Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria (23971 Views)

''Nigerian Politicians With Houses & Businesses In UAE'' - Sahara Reporters / 10 Most Romantic Nigerian Politicians ; With The Pictures Of Their Romantic Hand / 2015: Politicians With Criminal Recordwill Not Be Allowed – IG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by STANPASQUAL(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
holatin:
Mine is PEJ
I love her vocal and oratorical skill
Chaieee! Diaris God oooo!

2 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Mr Labaran Maku!
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by watexas(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ma take is d'current minister of Agriculture
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Sylverbox(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
If only we could hear through all of GEJ's silence, maybe, just maybe...
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by killercute16(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
judiciarypalava:

Point of correction plssssss
That Igodomigodo man is a comedian not an orator. Better liking him to stand up comadians, though he does his sitting.
if only you can understand him
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by facile300(f): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hon Remmy Ksr Hazzan
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Homebaked: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
Audu Ogbeh, a one time PDP chairman, is a brilliant speaker. I doff my hat also for Akpabio, his tongue is coated with nectar.

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by holatin(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
STANPASQUAL:

Chaieee! Diaris God oooo!
why now ??
Y sayded my grammar
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by CharliParker: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Owelle Rochas that man, I remove my cap
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by vicfajeze: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Av u guys forgotten Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State?

2 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
Without bias, my pick would be Shekarau.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ilamina:
he speaks good english

No doubt. Just not too good when you don't know when to keep quiet.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Rochas okorocha
Peter Odili
Chibuike Amaechi
Jerry Gana
Late Adamu Augie
Bola Ige
Chuba Okadigbo

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Reference(m): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
sholasys:
After Okadigbo death no any other, my opinion.

Hmmm...ranting of an ant thingy...

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by funkybully(f): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
Reference:

Hmmm...ranting of an ant thingy...

Political sagacity
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by iamdapsyj(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
I would say fashola has the best oratory skills from the pack, followed by oshomole but he seem aggressive probably because of his background as an activist. The former Ekiti governor kayode fayemi too is good but over all fashola has a style that is different to all of them because he is always relaxed, confident, clarity and straight to the point and also easy to listen to.

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
Abubakar Shekau. That politician can speak.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by UnknownT: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
iamdapsyj:
I would say fashola has the best oratory skills from the pack, followed by oshomole but he seem aggressive probably because of his background as an activist. The former Ekiti governor kayode fayemi too is good but over all fashola has a style that is different to all of them because he is always relaxed, confident, clarity and straight to the point and also easy to listen to.
Like say na only APC rally you dey listen togringrin
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zik was the greatest orator Nigeria has ever produced, and probably the greatest writer too!!!

And he applied wisdom, not just rambling without sense. Despite his furious verbal and written attacks against the colonialists, he was never jailed, never arrested, while less ferocious guys were even imprisoned.

He almost met his waterloo in the Federal Parliament in the 1950s when one of the top colonial guys dared him to repeat what he just said He never did.

His speeches had a way of arousing emotions. He was probably the best user of English Nigerian politics has ever seen.

Political resurgimento.

Adegoke Adelabu was another orator in pre-independence politics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Tokunbohkinibig: 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
The best among all either past or present:

1) Sir Tafawa Balewa- unrivalled

2) Chief Femi Fani Kayode- u can't fault

3) Chief Okadiigbo

4) Fashola

5) Ojukwu
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Swizdoe:
Reuben Abati, lai mohammed, doyin okupe and olisa metuh...... I no sabi who dey talk pass between these guys and parrots
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by semitunde: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If there is anything that a politician can use to arrest the attention of his intellectual listeners, it is arguably his oratorical prowess. From all parts of the world it is the same. I have had the opportunity of watching clips of campaigns and debates involving some Americans vying for political offices, they often have the oratorical skills.

Here in Nigeria upto the early 1980's, Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, S. L. Akintola, Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Anthony Enahoro, Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, and so on were able to convince their admirers with their oratorical skills.

In today's Nigeria, do we still have politicians with oratorical skills? I find Rochas Okorocha, Femi Fani-Kayode, Babatunde Fashola, Tunde Bakare, Peter Odili, Femi Gbajabiamila and Rauf Aregbesola (though very blunt) as some of the few we have. Add yours.

Of what importance is this skill in today's polity?

You forgot to add Adelabu of the "penkelemes" fame. He was rumored to be the best at coining new words and getting people to do his will with moving words.

Ojukwu was actually a good orator too, even though he had a veritable cause to rally people towards.

I think, unlike today, the ability of any leader in Nigeria was first judged by his ability to communicate thoughts effectively and force a conviction by the people to trust him with their votes or lives.

Now its all about who can steal more...
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by xakjustice(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
Sai TALBA minna
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
My pick is Pat Utomi............eloquence at its peak.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by omoiseselagba: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
Without bias, my pick would be Shekarau.
you are right bro.but fashola has it too and can talk intelligently on any topic unlike una presido and his stack illi-wife.

2 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by chukist: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
Emanuel uduagah
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I guess some don't understand what is meant by oratorical skills, else I see no reason why Akpabio and Amaechi are mentioned.
I will always go for Rochas Okorocha.
I thought am the only person bewildered at the choose of Akpabio and Amaechi undecided

BTW,would you pick Rochas Okorocha over Pat Utomi ?
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
UnknownT:
Like say na only APC rally you dey listen togringrin
I was baffled cheesy..............one can easily deduce that he's a die hard supporter of APC grin
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by abbccc(m): 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
ADAMS OSHOMHIOLE(Edo state governor)....OLISA METUH(PDP publicity secretary).....PROF CHUKWUMA C SOLUDO(former CBN gov and 2010 PDP governorship candidate in anambra)....

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by greggng: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
I know all apc governors re outstanding . Permit me to mention rochas , oshobaba , and amaechi whom I respect cos he calculates before speaking . Is one thing to speak, but is another things to communicate
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by nagoma(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
felix281:
I give it to Muhammed Aliyu...governor of Niger State.

Although the governor speaks with eloquence , he has no Muhammed in his name. You mean Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
omoiseselagba:
you are right bro.but fashola has it too and can talk intelligently on any topic unlike una presido and his stack illi-wife.
must you introduce GEJ and wifey into this thread,it baffles me how illogical some of you can be angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Details Of Osinbajo’s Meeting With Governors, Security Chiefs Emerge / Judge Orders Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia Into The Dock / APC Flag Off: After Tommorow, The World Will Know Akwaibom Is APC~Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.