Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update (36052 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 12:53am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

You are wrong. Urhobo population is 30-35% of Delta population, Anioma is 30%.

The only reason why it appears like Urhobo are the overwhelming majority in Delta is because they have had power in Delta for long, starting from the De throning of Osadebey to the rise in power of Ejoor. Urhobo. in. Delta politics so much reminds me of the North in Nigerian politics pre GEJ. Like the north, Urhobo is ripe for trimming.
name Anioma LGA and let me name Urhobo LGA,U seem to forget eh urhobos have 4 kingdoms not just one. dont forget we only ha 25 LGAs
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 12:55am On Dec 09, 2014
jahchild34:
d guy matter tire both beggars for street sef, d man use glue, akagum everything hold delta state money, choiii, senatorial seat no go area for am, who he was supporting for governorship failed bigtime in todays primaries, MEN!!! Are u seeing what I am saw? Lolz
ahahah U funny die, me I no care who win situation remains dsams o n ground nah only Ibori made the difference by buldozing everybody to empower his direct people,can anyone else do same?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

ahahah U funny die, me I no care who win situation remains dsams o n ground nah only Ibori made the difference by buldozing everybody to empower his direct people,can anyone else do same?
Well we'll have to keep our fingers crossed o, but my guts tells me Okowa will deliver, at least he better than the candidate Uduaghan brought (Obuh) Obuh was supposed to continue paying ibori's debt but Deltans don sharp pass like dat. Lemme not even speak of Edevbie sef. There is hope my broda
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 1:08am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

name Anioma LGA and let me name Urhobo LGA,U seem to forget eh urhobos have 4 kingdoms not just one. dont forget we only ha 25 LGAs

Aniocha south
Aniocha North
Ika South
Ika North East
Ndokwa East
Ndokwa West
Oshimili North
Oshimili South
Ukwuani
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by denedene(m): 1:10am On Dec 09, 2014
Opiosko:
That over fed kid was a joke from the start.
cheesy but he was pulling crowd mehnnn politicians cn lie. I retire from supporting any angry
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Oh! It proves alot. The answer to that question is simple, just a Yes or No.

Answer it first, then I would logically show you how the answer goes a long way to prove. how detribalized you are.
really? may i remind you that the chief crux of our argument is not how detribalised i am. On the contrary, it is whether or not there are still detribalised Nigerians. Even if you so logically prove i am anything but detribalised, which i vehemently doubt you can, it still wouldn't validate your assertion that no Nigerian is detribalised. Any attempt to do so would amount to a fallacy of hasty generalisation as I'm just one Nigerian out of tens of thousands of Nigerians. I'm little more than a dot in a maze. Like i said you seem to look at things from the smeared screen of hasty generalisation. How many of the millions of Nigerians(both home and in the diaspora) have you even come in contact with to have drawn the conclusion that no Nigerian is detribalised?

Now, you still haven't answered my question sire. I said show me the nexus between your question and your twaddle! For one, you even failed to qualify what sort of hero he is or he is not( Whether he is a national or an ethnic hero or not). Well, let's see how you answer this - just say yes or no. Is ojukwu a hero or not? Your answer to this question will show how logical your question was.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 1:11am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Aniocha south
Aniocha North
Ika South
Ika North East
Ndokwa East
Ndokwa West
Oshimili North
Oshimili South
Ukwuani
Ok howmany do the urhobos have and share?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by denedene(m): 1:12am On Dec 09, 2014
QSheba:
I wanted him to win too
let's hope for the best
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 1:14am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

Ok howmany do the urhobos have and share?

Urhobo has eight.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 1:19am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Urhobo has eight.
then U dont know
Sapele
Okpe
Uvwie
Ethiope East
Ethipe west
Udu
Isoko North
Isoko SOuth
Ugheli North
Ugheli South
part of Warri North
part of warri South.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 1:22am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Urhobo has eight.
Just so U know you have the one senatorial District, Urhobos cover two check again.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 1:23am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

then U dont know
Sapele
Okpe
Uvwie
Ethiope East
Ethipe west
Udu
Isoko North
Isoko SOuth
Ugheli North
Ugheli South
part of Warri North
part of warri South.

Isoko. is distinct from Urhobo, right from the very beginning. Remove Isoko and we have eight for Urhobo.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 1:27am On Dec 09, 2014
So rounding up figures from 2006 population census, the Urhobos has a population of 1.6 million, the Anioma has 1.3 million.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 1:28am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Isoko. is distinct from Urhobo, right from the very beginning. Remove Isoko and we have eight for Urhobo.

U r wrong,Im okpe and we come from Isoko,the name of the area is called Okpe Isoko,U dnt know the history Ok,If you remember well I told U the Urhobos have 4 kingdoms, more so go and check we the urhobos are spread across 2 of teh 3 Senetorial seat of Delta state Delta Central and Delta South,Anioma owns Delta North and that is that.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 1:30am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:
So rounding up figures from 2006 population census, the Urhobos has a population of 1.6 million, the Anioma has 1.3 million.
Are you Deliberately being Biased to yourself or this is genuine lack of knowledge of history and population regards to Districts?
os from same soure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_State
The Urhobos happen to be 1447605
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 1:35am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

U r wrong,Im okpe and we come from Isoko,the name of the area is called Okpe Isoko,U dnt know the history Ok,If you remember well I told U the Urhobos have 4 kingdoms, more so go and check we the urhobos are spread across 2 of teh 3 Senetorial seat of Delta state Delta Central and Delta South,Anioma owns Delta North and that is that.
https://www.nairaland.com/2025576/what-does-rumu-mean/1#28709246

No, Isoko(Igabo) had always been distinct from Urhobo(Sobo).

Urhobo are only indigenous to Delta central and has eight local governments.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 1:37am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Guy I come from Okpe Isoko so if waht you saying is true that means teh Okpes are not urhobos,have you checked teh structure of UPU? check and tell me if you dont find Isoko there, the immediate past leader who dies not long ago is an Okpe man check again bro you aint urhobo so i dont xpect you to know so i will pardon U on that one.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 1:43am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

u can read here teh Urhobo nation
http://waado.org/CulturalUnits/AgbarhaAme/WarriEthnicProblems/ObiomahOnUrhoboWarri/WARRI_URHOBO_HistoryIdentity.html
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 1:47am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

Guy I come from Okpe Isoko so if waht you saying is true that means teh Okpes are not urhobos,have you checked teh structure of UPU? check and tell me if you dont find Isoko there, the immediate past leader who dies not long ago is an Okpe man check again bro you aint urhobo so i dont xpect you to know so i will pardon U on that one.

Okpe is one of the. eight LGAs Of Urhobo. Okpe is in Delta central nah.

Urhobo population according to 2006 population census is approximately 1.6 million, Anioma is approximately 1.3 million.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by jared007: 4:28am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

You are wrong. Urhobo population is 30-35% of Delta population, Anioma is 30%.

The only reason why it appears like Urhobo are the overwhelming majority in Delta is because they have had power in Delta for long, starting from the De throning of Osadebey to the rise in power of Ejoor. Urhobo. in. Delta politics so much reminds me of the North in Nigerian politics pre GEJ. Like the north, Urhobo is ripe for trimming.
ur 2006 census figures u quoting concerning urhobos was a fraud masterminded by ibori. Ibori even reduced urhobo voting population from 51percent to 39percent. Ibori was an enemy and yet a friend of urhobo. In reality urhobo population outweighs anioma but on paper its not so!
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by jared007: 4:41am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

urhobos are indigenous to both delta central and south. In delta south they occupy warri-souh and patani Lga.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 5:46am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

my dear am from asaba, urhobo's are a little bit more in population, but have the advantage because the ijaw, isoko and itshekiri find it easier to aligned with the urhobo's..we have 9 lga, while the urhobo's have 8 lga..but that doesnt translate into more population for us.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Joe82834(m): 6:11am On Dec 09, 2014
informat101:
what are u sayingam trying to educate on the name of the language we speak.is ika stop saying we speak agbor.there is agbor,owa,there is abavo,umunede and so many others the language is ika
all these are dialects of the Igbo language. Same way in Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi, Abia, Rivers we have many(over 30) dialects of the Igbo language. Non of these started own the language as they are same with different blends and minute differences. Same with Yorubas and Hausas. Love
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by extension: 6:26am On Dec 09, 2014
Good for deltans. Finally,that cousin to cousin stuff is over.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Bigloaf: 6:32am On Dec 09, 2014
Arysexy:
Uduaghan kept his promise. equity is d mother of peace.

Urhobo wadoo abi na wayooo. Shame!
you have not seen the end n u are happy. Wait till u see the end n u will know who will carry the day.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by esof1(f): 6:43am On Dec 09, 2014
sunnshyn:
I don't like Ika people. These sets of beings can be MEAN..very MEAN

Sen Dr Okonwa looks calm and intelligent. I hope he delivers if he eventually becomes governor...

I'm from Ibusa by the way...
You can't say all ika people are bad. There are wicked people in every tribe. Okowa is a good man, I've met him in person. I had an ika boss 3 yrs ago, he's the best boss I've ever had till date.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by sunnshyn(f): 6:55am On Dec 09, 2014
esof1:

You can't say all ika people are bad. There are wicked people in every tribe. Okowa is a good man, I've met him in person. I had an ika boss 3 yrs ago, he's the best boss I've ever had till date.

Congrats dear..
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by LadyH(f): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2014
Epaul:
There was rily no nid 4 all that long talk. I min what i stated, borne outta no evil intentions, is a general knowledge; a fact. Im pretty sure if it was in line with what u sed it is, ofcos, it wuda resulted to that. Take a chill pill. Facts are facts. 1 Delta! Hve a nice day.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by chux4liv(m): 7:27am On Dec 09, 2014
IkA my origin.... Congratulation to my kinsman.... Now development should be channel towards Us
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asamaigho(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2014
Mayany:
SEN Okowa The man of the people we the urhobos like it like that shame to Uduaghan

Wetin dis dry talk
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by esof1(f): 8:00am On Dec 09, 2014
sunnshyn:

Congrats dear..
U don't have to congratulate me
I'm an Edo person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Governor Ambode Responds Swiftly To Akobi Crescent Flood Crisis ( Pics&videos) / Olusegun Obasanjo Dances & Exercises To Keep Himself Fit (Video) / Buhari Meets Young Nigerians In Washington D.C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.