Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child (37743 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Life At 30 When You're Not Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by cupidhero(m): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2014
I flew kites,built sandy houses with me legs,danced in the rain,etc. Another thing i did that was not in your list was opening up every home appliance we owned so i can see how it worked and going to every of my relative's house so they can pay me since santa didn't deliver.

4 Likes

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by AreaFada2: 11:09am On Dec 06, 2014
That 2 & 4 can be very annoying.

I was doing GCE at age of about 14, this lady must have been around 30. She rushed in late sweating like Xmas goat. Inches of pancake and other make-up on her face.
Maths paper. This lady started disturbing almost immediately.

Lady: Hey, small boy, wetin be answer to 1 (a)
Me: ?

Lady: Take this paper, write the answer here

Lady: Small boy, abeg na, I go buy you lunch
Me: Abeg leave me. I go report u o.

Na so this lady worry me tire o. I nearly reported her.

Lady: if you report me, na me and you dem go send out o. Abeg na, no worry, I go give you money, I get 5 Naira.

5 Naira was big money then.

To have my peace, I copied some answers for her.

At her age, I thought she must be a veteran of GCE and would know the punishment preceudure when people cheat or cooperate.

Funny lady sha. cheesy

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by mu2sa2: 11:10am On Dec 06, 2014
On all this there's pan Nigerian oneness.

2 Likes

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Faraidi(m): 11:10am On Dec 06, 2014
SuperMartins:
If You Didnt You These ... Nawa, Where You Grow??

― If you didn't kill earthworms with salt.
― If you didn't play with rubber bands.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake up on
the bed.
― If you didn't go to steal cashew and guava in the
next street and the owner's dog
comes through the backyard waiting for you to
come
down from the tree.
― if you didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for
the lizards to take it and give you
new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your
hands and legs instead of bathing when going to
school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or
under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a
kite.
- If you didn't use your two legs to build houses with
sand.
- If u didn't write your name on paper and insert it into
your pen so that no one will
steal it.
- If you didn't close the fridge door really slowly to see
when the lights went off.
- If you never waved at white birds
expecting your nails to be whiter
- If you never heard of a ghost dat stays under mango
trees at nights
- If you didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and
called it ur car!
- If you didnt mix garri n sugar in your
pocket and eat while walking in the street.
- If you never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin
grass nd sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer with bottle cover.
-if you never steal a meat 4rm pot.
-If you never bath inside bathroom and went out
naked, with your
cloth in ur hands.

Then I guess your Childhood wasn't
Fun...... cheesy
you are right,I did all of that.

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by saintneo(m): 11:10am On Dec 06, 2014
SuperMartins:
If You Didnt You These ... Nawa, Where You Grow??

― If you didn't kill earthworms with salt.
― If you didn't play with rubber bands.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake up on
the bed.
[s]― If you didn't go to steal cashew and guava in the
next street and the owner's dog
comes through the backyard waiting for you to
come
down from the tree. [/s]
― if you didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for
the lizards to take it and give you
new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your
hands and legs instead of bathing when going to
school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or
under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a
kite.
- If you didn't use your two legs to build houses with
sand.
- If u didn't write your name on paper and insert it into
your pen so that no one will
steal it.
- If you didn't close the fridge door really slowly to see
when the lights went off.
- If you never waved at white birds
expecting your nails to be whiter
- If you never heard of a ghost dat stays under mango
trees at nights
- If you didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and
called it ur car!
[s]- If you didnt mix garri n sugar in your
pocket and eat while walking in the street. [/s]
- If you never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin
grass nd sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer with bottle cover.
-if you never steal a meat 4rm pot.
-If you never bath inside bathroom and went out
naked, with your
cloth in ur hands.

Then I guess your Childhood wasn't
Fun...... cheesy

Does not doing these make different?
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Livingwalker(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2014
Nduxzy:
How can i forget using NPK plug,matches and nail as Banger!

The days are gone but the scar remains!
you're totally on point ..how can I forget this chai
I play oooooo hahaha

2 Likes

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by kuuljay(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2014
DonaldGenes:
Oh yes, Op is damn RIGHT

Sometimes, I do still bath Nakedd when no one is around our compound. Just wanna relive my old Childhood memories..
you mean after some good sk grin grin grin
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Goodquestion(m): 11:13am On Dec 06, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I don't intend to stop lol

I give.
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Goodquestion(m): 11:14am On Dec 06, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I don't intend to stop lol

I give up.
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2014
Did all of the above. It was fun tho now that i remember those days. But kids of these days are busy forming big girls and big boys that they will never experience the Nigerian childhood fun

5 Likes

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by kuuljay(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Nokialumia720:
I,ve done all these except stealing meat from the pot.
Bross talk true na! Nobody will say you grew up to be a yahoo grin[color=][/color]
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
lol, I neh de say u tif anybody....all I de talk b say. na eida u tif meat Or fish Or u dun 4get, Or u jux chose to 4get.
fish nor meat,i not tif eida of them
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by cupidhero(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Princesschi:

lol, were we in the same neighbourhood? Leke leke actually gave me white fingers sha.
But did it actually work? i noticed a white dot appeared on my finger after doing the chekeleke trick when i was a kid and now i just checked my finger and it is still there? Is this natural? Med and anatomy students should come and explain this abeg? E fit be say we were all chanting some ancient spell unknowingly. what causes white dots on a finger?
i'm 2 lazy to google it.
shokky24 you are familiar with ancient spells and magic words..your expertise is needed here and the "chekeleke" sounds like a word from the orients(far east)
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Mightyraw(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2014
nah Nigerians kids sabi dose ones we don't knw all dis lagos
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 06, 2014
yurme:
anty bunsky re u sure? #winkz
my dear,mo sure pa.
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by yurme(m): 11:18am On Dec 06, 2014
html14java:
Am busted.op, I did all
evn daddy nd mummy play#winkz
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by yurme(m): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2014
Bunsky:
my dear,mo sure pa.
lol me I steal meat ooo anty mi d only1 wey I no do nah dah tree own
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Princesschi(f): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2014
cupidhero:

But did it actually work? i noticed a white dot appeared on my finger after doing the chekeleke trick when i was a kid and now i just checked my finger and it is still there? Is this natural? Med and anatomy students should come and explain this abeg? E fit be say we were all chanting some ancient spell unknowingly. what causes white dots on a finger?
i'm 2 lazy to google it.

lols. If i were u, i'll open a thread on it. I got mine too buh i cant find it anymore, maybe nature or whatever it is, was playing along with our childish acts.
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by adedayourt(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2014
zubby29:
mst of what its on d list i did,bt d sad tin is dat dos dat were born with silver spoon never did dem,i am proud of who i am today sha

Anybody born wit silver spoon nd didn't

Steal meat frm d pot
Play table soccer
Throw milk teeth on d roof
Close d fridge slowly
Sleep on d couch nd woke on d bed
Enters into d kitchen stead of d loo to pee in d middle of d nite
Nd some odas

Mean sey d spoon no silver enof
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by kuuljay(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2014
Come ooo!!! Nobody drive Boris Abi na only me[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by eminikansoso(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2014
SuperMartins:
Our parents generation had most of d fun..our generation manage flex..but technology don steal from this current generation
the other time i constructed a kite for my little daughter the whole children in our street came out to witness it some even called it an aeroplane grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2014
Goodquestion:

I give up.
Don't give up hope still de sha

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by cupidhero(m): 11:23am On Dec 06, 2014
Princesschi:

lols. If i were u, i'll open a thread on it. I got mine too buh i cant find it anymore, maybe nature or whatever it is, was playing along with our childish acts.
mine is still here,2 is faded while 3 is still white. i'm done opening threads,i'm sure the OP won't mind the extra traffic to his thread.
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 06, 2014
gbam!!..na me fest you,na me win jur...ceriously need those memories back grin
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by kuuljay(m): 11:24am On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=Nduxzy post=28639253]How can i forget using NPK plug,matches and nail as Banger!

The days are gone but the scar remains![/quote omg you just reminded me,this shit was only for the brave kids then
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by cupidhero(m): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2014
eminikansoso:

the other time i constructed a kite for my little daughter the whole children in our street came out to witness it some even called it an aeroplane grin
Thats sweet! Now i feel like making babies. currently don't have a little relative now,will surely try that when my lil nephew turns 6 or 7.

1 Like

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by shilees(f): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2014
I did everything on the list my childhood was superb.I remember always stealing bournvita when my dad noticed, he poured nescafe inside, d day I tried again, I received anointing to smell before I eat anything.I thought I was d only one buh my brother too was doing it too.grin
I enjoyed my childhood so much

2 Likes

Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by ify23ng: 11:26am On Dec 06, 2014
I love this post it make me remember my early childhood days it was really fun. If u did not do this that mean ur childhood days was boring. I am happy I did most of them
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 06, 2014
kuuljay:
bros i did oh...how about that rotor for spoilt radio come us am do fan...chisos!!...am renumbering... grin
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by kuuljay(m): 11:27am On Dec 06, 2014
Exjoker:
No, that play is so expensive. Only rude boy like you did that
Hihihi I follow for that one
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by IsAkumma: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2014
I did 99.9%
Re: You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child by ahmed486: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2014
kuuljay:

I drive boris well and my own get the best design then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / What Are The Issues You Discuss During Courtship ? / Nigerian Interracial Couple Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.