Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? (2684 Views)

The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? / Why Do Many Girls And Women Find It Hard To Resist Their Ex-boyfriends? / How To Approach A Girl On The First Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Hazardd(m): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
Let me know ladies, why is it so difficult for women to express their newly founded admiration for a guy? But seriously, women need to be more forward and go after something they like. Standing their and hoping he says something to you is getting boring to me, step it up! It's a two way street.

So ladies,lets hear your taught
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Wanted saying something but since its meant for only ladies, i 'll just sit nd watch....
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by harrysterol(m): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
juliuswizy:
Wanted saying something but since its meant for only ladies, i 'll just sit nd watch....
use HD in watching it o grin
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
because when God created Eve, she waited patiently to b noticed by Adam..
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
Because most guys are not matured enough to handle it,they will think you are desperate and cheap,some will even take you for granted.
Btw,what if they dnt return the feelings??

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by lilmax(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
They are afraid of rejection

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
[size=50pt]because they are all introvert's[/size]
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
kristina1:
Because most guys are not matured enough to handle it,they will think you are desperate and cheap,some will even take you for granted.
Btw[b] what if they dnt return the feelings?[/b]

The feeling mustn't always be returned.
Some ladies reject some dude, you know.

You said some truth though

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
XavierG:

The feeling mustn't always be returned.
Some ladies reject some dude, you know.

You said some truth though
It takes a great deal of boldness to disclose such,if at the end of the day,the feeling is not returned,the effect is going to be disastrous.
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Hazardd(m): 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
juliuswizy:
You are free to contribute.... grin
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Hazardd(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
lilmax:
They are afraid of rejection
If they are afraid of rejection,that's means they are not ready to get what they what

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Hazardd(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
samflexxy:
[size=50pt]because they are all introvert's[/size]

I understand.
but they need to step up their game

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by filani(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
Intacta:

@ intacta

Like....seriously? You must be reading a 'custom made' bible . The versions that the rest of the world is reading didn't say nothin' about Eve sitting on her @ss waiting for Adam but hey you know what? Whatever rocks your boat girl !!!
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by filani(m): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
kristina1:

It takes a great deal of boldness to disclose such,if at the end of the day,the feeling is not returned,the effect is going to be disastrous.

@ kristina1

That's right... It takes a great deal of boldness to put your feelings out there to someone you care about and when that feeling is not returned it leaves a mark on your heart. This is something us guys know a lot about.

Most Gals will give all the excuses in the world about why they can't express themselves to guys they care about but the underlining truth is that they are COWARDS... This is not me bashing gals, this is me calling a spade a spade.

Think about it for a minute... An earlier poster said gals need to step up their game and your defence was the quote above.
You may not realize it but what you have implicitly said is 'It's ok for gals to be cowards but at the same time demand that any guy who wants be with her must be BOLD'.
You also imply the following 'It's ok for guys to be subjected to the emotional pain of rejection time and time again but as a Gal i must be accepted automatically because I 'summoned' the liver to smile at a guy !!! If I as a Gal get 'rejected' once then that is proof that Gals should never,ever make the first move !!!

Can you see the double standard us guys are subjected to? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander!

Equal rights means Equal risks as well !!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Tonydeeb(m): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Intacta:
Pishure or...
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
SO MANY REASONS

The society: I mean the Nigerian society....we are not in any way ready/friendly to that proactive woman. That woman that takes the first___ bold step. No one wanna be tagged a sl*t. When a woman gets overtly friendly with a guy, she is termed "pushy".... I think this is the major problem.

Fear of the man reacting badly i.e Fear of rejection: This reminds me of a thread sometime, asking guys how they would react to being "wooed"....allotta negative comments. I think that gives us a closure to the kinda men we're stuck with.

Some women don't know how to go 'bout it Yea, we 'not used to doing it (it has become a wont that men approach us)...lol. So, we don't know how to do it. That doesn't change the fact that we drop subtle advances ___ from those smiles she gives you, to her ever being ready to play the "bestie role"........y'all are blind to those signs.

We just don't feel comfortable: I think most women want that reassurance and feeling of having a "high market value" (blame it on the society again)__ and they only feel reassured based on how much they've been approached not who they approached.

___Not forgetting the fact that her love/commitment could be abused. She might keep fighting so hard to keep the relationship going bc the man may make it look like he is/was doing her a favour

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Tonydeeb(m): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
It's not always a subtle approach for ladies to go all out for a guy she likes buh then the poor dude cud be one of 'em excessively introvertile stud.
I fink she has to monitor him to know whether or not he has more than two female friends or possibly a gf...if negative then he cud jst be shy so only in dis case shud d lady make a move...
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
I have a friend who'd walk up to a guy and tell him she likes him if she truly does
I tried it twice but I dare not try it again
The first time wasn't a good experience
I ended up making a fool of myself grin
~
See, we were taught, right from birth grin to patiently wait for a man worthy of us
We were even told not to show it if we are really into a guy so as not to appear cheap
My mum's BP would have been over the roof if I told her I walked up to a guy

cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by chibwike(m): 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
Its awkward..its somehow....you'd never appreciate the girl....a girl can't really choose who she likes and go for him...its the guys that approach them am make them fall in love...by their attitudes and seriousness...

If a girl approches me, i'd turn her down, coz i never liked her
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Enegod(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
they hate getting
slappped....... undecided
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by LaurelP(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
kristina1:

If they don't return it u go ur way nah!!!
Will u die?
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by jmoore(m): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Dying silently since 1604...
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by okabe(m): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
kristina1:

Is dat ur fear?
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by okabe(m): 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
Seriously, I'm gonna drop dis comment at d risk of soundin like an 'ITK', but ah dnt give a damn!
I don believe in d teaching of a geh tellin a guy u love him buh I alwez say, dia r a million ways a geh can warm up 2 a guy n if he's interested, believ me, he wil notice u n corner u
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
This must be in reference to nigerian women.

This aint so for american women.
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by emperorchedda(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
kristina1:
But guys approach girls without scare of them not returning the feeling yet y'all fight for gender equality

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
Tonydeeb:

Pishure or...
udonbilivit.. Wait lemme post them
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by filani(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
Zeemoor:
I have a friend who'd walk up to a guy and tell him she likes him if she truly does
I tried it twice but I dare not try it again
The first time wasn't a good experience
I ended up making a fool of myself grin
~
See, we were taught, right from birth grin to patiently wait for a man worthy of us
We were even told not to show it if we are really into a guy so as not to appear cheap
My mum's BP would have been over the roof if I told her I walked up to a guy

cheesy

@ zeemor

I won't mince words to tell you that I give kudos to that your friend more than you!!!

Why? Because she's a 'go getter'. A wise man once said 'There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who make things happen, Those who watch things happen and Those who ask... What happened?'

Your friend is definitely in the first group. She is not waiting for a good thing to fall into her lap, she is grabbing it with both hands but you on the other hand......... Well, I reserve my comment smiley

There is something about a girl who announces that she is waiting for a guy who is 'worthy' of her to come along, the question that always pops into my head is this 'When this guy that you feel is 'worthy' of you comes along .... What makes you think he will automatically believe that YOU are 'worthy' of HIM ?

Have you even thought about that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Tymax(m): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nothing short of hypocrisy. Unfounded ego too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
filani:

@ zeemor

I won't mince words to tell you that I give kudos to that your friend more than you!!!

Why? Because she's a 'go getter'. A wise man once said 'There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who make things happen, Those who watch things happen and Those who ask... What happened?'

Your friend is definitely in the first group. She is not waiting for a good thing to fall into her lap, she is grabbing it with both hands but you on the other hand......... Well, I reserve my comment smiley

There is something about a girl who announces that she is waiting for a guy who is 'worthy' of her to come along, the question that always pops into my head is this 'When this guy that you feel is 'worthy' of you comes along .... What makes you think he will automatically believe that YOU are 'worthy' of HIM ?

Have you even thought about that?
Ouch!

I'm lost for wordscheesy
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by lilmax(m): 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
filani:

@ kristina1

That's right... It takes a great deal of boldness to put your feelings out there to someone you care about and when that feeling is not returned it leaves a mark on your heart. This is something us guys know a lot about.

Most Gals will give all the excuses in the world about why they can't express themselves to guys they care about but the underlining truth is that they are COWARDS... This is not me bashing gals, this is me calling a spade a spade.

Think about it for a minute... An earlier poster said gals need to step up their game and your defence was the quote above.
You may not realize it but what you have implicitly said is 'It's ok for gals to cowards but at the same time demand that any guy who wants be with her must be BOLD'.
You also imply the following 'It's ok for guys to be subjected to the emotional pain of rejection time and time again but as a Gal i must be accepted automatically because I 'summoned' the liver to smile at a guy !!! If I as a Gal get 'rejected' once then that is proof that Gals should never,ever make the first move !!!

Can you see the double standard us guys are subjected to? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander!

Equal rights means Equal risks as well !!!
don't waste your time with them, when it comes to things like this they don't want equal rights cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Find It So Hard To Approach Men? by Tonydeeb(m): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
Intacta:
udonbilivit.. Wait lemme post them
Waiting...
Iya Basira, abeg pass me one Origin 4 dere

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having Sex On First Date Is It Morally Right / She Met Him First But He Loves Me. / Traditional Marriage List... Guys And Ladies What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.