Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well (40695 Views)

EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Kwankwaso Declares President Jonathan Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Abiolainfo: 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
Reference:

[b] Security is your business mister. [\b] If you cause trouble, you will get trouble. The currency devaluation is the right move. Pay more taxes and wean yourself off crude oil. That's in your hands too. Learn to be a responsible citizen and play your part.

That's one of the major functionality of a president bro. Go and cosult the constitution and search for the duty of a president, after then you can come back and rate him justifiably.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Abiolainfo: 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
qtx:

First, GEJ hasn't spent up to 6 yrs, rather if you say 5 yrs it will be justifiable. and to be very fare and honest i will give him 67% given that there are alot of people antagonising his govt and wishing he fails. And of course the pass mark is 40% so i will want to believe he has tried.

Did you know the constitutional duty of a president?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
akinsadeez:
Can't this be termed contempt of court? If Obasanjo was aware of the court order(assuming he had been served) shouldn't the court haul him in to give cause why he shouldn't be cited for contempt
How come the court order was given without Obasanjo or his councel there? Do you know that the book can still be made accessible online?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by obatec: 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
God help us
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by nerodenero: 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
I blame you for assuming this your submission.It shows you assume everything.
Dmail:
I blame you for voting GEJ into the office.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
sexyedjutto:
Obasanjo dat stole billions and did nothing in his tenure is now crticisin jonathan,,,obasanjo dat even wanted to come 4 3rd term in office chai,,,,and some ignorant ppl are still soppirting him o
That is what dirty politic is all about, for one president to prove he is better than the others.This is one of the reasons why Nigerian youths must get rid of those old cancers and take their future strongly by taking the bull by the horns. I would like to read the books just to see what in the detail though.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
chi4ik:
I just lost my respect for OBJ, how on earth will a well respected man behave like this? behaving like a kid just because GEJ refused to b licking his fucking yansh! it's a pity that we don't have respect for our President but u guys should remember that whoever God has made a king is a king already. nobody will stop GEJ next year, most of u guys will b disappointed. d only advice I have for Nigerians is that this politicians are just using us to make money. Nigeria will face a hazardous problem if GEJ losses next election cos south south militants are warming up. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Christopher Kolade and Wole Soyinka criticized Jonathan, have you also lost your respect for them?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by uchennaq(m): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
[size=15pt]WELL I WILL VOTE FOR GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN. TRANSFORMER DEY....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR[/size] tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by qtx(m): 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Did you know the constitutional duty of a president?
sorry maybe i dont, oya teach me?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by aresa: 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
Technocracy:
Obasanjo is fond of criticizing those who disagrees with him, as far as Nigeria is concerned he had all the opportunities to make us great with the huge oil revenues that came during his tenure and yet he did nothin,he is still culpable in the siemen and haliburton scandal not to talk of the billions wasted on power sector reform with nothing to show during his time

The price of oil during OBJ's time was almost 4 times less than the selling price under Jonadumb and OBJ still managed to save billions of dollars and paid off our debt so why not just tell us what GEJ achieved all that money and why is he borrowing from China to do everything?

Billions for airport repainting came from China

Money for the ancient and stone age railway came from China

Money for power dams came from China

Money for the obsolete toys that never functioned aka Abuja CCTV came from China..

So kindly tell us what Nigerian's have benefited from the $500 billion generated under GEJ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Dmail(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
JOSIG:
RECREATING NIGERIA THROUGH YOUR VOTES

Looking at the lack of objectivity amongst Nigerians on who to vote leaves one wondering if Nigerians are completely incapable of making good decision for their own benefit. It is surprising that given the current high rate of unemployment, lack of infrastructure especially good roads, poor electricity, irresponsible and unresponsive civil service, brutal and oppressive police, inefficient leadership marred by corruption at all levels and the ever increasing gap between the rich and the poor, Nigerians are still comfortable to base their choice of who to vote on ethnic/tribal, religious and regional sentiments.

These three factors; ethnic/tribal, religious and regional considerations are some of the most unfortunate variables that work against sound decisions. Unfortunately, the 2015 elections have assumed the coloration of all these factors. The majority of the masses have bought into this line of reasoning sold to them by their self-serving elites who cannot articulate better policies and political ideologies while some sections of the media have continued to set ethnic, religious and regional agenda for the people by constantly writing and reporting the ethnic/tribal, religious and regional angles of the future elections. The masses on their part have failed to see that these mundane sentiments have only plunged them into further suffering.

In 1811, Joseph de Maistre (1753-1821) wrote: "Every nation has the government it deserves."Since most Nigerians seem to lack the ability to be inventive in articulating and prioritizing needs that will greatly improve their fortunes as a people, their leaders take them for a ride every now and then knowing that their followers are unable to confront oppressive leadership but can only groan under it. Joshua Wong, a 17 year old, is leading a large protest to challenge China’s decision to vet candidates for elections in Hong Kong when our youths are busy singing the praise of self-serving politicians in exchange for liquor and paltry sums while others are busy perfecting their skills on dancing ‘Doro’, all in the midst of staggering unemployment figures, death traps called roads, poor electricity, unresponsive and irresponsible public servants, oppressive police and corrupt leadership.

There are two ways to get responsive government; the first is by confronting irresponsible and unresponsive ones while the second is by voting in responsible and responsive ones. Since we are not able to take the high road of confronting bad leadership, it is expected that we take the wise path of doing things differently with our votes come 2015. It is time to recreate our collective destiny. We can only recreate our destiny in a positive light if we desist from basing our voting decisions on mundane sentiments which have only kept us down for too long. It is reasonable to think that Nigerians have collective aspiration for employment, reduction of poverty, putting an end to the reckless behaviours of civil servants and security agents as well as elected officials, improvement of power supply, upgrade of infrastructures etc, and it does not matter whether the crop of leaders that will help us achieve all these comes from the west, east, north or south, or even if he is a Christian, Muslim or Traditionalist.

this is the most sensible post so far on this thread!
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by aresa: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Christopher Kolade and Wole Soyinka criticized Jonathan, have you also lost your respect for them?

chi4ik:
GEJ a president that cares 4 his People both @ home $ abroad. Ride on Boss, U no get polo...

^^^^^ Obvious reason for his shallow comment. How do you even dislike what you never liked in the first place?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by debo07(m): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
jamace:
Hope OBJ included how he used his position to take advantage of his son's wife and how his family disowned him because of his selfishness.
Did he include how he forced contractors to build him his Ota hilltop mansion?
Did he include how he forced govs to donate to his library?
Did he include how he made himself petroleum minister yet there was no fuel and fuel scarcity persisted?
Did he include how he converted govt lands meant for operation feed the nation into Obasanjo farms?
Did he tell the world that he used his EFCC to chase political opponents into line?
Did he inform the world how he forced Gov Mbadunuju to continue to bribe political godfather?
Hope he included how he used minority to impeach Gov Joshua Dariye in Plateau State.
Did he state his role in the assassination of Bola Ige, Pa Rewane, and others?
Is it in his book that instead of building universities for Nigerians, he built private university for only the children of the rich?
What about his longer throat for power to go for third term, is it there?
Hope he included how he junketed the world with Nigeria money to source for the best expatriates for his Ota farm
we all knw Obj too has is bad side but far better dan GEJ.at least OBJ was doint it publicly and we all saw it but GEJ is a slow poison and he has really affected dis nation badly.he won't be d one stealing the money directly but his ministers are the ones running the show for him.that's why his ministers too doesn't give a damn about corruption.GEJ and his cabinets are embodiments and defination of corruption.he even said it that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.when the girls were missing he never said anytin abt it cos he belivd it was a lie.until wen protests and international communities started talkin abt it.evn till now he still can't deliver dem and he wants to be president again.OBJ is a saint wen compared to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Iroh88(m): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
Asek1:
The critic criticised well especially in the last statement
I wonder why baba does not want to rest
Nobody holy pass o
He'd rest when he dies. Regardless of his wrong deeds in the past which includes making Jonathan Nigeria's president, we are grateful he's decided to use his last days (so to speak) to make efforts to pull the country from the brink of catastrophe my duly criticising the status quo. It is much better than (in my opinion) than what some of his peers have decided to do- fold their arms and watch events play themselves out regardless of their propriety or otherwise.

I didn't quite like the Baba, but I feel his posturing lately is indeed timely and sell thought out.

Jonathan needs to listen.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by lumeneng22: 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
Maybe Get is not paying enough homage to baba like the Yoruba's normally do to their political fathers the baba isale. Baba should know that we are fighting corruption na.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Asek1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
Iroh88:
He'd rest when he dies. Regardless of his wrong deeds in the past which includes making Jonathan Nigeria's president, we are grateful he's decided to use his last days (so to speak) to make efforts to pull the country from the brink of catastrophe my duly criticising the status quo. It is much better than (in my opinion) than what some of his peers have decided to do- fold their arms and watch events play themselves out regardless of their propriety or otherwise.

I didn't quite like the Baba, but I feel his posturing lately is indeed timely and sell thought out.

Jonathan needs to listen.

He has ears...
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by millionaireman: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
If the book is not telling about Nigeria being unfortunate by having someone like Obasanjo for too many years in apex leadership position, then the book is telling lies.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by darediamond(m): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
tochman:

Obj will be the last person to let Buhari rule Nigeria any day anytime, trust me
An insigthfull and heavily loaded comment!!
But could you please explain why?
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Egonec(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
The truth is dat Nigeria can NEVER progress if we continue to hav d likes of dis old man (OBJ) here. SMH!!! I jst wish d likes of OBJ would b bannished frm dis country so we could hav peace!
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by mgbeketoto: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
THE WEST BETRAYS THE EAST AGAIN!
Monkey must always pursue banana!

*OBJ. . . gradually shifting to APC* cheesy

After GEJ don pay tithes to OBJ AND ANENIH finish?
What a rip-off! cheesy
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Esperooke(m): 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
qtx:

First, GEJ hasn't spent up to 6 yrs, rather if you say 5 yrs it will be justifiable. and to be very fare and honest i will give him 67% given that there are alot of people antagonising his govt and wishing he fails. And of course the pass mark is 40% so i will want to believe he has tried.

Its either u r not living in this country or u have a faulty sense of judgement. The earlier u realise that GEJ greatest adversary is his 'cluelessness' and his 'weakness' the better for you. Every man faces challenge but ones attitude to them is what defines his quality.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Jahbles93: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
OBJ now a Saint. ...after the death of 3rd term.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by darediamond(m): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
UnknownT:
Yes! Who doesn't know that Obasanjo is the only nigerian president that is not corrupt, in fact his new title should be Saint Olusegun Obasanjo.

You had the chance to 'give' us a president that will do better than you, but you gave us one you felt you could control and a vice that got to know that he was to become a vice on the day of the PDP congress. Now that 'powerless' vice has now grown wings and chased you out you are now telling us what we had known since GEJ's days as deputy governor. In Ojukwu's voice, 'good morning aremu'.
[b][/b]
PS: OBJ shd pray that GEJ doesn't get reelected come next year, because if he does win, by then GEJ doesn't have anybody to please to get another tenure and he will deal with OBJ with the help of his 'unforgiving' wife PEJ
I do not think it is only OBJ that will receive his long time reserved Jampings.
I forsee WAR!!!
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by darediamond(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
quid:
"History is a collection of LIES that have been agreed upon" - Napoleon
Maaan!!
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
sexyedjutto:
Jonathan has done alot,the country is very big serious
rili
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by asids55: 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
BlackSEER:
obasanjo is worse than Jonathan.He should tell us where he bank all the billions set aside for power generation,Stove-pot calling Gas cooker-kettle black

bolo...u and your future generations will enjoy the benefits of objs administration (in terms of what he did in the communication sector), mention one u have benefited directly from jonadafts administration? ??
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by akinsadeez(m): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

How come the court order was given without Obasanjo or his councel there? Do you know that the book can still be made accessible online?

It was an exparte application. The law allows those types of applications in cases of urgency pike this. Obasanjo was about releasing d book, there was no time to first serve him with court papers before the motion was heard.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by darediamond(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
Do you say warming up? You are wrong!
They are already in action but it can only been seen with advance Goooooooogle!
Shey dos guys for OBJ regime dey kidnap pipu, this time around, I forsee them Bombing those foreign owned Oil companies if dm no make GEJ rule till 2019.
chi4ik:
I just lost my respect for OBJ, how on earth will a well respected man behave like this? behaving like a kid just because GEJ refused to b licking his fucking yansh! it's a pity that we don't have respect for our President but u guys should remember that whoever God has made a king is a king already. nobody will stop GEJ next year, most of u guys will b disappointed. d only advice I have for Nigerians is that this politicians are just using us to make money. Nigeria will face a hazardous problem if GEJ losses next election cos south south militants are warming up. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by donemperor: 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
Reading through the various cooments on this forum brings tears to my eyes and makes me wonder where we are headed as a nation.How can someone refer to someone old enough to be his/her grandfather as an ape and a fool?pls nairalanders however strongly we feel about issues let s watch our language plzz it s really disgusting seeing some of the comments here.everyone is welcome to his/ her opinions sha .
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
akinsadeez:

It was an exparte application. The law allows those types of applications in cases of urgency pike this. Obasanjo was about releasing d book, there was no time to first serve him with court papers before the motion was heard.
In Pilate's voice, "what I have written, I have writte." The excerpts of the book is already being read online. Jonathan and Kashamu are fighting a lost battle.
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by toy1980: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2014
Cyberbaze:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ydqhy0bw9vw/VIWYQZZpyAI/AAAAAAAABsk/7tCbNI-8PEo/s280/my-watch-obasanjo.jpg[/img]

An attempt by Buruji Kashamu, a close associate of President Goodluck Jonathan, to stop the publication of a three-volume book by former President Obasanjo, appears to have failed as SaharaReporters can confirm that the book has gone into circulation. A source close to Mr. Obasanjo confirmed to SaharaReporters late last night that copies of the former president’s exhaustive autobiography were already available to buyers in print form.
The source that the book would soon be available in an electronic version that is beyond the jurisdiction of Nigerian courts.

SaharaReporters has already obtained and read sections of the book scheduled for formal launch in Nigeria in a few days

The book, whose three volumes chronicle the life of the controversial former president from birth till this year, aroused political interest after SaharaReporters exclusively reported that Mr. Obasanjo devotes significant pages to paint an unflattering portrait of President Jonathan. We reported that the book characterizes Mr. Jonathan as selfish, weak-willed, callous and incapable of rising to the challenges of running a complex country like Nigeria. Mr. Obasanjo also accuses the president of surrounding himself with aides and political associates with corrupt tendencies.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book dedicates several parts in the book to point out some of Mr. Jonathan’s actions and inactions he considers ill-advised or disastrous for Nigeria. He depicts Mr. Jonathan as a man who has not only destroyed the Peoples Democratic Party but also led Nigeria in dire straights.

The book focuses on several instances of policy somersaults by Mr. Jonathan as well as deliberate actions by the incumbent president that have imperiled Nigeria’s progress in the opinion of Mr. Jonathan.

An Abuja-based lawyer and critic of Mr. Obasanjo accused the former president of seeking to use the book to earn cheap popularity, adding that Mr. Obasanjo cannot get away from responsibility for “sponsoring President Jonathan’s rise to political prominence and the Presidency.”

“We have been saying it from day one that President Goodluck Jonathan does not have the qualities to become a true leader, but we cannot forget that Chief Obasanjo singlehandedly put him and the late President Umaru Yar’Adua in office,” the lawyer said.

Mr. Obasanjo’s book also castigates former President Umaru Yar’Adua, former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, and former Governor James Ibori of Delta State, Bukola Saraki, among other political foes.

In the book, the former president also makes an incredible claim that he was never interested in pursuing a third term while in office.

“That is a clear lie,” said Mr. Obasanjo’s critic. “To even deny what is so obvious to every Nigerian shows that Chief Obasanjo has little regard for the truth.”

Source = [url=http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/08/obasanjo%E2%80%99s-book-out-declares-president-jonathan-incapable-governing-well]SaharaReporters[/url]

www.brandednaija..com

We need the electronic version for those of us that cannot get our hand on the hard copy. I can't wait to read this book
Re: Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well by pay007: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has forgot to state the fact that he forced Jonathan down our throats.So why is he ranting via a book?There is something he is not telling the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Aisha Buhari's 'My Husband Not In Control' Comment / Vote APC Out In 2019 If .... - Bukola Saraki's Throwback Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.