Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries (56710 Views)

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES / Live Photos and Updates Of Apc's Presidential Rally In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by finni(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
AniTech:
I wont talk much.

Has anyone noticed that Ambode didn't campaign much, his posters were not even much in d public bt if he wins which I knw the chances re high then this primary is a case of dead on arrival for the rest of d contestants.

I just feel sorry for the likes of Tokunboh wahab , Hamzat nd d rst dey tried.

Lets wait and see the end sha!

Are you for real? Are you out of Lagos? Ambode has been the most vibrant in terms of publicity among the candidates. Sasore only came out beaming of late.

3 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Frankestein08(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
himkers:
If they don't vote in an Ibo man in Lagos come 2015, we will cripple the economy of that state; it's not a threat o! Its for real.

seriously bruh, stop downgrading igbos with your stupidly. you ain't no igbo man but if you are and you're talking like this then you're a disgrace to your father and your fatherland. Gutless, witless, dumb schmuck.

11 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by AniTech(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
mapet:
My brother stop saying what you don't know. Ambode has campaigned much more than others in my own opinion. Ambode even invited the public to his series of "FTF Leadership Series with Akinwunmi Ambode".

The problem with most folks is that, we all regurgitate false/wrong information. If Ambode wins today, we should watch out for him during series of gubernatorial debates.

Thank God u said "in your own opinion" every one has a right to his\her opinion. I'm not denying the fact that he must have campaigned than others all I am sayin is that frm my observation he Ambode has done his homework well, dine with d right people and not just making noise abt his ambition in public.

In my opinion he did d ryt tin... Light and proper campaign bt deep in d engine so as to get results.

If only u can decipher!!!
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by philips70(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
You and I know that is not feasible in 2015

Deputy governor for an Ibo man in Lagos wouldn't be a bad idea. They could work towards that and coast home to easy victory in the general elections.

1 Like

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
finni:

The news was on national TVs; I saw it on Channels TV.

If so, then its probably the handwork of the impunitive Amaechi protesting Wike as guber candidate.
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Chimezie250(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
finni:

GOS? Are you for real? I'm sure GOS could not win Mushin LGA chairmanship election if he try it again talk less of him winning Lagos Guber election.
the guy is popular just that he lack the backing of Jagaban n Fashola
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
philips70:

Deputy governor for an Ibo man in Lagos wouldn't be a bad idea. They could work towards that and coast home to easy victory in the general elections.
Any party that adopts this will lose by a very wide margin

5 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by micklplus(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
It is never late in Politics as long as you know your way. Fashola was a laaaate comer in 2007

Very correct! I think Ambode will land the ticket sha.
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by finni(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
It is never late in Politics as long as you know your way. Fashola was a laaaate comer in 2007

Yes o, the power of incumbency could come to play but the delegates, I believe we follow the GENEROUS man and we all know who that would be between Tinubu and Fashola.
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
micklplus:

Very correct! I think Ambode will land the ticket sha.
That is correct, and he will make an Excellent Governor if elected

1 Like

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by mapet: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
well, I concede I can't decipher..... I speak real not cryptography...

All you said still boils down to the same issue, Ambode vigorously campaigned more than the others. The only person that comes close in terms of campaign is Hamzat, not even Shasore...
AniTech:

Thank God u said "in your own opinion" every one has a right to his\her opinion. I'm not denying the fact that he must have campaigned than others all I am sayin is that frm my observation he Ambode has done his homework well, dine with d right people and not just making noise abt his ambition in public.

In my opinion he did d ryt tin... Light and proper campaign bt deep in d engine so as to get results.

If only u can decipher!!!

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
finni:

Yes o, the power of incumbency could come to play but the delegates, I believe we follow the GENEROUS man and we all know who that would be between Tinubu and Fashola.
You are correct. Tinubu though may be seen as imposing, but one thing we can't take away from him is that he has helped lots of people to political prominence. He enjoys lots of goodwill on that, the delegates are in his kitty

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
I expect Musliu Obanikoro to fly PDP ticket with the running mate coming from Bode George's camp. I fear a United PDP because already GOS and other camps within the APC are feeling bitter against Tinubu. Fashola should be allowed to nominate the Deputy Governor so as to give him sense of belonging because he brought a lot of credibility to ACN(APC) in Lagos and the SW. An aggrieved Fashola will spell doom for Lagos State APC... Remember what happened in 2011 LG polls where PDP took ACN by storm. This time, I expect a tough fight from the PDP Camp

Obanikoro may not get the PDP ticket.

Jimi Agbaje is the one GEJ asked to be given the ticket and Bode George/Ogunlewe are doing everything to follow the body language of the El Failure

Infact the States Assembly primaries of PDP was largely dominated/won by the Bode George group with Koro group taking no more than 10 slots out of possible 40.......Koro's child was tactically compensated by the BG and allowed to win owing to his 'loss' of the Chairmanship election to APC

Be that as it may,there is a massive revolt and internal dissension against allowing an Agbaje come from no where to pick the ticket and most PDP candidates even the ones on the fringes are united in that regards

Expect ruckus and royal rumble at the PDP Primaries and even the aftermath

The powers that be in Aso Rock are not looking at Koro's side this time

1 Like

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by finni(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
My friend I want to assume that you followed 2007. Many things changed...
1. The furore against Tinubu over imposition of Remi in 2011 is still there
2. GOS bloc(though overrated) are angry and bitter over the 2007 ish
3. Obanikoro has not lost much political followership, people in Lagos Island still respect him. In fact, Jide was declared winner of LG polls by the Court in 2011, though a higher court upturned it.
4. Unlike 2007, PDP looks to be more united, joining of forces with aggrieved APC aspirants may yield Ogun 2011, Oyo 2011 and Ekiti 2014 outcome.

My point is APC must be very careful... but like you said, BAT and BRF must work hand in hand if they don't want to lose Lagos

I agree with most of your points but the item 4. The PDP I see in Lagos of today has never be this divided as they now show it openly unlike in 2011 when Bode George pretended to support Koro why reverse was the case.

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by dridowu: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Epe Delegate

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
You are correct. Tinubu though may be seen as imposing, but one thing we can't take away from him is that he has helped lots of people to political prominence. He enjoys lots of goodwill on that, the delegates are in his kitty

He is the only living Nigerian politician that I trust his political judgments.....all his political calculations always hit the bull-eye. grin

I may sound a bit patronizing, but if you ask me to pick between his political judgment and OBJ's ....I will pick his without hesitation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by finni(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
sirman:

If so, then its probably the handwork of the impunitive Amaechi protesting Wike as guber candidate.

Amechi must be that powerful to be the one controlling even the PDP folks in Rivers State. Kudos to him then.

1 Like

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Change2015(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
himkers:
If they don't vote in an Ibo man in Lagos come 2015, we will cripple the economy of that state; it's not a threat o! Its for real.
Joker
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by philips70(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Any party that adopts this will lose by a very wide margin

Have the Igbos been declared persona non grata in Lagos state or what is your reason? Even when votes count too? Please fill me in.
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
soroptimist:

Jimi Agbaje is the one GEJ asked to be given the ticket and Bode George/Ogunlewe are doing everything to follow the body language of the El Failure

Infact the States Assembly primaries of PDP was largely dominated/won by the Bode George group with Koro group taking no more than 10 slots out of possible 40.......Koro's child was tactically compensated by the BG and allowed to win owing to his 'loss' of the Chairmanship election to APC

Be that as it may,there is a massive revolt and internal dissension against allowing an Agbaje come from no where to pick the ticket and most PDP candidates even the ones on the fringes are united in that regards

I believe its on a 1st come, 1st serve basis, in the sense that Agbaje, a defectee, cannot take away the rights of someone who has been in & knows the house well, that is, Koro. Agbaje must have followed bad advice & Koro who has been very much hungry for Lagos cannot in any way backdown.

3 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Chimezie250(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
afonkluvuall:
please nobody should dissipate energy answering any bigot Ibo man who hate everybody except the bad president like GEJ simply becos GEJ put Egbere in his name. it's a total waste of time.

I hope Ambode wins if he is the best as I believe. I pray the likes of GOS accept the result so that the volcanic eruption as caused by PDP will never enter Lagos much to the pleasure of unfortunate "Ibo bigots"
abeg chill this ur comment, do you think all these people making this comment are all igbo , some are doing it just to create hatred
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
soroptimist:

Sure bro, BG is the strongest man in PDP, he has lots of followership and support. As for Jimi Agbaje, I strongly doubt if BG will forgive him and give him the ticket. Why I think BG will concede to Koro is because BG will be looking at controlling the House(assuming PDP win majority). Agbaje will be given Ribadu and Soludo treatment as usual. The main people that to my opinion to be watched out for are Obanikoro(i have the strong conviction he will fly PDP flag) and Dr. Ade Dosumu(BG's loyal boy in whom he is well pleased).

1 Like

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by mapet: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
Fashola's a big statement.
Others like Yemi Osinbajo, Muiz Banire, Ben Akabueze, Aregbesola, Tunji Bello, Dele Alake, the list goes on and on
ilugunboy:

He is the only living Nigerian politician that I trust his political judgments.....all his political calculations always hit the bull-eye. grin

I may sound a bit patronizing, but if you ask me to pick between his political judgment and OBJ's ....I will pick his without hesitation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by ichidodo: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
I can swear half the contributors here are not Lagos indigenes yet they feel or suppose that much stakeholding in this event is owed to them and curiosly still....they are quick to shout or water down any attempts for the igbo man to partake in any political activities in that no man's land...Thank Goodness we have Desmond Elliot..
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
sirman:

I believe its on a 1st come, 1st serve basis, in the sense that Agbaje, a defectee, cannot take away the rights of someone who has been in & knows the house well, that is, Koro. Agbaje must have followed bad advice & Koro who has been very much hungry for Lagos cannot in any way backdown.
Absolutely! Koro is the guy that fight on till the last stock. Recall in 2007 that BG favored Funso Williams and later Hilda Williams over others... As for Agbaje, I pity him
barcanista:
Sure bro, BG is the strongest man in PDP, he has lots of followership and support. As for Jimi Agbaje, I strongly doubt if BG will forgive him and give him the ticket. Why I think BG will concede to Koro is because BG will be looking at controlling the House(assuming PDP win majority). Agbaje will be given Ribadu and Soludo treatment as usual. The main people that to my opinion to be watched out for are Obanikoro(i have the strong conviction he will fly PDP flag) and Dr. Ade Dosumu (BG's loyal boy in whom he is well pleased).

I have been seeing Dr Ade Dosunmu posters for the Lagos Central Senatorial....I think he has opted out of the race this time around. He want to go to the Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by finni(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Chimezie250:
the guy is popular just that he lack the backing of Jagaban n Fashola

Popular in which area of the state? GOS originated politically from Mushin and I'm putting it to you that he has lost the support even in that area. Are you suggesting Tinubu and Fashola should support GOS in lieu other competent candidates in the race?
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by dridowu: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ambode again

1 Share

betatalk:

The ibo man that want to rule lagos should go to the east and improve the economy there. I am irritated with anybody or nobody forcing themselves and thretening when they don't get their way. Cripple economy ko cripple economy ni

You are replying a delusional dum.my? Let these igbo people keep ranting. They never learn.
If a little anoying and funny how many of them keep talking as thugh indispensable, swear, if igbos leave the west today, people won't be alarmed.... keep helping build , seperation comes tyou leave our land like you did during your failed civil movement. .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
finni:

Amechi must be that powerful to be the one controlling even the PDP folks in Rivers State. Kudos to him then.

Powerful? Hahaha! Incase you don't know, Wike who is currently visiting, has shut down PH city. Amaechi is but struggling to resuscitate his crumbling political life. A coffin for a protest? Mehn Amaechi has gone crackers!
Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
finni:

I agree with most of your points but the item 4. The PDP I see in Lagos of today has never be this divided as they now show it openly unlike in 2011 when Bode George pretended to support Koro why reverse was the case.
Bros that 2007 eh, Bode George's boys voted against PDP in the guber election, most of them that i know voted for DPA(there were my bros cheesy) . He was also accused of hoarding the N3 billion given to him by the PDP headquarter to prosecute Koro's election. As for now, I read an article where Koro said Lagos PDP is united under the leadership of BG. Well I hope PDP is divided in 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Live Updates Of Lagos Apc Guber Primaries by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
ilugunboy:

I have been seeing Dr Ade Dosunmu posters for the Lagos Central Senatorial....I think he has opted out of the race this time around. He want to go to the Senate.
That doesn't look so good for Remi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.