Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. (26773 Views)

How Your Temperament Affects Your Relationship / How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. / Temperament N Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by avuekwe(f): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
whitemosquito:
Lol. Iv long knwn abt this temp ish...

Bf's a Phleg-chlor.. While Im drawn to him because he's gentle, and softspoken, the Phleg in him makes him nonchalant when it comes to things that are important to me. His choleric nature causes him to take decisions concerning us without asking my opinion; though when I have a problem he's quick to help, he usually keeps his problems frm me. Lol.
When we argue-which he avoids carefully- he's veeerry quick to apologize unfortunately, he'll go ahead and do the same thing again!! Its crazy!
Lol. I love every bit of him though.
Im a Mel-chlor, but you can hardly tell cos Iv worked hard on my weaknesses. Still a work in progress sha.

Ur bf resembles someone from my past life.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Alexk2(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
i'm a confimed phleg...and i'm proud to be one.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by AdaBekee1(f): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
this phlegmatic describe me finish, then a little melancholy.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by tpraiz(m): 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
DAVE5:

most of u french dudes are probably sanguine

friggin attention seekers,
meanwhile they neva see plane tyre 'upclose n personal' b4, dem dey claim France
. Sowie bro:::::::U r Roung// #Peace
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Blakyclyde(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
dechandel:

I am so the melancholic type
Everything there describes me.. Except the last statement of the number 8.. Ewww

But that number 6 n 7 is so not me.. Nah
We've got this one thing in common--MELANCHOLY but I often wonder why we didn't click. Anyway, I blame myself for not spotting you earlier enough.
To the topic:
I enjoy being alone most of the time with my e-gadgets, but self-servicing?!
WTF?!
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by franzis(m): 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
I don't know which one I fall into, but temperament has caused me 2 relationships in a space of 1 month
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by dechandel(f): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
Blakyclyde:

We've got this one thing in common--MELANCHOLY but I often wonder why we didn't click. Anyway, I blame myself for not spotting you earlier enough.
To the topic:
I enjoy being alone most of the time with my e-gadgets, but self-servicing?!
WTF?!

Lol
Good things never last long enough grin
The blame is all on you tongue
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
emusmith:

If you hardly concentrate... that means you might hardly concentrate on laying a neatly arranged bed... jus saying...
u r right, but I still do things well despite my lack of concentration. What I'm trying to say it that sanguine are very palyful that does not mean that they can't do things right
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
MISSCONGENIALITY:
u r right, but I still do things well despite my lack of concentration. What I'm trying to say it that sanguine are very palyful that does not mean that they can't do things right
If you were concentrating...lol...you would have seen where I wrote it can be controlled in that people develop... jus kidding...
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
franzis:
I don't know which one I fall into, but temperament has caused me 2 relationships in a space of 1 month

lol
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
AdaBekee1:
this phlegmatic describe me finish, then a little melancholy.

hmmmmm...because phleg has its good sides listed ba?
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Blakyclyde(m): 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
dechandel:

Lol
Good things never last long enough grin
The blame is all on you tongue
We all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by whitemosquito(f): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
avuekwe:

Ur bf resembles someone from my past life.
Lol.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by halix239(f): 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
IM A SANGUIN but gud at arguing
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
halix239:
IM A SANGUIN but gud at arguing

If your bf is short tempered he myt take many of the arguments too serious
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by AdaBekee1(f): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
emusmith:

hmmmmm...because phleg has its good sides listed ba?

not that, its just me. but i'm moody most times and i stay alone more often than with people
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
AdaBekee1:

not that, its just me. but i'm moody most times and i stay alone more often than with people

Why moody? Are you the shy type?
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by ayusbobs(m): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
eyitayomibetty:
i think am more of plegmatici think am more of plegmatici think am more of plegmatic
Am a cool temper guy...kindly check ur mail
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Chinoble(f): 12:26am On Dec 09, 2014
emusmith:

If you hardly concentrate... that means you might hardly concentrate on laying a neatly arranged bed... jus saying...
dnt say dat
dat a san dnt always concentrate does not mean dat they cnt wen dey wanto.
Using myself as an example, i notice many tinz but i only concentrate on the ones i wanto.
Sans work like network service.
Example, no matter how late or tired i am, i dnt forget to arrange my room before going out. But how neat depends on my mood dat day(but the main tin z dat i must arrange it).
I can be very careful or very careless #depends#
ppl see us as not concentrating cus das how we want them to see it. We can concentrate and do tinz perfectly dan any other person if we wanto, we can point out wat the problem is, we can give u guildlines nd good tips to do something, we can remember a lot if we want, we knw d perfect strategy to tackle one problem or make tinz happen, we can do dat work 100% well and fast, but d problem is dat we dnt really want/ve time to do all dat. Not because we cnt, but becus we dnt wanto.
#dia r many other tinz to do jare#
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Gelco(f): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2014
I'm so melphleg. Some of these melancholy traits ain't me though. Like 6&7.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2014
Gelco:
I'm so melphleg. Some of these melancholy traits ain't me though. Like 6&7.

*runs to check dictionary*
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by dein77(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
No wonder I behave the way I do....Sanguine.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Hannibie: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2014
emusmith:

Temperament, I deduce, is a natural and innate disposition a person has or hold concerning issues of life.

It is the Principal Factor behind your actions and reactions to everyone you come intact with especially In Your Relationships.

Below are Four Categories Of Temperament And How It Affects Our Relationships.

At least We All Belong To Two... ( A little of this, much of that)

PLEASE, ACCESS YOURSELF AND THOSE YOU'RE IN RELATIONSHIP WITH TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THEM BETTER!

(Your relationship is at the mercy of the level of understanding you have about the one whom you love)

THE MELANCHOLY.

1. They hold themselves and others in unrealistic high standards and gets distressed when those standards aren't met.

What else is the cause behind most heart breaks? I expected him to understand. He lacks it. He is immature!
We are humans, sister!

2. Their perfectionist attitude allows them to be inquisitive.

When your gf is inquisitive, you're in for a lot explanation.
Girls too must learn to speak straight abeg! Shey una NO na really NO?

3. They're very stubborn because they feel their view is relevant than yours.

Hahaha! Them full NL scarra...

4. They're very picky.

# I hand the mic over to our pretty ladies over 30+ whom have had the opportunities#

#clears throat #

5. They argue a lot using logic, reason, evidence, explanations, delivered analytically or with pleading.

I almost called this nagging but I saw "reason"...
Nagging is unreasonable!

6. They reply poorly to compliments from people.

You tell them "they're beautiful" and they reply you, "stop flattering me or iffa hear" lol

7. They blame themselves for every mistake.

They red handedly catch their bf cheating. They say it is over. After 3 months, they are still saying, "it's my fault" I will never forgive myself!

Otondo!

8. They are Loners.

They enjoy being with themselves more than with others. They can a whole day on their bed with their phones. (This makes them susceptible to Self Servicing)

9. They're very emotional.

The guys are moved by beauty.

For the ladies, Their level of mood swing is HIGH!
Expect them to toy with your feelings at times.

10. They respond to things they dislike with tears rather than with rage. They're also often moody!

The girls are quick to shed tears if offended or embarrassed... Tata!

SANGUINE

1. They're social extroverts.

Walking with them on the way, get ready to always wait for them because they have to stop by to greet their "fans".

2. They're not picky about who they know.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry is their friend as long as you're lively and exuberant.

3. They're talkers more than they're listeners.

Haha! Their favorite phrase is "sorry to cut you short" lol!
You know them na...

4. They can't be confided upon.

Don't trust them with your secrets please! They are flippant with their tongue!

5. Interacting with them the first time is like you've always known them all your life.

Have you met someone like that?

6. They forgive quickly.

They're the type that say, I hate you! But, the next minute, they apologize.

7. They have a good sense of humour.

They're no comedians but have a funny meaning to every thing you say.

8. They're good motivators.

Being cheerful, they hate to see you troubled. They motivate you to cheer up.

9. They're not identified with neatness.

They are often unkempt and disorganized, especially their rooms. Why? They live for the present. Who is coming to your mind?

10. They open silly threads to get attention.

They're attention seekers. In NL, they'll quote you wrongly just to attract people to them.

Do you know any NLder like that? lol

CHOLERIC

1. They're proud and egoistic.

Saying "I'm sorry" is lost in their vocabulary. They're proud to claim they're proud.

2. They're Control Freaks.

They always want control others. Mostly, men are guilty of this.

3. They don't make request. They give commands.

You be sohja ni?

4. They often begin their sentence with, "Hey, look!" or " Listen to Me!"

Is your bf like this?

5. They're forceful in their approach to problems. They don't celebrate Pity Parties.

#good trait#

6. They can lie just to maintain their position.

Prestige is everything to them and they can betray you for it.

7. They speak their minds but don't mind their speech.

It is such people you have to remind, "Mind your tongue"

8. Cholerics are independent.

They rather starve than show signs that they need you. IMAGINE YOU HAVE A CHOLERIC WIFE THAT YOU'RE LOGGERHEADS WITH and it's bed time!!

9. They're the BOSS!

They're mostly leaders and directors. They lead and aspire to lead in higher places in any organization, even the Church!

10. A lot of them are bullies.

PHLEGMATIC

1. Phlegmatic are meek, submissive introverts who love to please others- I love this one! Lol!

They're sacrificial.

2. They're peace people.

They've got no violent bone in them. Conflict terrifies them. They can forget their money with you- Girls be like, Nice one!

3. They don't believe they know it all.

They are confirmation of the quote, "Those who have so much to offer hardly believe in themselves".

What a pity!

4. They're well behaved and obedient to rules.

At work, they don't break the rules. They love their wives and don't cheat on her.

5. They apologize quickly.

This is their ™.

6. They're trustworthy in keeping to their promises.

They're no politicians... But they shouldn't join politics o!

7. Their language is full of uncertainty like, "I guess, I think, Maybe, Perhaps" etc.

They're indecisive!

8. They're almost immune to getting angry.

Catching them in an angry mode is almost impossible.

9. They enjoy time alone. However, they're much "nicer" and more friendly and social tthan the melancholics.

10. They're the ones you call the "nice" guys or the "nice" girls.

They are givers, helpers and sacrificial.

What else do you need from a nice guy?

NOTE: This list isn't perfect even as people change and improve upon their previous lifestyles.

Where do you or your fiancé/ crush fall?

I'm phleg and my fiance is as well, we have a very enviable relationship because of our temperament, ability to keep the communication line open always and because we both are willing to make it work with God's grace as our anchor. Phlegs are wonderful beings, you can't help but love them.

Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
ireneony:
yeah just take away my phone, that is my greatest punishment

What if you are left with a phone that has no Internet connectivity?
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Stephxoblessed(f): 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
I am definitly melancholy but i dnt self service oo.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
Stephxoblessed:
I am definitly melancholy but i dnt self service oo.

@bolded Lol abeg wats the meaning?
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Stephxoblessed(f): 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
ShahzadNonso:

@bolded Lol abeg wats the meaning?
i think that question should be directed to the op.he should be in the best position to answer that.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 12, 2014
Most male phlegmatic are weak men,because they are too kind,compromising and hesitant. People take them for granted because they hardly react.

Female phleg. Are the best set of wives one can ever get,because they are naturally submissive.

The phleg. Temperament is not good 4 a man @all. All male phleg shud work on their weakness, that's the only way pple will respect dem. Though they're like able, respect is more better for a man.

I hate phleg temp, chol is the best for a man.
The Phleg temp is too feminine.
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 12, 2014
Phleg are too passive, indecissive and like being told what to do, this make others to see them as doormat and command them.

Most male phleg are controlled by their wives, because they inborn followers, not leaders.

It's d worst temp on earth for a man, but likely to be best in heaven, because they possess God's nature;humility, kindness, self control.......
Re: How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Stephxoblessed:

i think that question should be directed to the op.he should be in the best position to answer that.

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Who Married Herself Considers Divorce The Following Day / Ladies Share Their Amazing Backside Photos As Yansh Trends (top Photos) / Best Gift you can Give To A Rich Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.