Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update (36056 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by dober(m): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2014
babygirlfl:

Ndi Nkem, nani Unu ri. Ihienwa Erue enyi eka
Enyi hwa.
Chukwu emeye ke.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by sunnshyn(f): 8:10am On Dec 09, 2014
esof1:

U don't have to congratulate me
I'm an Edo person.

Good for you darl.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by safarigirl(f): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2014
I've read about him a number of times. Seems like a man of integrity and an upstanding fellow
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Sacramento4real(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2014
Arysexy:
Uduaghan kept his promise. equity is d mother of peace.

Urhobo wadoo abi na wayooo. Shame!

if you are a Deltan or resides in Delta state,then you should be abreast with the latest happening in the state.There has been a cold war between the Former governor,Chief James Onanefe Ibori and Governor Uduaghan.I put it to you that its not out of love for the Anioma or Delta north that Uduaghan had insisted that the next governor of the state should come from that senatorial district.If it was,why did he dumped Tony Obuh,his anointed candidate at the last minute and projected an Urhobo man in the person of Mr. David Edevbie?Yet all these while,he has insisted that Urhobo shouldn't produce the next Governor.
All these while,Uduaghan had wanted to destroy the political structure of Ibori.He knew those politicians that are dire-hard supporters of Ibori.He never wanted such people to be the next Governor.He went as far as bribing the Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU) with 1 million dollars to support an urhobo Aspirant,in the person of Mr. David Edevbie at the die minute,Cause he is not a member of the Ibori's political family.But trust the Urhobos,they knew all along his plans.They showed him that they aren't fools.Though some of them voted for his aspirant,some others voted for Senator Okowa.iT was from his London prison that Ibori was making calls to his loyalists to line up behind Senator Ifeanyi Okowa.Uduaghan's aspirant came a distance second.Uduaghan is an ingrate who needs to go to jail.As it is now,he is politically finished in delta state.He can no longer contest any election in delta state again.He has no support base!No political structure!No good will from even his own itsekiri ethnic group.I put it to you that Ibori has the interest of the Anioma at heart even more than Uduaghan.Why did he opt for an Urhobo aspirant at the dieing minute?While he dumped the Anioma people,Ibori picked them up.So now,who should be considered to be a man of equity between Uduaghan and Ibori?In a free and fair election,Uduaghan cannot win a senate election.He is so unpopular in his state.Even his ethnic group has told him the the Ibori's administration favoured the more than his own.So what are we talking about.When your home rejects you,what do you expect from outsiders?

2 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by CSTR: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2014
As usual some unscrupulous elements are trying to bring division among delta north.
Imagine, one LovePeddler from nowhere stereotyping the ika people as wicked.
The nomination was given to us because we are delta north and not to satisfy any igbo agenda.
Any other interpretation shows an uncommon political naiviety and a tending to political self-destruction.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 09, 2014
LadyH:
There was rily no nid 4 all that long talk. I min what i stated, borne outta no evil intentions, is a general knowledge; a fact. Im pretty sure if it was in line with what u sed it is, ofcos, it wuda resulted to that. Take a chill pill. Facts are facts. 1 Delta! Hve a nice day.
There was a need madam. If you didn't see one, I saw one. The long standing haranguer of tribal accusations within Delta and your recent jingoism-drenched post are plausible reasons for it.
It's pretty obvious you seethe and spurn anything garbed in correction. You honestly need to eat humble pie and fess up that what you posted was a tad tribalistic, your intentions notwithstanding. Your statement "e kon be like say na those people get dehta" was no hum-dinger. If anything, It has all the trappings to instigate a tribal squabble on here. That your post didn't culminate in an e-bloodbath, doesn't make it any less what it is. Squelch this trifling feeble defence madam. I've eshewed slating you trenchantly because you appear more sapient than this utter vacuity. You have more need of the chill pill than i have any need for it.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by luvprince4real(m): 8:32am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

I will also tell you that anybody UPU supports wins, if you think Im lying name one govt they support that lost? right from Felix Ibru till date.If UPU stand behind Okowa then he wins but if the reverse is the case then what happened in Edo will happen here even if its free and fair election as UPU covers more than half of the whole delta they have more LGAs if Im not mistaking.My idea is if OKOWA has a good package for UPU then bravo.
some of u just talk without facts.. UPU supported Great ogboru of dpp against uduaghan of pdp both in 2007 and 2011 elections just bcus he is an urhobo but they failed. That accounts for d number of dpp members in d state house. No tribe is superior/inferior to another in delta state, delta belong to all of us. I am an ika man but believe in d general delta agenda. If not for d agreement and understanding of aniomas (okowa in particular) uduaghan would hv not been d gov as he did not win okowa in d primaries then. UPU should stop playing god in delta state as delta belong to all of us. God bless delta state.

5 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by LadyH(f): 8:40am On Dec 09, 2014
Epaul:
There was a need madam. If you didn't see one, I saw one. The long standing haranguer of tribal accusations within Delta and your recent jingoism-drenched post are plausible reasons for it.
It's pretty obvious you seethe and spurn anything garbed in correction. You honestly need to eat humble pie and fess up that what you posted was a tad tribalistic, your intentions notwithstanding. Your statement "e kon be like say na those people get dehta" was no hum-dinger. If anything, It has all the trappings to instigate a tribal squabble on here. That your post didn't culminate in an e-bloodbath, doesn't make it any less what it is. Squelch this trifling feeble defence madam. I've eshewed slating you trenchantly because you appear more sapient than this utter vacuity. You have more need of the chill pill than i have any need for it.
C you! Entangling yourself in a short piece of thread coza ur point thats long dead on arrival. I can clearly remember stating i sincerely din mean it the way u thot; i innocently stated a fact. Get a life biko or kip quoting. Bori is clearly catchin u. umuazi diz days...
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by DuchessLily(f): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2014
Onye mene eyin ihe ni o... Omene eyin ihe ni, Osonobua mene eyin ihe niooo.. Ome ye ke....... Thank GOD oooo.....finally an Anioma Gov. Okowah congrats, but dodoo no fall our hand oo. WORK!
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Themandator: 8:46am On Dec 09, 2014
Marotzke:
David Edevbie, won the PDP primaries.
Okowa is the man...How he does it remains a case study ...He actually defeated Uduaghan before being begged.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by clevvermind(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2014
who was the winner?
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 9:13am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Okpe is one of the. eight LGAs Of Urhobo. Okpe is in Delta central nah.

Urhobo population according to 2006 population census is approximately 1.6 million, Anioma is approximately 1.3 million.
i keep telling U that U do t know about we the urhobos Okpe is a language and the Okpes occupy 2 LGAs namely sapele LGA and Okpe LGA.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2014
Sacramento4real:

if you are a Deltan or resides in Delta state,then you should be abreast with the latest happening in the state.There has been a cold war between the Former governor,Chief James Onanefe Ibori and Governor Uduaghan.I put it to you that its not out of love for the Anioma or Delta north that Uduaghan had insisted that the next governor of the state should come from that senatorial district.If it was,why did he dumped Tony Obuh,his anointed candidate at the last minute and projected an Urhobo man in the person of Mr. David Edevbie?Yet all these while,he has insisted that Urhobo shouldn't produce the next Governor.
All these while,Uduaghan had wanted to destroy the political structure of Ibori.He knew those politicians that are dire-hard supporters of Ibori.He never wanted such people to be the next Governor.He went as far as bribing the Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU) with 1 million dollars to support an urhobo Aspirant,in the person of Mr. David Edevbie at the die minute,Cause he is not a member of the Ibori's political family.But trust the Urhobos,they knew all along his plans.They showed him that they aren't fools.Though some of them voted for his aspirant,some others voted for Senator Okowa.iT was from his London prison that Ibori was making calls to his loyalists to line up behind Senator Ifeanyi Okowa.Uduaghan's aspirant came a distance second.Uduaghan is an ingrate who needs to go to jail.As it is now,he is politically finished in delta state.He can no longer contest any election in delta state again.He has no support base!No political structure!No good will from even his own itsekiri ethnic group.I put it to you that Ibori has the interest of the Anioma at heart even more than Uduaghan.Why did he opt for an Urhobo aspirant at the dieing minute?While he dumped the Anioma people,Ibori picked them up.So now,who should be considered to be a man of equity between Uduaghan and Ibori?In a free and fair election,Uduaghan cannot win a senate election.He is so unpopular in his state.Even his ethnic group has told him the the Ibori's administration favoured the more than his own.So what are we talking about.When your home rejects you,what do you expect from outsiders?
you r well Informed my friend.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by BarryX(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2014
This ethnic inclination attached to Okowa's winning the PDP primaries especially by the Igbocentric freaks from the other side of the Niger will make me not Vote him.

Why the sudden burst of tribalistic joy?
The tribal idiiats gets on my nerves!
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2014
LadyH:
C you! Entangling yourself in a short piece of thread coza ur point thats long dead on arrival. I can clearly remember stating i sincerely din mean it the way u thot; i innocently stated a fact. Get a life biko or kip quoting. Bori is clearly catchin u. umuazi diz days...
you innocently stated a tribalistic fact? Really? Like a child innocently setting fire to a curtain oblivious of the fact it has the tendency to raze down the entire building. You know what? You won. It's sheer difficult correcting ning-nongs. And you have clearly put that into perspective.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

i keep telling U that U do t know about we the urhobos Okpe is a language and the Okpes occupy 2 LGAs namely sapele LGA and Okpe LGA.

I know that Okpe is one of the original 19 clans of Isoko. But for all intent and purposes, Okpe seem to have become Urhobo.

Okpe is not a language, Okpe is a dialect.

And i never said that Okpe people are only found in Okpe LGA.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by pazienza(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2014
BarryX:
This ethnic inclination attached to Okowa's winning the PDP primaries especially by the Igbocentric freaks from the other side of the Niger will make me not Vote him.

Never mind us Easterners bro, Vote for Okowa,he is your Deltan brother, he is Ika. One love,
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Themandator: 9:30am On Dec 09, 2014
Sacramento4real:

All these while,Uduaghan had wanted to destroy the political structure of Ibori.He knew those politicians that are dire-hard supporters of Ibori.He never wanted such people to be the next Governor.He went as far as bribing the Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU) with 1 million dollars to support an urhobo Aspirant,in the person of Mr. David Edevbie at the die minute,Cause he is not a member of the Ibori's political family.But trust the Urhobos,they knew all along his plans.They showed him that they aren't fools.Though some of them voted for his aspirant,some others voted for Senator Okowa.iT was from his London prison that Ibori was making calls to his loyalists to line up behind Senator Ifeanyi Okowa.Uduaghan's aspirant came a distance second.Uduaghan is an ingrate who needs to go to jail.As it is now,he is politically finished in delta state.He can no longer contest any election in delta state again.He has no support base!No political structure!No good will from even his own itsekiri ethnic group.I put it to you that Ibori has the interest of the Anioma at heart even more than Uduaghan.Why did he opt for an Urhobo aspirant at the dieing minute?While he dumped the Anioma people,Ibori picked them up.So now,who should be considered to be a man of equity between Uduaghan and Ibori?In a free and fair election,Uduaghan cannot win a senate election.He is so unpopular in his state.Even his ethnic group has told him the the Ibori's administration favoured the more than his own.So what are we talking about.When your homssejects you,what do you expect from outsiders?

Even when Ibori supported Uduaghan, Okowa defeated him but was prevailed upon to allow him run....His compensation was his been made the ssh
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by BarryX(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

Never mind us Easterners bro, Vote for Okowa,he is your Deltan brother, he is Ika. One love,
It will make more sense if they allow Deltans choose who governs them.

Throwing ethnic jabs to claim some complex hegemony will only succeed in discrediting Okowa's candidature because unbiased voters like myself will tend to view it from that perspective.

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 09, 2014
BarryX:

I fail to see the point for the tribal jubilation myself.

If anything, the fact that a leader is one's kins-man would not necessarily make him a good leader. Uduaghan was my kinsman, but bloke was a big fizzer of a governor.

If they are celebrating okowa for it's competence to govern Delta state, i won't have a bone to pick with any of them. But throwing fits of excitement because okowa is a deltan-igbo in a manner of speaking is not only fatuous but a harbinger of lethal ignorance. I just might vote for Otega.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asidere(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2014
i hope okowa is a good man cos deltans are tired of PDP ruling the state,we want another party to rule not tribe.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Carlmax(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2014
extension:
Good for deltans. Finally,that cousin to cousin stuff is over.

This is the only reason I prayed fo Obuh to fail! am tired of the cousin to cousin Poo
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by einsteino(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2014
you think 1million dollars is enough money to bribe a group with? you be learner. that money is change, can hardly buy you a seat in the state house of assembly let alone bribing UPU for governorship

Sacramento4real:

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Sacramento4real(m): 11:33am On Dec 09, 2014
einsteino:
you think 1million dollars is enough money to bribe a group with? you be learner. that money is change, can hardly buy you a seat in the state house of assembly let alone bribing UPU for governorship

...but they took it,nonetheless.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Sacramento4real(m): 11:36am On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

you r well Informed my friend.

...cause i don't wanna be deformed. grin
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by komek(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Energito:
if we lose every delta north lose well is your own expectations that will cut shorts not mine.ewu

He will not lose, I don't pray he loses too, but u thinking because he is an Ika man, therefore he is Ika property will be disappointed.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by komek(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

OMONUAN nwanne,read this.
I know Ika people cant be trusted but its all good.

What's OMONUAN? Yes, it is very good bro.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by komek(m): 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
omonuan:

So what is the problem now? We just got a chance and this is not the time for blame games. We need to look at the things that unite us as Anioma people not what divide us. Those who relish the divisions have kept us down because we let them. Anioma bu ofu biko nu!

I pray will be united and have a common thing that binds us together like the UPU. But all thesame, iam fully supporting OKOWA.
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by komek(m): 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
erico2k2:

This is my point,so under free and fare election U can never produce the next Govt unless its zoned.

That's true because the Urhobos have been able to buy the conscience of our pple. If the Ikas and the Ukwuanis would play the politics of majority and believe that "Uba bu ike" I see no reason why we cannot continue winning the governorship position in Delta state with 9 LG out of 25.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by erico2k2(m): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
pazienza:

I know that Okpe is one of the original 19 clans of Isoko. But for all intent and purposes, Okpe seem to have become Urhobo.

Okpe is not a language, Okpe is a dialect.

And i never said that Okpe people are only found in Okpe LGA.
Im telling u if U agree okpe is part of Urhobo then Isoko is.Im just trying to be Logical.okpe n Isoko r same.we have same names and I have my roots traced bck there.Then u av to check who was the last UPU president b4 this o e.he is an Okpe Man
Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by asamaigho(m): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
[quote author=Sacramento4real post=28719403]

All these while,Uduaghan had wanted to destroy the political structure of Ibori.He knew those politicians that are dire-hard supporters of Ibori.He never wanted such people to be the next Governor.He went as far as bribing the Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU) with 1 million dollars to support an urhobo Aspirant,in the person of Mr. David Edevbie at the die minute,Cause he is not a member of the Ibori's political family.But trust the Urhobos,they knew all along his plans.They showed him that they aren't fools.Though some of them voted for his aspirant,some others voted for Senator Okowa.

u kno close. to nothing abt delta politics.......uduaghan okowa,buh,plan dis script all along,y did buh giv his votes to okowa?as for edevbie, he alongside incharge were moles to divide urhobo votes. ....so keep ur ignorance out of public domain.

1 Like

Re: Delta State PDP Governorship Primaries Update by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
UnknownT:
do you have a problem with that? tongue
nah.. didn't know that Delta is an igbo speaking state

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Who Will Mrs Tambuwal Vote For As Sokoto Governor, Her Husband Or Brother / Israel Sunny-Goli Escapes Assassination As Gunmen Storm His Residence. Photos / Photos Of Dasuki Reading Newspaper In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.