathan no way 4 u in south west.come 2015.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by donmalcolm21(m): 6:37am On Nov 29, 2014
The SW will vote massively for GEJ in 2015 because they know Tinubu has destructive policy to enrich himself rather than the betterment of the SW

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Akinsz: 6:37am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
am nt defendin him but do u think he can solve all dis or beta still anyone can? 1.200 girls missin shows our low level security since 558Bc so dat can happen to any president . 2. Wen A dollar was N1 and wen it tilted, we kill d president den? 3. Federal skools are tiution free ask ur state government to reduce theirs 4. Low Standard of living? has always been a tale of d white man of d african nation but still d standard were never grt or even medium b4, people dey work and dey are gettin richer in dis country, no food for lazy man! 5. BH is a new chalenge to d Nigerian government or even to its people, and i believe we wil get stronger in d area of security! No vex am nt defendin Gej but all am sayin is cut d man some slack! Only u can change ur life!
this pdpian can do better than okupe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Dasuki Reading Newspaper In Court / 7 Reasons Why Nigeria Should Have Abstained From The UN Jerusalem Vote - ETimes / An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.