Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,976 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark (20695 Views)

Nairaland Poll On February Presidential Election Between Jonathan And Buhari / APC Counters Edwin Clark's Claim On Alleged Plot To Kill Jonathan / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by natty2014(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Ijaw leader and former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, has expressed fears over President Goodluck Jonathan’s safety ahead of next year’s presidential election.

According to him, opposition politicians could kill the president in order to be in power come 2015.

The elder statesman said recent statements from the party’s chieftains were worrisome, suggesting that they would stop at nothing to harm the president to get to the seat of power.

Clark said this yesterday, in Abuja, at a conference organised by a group under the aegis of Peoples Democratic Party Ward2Ward Initiative.

He alleged that the opposition politicians in the APC were celebrating the Book Haram insurgency in the North East.

The politician said those who wish for the president’s failure want the security challenge in the country to degenerate into anarchy to make the president and his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led administration unpopular so that their dream of winning the hearts of Nigerian electorate to get into power could be realized.

He added that such expectation by the APC politicians was an indication that they were not only unpatriotic but never believed in the Nigerian project.

He said: “I appeal to the national chairman of APC, who is my very good friend, who in those days, we regarded as super permanent secretary, not to join those who want to take office at all cost. If it is possible, they will like to kill Jonathan, they will like to poison him provided they will get into office. Is that the Nigeria that you want?

“So, Nigerians, let me say this to you, that today, I am 87 and by May next year, I will be 88; but I do believe and I have a slogan that when you are 70 and above, you are in the departure lounge waiting for your boarding pass.

“But if you are above that, it means God has something for you to do for your people. So, when I went to the airport and God refused to give me my boarding pass, then it means there is something God wants me to do in Nigeria and my coming here, I believe that is one of the assignments God wants me to do.

“You are here today doing what you are doing because you believe in Nigeria and believe strongly that Nigeria belongs all Nigerians particularly yourselves. The future is yours, I believe that most of us on the stage will give way to you when it pleases God to do so. You are no longer going to be used by others as thugs who after election dump you.

“The problem of this country, particularly in the North East is our problem. I want to say this to you that you have a future, anybody who paints the picture of Nigeria black is unpatriotic, and he is not a Nigerian.”

Clark called on the opposition to identify itself with the government in tackling the problems in the North East “which is a Nigerian problem.”

“It is not an Hausa problem, it is not a Kanuri problem, it is a problems for all of us. But where you have an opposition thinking that they can do whatever they like, all they do is to see ‘how do we come into power, let there be anarchy and we will cure it’, if there is anarchy today in Nigeria, no political party can solve it. So why not work together with the party and government in power?

“The problem of the world is not in this country alone, everywhere in this world, there are problems-economic problems, political problems, and social problems; don’t therefore deny your country. Be proud of your country.

“The mere fact that you are in opposition, and you are not in the government party, is not enough to destroy your own country, if you do that, then you are unpatriotic, then you are not a Nigerian that I said earlier on.

“We are praying by our tongue; when recently two British citizens were hijacked and killed in Irag and Somalia, what happened? The opposition—the Labour Party joined the Conservative Party to pass a resolution to allow the British Army to go into Irag and to Syria.

“The same thing happened America, they never wanted to join the war in the Middle East again but when their people were killed, they joined together, even the Republicans were more enthusiastic persuading the government but in this country, ‘it is pull the government down then we take over!’

“Who will support you? If you are not ready to support others, will anybody support you? Nobody. So my children, this country belongs to you, it’s a wealthy country, we may have challenges in economy and other areas but those challenges must be solved by all of you and all of us to have a better Nigeria.

“‎You are no longer going to be used as thugs by politicians and dumped after elections. That is one of the problems of this country. The problem of this country is our politicians. Anybody who paints the picture of this country bad is not patriotic.

DAILYPOST POLL: Who is the best APC aspirant for president?
“I wish many more Nigerian youths will join what you are doing. We want a better Nigeria where nobody is superior or inferior to the other. A Nigeria where we are all equal and a Nigeria where you can aspire to become anything.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/05/apc-leaders-may-kill-jonathan-february-presidential-elections-clark/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
this old man what is ur problem?
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Ovamboland(m): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
D9ty7:
There are better ways to air you views other than go abusive. Anyways, I know you belong to APC. It is not a new thing in Nigeria, we all know Jonathan is over ambitious as regards his second terms, he has nothing to add to add positively to this country. Maybe he wants to make it worse than it is now.
In case of next time, don't go all hard on someone who is only saying his mind. It doesn't affect you, does it?

But i was only saying my own mind too, is that too much? That is the way your statement appeared to me, that opposition want to selfishly take over power whatever that means. Why do you think opposition is in existence if not to take over power, try and do things better and if they fail the next opposition can take over.
I think they sold wrongly to you the idea that opposition should approach the ruling party shenanigans with rose in hand singing 'kumbaya',
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Eziachi: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
Clark has always been a thug, a divisive figure, who only look after number one, himself.
Jonathan should have distance himself from him long ago. I wonder how many votes he mudt have already cost him?
Every day it seems that most Nigerians are still in those warped junta mentality view of opposition as enemy.
Opposition is not meant to agree with the government 99% of the time. Unless you want one party state.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by imcam: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sorry Wu sabi u.ur ogogoro fisherman will not die but will witness ow he Wil be defeated come 2015

OK kill Him and see our reaction.[/quote]
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by D9ty7(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
No hard feelings bro. And to say I am not a fan of any of the political party, even though a few months ago, I badly wanted GEJ in Aso Rock come 2015, but I realise that I'll rather die than let GEJ be in government to give us another dose of 2011-2015 if he gets re-elected. I just want the best for the country.
Ovamboland:

But i was only saying my own mind too, is that too much? That is the way your statement appeared to me, that opposition want to selfishly take over power whatever that means. Why do you think opposition is in existence if not to take over power, try and do things better and if they fail the next opposition can take over.
I think they sold wrongly to you the idea that opposition should approach the ruling party shenanigans with rose in hand singing 'kumbaya',
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Ayatullah(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
APC COOKS IN JONATHAN KITCHEN
Could Mr. Edwin Clark please tell us how Jonathan will be poisoned.

Do we have APC members as cooks in President Jonathan kitchen?

I want to believe Edwin Clark who is very close to Jonathan must have known that President Jonathan is suffering from a terminal illness and could die within some few months, now want to nail his death on the APC and bring confusion on the nation.

Should President Jonathan die, Nigeria should hold Edwin Clark responsible.

Jonathan must not die.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by coldFLARES1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
berem:
why should Clark be worried about Jonathan's safety? Is he the IG of police?
seriously, it beats me! Last time I checked, they have a police that used remote sensors to locate abandoned voters cards in Badagry; a police headed by a proactive IG that deployed some platoons to stop some thugs from gaining access to the NASS; a DSS with top rate intelligence abilities that bursted that APC 'unmarked' building where they clone PVC's; a competent army that provided security for 7 PDP lawmakers in Ekiti, who being majority in a house of 26 impeached and installed a Speaker; not to talk of the 'lagbaja' special/killer forces/squads. All these controlled by the GCFR and the opposition would kill him? Abeg, make Clark park well joor!

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Samunique(m): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
barcanista:
What nonsense!!! Is this not the same man that threatened hell should Jonathan lose? What is he saying sef? It is glaring to all of them that Jonathan's tenure will end in 2015 and woe betide anyone that attempts to make trouble. The Government of General Muhammadu Buhari will unleash the full weight of the law against such people...ask the Chadians and Maitatsine what they saw!

Back to topic: nobody is after Jonathan's life, instead they tried but in vain to kill Muhammadu Buhari and Mallam Sanusi. Clark should take his sermon to his boys in Aso Rock. Who takes him serious anyway...? Definitely not me
Zulu Gambari. Na only your vote wan take your goro chewing red tooth Aboki to aso rock 2015?

Guy think twice, your goro eating mallam isn't going any where come 2015.

Mark my words!!!!
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by GodsKate: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
Mtn DATA BUNDLES for smart phones (androids, windows, BB Z10, BB Q3,...) and via modems at cheaper rates, VALID FOR 30DAYS.

MTN; 
1GB - N1,200  (or 1,300 MTN airtime)
2GB - N2,400 (or 2,500 MTN airtime)
3GB - N3,600  (or 3,800 MTN airtime)
5GB - N6,000 (or 6,200 MTN airtime)
10GB - N11,800 (or 12,000 MTN airtime)

ETISALAT:
250MB - N400 (or 500 etisalat airtime)
650MB - N800 (or 1,000 airtime)
1GB - N1,400 (or 1,500 airtime)
2GB - N2,600 (or 2,800 airtime)
3GB - N3,900 (no airtime option)

Your line is credited with data automatically after payment.

EITHER make your payment via bank deposit or ATM/online transfer, afterwards send us the number to be credited with the data bundle.
OR pay via recharge card: (see differences in price list), buy the recharge card and send us the recharge card pin.

To Check data balance-
On Mtn dial *461*7#
Or text DATABALANCE to 131
On Etisalat dial *229*9#

for order and inquiries, please sms, call or whatsapp 08032719286

https://www.nairaland.com/2027318/mtn-etisalat-data-bundles-cheaper
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Ijaw leader and former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, has expressed fears over President Goodluck Jonathan’s safety ahead of next year’s presidential election.

According to him, opposition politicians could kill the president in order to be in power come 2015.

The elder statesman said recent statements from the party’s chieftains were worrisome, suggesting that they would stop at nothing to harm the president to get to the seat of power.

Clark said this yesterday, in Abuja, at a conference organised by a group under the aegis of Peoples Democratic Party Ward2Ward Initiative.

He alleged that the opposition politicians in the APC were celebrating the Book Haram insurgency in the North East.

The politician said those who wish for the president’s failure want the security challenge in the country to degenerate into anarchy to make the president and his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led administration unpopular so that their dream of winning the hearts of Nigerian electorate to get into power could be realized.

He added that such expectation by the APC politicians was an indication that they were not only unpatriotic but never believed in the Nigerian project.

He said: “I appeal to the national chairman of APC, who is my very good friend, who in those days, we regarded as super permanent secretary, not to join those who want to take office at all cost. If it is possible, they will like to kill Jonathan, they will like to poison him provided they will get into office. Is that the Nigeria that you want?

“So, Nigerians, let me say this to you, that today, I am 87 and by May next year, I will be 88; but I do believe and I have a slogan that when you are 70 and above, you are in the departure lounge waiting for your boarding pass.

“But if you are above that, it means God has something for you to do for your people. So, when I went to the airport and God refused to give me my boarding pass, then it means there is something God wants me to do in Nigeria and my coming here, I believe that is one of the assignments God wants me to do.

“You are here today doing what you are doing because you believe in Nigeria and believe strongly that Nigeria belongs all Nigerians particularly yourselves. The future is yours, I believe that most of us on the stage will give way to you when it pleases God to do so. You are no longer going to be used by others as thugs who after election dump you.

“The problem of this country, particularly in the North East is our problem. I want to say this to you that you have a future, anybody who paints the picture of Nigeria black is unpatriotic, and he is not a Nigerian.”

Clark called on the opposition to identify itself with the government in tackling the problems in the North East “which is a Nigerian problem.”

“It is not an Hausa problem, it is not a Kanuri problem, it is a problems for all of us. But where you have an opposition thinking that they can do whatever they like, all they do is to see ‘how do we come into power, let there be anarchy and we will cure it’, if there is anarchy today in Nigeria, no political party can solve it. So why not work together with the party and government in power?

“The problem of the world is not in this country alone, everywhere in this world, there are problems-economic problems, political problems, and social problems; don’t therefore deny your country. Be proud of your country.

“The mere fact that you are in opposition, and you are not in the government party, is not enough to destroy your own country, if you do that, then you are unpatriotic, then you are not a Nigerian that I said earlier on.

“We are praying by our tongue; when recently two British citizens were hijacked and killed in Irag and Somalia, what happened? The opposition—the Labour Party joined the Conservative Party to pass a resolution to allow the British Army to go into Irag and to Syria.

“The same thing happened America, they never wanted to join the war in the Middle East again but when their people were killed, they joined together, even the Republicans were more enthusiastic persuading the government but in this country, ‘it is pull the government down then we take over!’

“Who will support you? If you are not ready to support others, will anybody support you? Nobody. So my children, this country belongs to you, it’s a wealthy country, we may have challenges in economy and other areas but those challenges must be solved by all of you and all of us to have a better Nigeria.

“‎You are no longer going to be used as thugs by politicians and dumped after elections. That is one of the problems of this country. The problem of this country is our politicians. Anybody who paints the picture of this country bad is not patriotic.

DAILYPOST POLL: Who is the best APC aspirant for president?
“I wish many more Nigerian youths will join what you are doing. We want a better Nigeria where nobody is superior or inferior to the other. A Nigeria where we are all equal and a Nigeria where you can aspire to become anything.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/05/apc-leaders-may-kill-jonathan-february-presidential-elections-clark/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
...who is planning to kill who?is it the opposition or gej?
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by angelsing(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
D9ty7:

The bolded actually got to me. The opposition are always criticising the current government at every given opportunity, its like nothing good is coming out of the Jonathan led administration. And the presidency is always quick to reply them and thereby causing enemity within the two partie who are front runners in the upcoming election.
In the US, the Deomocrats and the Republican work hand-in-hand while in Ngeria it is the otherwise.
I see APC as being desperate, they criticises Jonathan government at every given opportunity, why not show your desperation to take over the government, support him and achieve collective success.
I am left to wonder why people like Buhari, OBJ are attacking Jonathan's government and Jonathan is hitting back. We all know his government is not giving us what we expected but all the same, he can only get better. Buhari is an elder, his advises should be Jonathan's driving force, but rather than fight for the betterment of the country as a whole, they are selfishly interested in attaining power too.
Anyways, Baba Clark, well said but in a careless manner.
So what you are saying in a nut shell is that there shud be no opposition?. You can't criticise a sitting president even if he does things the wrong way because we are running a unified government?. I think most of the criticism he has received he paved way for it. Let me list a few. 1. Few hours after the bombing at the eagle square on october first without any investigation he came out to deny Mend involvement in it only for Mend to claim the bombing. 2.There was a bomb blast in kano, the next day he was dancing at a campaign rally. 3. Stealing is not corruption, just to mention a few. I can go on and on but believe me he paved way for such criticism..I will continue to say it he became a president when he was not ready for it considering the enormous task of ruling this country.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by rhazur(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
Well dem say wen person don old, he or she wud go back to deir early days(start to dey act lyk baby)
Smh........elder stateman my foot!!!
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by muraj1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hmmm

Anyway, the old man is entitled to his own opinion.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by mavinc4u(f): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
kill who? this one is very risky. Tai!! dem no fit na only mouth dem get.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Anthrophile(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
From the moment he embezzled billions of Naira meant for the development of the Niger Delta region, he'd lost credibilty and he's not to be taken seriously.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by angelsing(m): 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
Nawa ooo...Playing the victim all the time.. They are making it sound like opposition controls the Sss, airforce, police, nscdc, army, news house, cnn, bbc, etc.. Who have they not blame for the problem of nigeria? instead of focus on how to make it better they are accusing the opposition of trying to kill the president without any intel regarding such..Pls u guys shud desist for abusing an elderly man irrespective of what he said, we shud all just tackle his statement and leave his personality
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by acenazt: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
BlackSEER:

nobody is perfect.Besides,English is not ur mother's tongue.if you want to attack him,use a reasonable means and device.
I didn't stop him from speaking his native dialect did I?.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by DaBullIT(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Badluck Egbere JoeSatan is planning to fake his own death by assassination , a well paid patsy would claim it was APC and Egbere's body would be flown out of the country for investigation , that's how he'll change his face and identity , just like Diepreye Alamieyeseigha tried to leave the country in a woman's clothes

Yeah , African nation leaders have done it in history , GEJ's won't fool anyone
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Redhot111(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
Dis Clark probably wants to kill GEJ for reasons best known to him and make it look like the opposition did it. This Ijaw Clark can't ne trusted ioo. I have said my own. As much as I'm not a supporter of GEJ, I don't wish him dead at all. My advice is dat GEJ should beware of Clark
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by skyfall: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Nobody wants him dead. He needs to live very long to hear about Nigeria's greatness from prison.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by seedorfg(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
Edwin clarki kho Edwin clappu ni.....old age madness dey worri Im and Jonathan
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by sweetgala(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rubbish talk, only an important person need be assassinated.
GEJ is no threat , we'll do away with him peacefully come 2015
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Mogidi: 5:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
The only way to unseat GEJ is only through execution, am sure APC has come to that realisation.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Ebukaokeke5: 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
When d cries of the oppressd get 2 d heart of d Lord Yahweh,He destroys deir oppressors n sets dem free 2 blessedness.Do not point @ d rightful people of APC 4 president Jonathan's demise.He z paying wit his life all d evil he had done 2 d riteful citizens of Nigeria.Karma knows no mercy or 4giveness.His z rite dere on him.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by masamari(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
Mr Clarke has spoken well, his remarks identify the love he has for his brother (President Jonathan ) obviously nobody wants is pot of honey to be cracked. It is a pity that our society elders have pitch their tent with polithievians just because of monetary gains. Having said that president Jonathan is the number citizen of this noble country, he has the best of the best security to insured his life so the said claims of Mr Clarke is blasphemy and derogatory statement that can ginger societal civil unrest. Ditto the elder stateman should learn to pass sensitive information in a friendly manners in order to pervert chaos.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Gboliwe: 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
Just reading the headline and hitting on reply.

Even to the blind man its very obvious this crop of opposition are blood thirsty and would, infact, have planned severally but failed. They will keep plotting, but Jonathan will not die. The prayers of the righteous will sustain him.

Now, let me go and read the article.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by davies123: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
Obiagelli:
Senility at 87 is not bad.
I pray u get to that age
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by davies123: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
Alphaoscar:
old age is worrying this man and Nigerians are also ready to send both him and his Godson back to the creek.
I pray u get old
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Chigold101(m): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
Obiagelli:
Senility at 87 is not bad.
see how these children are calling their grand father senile (obiagelli and diluminati ). It's a pity. u are not yet up to forty, you better pray that u live up to 45 without becoming senile your self
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by Alphaoscar: 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
davies123:

I pray u get old

pray for gullible life.
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by hersexyness(f): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
aw authentic is dis info.... one thing I knw is dat GEJ is use to der empty trait n all dat.....

iffa hear say dey try am.....

PDP is more organise than APC; wer everyone even d gateman wan to b d president.... just dat dey PDP need to attend leadership classes etc in other to serve beta....
Re: APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark by EndtimeBlessing: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sir,
If I was this old and I have nothing to say, I will just keep quite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thousands March Against Boko Haram In Niger / Gododogodo: A Chilling Mass Murder Wrapped In Conspiracy - By Luka Binniyat / Ifeanyi Uba, Bianca Ojukwu, Victor Umeh Storm Aguleri For Obiano's Chieftaincy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.