Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. (14381 Views)

APC Insists On Ahmed Lawan As Leader, Change Looms In Senate / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by TheRealMrStan(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
(Reuters) - North Korea has ordered people who share the name of leader Kim Jong Un to change their names, South Korea's state-run KBS television reported on Wednesday.

North Korea imposed similar bans on the use of the names of its two former leaders, Kim's father, Kim Jong Il, and grandfather, Kim Il Sung, as part of propaganda drives to build cults of personality around them.

Kim Jong Un's name is not allowed for newborns and people who share the name must not just stop using it but must change it on their birth certificates and residence registrations, KBS reported, citing an official North Korean directive.

Kim Jong Il, the father of the current leader, issued the order in 2011, when his son was heir apparent, KBS said. The elder Kim died in December that year and his son took power.

South Korea's Unification Ministry, which handles ties with the North, could not immediately confirm the report but said it was plausible.

"The ban is highly possible since North Korea had the same policy in the era of Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung," a ministry official said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/03/us-northkorea-name-idUSKCN0JH0IC20141203
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by JECBOSS: 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
This is Serious

3 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by TDstarr: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
badddd dictatorship at its worst

4 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by blemon44(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
see power!!

in my next world i'm going to be the king of the world
but i will not use it to intimidate people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by mifavour(f): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
for real

1 Like

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Thayorr(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
After God, it's dis Kim guy that owns them. Abacha could have achieved that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Nairabeezie(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
yin min bin crinzy shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Madness.

With the level of his brutality,who would even be happy to share a name with that gay..

Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by dreydee(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Same man that flogged the footballers for not qualifying for the world cup grin, and gave his female silver medalist at the Olympics a fridge grin

See Nairaland! upon say I be their president! ^^^ angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by dupsil(f): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Wetin we no go see for this world!!!!! Rubbish

1 Like

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Abdgafarplenty(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
from Kim Jong-un - sunmonu giwa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by mifavour(f): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
TDstarr:
g
blemon44:
kk
TDstarr:
g

tdstarr y its ungodly u know
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Swizdoe(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
GEJ should follow their footstep..... The stan guy is back
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by COAS2020: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014

For sale wink
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Adex097: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
[size=16pt] This Can't happen in FRANCE [/size] angry

6 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Descartes: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Patent right and if not followed or obeyed serious punishment awaits you shocked

Fear those barbaric Koreans tongue

North Korea imposed similar bans on the use of the names of its two former leaders, Kim's father, Kim Jong Il, and grandfather, Kim Il Sung, as part of propaganda drives to build cults of personality around them.

Watch out for the Nigerian version in Tinubus Family cheesy grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by uzolexis(f): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Power drunk angry angry

2 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by naijaobi(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
you cant try such rubbish here in FRANCE

3 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by uken73(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
This guy is smt else.

1 Like

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Innodon(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Stupid leader

1 Like

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by eleojo23: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Those guys have always been like that.

Out of the 'north' always springs something weird and notorious.
There is something about that location 'north'.

22 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Ploy(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Are they in slavery?

I'm proud to be a nigerian
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Boscojugunu(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
F
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by MillionDollars: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Lol, clueless govt like ours
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by sholay2011(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Real-life Capitol na dis.

Let the Hunger games begin! !!
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by thiefnubu(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Let us thank God for what we have.... A democracy, however dysfunctional it might be, is still much better than the best of dictatorships

At least I can wake up from my siesta and decide to name my Dog, 'Goodie Jonathan' or 'Babs Fashola' lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
If na person wey don dey use the name before dem born the presient nko?
Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by mya1: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
He he he.. End shall always wonder

1 Like

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
We have too much freedom in this country imagine Nigeria with such leadership all members of the opposition will be in jail by now cooling their heels.
This is one of the countries that will give you hope on naija

2 Likes

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Swizdoe(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
TDstarr:
badddd
Guy you dey follow this stan guy bumper to fender

1 Like

Re: North Korea Orders Citizens With Same Name As Leader To Change It. by Adex097: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
blemon44:
see power!!

in my next world i'm going to be the king of the world
but i will not use it to intimidate people
"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"_Lord Action cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

29,581 displaced Nigerians return from neighboring countries (photos) / Gani Adams: Bandits Mining Our Gold In South West. / Ibas Hands Over To Gambo As Chief Of Naval Staff (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.