Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? (2962 Views)

Poll: Should Woman Propose Marriage to man?

Yes:If She wants: 40% (6 votes)
No:It will make her seem desperate: 60% (9 votes)
Undecided: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by SeanT21(f): 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2008
We all Know That Man always Propose To Their Girls in a relationship!!

What Do You Think Of Woman Getting Down on one knee and asking "Will You Marry Me" to their man?

Should We woman wait for the man to ask us or Just Go ahead and do it anyway?

What DO Man Think about this?Will You feel awkward if Your Girl Did it?
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2008
They can o, just not my cup of tea
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by tope2000(f): 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2008
I dont know abt getting down one bended knee but i dont think there is anything wrong wink
but i dont think i can do it undecided
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by SeanT21(f): 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2008
As for me,Its Hell NO!!

I will never Propose to My Man.Its His Choice.

If He loves me,He will go ahead and do it!!
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by tope2000(f): 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2008
SeanT21:

As for me,Its Hell NO!!

I will never Propose to My Man.Its His Choice.

If He loves me,He will go ahead and do it!!

grin grin
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by chika98: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2008
Propose ko? Marry me ni? Hell will freeze over!
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by SeanT21(f): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2008
tope2000:

grin grin

Whats so wrong about my response?
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by tope2000(f): 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2008
Nothing
I just find the words u used funny, thats all undecided
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by SeanT21(f): 10:43pm On Dec 02, 2008
tope2000:

Nothing
I just find the words u used funny, that all undecided

Haha!!Okay.Nothing wrong with a little Laugh!!
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by 25more(f): 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2008
i'm still very young ,fresh, and  sexy too kiss so thats for women who are old and very desperate for marriage, anywaxs i dnt think any woman should do that no matter how desperate they are. it is a man's job and they should do it. women doing it would seem like they are now begging the man to marry them and then the man would use them as their toys afterall weren't she the one who asked him to marry her
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by tope2000(f): 10:55pm On Dec 02, 2008
25%more:

i'm still very young ,fresh, and sexy too kiss so thats for women who are old and very desperate for marriage, anywaxs i dnt any woman should do that no matter how desperate they are. it is a man's job and they should do it. women doing would seem like they are now begging the man to marry them and then the man would use them as their toys afterall weren't she the one who asked him to marry her

Thatz Cold grin grin
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by Sauron1: 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2008
tope2000:

I don't know about getting down one bended knee but i don't think there is anything wrong wink
but i don't think i can do it undecided

Why not??
In this day and age of sex equality. . . . .I wouldn't mind if u are on one knee at Trafalgar square proposing to me on a sunny afternoon.
Make sure the ring is frostbitten though. wink
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by tope2000(f): 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2008
~Sauron~:

Why not??
In this day and age of sex equality. . . . .I wouldn't mind if u are on one knee at Trafalgar square proposing to me on a sunny afternoon.

Lol. . . . . . i cannot do it esp with most naija guys and their way of thinking. then u'll hear stuffs like :
'werent u the one that asked me to marry you, did i say i want to marry you, i just said yes out of pity, blah blah' angry so
i'd rather remain single besides its sexier when a man does it tongue grin
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by 25more(f): 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2008
~Sauron~:

Why not??

i would only desperately do it if the man will also allow me to be making all the decision in the marriage not tomorrow he will tell i am the man i make the decisions, then i will tell he i proposed to u , i married u, u have to obey me. and i dnt think any nigeria man would want their wives telling them this, so this chust one of the reasons why the men should propose not the females.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by Sauron1: 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2008
25%more:

i would only desperately do it if the man will also allow me to be making all the decision in the marriage not tomorrow he will tell i am the man i make the decisions, then i will tell he i proposed to u , i married u, u have to obey me. and i dnt think any nigeria man would want their wives telling them this, so this chust one of the reasons why the men should propose not the females.

I would let u make all the decisions if u propose to me. . . . .It's no rocket science.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by ifyalways(f): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
There are no laid down rules in things of the heart. . . . . . If you can,why not
I personally did not propose to my guy,If given another chance though,don't think i can.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2008
If a girl loves a guy and wants to marry him, what's wrong with her proposing to him. Although I thinks it's going to far if she gets on her knees to propose. I've been asked by so many Nigerian girls to marry them, but I always turn them turn sad
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by 25more(f): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2008
~Sauron~:

I would let u make all the decisions if u propose to me. . . . .It's no rocket science.

yea right! i serious doubt it, i would believed you if u weren't from a patriarchy society called nigeria or u were under a spell
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by ifyalways(f): 11:53pm On Dec 02, 2008
OgidiBoy:

If a girl loves a guy and wants to marry him, what's wrong with her proposing to him. Although I thinks it's going to far if she gets on her knees to propose. I've been asked by so many Nigerian girls to marry them, but I always turn them turn sad
shocked shocked shocked shocked
O dikwa egwu and never knew our girls are becoming bold.Well,i dont blame anyone,no time for games or playing around,If you are finding it difficult to do the asking,make dem kuku help you out.i wonder how a girl wud feel when she proposes to a guy and shes turned down/rejected.Ogidiboy,Pray tell,how did you turn them down?mildly or tactically?did they press/probe/ask you for reasons?did they break down and cry?whats your relationship with them now?
its quite weird sha undecided
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by 25more(f): 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2008
OgidiBoy:

who are we going to ask to confirm this ur fairytale story? OR could it be a typo ? maybe u meant to say the opposite grin cheesy
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by JJYOU: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2008
ifyalways:

O dikwa egwu and never knew our girls are becoming bold.Well,i don't blame anyone,no time for games or playing around,If you are finding it difficult to do the asking,make them kuku help you out.i wonder how a girl would feel when she proposes to a guy and shes turned down/rejected.Ogidiboy,Pray tell,how did you turn them down?mildly or tactically?did they press/probe/ask you for reasons?did they break down and cry?whats your relationship with them now?
nothing wrong with asking. i got asked by a not desperate lady and said yes. we are both better for it.  it is not as difficult as most people think. i have been asked before and said no the world didnt end.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by ifyalways(f): 12:04am On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

nothing wrong with asking. i got asked by a not desperate lady and said yes. we are both better for it. it is not as difficult as most people think. i have been asked before and said no the world didnt end.
Dont think i said its wrong,it seems out of place and weird undecided
wOmen are known to be emotional,i am still trying to picture how a babe wud look like when shes told off by a man after making and taking such a huge step shocked
haaa,it aint easy sha cheesy
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by Sauron1: 12:04am On Dec 03, 2008
25%more:

yea right! i serious doubt it, i would believed you if u weren't from a patriarchy society called nigeria or u were under a spell

Hehehehe. . . . . Get proposed to??
That would be the DAY. . . .
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by JJYOU: 1:09am On Dec 03, 2008
ifyalways:

don't think i said its wrong,it seems out of place and weird undecided
wOmen are known to be emotional,i am still trying to picture how a babe would look like when shes told off by a man after making and taking such a huge step shocked
haaa,it aint easy sha cheesy
how can you tell off a person for saying they love you and want to spend the rest of their lives with you? it is not as bad as it looks. life is about taking risks. some people panic for owing £100  others don't sweat about £1m debt.  i think many guys hear the word sorry & no all the time. it is not the end of the world. you get on with your life. you can still be friends.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by jgirl3: 1:19am On Dec 03, 2008
What's wrong with it?

I am proposing to a man next week sef . . . smiley I am not getting down on one knee though.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by JJYOU: 1:22am On Dec 03, 2008
2 kness pls. you will be glad you did and be forever appreciated for doing so
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by jgirl3: 1:28am On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

2 kness please. you will be glad you did and be forever appreciated for doing so
No thank you. No knees involved.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by JJYOU: 2:18am On Dec 03, 2008
j-girl:

No thank you. No knees involved.
haba! i am shocked. what is wrong in that? are you not a modern woman? please do you can video it and put it on you tube or myspace.

seriously, i wish you luck knees or no knees
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

haba! i am shocked. what is wrong in that? are you not a modern woman? please do you can video it and put it on you tube or myspace.

why should she do that?
na youtube or myspace she wan marry?
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by jgirl3: 2:27am On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

Modern women do not kneel for guys.
Ebony, ose o! Why on video?

Seriously, i'm joking. I am not planning to pop the question to any guy anytime soon.
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by A40(m): 2:29am On Dec 03, 2008
What is good for the gander is good for the geese what a man can do a woman can do better abi no be so?If women can run for president,head organizations and all that then proposing marriage to a man would be a cakewalk i am hoping if not in my time then in my children's generation that women would actually buy men rings and pop the question  grin grin
Re: Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:31am On Dec 03, 2008
ifyalways:

O dikwa egwu and never knew our girls are becoming bold.Well,i don't blame anyone,no time for games or playing around,If you are finding it difficult to do the asking,make them kuku help you out.i wonder how a girl would feel when she proposes to a guy and shes turned down/rejected.Ogidiboy,Pray tell,how did you turn them down?mildly or tactically?did they press/probe/ask you for reasons?did they break down and cry?whats your relationship with them now?

Nne egwu atu naki.[forgive my Igbo spelling] I'm a very respectful and polite guy so I always turn them down in a very respectful and not too painful way. There are ways you can do it without the girl going postal. Although sometimes the very stupid ones don't get the hint.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Who Else Would Be Your Ideal Dream Guy, Apart From Me? / Handsomeness Is Useless In Nowadays Romance / Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.