Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update (36042 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by chuzimgaius(f): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Alikaxon:
PLEASE NOTE: We are not "IKA", we are AGBOR people, and we speak Agbor language. "IKA is a political name..." please! Congrats to OKOWA. [left] For those quoting me, I can't reply any of you. Alot of people are ignorant about this. In the history of Agbor to the B.Cs, we have all been Agbor, and spoken Agbor language, just like the Binis; they are Binis and they speak Bini. The fact is that several of these initially Agbor communities or villages seceded and became independent. All the presently acclaimed Ika communities were previously under Agbor dynasty. Ika was the name of one of the sons of past Obi of Agbor. All those communities gathered to coin or adopt the name "IKA", as they wanted to be completely independent. Well, you can be independent but that doesn't change the facts of history. It is a political name, not an ethnic name..... I should pause here, go check your history. No squabbles intended, just a fact. I don't even intend to convince you, but just to inform you. Quote me maturedly, maybe I would reply.

Get your history right. Neither Ute nor Owa came from Agbor. Yes, Agbor is the oldest kingdom in the area but definitely not the founder of the other kingdoms nor dynasties.

Ika is the language, Agbor is a kingdom that speaks the Ika language. Stop seeking individual relevance for your ethnicity
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asamaigho(m): 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
Sacramento4real:

what is this one even writing?I can't even understand what you are writing.Who is called buh?Is that the name of a person,animal, place or things?Talking about vote;which vote does Tony Obuh had?Is he a politician?Which election has he contested before now?Tony Obuh was taken by Uduaghan to meet Ibori in his London prison to present him as his anointed candidate,Ibori didn't even come out to see them.He told Uduaghan that a total stranger cannot be the governor of the state,while others who has been members of the inner circle are there.Obuh has been rejected for long.even Edwin Clark rejected Obuh.Uduaghan wanted someone that would be loyal to him.He knew he couldn't find that in any of the other urhobo aspirants or even some of the Anioma aspirants,so he opted for Obuh.His mantra of equity has been a fias all along.He really wanted Obuh.He wasn't just there to share votes.Why did he pick an Urhobo aspirant?why not another Anioma aspirant?It was Ibori who wanted Okowa,not Uduaghan.He wanted to play same game with Senator James Manager,but he was smarter than him.Now,he has lost out on two fonts.He can't go for senate,and he can't enthron a loyalist.What a shame!Governor Chime isn't going for senate,but he is enthroning a loyalist.I Say it again;when Ibori comes out,Uduaghan is going there to replace him.Lubbish!

u kno nothing about politics,y did okowa visit uduaghan today,why was there a huge celebration in his house in warri with okowa and OBUH present? why did OBUH giv all his delegates to okowa in d last minute,
my guy politics no b sentiments ooo shine ur eye
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asamaigho(m): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ruggedbaba:
I just can't help but laugh at the ethnic warlords! This is one of the reasons why Buhari is disliked! He thinks and talk about only the North!
Those from Delta Central and South distrust those from the North, based on one simple reason- they love gloating and scheming! Okowa has not won the election and yet , his kinsmen has started planning how to share the state resources!
How many votes were cast in Delta North during the last Presidential elections? Compare it to the Central and North? Okowa needs toxic votes from Warri North, if not, he is cooked goose! And if you don't know, Uduaghan, Emami and Ejele holds the key to the Itsekiri voting system! He has to come to terms with them, and as you know,our allocations will be involved, or else, the Ngige saga will happen again ! If he does not cooperate, they will blackmail him with electoral malpractices! That is what Uba used to destroy Ngige, and Obi won the case! The people will always be a loser! The leaders ganged up against Engr Kragha , a petroleum godfather in Norway,in 1999, because they felt that Ibori is a bridge between the Itsekiris and Urhobos. He played a fast one on them later.
I weep for Delta State because our future is really bleak, compared to the rest of the Niger Delta. We are the piggy bank of PDP!

gbam
hammer on d nail.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Sacramento4real(m): 6:39am On Dec 10, 2014
asamaigho:

u kno nothing about politics,y did okowa visit uduaghan today,why was there a huge celebration in his house in warri with okowa and OBUH present? why did OBUH giv all his delegates to okowa in d last minute,
my guy politics no b sentiments ooo shine ur eye

lolz!Like he had a choice.If you are still in doubt,click on this link and read this vanguard news for your self.http://www.vanguardngr.com/category/politics/
That should settle it,i guess.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asamaigho(m): 7:15am On Dec 10, 2014
Sacramento4real:

lolz!Like he had a choice.If you are still in doubt,click on this link and read this vanguard news for your self.http://www.vanguardngr.com/category/politics/
That should settle it,i guess.

so u can't rwad btw d line?,OBUH (UDUAGHANS candidate stepped down and gave his votes to okowa) doesn't. dat tell u dat uduaghan was behind d scene working for okowa? OBUH was doing Uduaghans bidding,cos his form was bought by uduaghan.if uduaghan was not working for okowa,he would hav ordered. obuhs. vote for edevbie.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Sacramento4real(m): 10:12am On Dec 10, 2014
asamaigho:

so u can't rwad btw d line?,OBUH (UDUAGHANS candidate stepped down and gave his votes to okowa) doesn't. dat tell u dat uduaghan was behind d scene working for okowa? OBUH was doing Uduaghans bidding,cos his form was bought by uduaghan.if uduaghan was not working for okowa,he would hav ordered. obuhs. vote for edevbie.

Mr. Man,why are you contradicting your self?He stepped down,yet contested the primary?Why would he score any vote at all,if really he stepped down and gave Okowa his votes?The truth of the matter is,he was dumped at the Eleventh hour.Power changed hands at the eleventh hour.There was a power play involved at the dieing minutes.Uduaghan couldn't keep up with the pace.The forces against him were more powerful than those that were for him.It took Ibori just 24 hours to change the tide in the primary.Forget about Uduaghan congratulating Okowa publicly.That's mere face saving!
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asamaigho(m): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
Sacramento4real:

Mr. Man,why are you contradicting your self?He stepped down,yet contested the primary?Why would he score any vote at all,if really he stepped down and gave Okowa his votes?The truth of the matter is,he was dumped at the Eleventh hour.Power changed hands at the eleventh hour.There was a power play involved at the dieing minutes.Uduaghan couldn't keep up with the pace.The forces against him were more powerful than those that were for him.It took Ibori just 24 hours to change the tide in the primary.Forget about Uduaghan congratulating Okowa publicly.That's mere face saving!

edevbie will d New ss,SSG later d GOV after okowa tenure,d circle continues.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by komek(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
cheruv:

if you Urobos have 25LGs how many then does delta have?

U dey mind stupid person?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by komek(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
erico2k2:
TWO DECISIONs THAT FINISHED GOV UDUAGHAN's DREAM FOR MR TONY OBUH
1) UPU's Involvement in PDP Primaries:
The UPU's involvement in Partisan (PDP) Politics at the Pre-PDP Primaries which lasted for almost 4Months is what really helped Sen Okowa to clinch the Gov Ticket yesterday. Hence, Gov Uduaghan would have peacefully had his way if not for the constant/consistent pressure from UPU and the Delta Central of their demands.
2) UPU Endorsement of David Edebvie:
From the Onset, people like me new David would not sail through because of His rôle in the Yar Adua saga against GEJ. So, he was never going to get Fédéral support. The moment he was endorsed, we new a fundamental/deliberate mistake had been made by UPU to frustrate further the Gov Uduaghan Dream for Tony Obuh.
This two décisions in disguise created a level playing ground for Sen Okowa, & resulted to his victory in yesterdays' PDPs' primaries.
I will not say much for the rest is now history, but I will humbly request that Delta North should not celebrate in Isolation of UPUs' rôle.
Reason:
If not for the rôle of UPU; the only known body/group in Delta State that fought Gov Uduaghan to failure, Delta North would not have had the chance of having their best & widely accepted son, in the person of Sen Okowa winning PDPs' primaries.
Finally, though the journey to the Government House is still far ahead, but at least all candidates now available to Deltans (Great Ogboru, Chief O'tega, & Sen Okowa) are widely accepted from the Grass root youth to the Ordinary Mother/Father in the Streets of Delta State. This is what we want. This is what the UPU and entire Delta Central made possible for all Deltans.
Congratulations to Sen (Dr) I Okowa, as PDPs' flag bearer in Delta State.
Long Live UPU
Long Live Delta Central
Long Live The Urhobo Nation
Long Live Delta State
Long Live our Great Party PDP: Power to All.
Written by: Comr Rotr. Brume Akatugba

Oh Akatugba is this u?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by tonychristopher: 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
SpencerLewis:

Which one be Agbor language kwa. I know Ika north and south speak Ika Igbo, which is one of the Igbo dialects. Don't come here to confuse us with ur 'we are not Ika but Agbor' when u know that Agbor is just a town in Ika land and H/qtrs of Ika south(not exactly sure if north or south LGA). Ur dialect is like me speaking my own Igbo dialect but all of us speak Central Igbo, answer Igbo names etc. Only pretenders pretend that they don't hear Igbo when it suits them, but will be the 1st speak it when it suit them 4 another reason (esp religious).
So Ika(Anioma man) man park well biko my brother.

When you think that these ika has reached their apex of stupidity in their identity crisis ..they will display their grandiose stupidity

Now INA is different agbor different ..so agbor is not part of ika

Let us see
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by agbotaen: 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
stupied igbo man , who asked you to comment on ika or delta issues? are you from ika land , why dont you face your igbo ethnicity that the british helped you to form , and your so called wise people think the name igbo was formed by God , its not even up to 200 years that your so called igbo was fored by the europeans .ika is a seperate ethnic group, different from igbo or any other tribe and thats how it will be . that was why our people refused to join biafra during the civil war , and we have never been part of your ohaneze ndigbo , so let ika people be , if we have problems amongst our self what concerns the igbo man there , if yorubas are quarelling wetin concern igbo there ?
as for the igbo names , they are ika peoples first name for those ikas who have igbo names but they are usually not our family names , or family names are usually benin and ishan names -examples are
1. nduka obaigbena
2. nduka irabor
3. ifeanyi okowa
4. jim ovia
5. bamidele omojafor
7. anthony aigbogun
8. billy osagie .
so we have benin surnames , so are we benins ? the answer is no , ika is a distinct ethnicity right from ancient times .
finally , i want to let you know that in 1930 , our elders told the british that ika is a distinct ethnic group different from any ethnic group in nigeria , this was when benins claimed they owned agbor and other ika areas

2 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by agbotaen: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
many uhrobos will vote an ika candidate , especially okowa , okowa is a saleable candidate in all parts of delta , and he is a grass roots politician , he even has the stunch support of many uhrobo people , including ibori , and the way delta is configured , no ethnic group can win without the other , uhrobos always win because aniomas and others vote for them ,

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Joe82834(m): 6:34am On Dec 14, 2014
precious00:
Panadol wont even solve your problem
And you are thinking it will solve yours
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by tonychristopher: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2014
agbotaen:
stupied igbo man , who asked you to comment on ika or delta issues? are you from ika land , why dont you face your igbo ethnicity that the british helped you to form , and your so called wise people think the name igbo was formed by God , its not even up to 200 years that your so called igbo was fored by the europeans .ika is a seperate ethnic group, different from igbo or any other tribe and thats how it will be . that was why our people refused to join biafra during the civil war , and we have never been part of your ohaneze ndigbo , so let ika people be , if we have problems amongst our self what concerns the igbo man there , if yorubas are quarelling wetin concern igbo there ?
as for the igbo names , they are ika peoples first name for those ikas who have igbo names but they are usually not our family names , or family names are usually benin and ishan names -examples are
1. nduka obaigbena
2. nduka irabor
3. ifeanyi okowa
4. jim ovia
5. bamidele omojafor
7. anthony aigbogun
8. billy osagie .
so we have benin surnames , so are we benins ? the answer is no , ika is a distinct ethnicity right from ancient times .
finally , i want to let you know that in 1930 , our elders told the british that ika is a distinct ethnic group different from any ethnic group in nigeria , this was when benins claimed they owned agbor and other ika areas

Stupid identity crisis

Is okowa an Edo name

Tell me the meaning
I will tell u in Igbo

I have seen many ika man that say they are Igbo

Your fore fathers might be Edo refugees settled in ika land that doesn't mean we don't have son of the soil
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by obiak4(m): 9:13am On Dec 22, 2014
Ruggedbaba:
I just can't help but laugh at the ethnic warlords! This is one of the reasons why Buhari is disliked! He thinks and talk about only the North!
Those from Delta Central and South distrust those from the North, based on one simple reason- they love gloating and scheming! Okowa has not won the election and yet , his kinsmen has started planning how to share the state resources!
How many votes were cast in Delta North during the last Presidential elections? Compare it to the Central and North? Okowa needs toxic votes from Warri North, if not, he is cooked goose! And if you don't know, Uduaghan, Emami and Ejele holds the key to the Itsekiri voting system! He has to come to terms with them, and as you know,our allocations will be involved, or else, the Ngige saga will happen again ! If he does not cooperate, they will blackmail him with electoral malpractices! That is what Uba used to destroy Ngige, and Obi won the case! The people will always be a loser! The leaders ganged up against Engr Kragha , a petroleum godfather in Norway,in 1999, because they felt that Ibori is a bridge between the Itsekiris and Urhobos. He played a fast one on them later.
I weep for Delta State because our future is really bleak, compared to the rest of the Niger Delta. We are the piggy bank of PDP!
sharing of resources am not aware of that, so your take is okowa should strike a deal with the gov. or what that old school mentality pls correct me if am wrong what are friends for.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by agbotaen: 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
foolish igbo man , what do u know about ika history or tradition , okowa is from owa- alero and owa alero was founded by omi eborwise from agbor royal family , along with some benins, and other ika people like the utes and co and i am from owa-oyibu , and to be precise my village is called idumu-iizomor and i am from the lineage of the second obi of owa called igbedigin and omigie , so i guess you igbo propaganda will tell me my village name is igbo and my ancestors name is igbo and even eborwise is also an igbo name , why dont you mind your igbo affairs and leave ika people alone.
2. no ika prominent king or person belong to ohaneze ndigbo , is that not enough evidence to tell you ika does not want any thing igbo .
3. chief ifeanyi arthur okowa is not a member of ohaneze .
4. let me answer your question about the meaning of okowa , the nane is made up of two words -1. oko- means prince in ika /benin languge or simply some call it male and uwa- means wealth /well being in edo language but now due to language change it is called uwe in ika.
so it means prince of wealth , when you are pronouncing it it becomes okowa - the u is removed .
5. we also have a name in ika called efose -it is made up of two words - efe-wealth and ose- God from a shortened form of oselobue and when they want to write it or called it , its efose
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by agbotaen: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
1. i dont know why igbos like to drink panadol for another mans head ache, that ika people are a seperate ethnicity under anioma , we are not igbos and we have never been igbos , if you say we have relationship with igbos , i will agree and so also do we have with the binis, too.
2. 99 percent of ika people belong to ogua/onu ika , that is our organisation , we do not belong to ohaneze ndigbo.
3. the only patches of ika people who claim to be igbo are from igbodo axis, and they are the nearest to igbo cultural areas and some of their fathers migrated into ika , may be some 100 years ago , and so we understand , and even the ika they speak is much diluted .
4. okowa is an ika man and he does not belong to any igbo ethnic meeting , but attends ogua ika regularly .
5. delta state governorship is not gotten on the basis of being igbo or not being igbo , as you must realise that many people inhabit the geo-space called delta , and okowa won on the basis of his popularity and not because he is from delta north , as the contest was free for all .
6. i have long told many people that if delta north will become governor in delta for now , it will come from ika or the ndokwa axix , but ika is highly favoured for many reasons.
7. since 1930 , ika has declared their independence of any other ethnic group be it benin or igbo and the attempts of benins to tell the british that ika is part of benin failed in 1930 and that of the igbos failed in 1967 , when they made same claims that ika was part of igbo land , and our elders rejected them .
8. ika people are proud and hardworking and intelligence and we dont need an igbo appendage to be successful in nigeria and we are not suffering from we are being marginalised syndrome

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kenneth Okonkwo: If South-East Don't Vote Buhari, They Will Be In Wilderness / ‘The Buhari-Effect’ Heats Up Aso Rock- Daily Trust / Oyegun Formally Replies Tinubu: "Your Allegations Are Reckless And False"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.