Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,551 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan (36055 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by tomakint: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

So GEJ has the support of the South West rulers?
My brother leave all those worthless children of the corn crying 'Yorubas hate Jonathan' I can assure you as a Yoruba man that Jonathan is going pull the highest votes in Southwest among the Presidential contenders.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by GboyegaD(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2014
macof:

Actually Johnathan as president can influence members of his party at the house to elect the speaker

He can only influence thus, he cannot make such assertive statement like he did.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Isi okpukpu, Hausa being made the language of communication in the Army was the handiwork of the colonial masters for the use of codes in communication. No Hausa man did it.

I guess you are too young to know what Dodan barracks is.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OLADD: 10:23am On Nov 29, 2014
calebo101:
All of them attacking Jonathan for reasons I don't know undecided.

If this man is so much hated and despised like this then indeed he must be frustrating some people's efforts and for that I respect him!

GEJ till 2019 smiley...

Then South East till 2027 grin.

[color=#006600][/color]

You are right friend. Many do not know how GEJ has dealt with politicians (mostly of northern extraction) by expunging millions of GHOST WORKERS from the civil service. That has been a major conduit pipe through which billions of Nigerian money was been drained into personal pockets. Few are also unaware that perennial FERTILIZER fraud been used by northern politicians to butter their breads at the expense of their own people has been blocked by Jonathan through the efficient Agric Minister. These are some of the reasons why the north is hell bent in BRINGING-OUR-GOVERNMENT-BACK. Those are some of the "sins" Jonathan has committed and that's why Boko Haram was unleashed on him.

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by chaberry(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do
when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba
amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were
seated there urging them on as they ridiculed
awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to
come when you visited a great university named
after him, as the students chanted and called you
and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan
expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the
junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly
realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help
you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the
SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of
your government as you proudly announced to the
world as if they were the only regions you that got
you elected. Even if they were, should a president
be making such divisive statements? I was never a
tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We
are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we
yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for
the huge political relevance we are enjoying today.
Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there
via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured
you and only you as he would do your bidding just as
the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted
to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and
I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to
be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the
people and dropped a transformer too weak to
carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light
hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show
you that you would have just empowered an
individual yoruba instead of the whole of them.
What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit
the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your
government enriches individuals only. We are not
like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their
tribes men political posts. What we want are
developments. Am glad you failed in installing
mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of
thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is
delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing
obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you
associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug
barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you
disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane
nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am
sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes
anymore.
WORD, Wish my fellow igbo have this same ideology, this man wouldn't be expecting our vote
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Stoical: 10:32am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
anymore.

My friend...sorry about the pains and disappointment you may have experienced under the government of GEJ. You have the right to vent your frustrations, ofcourse you do. But, hold the so-called western leaders to be accountable. Some of the names you mentioned, Bankole, Etteh et al. Did GEJ put them there? You seem to forget that OBJ had his hands on their becoming who they where!! Come on! Are you seriously saying that even with the divisive nature of our persons, regions and political views, that this man has done "NOTHING" good that you've heard, even if you've not seen? Well, I myself do agree he has perform so below par and I continue to highlight these, whenever opportune to. My friend, we can only claim not to be tribalistic when we have left our kins and have settled in other part of Nigeria, even if for a year. Atleast, then we'll understand the feelings and reasoning of this entity called Nigeria. If you haven't, then sorry to say, you will never have a better scope of what other regions yearn of or think like.

So, for emphasis, I dare say that GEJ, given a conducive and supportive environment, without no negative distracting interference from me, you, "god-fathers", miscreants, etc, can perform better than he has done.

I so submit with the hope that you've drop your emotions and argue factually against any of my statements and not resort to abuses... Meanwhile, Yoruba Tribe will still vote for Jonathan, so when you say "we", I think its a fallacy.

Cheers and have a beautiful weekend! wink
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

I guess you are to young to know what Dodan barracks means.
I've read a lot of books on the Nigerian Army. Dodan Barracks was the seat of government from January 1966 to December 1991. The name, Dodan was gotten from Burma, one of the places our soldiers fought during the First World War during which the use of Hausa was compulsory. No com here com teach me nonsense.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 29, 2014
1. Needless to remind the President that PDP had 220 members in the house of
representatives against the backdrop of 140 by the opposition as at the time
Tambuwal was elected speaker. So he should stop attributing his failure and that
of the PDP to the opposition
2. He had the power to appoint ministers, which credible ministry did he allocate
to SW, he failed where he had the powers to make Ministerial appointments and
he's crying wolf he where doesn't have the powers. Moreover does he even has
the constitutional power to appoint the speaker of the house of representatives.
3.He should kindly stop this his movement of 'Argumentum ad Misericordiam',
trying to cajole his countrymen. what he couldn't do in appointment, he should
atleast make up in development and infrastructure.
4. Fayose self don turn saint, saying he had 300,000 naira so where did he get
money to buy form for election, Needless to remind him of his Virtual Poultry
project.
5. This president has failed we the itsekiri people, failing to commission our
project just because tompolo & his kinsmen threatened him. Ijaws do not own
Gbaramatu Kingdom make una dey hear ooo.
6. As for Jimoh who couldn't win even his ward in ondo state while contesting
for Governor is talking about delivering 7 million. I served in that state so I know
of his irrelevancy in the political landscape.

Even the so called Progressives don't even represent the change we need,
accommodating all the corrupt waste product of PDP.
APC=PDP=looting continues=corruption continues=business as usual

N.B: Look at the calibre of men who even surrounded him, Bode George, Gbenga
Daniel, Ayo fayose, Omisore et Al. Bunch of criminals
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OLADD: 10:37am On Nov 29, 2014
GboyegaD:
Is he that he doesn't know it was the house that elected the speaker and had nothing to do with his choice? Now I agree GEJ doesn't have an idea what democracy reallyis and he is only there by chance and a prosper misfit.
[color=#006600][/color]

Rather you are the one that deserves some tutelage on the workings of Nigerian democracy. From the first Republic until 2011, the major political positions vis-a-vis President, VP, Senate President and Speaker had always been spread and shared among the various geopolitical zones of the country and that informed PDP's decision to zone the position of the speaker to the southwest to avoid cry of marginalisation before Tambuwwal in collaboration with Tinubu selfishly did the unthinkable. A Yoruba woman was nominated by PDP (being the majority party in the House) for that position but Tinubu's treachery ensured it did not see light of the day.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 29, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Rather you are the one that deserves some tutelage on the workings of Nigerian democracy. From the first Republic until 2011, the major political positions vis-a-vis President, VP, Senate President and Speaker had always been spread and shared among the various geopolitical zones of the country and that informed PDP's decision to zone the position of the speaker to the southwest to avoid cry of marginalisation before Tambuwwal in collaboration with Tinubu selfishly did the unthinkable. A Yoruba woman was nominated by PDP (being the majority party in the House) for that position but Tinubu's treachery ensured it did not see light of the day.

U're wrong bro..... PDP had 220 members against opposition's 140 comprising of ACN APGA LP ACCORD. So how come Tambuwal won with 253 votes
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You mean the same Yoruba tribe he described as having rascals during his campaign in Ibadan in 2011? One thing the President is unaware of is that Yoruba people respect their oba, but no oba can lord anything on his subjects. If he tries it, it will be resisted. In my Government classes in secondary school, I learnt that one of the reasons the Indirect Rule didn't record much success was because of the academic advancement of the Yoruba people which made them, unlike the Hausa/Fulani, resisted any oba that tried to lord anything on them.
i dont care abt wat e said, but dat very statement has no tribal stand! He will stil win south west because nobody likes buhari in south west! Except for his party members! South west is an undecided zone in terms of canditates for presidency so he is wise courtin d elites.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by zheroes(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2014
politics based on zoning is rubbish. we need competent and honest people not some ass suckers please. bring me a hen from mali if i have water, power, housing , good roads and necessary amenities who cares? if you are my brother and i lack all of that i will prefer you dead. period
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 10:45am On Nov 29, 2014
Akinsz:
this pdpian can do better than okupe.
so dude! No party affiliation! Lets nt made d same mistake ekiti people made! They removed fayose and some yrs later they voted for him again! Y? They realise dat even fayose is d best d state can offer for now! Rite now, btw atiku,buhari,Gej...who else? I wud go wit Gej again..d remainin two Make dem share car as campeign material i no fit collect
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Akinsz: 10:50am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
so dude! No party affiliation! Lets nt made d same mistake ekiti people made! They removed fayose and some yrs later they voted for him again! Y? They realise dat even fayose is d best d state can offer for now! Rite now, btw atiku,buhari,Gej...who else? I wud go wit Gej again..d remainin two Make dem share car as campeign material i no fit collect
that means you support curruption. All want is a change not necessary apc, it could be other party.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
i dont care abt wat e said, but dat very statement has no tribal stand! He will stil win south west because nobody likes buhari in south west! Except for his party members! South west is an undecided zone in terms of canditates for presidency so he is wise courtin d elites.
Do you stay in the South West or are you aware of the political culture of Yoruba people?
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Sajio(m): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

.. yes of course! who else other than Gej! don't go by what you read on newspaper!!! Gej till 2019..
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you stay in the South West or are you aware of the political culture of Yoruba people?
dude stop decieving urself, i av stayed in ondo,lagos and ekiti state, i can tell u they dont av! We dey talk tribe u dey talk yorubas(i b yoruba boy) . Oga tell me abt d yorubas i dont knw mayb d ones in Brazil
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
dude stop decieving urself, i av stayed in ondo,lagos and ekiti state, i can tell u they dont av! We dey talk tribe u dey talk yorubas(i b yoruba boy) . Oga tell me abt d yorubas i dont knw mayb d ones in Brazil
You're frustrated. I've studied Yoruba politics, the South West is the only part Jonathan will have difficulty because of how advanced they are.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2014
Akinsz:
that means you support curruption. All want is a change not necessary apc, it could be other party.
if u realy want change, u wont vote for pdp or apc because both of dem no fit help dis country! But the way people spew all sorts of trash against Gej baffles me!
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by bashydemy(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2014
RedBenson:

Stop barking like a sick dog. I am no supporter of GEJ and based on your comments, how are you sure you wont shed this same tears if paradventure GEJ is out and Buhari in after 2015 elections? Bros, the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know...so they say. Buhari even has worst leadership record than GEJ, so what are you telling us?
Will you shut up and close that your gutter you call mouth? I rather try thr angel i dont know cos the devil i know is doing me more harm than good... Beside can you explain the bad leadership record of Buhari?
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Btruth: 11:08am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

& who are the South-West rulers?
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Sajio(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2014
GboyegaD:
Is he that he doesn't know it was the house that elected the speaker and had nothing to do with his choice? Now I agree GEJ doesn't have an idea what democracy reallyis and he is only there by chance and a prosper misfit.
... Seems you not in Nigeria! has Nigerian politicians practised Democracy since its inception? Capital No!! and for your infor.. the president has the power to influence the process through which the houx speaker emerges if he so wishes... Gej made a very big mistake not to have foreseen all this!!
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OLADD: 11:09am On Nov 29, 2014
[/color]
OrlandoOwoh:

You're confused. If the President could say he regrets the emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker over a Yoruba, what would he say when he gets to the north, especially in the face of the current problem in the House of Representatives? Some of you need to examined your brains.
[color=#006600]
OrlandoOwoh:

You're confused. If the President could say he regrets the emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker over a Yoruba, what would he say when he gets to the north, especially in the face of the current problem in the House of Representatives? Some of you need to examined your brains.
OrlandoOwoh:

You are a shameless human being whose life is characrerised by mischief. The president had only exhibited trait of statemanship by saying the truth as against what habitual pretenders like would have done. Even the liberal northern politicians knew that the position of Speaker is a preserve for the southwest beause the VP and Senate President had gone to the northwest and north central resectively. Stop your miopism and jaundiced reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by bashydemy(m): 11:10am On Nov 29, 2014
Andibot:
The major trouble still lies ahead which is; what if Buhari emerges as a presidential candidate? To me I can't vote him Cos he'll use the 1st term fighting his rivals n installing party members hence there'll be zero national development or progress. Anyway I'll prefer to choose d lesser evil. The devil u know...
You are one of the people who keep bringing this nation down and causing us more disgrace.. Yes Buhari will fight his rival/enemies who i believe are the corrupt leathers. How about we have Buhari to tackle corruption and Fashola to develop the country... Can you list one tangible achievement of GEJ? How about Sambo?
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You're frustrated. I've studied Yoruba politics, the South West is the only part Jonathan will have difficulty because of how advanced they are.
no dude we re nt advance! We are selfish and infact somtimes stupid! Advance my yansh! The laziest tribe in d country? (yoruba) they complain witout stopin. We av d most expensive educational system nt because we have d best but because we want to milk ourselves dry.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:14am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
no dude we re nt advance! We are selfish and infact somtimes stupid! Advance my yansh! The laziest tribe in d country? (yoruba) they complain witout stopin. We av d most expensive educational system nt because we have d best but because we want to milk ourselves dry.
You're crying more than the bereaved, mr "Yoruba." Afere ti fe, ati ri furo adiye.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:16am On Nov 29, 2014
OLADD:
[/color][color=#006600]

You are a shameless human being whose life is characrerised by mischief. The president had only exhibited trait of statemanship by saying the truth as against what habitual pretenders like would have done. Even the liberal northern politicians knew that the position of Speaker is a preserve for the southwest beause the VP and Senate President had gone to the northwest and north central resectively. Stop your miopism and jaundiced reasoning.
Pele. K'o ri pe o l'ogun efori e.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Akinsz: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
if u realy want change, u wont vote for pdp or apc because both of dem no fit help dis country! But the way people spew all sorts of trash against Gej baffles me!
baffles u how?
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OLADD: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2014
goldfings:

U're wrong bro..... PDP had 220 members against opposition's 140 comprising of ACN APGA LP ACCORD. So how come Tambuwal won with 253 votes
[color=#006600][/color]

Did you bother to dissect my post at all? When the issue of two-third is been thrown up, it does not presuppose the majority party (PDP in this instance) coming out with the entire figure but with the compliment of other minority parties. As regards the issue on discuss, nobody needs any further postulations to align with PDP's resolve to have Speaker's position zoned to the southwest because of our political configuration. That's only the panacea for equity and justice since the other major positions i.e Presidency, VP and Senate Presidency had been taken up by the South south, Northwest and North central respectively. If Tinubu was patriotic enough as he erroneously claimed, the opposition should have jettisoned parochial interest for national interest by ensuring that a South westerner emerged Speaker.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by RichboyPee(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=Princess2be post=28433565][/quote]You are such an Idiot
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Btruth: 11:39am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
anymore.
Weldon ballotboxx, you've said it all. Let the likes of Oni of ife continue to sell their heritage for a port of porridge. I'm sure history will judge them all...the Bode George, Ayo Fayose, Obanikoro, Ebenezer Babatope, & host of others. We the sane generation knows that you guys are trading on us day in, day out....but I'm coming soon, saith the Lord of host. Let Jonathan come with his bags of money to come & whoo the Oba of Lagos or Oba Sikiru of ijebu-ode now. If he likes, let him (Jonathan) prostrate for every individual on the streets in favour of votes,...one thing is certain, and that was the handwriting on the wall..."MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHAR'SIN".
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OLADD: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

[color=#006600][/color]

Absolute bunkum. You mean the Southwest that disregarded Tinubu to vote for him massively in 2011?.Where Tinubu, Fasola and other APC bigwiggs lost their wards and poling booths to Jonathan? Where Jonathan did not secure more than 10% in Osun in 2011 but PDP polling more than 40% in the last guber poll in 2014? You mean those 40% voters and many more will not give Jonathan at least 25% in 2015 in Osun? Be realistic. The Ogun, Oyo, Lagos, Ekiti and Ondo people I know WILL NOT vote for Atiku or Buhari at the expense of Jonathan. I am very sure of that. All fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / Plot By 2 Governors, 1 Ex-Governor To Destabilise North Uncovered / Pictures Of President Bola Tinubu And Governor Sanwo-Olu In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.