Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? (24493 Views)

delete this post / Opinions Pls: Which Of These Is The Best.. Tecno, Gionee, Innjoo, Infinix.. / As A Tecno, Gionee User Do U In Anyway Enver Your Samsung, Htc And Xperia Users? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Everfrank(m): 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
I love my Techno.
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by igoro10: 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Codedboy95:
haaa *throws tecno phone away*.. akoba adaba
Olorun ma je ka ri o!
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by herald9: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
thank Gawd I repented from tecno phones...I pray may my brothers in the dark see the light soonest..._FUCK FAKE FONES!!!
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by adanduka: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
oyb:
Pre-loaded Malware Found On TECNO Smartphones: The Deathring Trojan

https://blog.lookout.com/blog/2014/12/04/deathring/
Can one delete the ringtone app Deathring if one has any of these phones and be free from the virus?
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Joshkid(m): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
i loathe chinese smartphones thO'
#TeamSamsunggrin
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by natureblack(m): 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
PERFECT2:
We cant even calm down to digest these our fp stories again due to per minute updates. Pls,mods....this is not a T.V STATION.
nairaland is now uninteresting and less visited sad.............I have deactivated the app dew to incessant disturbance.
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by amAZEing: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Guys, smbody shud help me. Am trying to change my imei to that of BB but l cnt.

Am using a Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S5
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by franksunny(m): 6:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
Though it is hard to believe, but this is true. If you have use tecno and you are IT inclined then you should have known this. The issue is that in this part of the world, most people have no choice than to use them because of the economic value. Even now i am still using it
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by ritababe(f): 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
abeg make una summarise for pigi language

1 Like

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Smartixy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Its not only China phones even some phones from America and other English countries have some spywares the use in spying but the fact is that "you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide"

1 Like

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by texazzpete(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
michaelbiz:

my dear people don't mind them jare angry
i smell the hand of Samsung here. And why am I not surprised?
Tecno has swept the market clean (TECNO IS VERY GOOD AND MORE AFFORDABLE)...and because Samsung couldn't make any head way this year, they are pushing malware-scare messages specifically to create "hate" for Tecno. Otherwise why do we have FAKE SAMSUNG and VARIOUS TECNO models in this stupid list?

Let me spell out their game plan from the above sef: buy only ORIGINAL Samsung and DONT BUY any model of TECNO at all.
Lobatan!!!
All those new Chinko phones were just included to make it look generalized but the real competitor is always the MAIN TARGET!
We know the drummer from the tune...shame on Samsung! undecided undecided undecided tongue

Kai, poverty is not good o!!

Lookout security is a highly reputable mobile security company that's used by nearly half of the Fortune 500 companies and is not affiliated to Samsung in any way
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookout_(company)

If this was an attempt from Samsung, they would have been targeting the players like Xiaomi and Huawei that are actually hurting them in the all-important Asian market, not the kobo-kobo Nigerian market cheesy

You've just been informed that your phone may likely be spying on you and sending your private data to malicious users. All you can think of is to justify your cheapness by manufacturing a hare-brained conspiracy theory in your head. Smh

4 Likes

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by ewizard1: 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
But I dont see reason why Samsung would be hating on Tecno.

Users with Quality motive would never look back... Tecno was made for ones who want cheap and less Quality.

Samsung already won the fight nah!

Samsung is selling tonnes of its products throughout the Globe... Tecno is selling SOME of its products partly in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by texazzpete(m): 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Promking:
shocked

OP, so if you didnt put tecno in all CAPS, you wont pass ur message

and,
which day did tecno become a clone device?? undecided

Also
You specified others but could not for tecno.....why the hating nau

finally,
and you didnt mention any tecno device here angry....shame on you

#teamTecno jaare

That's exactly how the source article is worded.

Anyway, why do I care? It's clear some of you don't care if all your data and files are being funneled to a remote server somewhere as long as you get to play your cracked copies of Modern Combat cheesy

2 Likes

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by ewizard1: 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
Codedboy95:
haaa *throws tecno phone away*.. akoba adaba

Lmao!!!
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by jiggar(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
Some people's comment can be very funny. So because people decide to use chinese phones, they are not I.T inclined. Last week GSMArena was hacked, inspite of its high status. Last year ,we heard of germany's chancellor phone been hacked. Whatever phone you are using, your info can still be spied on. Even iphone that seems impenetrable, now experiences attacks. Anything and everything created by man, can still be destroyed by man. If you all should know the underground spy work being carried out by the top nations, you would be amazed, and you think because you are using a premium phone, your info can't be stolen. I would advice you to think again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by dubienatti(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Una c any malware abi na trojan.. 4 dis my comment?? Dis na bad belle o...Abeg make una no d use una blues d spoil anoda man makosa..
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by sixtusjr(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
PrettyHausaGirl:
Thank God for iPhone6
Abi?
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by seribroo56(m): 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
jiggar:
Some people's comment can be very funny. So because people decide to use chinese phones, they are not I.T inclined. Last week GSMArena was hacked, inspite of its high status. Last year ,we heard of germany's chancellor phone been hacked. Whatever phone you are using, your info can still be spied on. Even iphone that seems impenetrable, now experiences attacks. Anything and everything created by man, can still be destroyed by man. If you all should know the underground spy work being carried out by the top nations, you would be amazed, and you think because you are using a premium phone, your info can't be stolen. I would advice you to think again.
GOD bless you for this comment
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Bawss1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
Awon Tecno fans will be playing the ostrich now. They don't care about stuff like this because if they did they wouldn't have gone for this brand in the first place.
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Osakah24(m): 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
Mprex:
I dont understand. Pls can someone explain this in a layman's englishsad
E mean say e get wetin dem plant inside the phone so that them go fit they withdraw your money from your account chop,that is why chinese economy dey grow.
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bawss1:
Awon Tecno fans will be playing the ostrich now. They don't care about stuff like this because if they did they wouldn't have gone for this brand in the first place.

i suspect they can't picture all the possible implications

eg if they use their phone for banking, the malware could steal their banking credentials
it could steal login info /passwords
if nigerian celebs were very popular internationally and some had tecno phones, we could have a fappening right here

instead the awoof dey run belle noisemakers are stll trying to root for a 'manufacturer' that is really a sleazy thief

1 Like

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Mprex(f): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
Osakah24:
E mean say e get wetin dem plant inside the phone so that them go fit they withdraw your money from your account chop,that is why chinese economy dey grow.
lols. I didnt say pidgin english. Thanks all the same
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by claycares: 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
jiggar:
What did the victims of these examples you gave actually did after they got wind of it? Take precaution right? If yes, that's what Nigerians should do. The countries of those example you gave have one of the highest standards in terms of regulation, your NCC can't even tell if it's bring watched by the Chinese govt.
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by michaelbiz: 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
texazzpete:

Kai, poverty is not good o!!

Lookout security is a highly reputable mobile security company that's used by nearly half of the Fortune 500 companies and is not affiliated to Samsung in any way
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookout_(company)

If this was an attempt from Samsung, they would have been targeting the players like Xiaomi and Huawei that are actually hurting them in the all-important Asian market, not the kobo-kobo Nigerian market cheesy

You've just been informed that your phone may likely be spying on you and sending your private data to malicious users. All you can think of is to justify your cheapness by manufacturing a hare-brained conspiracy theory in your head. Smh

Faceless forums make it easy for you to talk and for that I forgive your ignorance.
How much is the Samsung that you own....Mtchewww

Rubbish talk. Being objective makes it easy for everyone (including you) to use your brain to know that a company that wishes to deface another does NOT need to BLOW IT OUT BLUNTLY.

TECNO has STOLEN the entire show!!! Period.
You know nothing about technology business.
This is my 11th year importing the highest quality phones since the advent of Nokia 3310 of old.
So take the back seat, son. Go and play with sand angry
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Youngpo413: 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
UjSizzle:
Make una leave chinko products alone o undecided
team window phone
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Youngpo413: 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
Sarboy:

This is what you get when you buy cheap stuff.
exactly,nothing good comes cheap
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by DaBullIT(m): 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
[size=18pt]The problem I have had with tecno so far is screen freeze , poor battery , nothing about trojan , besides the blog where that info is from should have a picture of the application or the name of the process that does that phishing .

Let's ask BlackBerry why they are trying to spoil market for our beloved tecno. grin grin grin

Proudly Phantom A , Phantom R7 and Tecno Pad P9[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Bawss1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
michaelbiz:

Faceless forums make it easy for you to talk and for that I forgive your ignorance.
How much is the Samsung that you own....Mtchewww

Rubbish talk. Being objective makes it easy for everyone (including you) to use your brain to know that a company that wishes to deface another does NOT need to BLOW IT OUT BLUNTLY.

TECNO has STOLEN the entire show!!! Period.
You know nothing about technology business.
This is my 11th year importing the highest quality phones since the advent of Nokia 3310 of old.
So take the back seat, son. Go and play with sand angry

Somebody is about to be shredded cheesy

But seriously though why are these fans obstinately ignoring the issue here.
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by savcy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
OP help!!!!!!!!!! I connected a friend's Tecno M7 to my notebook via USB. Before then my notebook was spanking clean. Moments after un plugging, I did a quick scan with SmaDav anti-virus and discovered that my system had contracted some kind of virus(or malware) from that phone. It keeps cloning itself and it presents its self like some kind of file with a gear attached. Am really scared. The name I think is vbs_encrypted... Please help.
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by seribroo56(m): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
savcy:
OP help!!!!!!!!!! I connected a friend's Tecno M7 to my notebook via USB. Before then my notebook was spanking clean. Moments after un plugging, I did a quick scan with SmaDav anti-virus and discovered that my system had contracted some kind of virus(or malware) from that phone. It keeps cloning itself and it presents its self like some kind of file with a gear attached. Am really scared. The name I think is vbs_encrypted... Please help.
how low can you get
Re: TECNO, Gionee, & Fake Galaxy Phones Preloaded With DeathRing Trojan? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Mtchew dat one concern u nd Trojan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Factory Reset Code For Tecno T9 / How To Reduce Data Usage While Using Social Media On Your Smartphone / How Fast Is Your Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.