Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? (2336 Views)

A Gift From My Friend! Should I Be Grateful Or I Should Return It Back To Him? / I Slept Wth My Gf's Bossom Friend! Should I Confess To My Bae / He Tells Everyone We're "Just Friends!"" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by YoungWiseCash: 8:17am On Nov 30, 2014
We've been friends for a year now. I get to know her through my girlfriend who's also her friend. This friend of mine always request money for her upkeep which my girl won't know about. When I have I do give her somtimes I don't. One day, I took a bold step and ask her don't she have a boyfriend, am i the. one who should be responsible for her needs? she reply she dont. And said want friends for if I can't help her. Is she right? Remember we're not into any sort of relationship and do not share any affection.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by iceberylin(m): 8:21am On Nov 30, 2014
Sow for you shall Reap tomorrow wink

1 Like

Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2014
Help her.. But i think u should let ur gf know.. Just incase.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by MisterLongman(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2014
@Op Continue to pay for goods wey you no buy

2 Likes

Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by chibwike(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2014
That one concern you
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2014
so boyfs are for upkeeps! Interesting.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2014
Even if you are her boyfriend, I don't believe you have any responsibility for her upkeep. For crying out loud, you are not her parent

It's cool if you choose to help her with the consent of your girl but you owe her no such responsibility.

1 Like

Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Princecalm(m): 8:32am On Nov 30, 2014
You are not in anyway responsible for that unless you choose to. I guess you started it all by claiming you are too nice from the beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by farano(f): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2014
"Just friends?" lol
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2014
EroticAngelina:
Help her.. But i think u should let ur gf know.. Just incase.
girls will always stand up for each other first before even taking time to assess d situation. so he should keep giving her money while someone else is shining her Congo? n u c nothing wrong in a girl continously asking a guy for money with the lame excuse that 'what r friends for if u can't help me'.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by jmoore(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2014
Post your account balance before I give you an advice.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2014
striktlymi:
Even if you are her boyfriend, I don't believe you have any responsibility for her upkeep. For crying out loud, you are not her parent

It's cool if you choose to help her with the consent of your girl but you owe her no such responsibility.
as her bf u hv a lot of responsibility for her upkeep. I can't personally date a lady who wouldn't b at least financially dependent on me for one thing or the other. Besides it's stingy for her to give u her self n all u do is sweet talk her...spend on ur woman. Infact if she asks for nothing she deserves everything.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Prixus:

as her bf u hv a lot of responsibility for her upkeep. I can't personally date a lady who wouldn't b at least financially dependent on me for one thing or the other. Besides it's stingy for her to give u her self n all u do is sweet talk her...spend on ur woman. Infact if she asks for nothing she deserves everything.

No lady owe a guy 'her self', except the lady is the guys wife.

A lady who gives herself to a guy because she feels obligated to, is very silly and unwise. You won't catch me within a mile of such a lady.

I do not owe any lady, who is not my wife, the responsibility for her upkeep. If you choose to take it as your responsibility then well and good, not me.

1 Like

Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2014
chidyhels:
other than upkeep n sex what else r they for? marriage? if na so girls won't hv so mny n bleep so many before settling down with only one.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by valmunich(m): 9:14am On Nov 30, 2014
I just don't know what to tell this Maga cool
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2014
striktlymi:

No lady owe a guy 'her self', except the lady is the guys wife.

A lady who gives herself to a guy because she feels obligated to, is very silly and unwise. You won't catch me within a mile of such a lady.

I do not owe any lady, who is not my wife, the responsibility for her upkeep. If you choose to take it as your responsibility then well and good, not me.
I c ur point. I take it u can't have a gf then...
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2014
valmunich:
lol...Bros u wicked o...u don go talk d thing wey everybody get for mind...
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by mexzony: 9:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Ode oshi
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by LEvuls(m): 10:13am On Nov 30, 2014
YoungWiseCash:
We've been friends for a year now. I get to know her through my girlfriend who's also her friend. This friend of mine always request money for her upkeep which my girl won't know about. When I have I do give her somtimes I don't. One day, I took a bold step and ask her don't she have a boyfriend, am i the. one who should be responsible for her needs? she reply she dont. And said want friends for if I can't help her. Is she right? Remember we're not into any sort of relationship and do not share any affection.

OP its a question of am i responsible for Down keeps grin

If u do then anything she asks for shouldnt be a worry to you grin

1 Like

Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Booty4me: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2014
Starting what you can't finish.. Dude can't keep up .. Niggar want out heheh tongue
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by gonon: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dude, I just have one question. Are you her only friend? Even if you are, you must stop this useless act immediately whether you have a girlfriend or not. How can someone use "friendship" as a means to extort you and you agree? 1) Friends are not parasites. You had better unfriend her in your interest.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by YoungWiseCash: 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
jmoore:
Post your account balance before I give you an advice.
If I post the screenshot of my account balance you will be moved to require for my address. lol
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by YoungWiseCash: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
valmunich:
....talking as if you are different.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by YoungWiseCash: 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
gonon:
Dude, I just have one question. Are you her only friend? Even if you are, you must stop this useless act immediately whether you have a girlfriend or not. How can someone use "friendship" as a means to extort you and you agree? 1) Friends are not parasites. You had better unfriend her in your interest.
putting what you said in consideration.. I think you hav a point in what you said.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by valmunich(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
YoungWiseCash:
....talking as if you are different.
I bet you're the OP

Mister get this straight, you're the greatest Maga ever liveth trust me. .. How can you allow someone extort you in the name of 'friendship'

Don't you have a family member to help
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Hexzyz(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
A little generosity, they want to take full advantage. That is why I grow wary of them. :-(
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by YoungWiseCash: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
valmunich:

I bet you're the OP

Mister get this straight, you're the greatest Maga ever liveth trust me. .. How can you allow someone extort you in the name of 'friendship'

Don't you have a family member to help
Don't want to reply you with the tune you used. Two people can't be mad at the same time. that's you own point of veiw.. Thanks. anyway for your opinion.
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by wordbank(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
chidyhels:
In fact I'm confused undecided

1 Like

Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Prixus:

girls will always stand up for each other first before even taking time to assess d situation. so he should keep giving her money while someone else is shining her Congo? n u c nothing wrong in a girl continously asking a guy for money with the lame excuse that 'what r friends for if u can't help me'.
dont be stupid! I didnt say it was right u i diot undecided i just said he can help her, but he should consult his gf first. What if the case was reversed? She will help him. We should help others if we can and have the money. Its selfish guys like u that later become poor (if ur not already poor sef) in future because of how stingy and self centered u were to others. So he must shine her congo bfor he helps her?? U see how stupidd u sound? Peverted humanbeing. Mtchew
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
EroticAngelina:
dont be stupid! I didnt say it was right u i diot undecided i just said he can help her, but he should consult his gf first. What if the case was reversed? She will help him. We should help others if we can and have the money. Its selfish guys like u that later become poor (if ur not already poor sef) in future because of how stingy and self centered u were to others. So he must shine her congo bfor he helps her?? U see how stupidd u sound? Peverted humanbeing. Mtchew
I'm sorry. I don't trade insults on NL...
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Evina(f): 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
Why are you guys calling the op unflattering names? Do you guys not see his moniker? "Youngwisecash".

I beg op carry on, she must chop your money, chop your money, chop your money cos you don't care. cool
Re: We're Just Friend; Should I Be Responsible For Her Up-keeps? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Prixus:

I'm sorry. I don't trade insults on NL...
whatevs, just dont quote me ever again. I dont chit-chat with lame ppl on nl.thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea. / Do Rapist Really Deserve To Die? / Fact About Ladies Who Expect Nothing In Return From Guys That Give Them Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.