Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria (23969 Views)

''Nigerian Politicians With Houses & Businesses In UAE'' - Sahara Reporters / 10 Most Romantic Nigerian Politicians ; With The Pictures Of Their Romantic Hand / 2015: Politicians With Criminal Recordwill Not Be Allowed – IG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by nagoma(m): 5:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan: the guy can speak ooo!

Remember he said..." I'm not a General, I am not a lion... I don't give a damn! America will know...." Chai!!

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
natureblack:
I thought am the only person bewildered at the choose of Akpabio and Amaechi undecided

BTW,would you pick Rochas Okorocha over Pat Utomi ?
I will pick Okorocha over Utomi.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Kc3000: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
Non other than the Emperor of Western Nigeria, The Mapomeji, Ade Ade Ade Musiwa!!!!

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by sonnie10: 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
picaso77:
Adams Aliu Oshomhole

That was in his day as NLC President
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by sonnie10: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
Mustapha is good too but not sure if he is a politician
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by M4gunners: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Adams Oho baba
Peter Odiri
Nuru L (former EFFCE CHAIRMAN ). These are the once i respect.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Dreyl(m): 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
holatin:
Mine is PEJ
I love her vocal and oratorical skill
seconded! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by gannod(m): 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
Femi Fani-kayode,Shekarau and Jerry Gana
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by otukpo(f): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
I have not seen John Nnia Nwodo on that list. He is number one.

Rochas Okorocha is there too.

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by koladebrainiac(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
soroptimist:
Without any sentiments

I love Rochas Okorocha........he speaks like a philosopher.......1st position

Adams Oshiomhole speaks like a Mobiliser

Fashola though seems to have a mastery of almost all subject matter
Amaechi is the master of them all . this guy can send u to hello and u will be looking forward to it . I saw him during subsidy trials

2 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Profkomolafe(m): 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
The cicero of esa oke, late chief bola ige.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by idris4r83(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
1. Patience ebele jonathan
2. Patrick obahiagbon
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Former house of representative. Dimeji bankole
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by tonero230(m): 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Labaran maku
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by drshrewd: 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
it is by faaaaaar okoracha that guy is one hell of an orator. unlike most Nigeria politician he speaks with fluency, vigour and that commanding presence of a leader. he adorns his speeches with reverberating catch up lines that catches your admiration.

3 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by wo1F(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
Oh there used to be this brilliant young chap back then;
Chukwuemeka Chikelu - Obj's 1st minister of information before Jerry Gana
Oh that guy was good. Wonder what part of the world the wind blew him to since then

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Mbediogu(m): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If there is anything that a politician can use to arrest the attention of his intellectual listeners, it is arguably his oratorical prowess. From all parts of the world it is the same. I have had the opportunity of watching clips of campaigns and debates involving some Americans vying for political offices, they often have the oratorical skills.

Here in Nigeria upto the early 1980's, Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, S. L. Akintola, Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Anthony Enahoro, Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, and so on were able to convince their admirers with their oratorical skills.

In today's Nigeria, do we still have politicians with oratorical skills? I find Rochas Okorocha, Femi Fani-Kayode, Babatunde Fashola, Tunde Bakare, Peter Odili, Femi Gbajabiamila and Rauf Aregbesola (though very blunt) as some of the few we have. Add yours.

Of what importance is this skill in today's polity?

Give it to Rochas, Fani Kayode and Tunde Bakare. They are orators.

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by sukkot: 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
day i heard mallam, emir of kano, former governor of central bank, i forget his name now. the day i saw him speak at oxford university and watched his bbc interview, i was BLOWNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYY. this nigga speaks impeccable smooth english. none of that grunting and groaning and stammering peculiar with our kleptocrats as they have to think very hard because their brain is slow when it comes to matters that dont involve stealing

2 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by johhnnie(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
For wittiness, intelligence, coordination, content knowledge, expertise, level playing sincerity smoothness, eloquence, diction etc, I sincerely give it to babatunde raaji fashola. That guy is too good

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by felix281(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
nagoma:

Although the governor speaks with eloquence , he has no Muhammed in his name. You mean Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu.
yea bro, thanks for the correction.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by freshdude99(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
felix281:
I give it to Muhammed Aliyu...governor of Niger State.
Just what I was about to say. That Aliyu guy is something else as far as speech making is concern.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Oluperfect(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
Fashola,,,,,,d guy get sense die

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
sukkot:
day i heard mallam, emir of kano, former governor of central bank, i forget his name now. the day i saw him speak at oxford university and watched his bbc interview, i was BLOWNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYY. this nigga speaks impeccable smooth english. none of that grunting and groaning and stammering peculiar with our kleptocrats as they have to think very hard because their brain is slow when it comes to matters that dont involve stealing

That's Sanusi. I did not mention him because he's not a politician and they're talking about politicians here.

2 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by sukkot: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jarus:

That's Sanusi. I did not mention him because he's not a politician and they're talking about politicians here.
yeah thats the one. lamido sanusi he is called. i was BLOWNNNNNN AAWAYYYY. i have to emphasize the ' blown away ' cuz thats how i felt when i watched him. i watched the whole 1 hour interview and went looking for more interviews of him. thats how impressed i was.

3 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by obayaya(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
petrov10:
Okadigbo. Number 1

And d rest
Roachas
Oshomole
Fashola
Fani kayode
Akpabio
Hon gbajamiala
Olisah .m
Senator smart
Orji uzor kalu

And so on

Patrick nor join dis list

Your list is very close to the truth...

But Maitama Sule and Shekarau comes above Rochas..

We tend to ignore these men because they are northerners. but these 2 men in my opinion beats everybody on this list hands down except the Oyi of Oyi of course...

Chuba Okadigbo

2 Likes

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by calaharry: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
sholasys:
After Okadigbo death no any other, my opinion.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by felix281(m): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
freshdude99:

Just what I was about to say. That Aliyu guy is something else as far as speech making is concern.
He is a great Orator.
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by ikharia91(m): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Chief Tom Ikimi,the Oduma of Esan land.No list is gona b complete without d Cicero of our time.

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by ROYALD(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by babat89: 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Dunno if Frank Nweke Jr qualifies as a politician, but he talks well. Very well
Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by moriton(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Your list ain't complete with out Chief Godswill Akpabio. ..that guy needs no written speech to keep the crowd going sandwiched with jokes .

1 Like

Re: Politicians With Good Oratorical Skills In Nigeria by Emvin(m): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
yemibayo:
Patience Jonathan........... On a serious note Okorocha all the way even when he speaks Igbo.

yea. I noticed dat. He is so fluent in both languages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil Marketers To Shut Down ALL Loading Operations By Midnight / What Do You Think Will Change In 5 Years Regardless Of Who Wins In 2023? / Okupe Leaves EFCC Office, Reacts To Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.