Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well (40700 Views)

EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Kwankwaso Declares President Jonathan Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
"History is a collection of LIES that have been agreed upon" - Napoleon

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by tobbiedejie: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
aresa:
Jonadumb's terrible characteristics and his incompetent and corrupt ways is at this point not any kind of news to Nigerians so of what relevance is this info?

When is OBJ going to apologize to Nigerians for saddling us with the same disaster called GEJ he is now denouncing?

OBJ is trying too have it both ways and this is the problem with Nigerian leaders, they have zero sense of responsibility and accountability.

The only way to redeem yourself is by helping to get rid of the disaster he created.

EFCC on it's way then grin[quote author=aresa post=28700073]
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by akinsadeez(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
Can't this be termed contempt of court? If Obasanjo was aware of the court order(assuming he had been served) shouldn't the court haul him in to give cause why he shouldn't be cited for contempt
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by qtx(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
tobbiedejie:

You just gave it the dumbest title I ever imagined on a book...na 2 go stop school sure pass oo
b4 nko, as buhari support if u like that my post wont it make you have stomach ache? lol
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by here: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
I like this man for something, he learnt alot.
While I detest some of his hidden intentions I see him always trying to be the one to tell the story and before you know it generations will believe him and what you and I knew wouldnt matter.
A long time ago wise men learnt to put their experiences to paper,it doesnt have to be the truth but generations to come will seek for what to believe and maybe theirs will be the only version told which might seem reasonable.
Dont judge dear even in a war two commanders never have same experience but what beats me is why no black man ever wants to write about it
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by jossypajay: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
sexyedjutto:
Obasanjo dat stole billions and did nothing in his tenure is now crticisin jonathan,,,obasanjo dat even wanted to come 4 3rd term in office chai,,,,and some ignorant ppl are still soppirting him o
Bros, ur English spelling sha

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Joey82(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
I hope the old generation took time to also discuss his illicit affair with his son's wife.
we don't need half truths in this auto biography.
which ever way, he gave us jonathan.
a gift can only be as bad as the giver.
mr general... u are to blame

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by francis247(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
jamace:
Hope OBJ included how he used his position to take advantage of his son's wife and how his family disowned him because of his selfishness.
Did he include how he forced contractors to build him his Ota hilltop mansion?
Did he include how he forced govs to donate to his library?
Did he include how he made himself petroleum minister yet there was no fuel and fuel scarcity persisted?
Did he include how he converted govt lands meant for operation feed the nation into Obasanjo farms?
Did he tell the world that he used his EFCC to chase political opponents into line?
Did he inform the world how he forced Gov Mbadunuju to continue to bribe political godfather?
Hope he included how he used minority to impeach Gov Joshua Dariye in Plateau State.
Did he state his role in the assassination of Bola Ige, Pa Rewane, and others?
Is it in his book that instead of building universities for Nigerians, he built private university for only the children of the rich?
What about his longer throat for power to go for third term, is it there?
Hope he included how he junketed the world with Nigeria money to source for the best expatriates for his Ota farm
Exactly. He should also include how he used his four weapons of mass destruction of El Rufai, Ribadu, Soludo and Akunyili to unleash terror on perceived opponents.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Abiolainfo: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
qtx:

Ya, because b4 GEJ came in it was so over the years, it will require more time to address the issue, its not something that will happen overnight let nobody deceive you that if he comes he will do it overnight except Jesus christ.
In the first place do you think a time will ever come where the poor will be completely made rich in the land? go and write it down such a time will never come no matter who rules us. Neither will u even now be able to mention a country in the whole world where there are no poor people. The only issue is the percentage. Of course like i said if you like vote GEJ out and vote whoever, that person will still tell you to give him time to work and u may have to wait even longer.
Besides you said Nigeria is rated among the poorest countries, you see its not only Nigeria. or are you saying GEJ is still the one ruling other poor countries too?

Nice one but sincerely if you're to rate jonathan past 6years in office, how many percentage overall will you give him %
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by FAK2008: 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
Baba Obasanjo may be seen to have done nothing but I guess if he was to be in power today the situation of the country would have been better contained as a grand military commander. He takes no shit on security issues. He can smoke out threats on time unlike we are having it now.
Throughout his tenure, you would not know the value of peace enjoyed then but the difference is clearer when you have a trained GCFR and a political GCFR who is said to have challenges managing his family, his present political rancour in his home state not to say of a country.

History was made for the first time when a serving Chief of Defence staff failed to contain Boko Haram taking over his hometown(Vintim) in Adamawa before eventually overrunning Mubi some weeks back. A clear case of weakness and lack of idea at the top with a zero backup from the top grand commander in chief. This is what you get when inexperienced and inferior grade of officers are selected for superior jobs of security, yet the same officer could threaten a superior officer (Defence Minister) who better understands the security alert areas in the country for many years ahead of Badeh. This disrespect can only receive a welcome without sack under the current leadership and not any security oriented leader which we need to be on the look out for in 2015. Imagine if this Bokoharam surfaced under Abacha regime, I believe we all can imagine the solution. A large number of the security operatives in this country are not doing security intelligence gathering but political intelligence gathering making a few of them available on the field facing massacre under the very chief security officer of our great country.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by ajani1978(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
Pls where to buy the book. I need a corpy
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by garrimallam: 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
Thief Olusegun Oba-so-njo is the captain of corruption and lie adicts. He should be hiding his face in shame and ridicles. He is the pivot of Nigerian delima.
Cyberbaze:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ydqhy0bw9vw/VIWYQZZpyAI/AAAAAAAABsk/7tCbNI-8PEo/s280/my-watch-obasanjo.jpg[/img]

An attempt by Buruji Kashamu, a close associate of President Goodluck Jonathan, to stop the publication of a three-volume book by former President Obasanjo, appears to have failed as SaharaReporters can confirm that the book has gone into circulation. A source close to Mr. Obasanjo confirmed to SaharaReporters late last night that copies of the former president’s exhaustive autobiography were already available to buyers in print form.
The source that the book would soon be available in an electronic version that is beyond the jurisdiction of Nigerian courts.

SaharaReporters has already obtained and read sections of the book scheduled for formal launch in Nigeria in a few days

The book, whose three volumes chronicle the life of the controversial former president from birth till this year, aroused political interest after SaharaReporters exclusively reported that Mr. Obasanjo devotes significant pages to paint an unflattering portrait of President Jonathan. We reported that the book characterizes Mr. Jonathan as selfish, weak-willed, callous and incapable of rising to the challenges of running a complex country like Nigeria. Mr. Obasanjo also accuses the president of surrounding himself with aides and political associates with corrupt tendencies.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book dedicates several parts in the book to point out some of Mr. Jonathan’s actions and inactions he considers ill-advised or disastrous for Nigeria. He depicts Mr. Jonathan as a man who has not only destroyed the Peoples Democratic Party but also led Nigeria in dire straights.

The book focuses on several instances of policy somersaults by Mr. Jonathan as well as deliberate actions by the incumbent president that have imperiled Nigeria’s progress in the opinion of Mr. Jonathan.

An Abuja-based lawyer and critic of Mr. Obasanjo accused the former president of seeking to use the book to earn cheap popularity, adding that Mr. Obasanjo cannot get away from responsibility for “sponsoring President Jonathan’s rise to political prominence and the Presidency.”

“We have been saying it from day one that President Goodluck Jonathan does not have the qualities to become a true leader, but we cannot forget that Chief Obasanjo singlehandedly put him and the late President Umaru Yar’Adua in office,” the lawyer said.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book also castigates former President Umaru Yar’Adua, former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, and former Governor James Ibori of Delta State, Bukola Saraki, among other political foes.

In the book, the former president also makes an incredible claim that he was never interested in pursuing a third term while in office.

“That is a clear lie,” said Mr. Obasanjo’s critic. “To even deny what is so obvious to every Nigerian shows that Chief Obasanjo has little regard for the truth.”

Source = [url=http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/08/obasanjo%E2%80%99s-book-out-declares-president-jonathan-incapable-governing-well]SaharaReporters[/url]

www.brandednaija..com
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by laimo(m): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
Where do I get this book?I need a copy.Jonathan wants to stop Nigerians from reading too?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Samyyorn: 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
This old he goat should go and rest. He has all the opportunities to change this country. U rule this country as a militry detector and eight years as civilian president what did he do? As far as am concern OBJ is a dead politician.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by chi4ik(m): 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2014
I just lost my respect for OBJ, how on earth will a well respected man behave like this? behaving like a kid just because GEJ refused to b licking his fucking yansh! it's a pity that we don't have respect for our President but u guys should remember that whoever God has made a king is a king already. nobody will stop GEJ next year, most of u guys will b disappointed. d only advice I have for Nigerians is that this politicians are just using us to make money. Nigeria will face a hazardous problem if GEJ losses next election cos south south militants are warming up. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Reference(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Nice one but sincerely if you're to rate jonathan past 6years in office, how many percentage overall will you give him %

He's achieved 98% of what I expect. Perhaps only the PIB left.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Abiolainfo: 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
Reference:

He's achieved 98% of what I expect. Perhaps only the PIB left.

lolz... Plus security abi and $1 = 201
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
“We have been saying it from day one that
President Goodluck Jonathan does not have
the qualities to become a true leader, but
we cannot forget that Chief Obasanjo
singlehandedly put him and the late
President Umaru Yar’Adua in office,” the
lawyer said.
This is it.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by qtx(m): 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
Abiolainfo:

First, GEJ hasn't spent up to 6 yrs, rather if you say 5 yrs it will be justifiable. and to be very fare and honest i will give him 67% given that there are alot of people antagonising his govt and wishing he fails. And of course the pass mark is 40% so i will want to believe he has tried.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
tochman:
Una don hear am na. Oya. Make una go buy d book. If u can't afford it now, aba boys will launch the pirated copy soon.

See kettle dey call pot black. Obj is such a hypocrite
Aba boys have grown beyond that now...More authentic and original things now come out of Aba for exports and domestic markets ..in fact the contents of that book sounds so fake and pirated by the author, so pirating a book who's contents were pirated by it's author himself is a waste of time and vital resources.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by LogicPower(m): 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Cyberbaze:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ydqhy0bw9vw/VIWYQZZpyAI/AAAAAAAABsk/7tCbNI-8PEo/s280/my-watch-obasanjo.jpg[/img]

SaharaReporters has already obtained and read sections of the book scheduled for formal launch in Nigeria in a few days

The book, whose three volumes chronicle the life of the controversial former president from birth till this year, aroused political interest after SaharaReporters exclusively reported that Mr. Obasanjo devotes significant pages to paint an unflattering portrait of President Jonathan. We reported that the book characterizes Mr. Jonathan as selfish, weak-willed, callous and incapable of rising to the challenges of running a complex country like Nigeria. Mr. Obasanjo also accuses the president of surrounding himself with aides and political associates with corrupt tendencies.

In many of my recent posts, I lamented how Jonathan has unfortunately created for himself the image of a 'ruthlessly selfish' and 'callous' leader, even though he might be a good, decent and humble person.

To many enlightened and impartial local and international observers, GEJ always appears so amazingly unconcerned, slow, indecisive and unimaginative when it comes to tackling the daily slaughter of hundreds of innocent Nigerians that he swore to protect; he also appears so unconcerned and so unwilling to take on the corrupt elite that are ruining the country and subjecting the ordinary Nigerians to more hardship and suffering.

But when it comes to his re-election bid, he and his goons would appear so passionate, so committed, so pro-active, so calculating, so effective and so meticulous in their planning and execution of their 2014 agenda! You would see them ruthlessly bringing ALL THE RESOURCES at the disposal of the almighty FG in dealing with, and scheming against, any real and perceived obstacles that might stand on their 2014 ambition.

That's why I have described GEJ as being ruthlessly 'selfish' and 'callous', and I am not surprised that OBJ also chose these two epithets, along with many others, to aptly describe him as such.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by sexyedjutto: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
How did obj improve the banking sector pls,he privatalised telecommunications(the exact thing jonathan has done with PHCN),only one road u mentioned,jonathan has jst recently completed a major railway in kaduna and has alrealdy awaded the contract aimed @ linking all the state capitals in d country in addition to the east west road(among others),he didnt work NAFDAC,the woman that died of cancer recently did(i have forgotten her name),he used EFCC to tame his political opponents,boko haram started in his tenure
do u knw dat he and his son were dragging 1 woman?(so much for leadership)
hope u knw he displayed impunity,dictatorship and anarchy by leveling UDI in bayelsa state(even the UN condemed the act)
hope u knw he fought tooth and nail for a third term
and wen he didnt succeed he put his anointed candidate there(tinubu and lagos comes to mind)
wait a minute,the song...nigeria jaga-jaga,poor man dey suffer suffer,everywere scatter scatter was sang in which persons tenure
or was fela wrong in his songs?
The way politicians are criticising jonathan now,was it possible in the tym of OBJ?
Nawa o,btw who are u related to OBJ?
Abagworo:

Banking, telecommunication, agriculture, Onitsha/Owerri road, working Nafdac, Working Efcc, Control of Jos crisis, Control of Sharia crisis etc.

He wasnt so good but Jonathan has shown us Obasanjo is a god in leaxership.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by toyecoach(m): 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
Chai !this Buruji had made Obasanjo billionaire o the book will sell hot
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Reference(m): 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
Abiolainfo:

lolz... Plus security abi and $1 = 201

Security is your business mister. If you cause trouble, you will get trouble. The currency devaluation is the right move. Pay more taxes and wean yourself off crude oil. That's in your hands too. Learn to be a responsible citizen and play your part.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by sexyedjutto: 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
Jonathan has done alot,the country is very big serious
Olazy239:
if obasanjo did nthing in his tenure,does it mean GEJ to follow in his footstep,if al d cumin president start following in GEJ footstep,is dat wat u want for our nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by tobbiedejie: 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
hensben:
if GEJ rule nigeria for another 4 years, we are going to experience drought.

I doubt if there'll be any WE ; Dem (BH) for don blow everybody to thy kingdom come sir
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by liidea(f): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
d fact dat obj is against gej shows dat gej isnt dance to obj's drums...obj wntd a puppet he can control coz frankly dat man feeds on power...gej has his weakness o buh obj isnt doin us a favour rytin dat rubbish, he has bn strvd on attension nd he is tryin to regain it...he wnts gej out by all means...it amazes how much shame dis man doesnt av.. he can ryt buk afta al his corrupt practises
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by globaldude(m): 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
Baba no disrespect sir but we were all here; we saw how you ran your own government.
1. sir you ran this country like your own;$ not like our own.
2. any body that stands in your way, you use efcc to harass .
3.you' re talking about corruption $ you practically bought transcorp for your self.
4. what about power sector, the 16.5billion dollars that was pumped into power.
sir we' ve forgiven you your sins but we have not forgotten your name sir.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Dmail(m): 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
nerodenero:
Hard truth.I blame OBJ more than GEJ for the rot in the system but at the same time both of them have failed the country
I blame you for voting GEJ into the office.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
By the time this book hits the market, demand for it will be more than There Was A Country.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by JOSIG: 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
RECREATING NIGERIA THROUGH YOUR VOTES

Looking at the lack of objectivity amongst Nigerians on who to vote leaves one wondering if Nigerians are completely incapable of making good decision for their own benefit. It is surprising that given the current high rate of unemployment, lack of infrastructure especially good roads, poor electricity, irresponsible and unresponsive civil service, brutal and oppressive police, inefficient leadership marred by corruption at all levels and the ever increasing gap between the rich and the poor, Nigerians are still comfortable to base their choice of who to vote on ethnic/tribal, religious and regional sentiments.

These three factors; ethnic/tribal, religious and regional considerations are some of the most unfortunate variables that work against sound decisions. Unfortunately, the 2015 elections have assumed the coloration of all these factors. The majority of the masses have bought into this line of reasoning sold to them by their self-serving elites who cannot articulate better policies and political ideologies while some sections of the media have continued to set ethnic, religious and regional agenda for the people by constantly writing and reporting the ethnic/tribal, religious and regional angles of the future elections. The masses on their part have failed to see that these mundane sentiments have only plunged them into further suffering.

In 1811, Joseph de Maistre (1753-1821) wrote: "Every nation has the government it deserves."Since most Nigerians seem to lack the ability to be inventive in articulating and prioritizing needs that will greatly improve their fortunes as a people, their leaders take them for a ride every now and then knowing that their followers are unable to confront oppressive leadership but can only groan under it. Joshua Wong, a 17 year old, is leading a large protest to challenge China’s decision to vet candidates for elections in Hong Kong when our youths are busy singing the praise of self-serving politicians in exchange for liquor and paltry sums while others are busy perfecting their skills on dancing ‘Doro’, all in the midst of staggering unemployment figures, death traps called roads, poor electricity, unresponsive and irresponsible public servants, oppressive police and corrupt leadership.

There are two ways to get responsive government; the first is by confronting irresponsible and unresponsive ones while the second is by voting in responsible and responsive ones. Since we are not able to take the high road of confronting bad leadership, it is expected that we take the wise path of doing things differently with our votes come 2015. It is time to recreate our collective destiny. We can only recreate our destiny in a positive light if we desist from basing our voting decisions on mundane sentiments which have only kept us down for too long. It is reasonable to think that Nigerians have collective aspiration for employment, reduction of poverty, putting an end to the reckless behaviours of civil servants and security agents as well as elected officials, improvement of power supply, upgrade of infrastructures etc, and it does not matter whether the crop of leaders that will help us achieve all these comes from the west, east, north or south, or even if he is a Christian, Muslim or Traditionalist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana / Amaechi Searched By Lagos Airport Security (Throwback Photos) / I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.