Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update (36044 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
komek:

That's true because the Urhobos have been able to buy the conscience of our pple. If the Ikas and the Ukwuanis would play the politics of majority and believe that "Uba bu ike" I see no reason why we cannot continue winning the governorship position in Delta state with 9 LG out of 25.
did U see howmany LGAs the Urhibos occupy?did U also check howmany fedral constituency do they spread accross
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Dikwons(f): 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
Tribalism leads nowhere but backwards! Whatever happened to voting for those with the capability to move us forward? We are supposed to research them, weigh their good qualities against their bad, etc.

But here we are voting for tribe.

Since when does your tribe determine your worth? If you are an Isoko person and you see that a certain Ijaw person has what it takes to move us forward(just an example), why not vote for him so as to have swift development and even lay sound foundation for younger generations? Why do we have to be caged by tribalism?

Imagine, I got a text from 'Delta Unite' saying Tompolo has ordered all Ijaws to vote against the Urhobos, so the UPU has declared that the Urhobo nation will vote against Jonathan. Imagine that! I was even pissed that airtel allowed such text messages.

Congrats to Ifeanyi Okowa.
I have met and spoken to him before and I see him as cool and down to earth, though I know that's not all that is required. I don't know about other candidates from other parties but I pray that the best person for Delta state wins.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by SpencerLewis(m): 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
Alikaxon:
PLEASE NOTE: We are not "IKA", we are AGBOR people, and we speak Agbor language. "IKA is a political name..." please! Congrats to OKOWA.
Which one be Agbor language kwa. I know Ika north and south speak Ika Igbo, which is one of the Igbo dialects. Don't come here to confuse us with ur 'we are not Ika but Agbor' when u know that Agbor is just a town in Ika land and H/qtrs of Ika south(not exactly sure if north or south LGA). Ur dialect is like me speaking my own Igbo dialect but all of us speak Central Igbo, answer Igbo names etc. Only pretenders pretend that they don't hear Igbo when it suits them, but will be the 1st speak it when it suit them 4 another reason (esp religious).
So Ika(Anioma man) man park well biko my brother.

7 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
BarryX:
This ethnic inclination attached to Okowa's winning the PDP primaries especially by the Igbocentric freaks from the other side of the Niger will make me not Vote him.

Why the sudden burst of tribalistic joy?
The tribal idiiats gets on my nerves!
my sef just tire..d victory of okowa sweet d easterners pass me weh come from asaba..if voting is done in ethnical line, it favours the urhobo's, all i can say is thanks to the few delta south and central for thier understanding..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
SpencerLewis:

Which one be Agbor language kwa. I know Ika north and south speak Ika Igbo, which is one of the Igbo dialects. Don't come here to confuse us with ur 'we are not Ika but Agbor' when u know that Agbor is just a town in Ika land and H/qtrs of Ika south(not exactly sure if north or south LGA). Ur dialect is like me speaking my own Igbo dialect but all of us speak Central Igbo, answer Igbo names etc. Only pretenders pretend that they don't hear Igbo when it suits them, but will be the 1st speak it when it suit them 4 another reason (esp religious).
Teacher teach ur fellow man where he comes from..tot ure suppose to ask a man whom he is, rather than you telling him what he is..go tell the isoko man that he is urhobo or the annang or ibibbio man that dey are efik, or tell the itshekiri man that he is ilaje or yoruba...
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
informat101:
what are u sayingam trying to educate on the name of the language we speak.is ika stop saying we speak agbor.there is agbor,owa,there is abavo,umunede and so many others the language is ika
bros..stop trying to xplain...no matter how much u try, someppl who have no business here wud not want to listen...any1 who claims not to have heard of enuani, ika, ukwuani shud F*UK OFF
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
Joe82834:
Funny some Ppl from anioma still feel they ain't ibos probably due to past history. Be it Agbo, kwale ,ika they are all dialects of same language. And don't start with how a bit different u think it sounds until u enter a South East state and see differences in dialect there as well. Don't even try saying answering same names is mere coincidence that's even funnier .happy for anioma. Love
Panadol wont even solve your problem
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dikwons:
Tribalism leads nowhere but backwards! Whatever happened to voting for those with the capability to move us forward? We are supposed to research them, weigh their good qualities against their bad, etc.

But here we are voting for tribe.

Since when does your tribe determine your worth? If you are an Isoko person and you see that a certain Ijaw person has what it takes to move us forward(just an example), why not vote for him so as to have swift development and even lay sound foundation for younger generations? Why do we have to be caged by tribalism?

Imagine, I got a text from 'Delta Unite' saying Tompolo has ordered all Ijaws to vote against the Urhobos, so the UPU has declared that the Urhobo nation will vote against Jonathan. Imagine that! I was even pissed that airtel allowed such text messages.

Congrats to Ifeanyi Okowa.
I have met and spoken to him before and I see him as cool and down to earth, though I know that's not all that is required. I don't know about other candidates from other parties but I pray that the best person for Delta state wins.

Funny enough majority of Okowas votes came from the central and southern zone. With the southern zone delivering almost 50% of his votes.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
dennismukoro:
okowa should team up with edudvie david. To get the backup of the UPU because. Great Ovedje LP.is not ordinary politician since uduaghan camp have failed. Otega(APC) would be seeking support frm the upu. UPU owns 60% of vote in delta.
60%?? Na only una waka come
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

What we're you expecting? Self denial is a slippery road.

From I am not Igbo, I am Ika, to I am not Ika, I am Agbor.
Soon it would be, I am not Agbor, I am Agbor nta.
Get a job and stop wallowing...Losser
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
UnknownT:
Ogboru is not contesting? Did he go to Labour Party to contest for NLC president? grin
help me ask am
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
omonuan:

Hate is destructive. Hate no one especially if you are from Anioma. You should hate no one including the Urhobos. We are all brothers in Delta and we should not use this forum to gloat or spew hate.
trust me..most of the peeps here breeding hate aint deltans

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Our Enuani brothers,inspite of having the capital in their land has continued to be oppressed. Anyway,Okowa it is. Lets see what he can do.
God bless Delta
Bless Anioma.
if u say we are oppressed..den wat wud u call ur situation in 9ja's politics at federal level..cos 4 sure ure from the east...since 1999, uve gotten neither president nor vp..
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
LordVarys:
First Anioma governor of delta
what was Sam Obi?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
I would have loved an Oshimili or Aniocha man to emerge. I dont trust Ika people.
wetin this 1 dey talk?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
esof1:
Anioma at last
No dulling
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Maybe his distrust of Ika has alot to do with Agbontae, sony4all and other Igbophobic Ikas here on NL and in the real world. The truth is that you are more likely to find an Igbophobic Ika man, than an Igbophobic Aniocha/Oshimili man, so naturally, Igbos east of the Niger look at any Ika man with suspicion, like a case of "guilty until proven otherwise".

But folks like me know better. For every Agbontae we have in Ikaland, we have an Ogbuefi( an old time pan Igboist of Ika extraction on NL).
who be this 1??
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by precious00: 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

My point,exactly!
I dont really consider them Igbo.
Enuani need to wake the ffuck up,I swear!
who be this 1?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by cheruv: 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

name Anioma LGA and let me name Urhobo LGA,U seem to forget eh urhobos have 4 kingdoms not just one. dont forget we only ha 25 LGAs
if you Urobos have 25LGs how many then does delta have?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Michaelamo: 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

Guy I come from Okpe Isoko so if waht you saying is true that means teh Okpes are not urhobos,have you checked teh structure of UPU? check and tell me if you dont find Isoko there, the immediate past leader who dies not long ago is an Okpe man check again bro you aint urhobo so i dont xpect you to know so i will pardon U on that one.

you shame me as an isoko man, so because you came from Okpe isoko, then you are from Okpe? I can't believe it, which local government is Okpe isoko? Isoko and Urhobo are two very different tribes, Isoko is Isoko and Urhobo is Urhobo,one is south and the other is central....thank you.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Ruggedbaba: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
luvprince4real:
some of u just talk without facts.. UPU supported Great ogboru of dpp against uduaghan of pdp both in 2007 and 2011 elections just bcus he is an urhobo but they failed. That accounts for d number of dpp members in d state house. No tribe is superior/inferior to another in delta state, delta belong to all of us. I am an ika man but believe in d general delta agenda. If not for d agreement and understanding of aniomas (okowa in particular) uduaghan would hv not been d gov as he did not win okowa in d primaries then. UPU should stop playing god in delta state as delta belong to all of us. God bless delta state.
Stop talking trash! Who can lay his hand on the Bible or Koran , and swear that Ogboru lost?How many votes did Uduaghan get from Delta North? I can recall that He lost in Asaba,the capital! Even Uduaghan said and I quote " I know that many of you will switch your television off. I am sorry"!!! He said during his thanksgiving at World of Life Bible Church! Ned Nwoko and his supporters not from Delta North? He was saved by toxic votes from the creeks! His electoral case made the Supreme Court to look foolish, just like Ibori ex-convict case- "he was sentenced but not convicted "! I dare anyone to show an Internet link that chronicles the events that led to Okowa "victory " as a Senator!
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Ruggedbaba: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
I just can't help but laugh at the ethnic warlords! This is one of the reasons why Buhari is disliked! He thinks and talk about only the North!
Those from Delta Central and South distrust those from the North, based on one simple reason- they love gloating and scheming! Okowa has not won the election and yet , his kinsmen has started planning how to share the state resources!
How many votes were cast in Delta North during the last Presidential elections? Compare it to the Central and North? Okowa needs toxic votes from Warri North, if not, he is cooked goose! And if you don't know, Uduaghan, Emami and Ejele holds the key to the Itsekiri voting system! He has to come to terms with them, and as you know,our allocations will be involved, or else, the Ngige saga will happen again ! If he does not cooperate, they will blackmail him with electoral malpractices! That is what Uba used to destroy Ngige, and Obi won the case! The people will always be a loser! The leaders ganged up against Engr Kragha , a petroleum godfather in Norway,in 1999, because they felt that Ibori is a bridge between the Itsekiris and Urhobos. He played a fast one on them later.
I weep for Delta State because our future is really bleak, compared to the rest of the Niger Delta. We are the piggy bank of PDP!

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by atlwireles: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ruggedbaba:
I just can't help but laugh at the ethnic warlords! This is one of the reasons why Buhari is disliked! He thinks and talk about only the North!
Those from Delta Central and South distrust those from the North, based on one simple reason- they love gloating and scheming! Okowa has not won the election and yet , his kinsmen has started planning how to share the state resources!
How many votes were cast in Delta North during the last Presidential elections? Compare it to the Central and North? Okowa needs toxic votes from Warri North, if not, he is cooked goose! And if you don't know, Uduaghan, Emami and Ejele holds the key to the Itsekiri voting system! He has to come to terms with them, and as you know,our allocations will be involved, or else, the Ngige saga will happen again ! If he does not cooperate, they will blackmail him with electoral malpractices! That is what Uba used to destroy Ngige, and Obi won the case! The people will always be a loser! The leaders ganged up against Engr Kragha , a petroleum godfather in Norway,in 1999, because they felt that Ibori is a bridge between the Itsekiris and Urhobos. He played a fast one on them later.
I weep for Delta State because our future is really bleak, compared to the rest of the Niger Delta. We are the piggy bank of PDP!

99% of the comments from his so called kinsmen are not deltans.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
cheruv:

if you Urobos have 25LGs how many then does delta have?
I av answered this queation in my previos post plz check
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
Michaelamo:

you shame me as an isoko man, so because you came from Okpe isoko, then you are from Okpe? I can't believe it, which local government is Okpe isoko? Isoko and Urhobo are two very different tribes, Isoko is Isoko and Urhobo is Urhobo,one is south and the other is central....thank you.
u are worse than a pry school pupil to educate.I have tried and tried.I told U okpe come from Isoko frm a place called Okpe Isoko.U chise to Ignolre that.I even showed U a link from urhobi Jo al about the history of the Urhobos U failed to read it.or do U access via mobile fones?The history of the people of the Urhobo Nation is a well documented history available on the Net amd on UPU websites n Jonal cant U read? And comprehend
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by luvprince4real(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ruggedbaba:

Stop talking trash! Who can lay his hand on the Bible or Koran , and swear that Ogboru lost?How many votes did Uduaghan get from Delta North? I can recall that He lost in Asaba,the capital! Even Uduaghan said and I quote " I know that many of you will switch your television off. I am sorry"!!! He said during his thanksgiving at World of Life Bible Church! Ned Nwoko and his supporters not from Delta North? He was saved by toxic votes from the creeks! His electoral case made the Supreme Court to look foolish, just like Ibori ex-convict case- "he was sentenced but not convicted "! I dare anyone to show an Internet link that chronicles the events that led to Okowa "victory " as a Senator!
My frnd u ar d one talking with ur anus, hw cn u prove dat ogboru won d election? U urhobos (I presume u ar one) feel delta state is only 4 u guys forgeting dat delta is a multi tribal state. I bet u dat ijaw. will demand for their turn in 2022 (cus okowa is doing 2 terms), then isoko by 2030, b4 d urhobos again mayb in 2038. No tribe is superior to another we ar all deltans.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by scholag(f): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
Epaul:
There was a need madam. If you didn't see one, I saw one. The long standing haranguer of tribal accusations within Delta and your recent jingoism-drenched post are plausible reasons for it.
It's pretty obvious you seethe and spurn anything garbed in correction. You honestly need to eat humble pie and fess up that what you posted was a tad tribalistic, your intentions notwithstanding. Your statement "e kon be like say na those people get dehta" was no hum-dinger. If anything, It has all the trappings to instigate a tribal squabble on here. That your post didn't culminate in an e-bloodbath, doesn't make it any less what it is. Squelch this trifling feeble defence madam. I've eshewed slating you trenchantly because you appear more sapient than this utter vacuity. You have more need of the chill pill than i have any need for it.

this grammar is serious! I'm loving the writer already...
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by otokx(m): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
luvprince4real:
My frnd u ar d one talking with ur anus, hw cn u prove dat ogboru won d election? U urhobos (I presume u ar one) feel delta state is only 4 u guys forgeting dat delta is a multi tribal state. I bet u dat ijaw. will demand for their turn in 2022 (cus okowa is doing 2 terms), then isoko by 2030, b4 d urhobos again mayb in 2038. No tribe is superior to another we ar all deltans.

bookmarked
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
TWO DECISIONs THAT FINISHED GOV UDUAGHAN's DREAM FOR MR TONY OBUH
1) UPU's Involvement in PDP Primaries:
The UPU's involvement in Partisan (PDP) Politics at the Pre-PDP Primaries which lasted for almost 4Months is what really helped Sen Okowa to clinch the Gov Ticket yesterday. Hence, Gov Uduaghan would have peacefully had his way if not for the constant/consistent pressure from UPU and the Delta Central of their demands.
2) UPU Endorsement of David Edebvie:
From the Onset, people like me new David would not sail through because of His rôle in the Yar Adua saga against GEJ. So, he was never going to get Fédéral support. The moment he was endorsed, we new a fundamental/deliberate mistake had been made by UPU to frustrate further the Gov Uduaghan Dream for Tony Obuh.
This two décisions in disguise created a level playing ground for Sen Okowa, & resulted to his victory in yesterdays' PDPs' primaries.
I will not say much for the rest is now history, but I will humbly request that Delta North should not celebrate in Isolation of UPUs' rôle.
Reason:
If not for the rôle of UPU; the only known body/group in Delta State that fought Gov Uduaghan to failure, Delta North would not have had the chance of having their best & widely accepted son, in the person of Sen Okowa winning PDPs' primaries.
Finally, though the journey to the Government House is still far ahead, but at least all candidates now available to Deltans (Great Ogboru, Chief O'tega, & Sen Okowa) are widely accepted from the Grass root youth to the Ordinary Mother/Father in the Streets of Delta State. This is what we want. This is what the UPU and entire Delta Central made possible for all Deltans.
Congratulations to Sen (Dr) I Okowa, as PDPs' flag bearer in Delta State.
Long Live UPU
Long Live Delta Central
Long Live The Urhobo Nation
Long Live Delta State
Long Live our Great Party PDP: Power to All.
Written by: Comr Rotr. Brume Akatugba

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Alikaxon(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
SpencerLewis:

Hey bro, we are undeniably Igbo to an extent; and influenced by the binis. Sort of acculturation. And, you are ignorant about the IKA-AGBOR issue, check my post again. Thank.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
scholag:

this grammar is serious! I'm loving the writer already...
Hope my wife doesn't see this. lol.. I'm just kidding.. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Sacramento4real(m): 9:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
[quote author=asamaigho post=28725086][/quote]

what is this one even writing?I can't even understand what you are writing.Who is called buh?Is that the name of a person,animal, place or things?Talking about vote;which vote does Tony Obuh had?Is he a politician?Which election has he contested before now?Tony Obuh was taken by Uduaghan to meet Ibori in his London prison to present him as his anointed candidate,Ibori didn't even come out to see them.He told Uduaghan that a total stranger cannot be the governor of the state,while others who has been members of the inner circle are there.Obuh has been rejected for long.even Edwin Clark rejected Obuh.Uduaghan wanted someone that would be loyal to him.He knew he couldn't find that in any of the other urhobo aspirants or even some of the Anioma aspirants,so he opted for Obuh.His mantra of equity has been a fias all along.He really wanted Obuh.He wasn't just there to share votes.Why did he pick an Urhobo aspirant?why not another Anioma aspirant?It was Ibori who wanted Okowa,not Uduaghan.He wanted to play same game with Senator James Manager,but he was smarter than him.Now,he has lost out on two fonts.He can't go for senate,and he can't enthron a loyalist.What a shame!Governor Chime isn't going for senate,but he is enthroning a loyalist.I Say it again;when Ibori comes out,Uduaghan is going there to replace him.Lubbish!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

‘The Buhari-Effect’ Heats Up Aso Rock- Daily Trust / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English / Senate Shut Down As Security Agencies Lay Siege On Presiding Officers Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.