Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,202 members, 7,957,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:10 PM

Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria (7378 Views)

Buhari:“my People Are Useless,my People Are Senseless,my People Are Indiscipline / Aisha Buhari: My Husband Never Said He Will Scrap Office Of First Lady / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by CyberWolf: 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
APContherun:

Well you will need the constitution to be amended to enable that. Our present constitution is a federal one which allows the president to be both president/head of state and prime minister/head of govt.
I'm sure even Buhari doesn't even know that.
I see, then I think the NASS should be encouraged to amend the constitution to accommodate that..
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
1wolex85:

This is really vague, can you throw more light?

Thank you for asking

In short you are wise.

Lets start

Why do Nigerians blame corruption.? Because they believe it has deprive them access to good things of life.

But one question people failed to ask themselves is , WHY DIDNT THIS SAME CORRUPTION INFLICT THIS SAME DISASTER BEFORE THE FIRST COUP.

Was it that our founding fathers were holy.? To me the answer is no.

After the promulgation and retention of the unitary system, Nigeria lost complete focus.

Before the first coup, every region had to survive on their own. This made it necessary for the regional elites to develop their regions' economically, politically, socially etc if they are to gain anything meaningful from their regions.

In the process of doing this, it affected their people positively because the developed resources eg land, mineral resources, agriculture, industries , urbanization etc are connected to /or gotten from their people.

Let me use a simple scenario to explain

Awo wants to be a great leader. He realises that he needs wealth to acquire more power. The region he governs is not wealthy to provide him such power but he realises that he can execute policies that can enrich his region giving him access to more wealth and indirectly more power.

MY FRIEND IF YOU ARE AWO WHAT WILL YOU DO.?

Now don't forget what I said earlier that the resources needed by Awo to make Western region wealthy in order to use this wealth to acquire more power is in the possession of his people.

What are these resources .? Land, people, mineral resources, agriculture, industries etc.

But today, leaders are not forced by circumstances to develop their regions into wealthy regions if they seek more power through wealth for themselves or their people because of availability of free Abuja money.

What has this caused.? Underdevelopment .

So my brother restructuring Nigeria is more important than fighting corrupt people.

Buhari will die someday but corrupt people will never cease to exist . But a restructured Nigeria can limit their impact.

Thank you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
CyberWolf:
I see, then I think the NASS should be encouraged to amend the constitution to accommodate that..
While it is not bad so to say, at the end of the day, power (at least as we understand it here) will still reside with the president except the constitution has inbuilt and well defined responsibilities for the PM.
What I think will save us now most is a restructuring of the National Assembly to make it a one house assembly. We need to cut cost amid our economic dificulties.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
papiforreal:

idiagbon left for hajj? Are you out of your sense or what? I laugh in chinese.
small boy stop been stupid. Where was idiagbon when ibb toppled buhari govt?ask you dad ,he will tell you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by CyberWolf: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
APContherun:

While it is not bad so to say, at the end of the day, power (at least as we understand it here) will still reside with the president except the constitution has inbuilt and well defined responsibilities for the PM.
What I think will save us now most is a restructuring of the National Assembly to make it a one house assembly. We need to cut cost amid our economic dificulties.
Yes you have a point there and also the salary and allowance of the executive and legislators will be in the constitution and it will be reduced to the barest minimum..If we make government unattractive, then we will have honest and sincere people going there..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:
looking at both candidates ,gej still poses to be the better candidate. Because it seems the opposition has no clearcut road map in tackling nigeria issues ,although they seem to be very very good in casting insults and abuses at peoples . But nigerians aren't fools,if the opposition has no road map to solving nigeria problems and they want to get there before thinking of what to do,then they are simply not worth voting for. And secondly if they can't present their plans for nigeria to nigerians to evaluate and see the difference between them and pdp then, they have wasted nigerians trust in them. If their plans isn't different from what gej is doing ,then there is no point even thinking about them.

One of their disciple here told me few days ago, the reason apc won't present lay out their plans on how to tackle Nigeria's problem so the ruling party won't steal the idea.

Welcome to new Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by backtosender: 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
aaahhh n forgetoooo this man is a coup plotter and a religious and tribal bigot vote wisely with no regret

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by OAM4J: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

A retired general

Former head of state

Ptf chairman, do not have any single business, not even a pure water factory as you people want us to believe. How can such a man manage our economy?

No one is asking him to own a university or big businesses like other corrupt politicians, but investing or having any traceable business after holding those key positions tells about his thinking ability

Either the man is clueless for never investing after retirement or he's hiding something period. You can't tell me he contested three (3) elections with donations from friends and family members

Buhari has a cattle farm. He is content with the income from the farm and his pension.

Even the holy book says 'godliness with contentment is a great gain' and that 'a good name is better than gold (riches)'.

At this stage of our national life, we don't need greedy people who are accumulating billions they cannot spend in their lifetime, which they think they will use to better the life of their children and grand children not knowing they are destroying the lives of those children by not teaching them the dignity of labour and hard work.

We need someone to inspire our youth to simple godly living with respect and honour. Not all these corrupt people that are teaching our future generations how steal billions and get away, those to whom stealing is not corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Thank you for asking

In short you are wise.

Lets start

Why do Nigerians blame corruption.? Because they believe it has deprive them access to good things of life.

But one question people failed to ask themselves is , WHY DIDNT THIS SAME CORRUPTION INFLICT THIS SAME DISASTER BEFORE THE FIRST COUP.

After the promulgation and retention of the unitary system, Nigeria lost complete focus.

Before the first coup, every region had to survive on their own. This made it necessary for the regional elites to develop their regions' economically, politically, socially etc if they are to gain anything meaningful from their regions.

In the process of doing this, it affected their people positively because the developed resources eg land, mineral resources, agriculture, industries , urbanization etc are connected to /or gotten from their people.

Awo wants to be a great leader. He realises that he needs wealth to acquire more power. The region he governs is not wealthy to provide him such power but he realises that he can execute policies that can enrich his region giving him access to more wealth and indirectly more power.

Now don't forget what I said earlier that the resources needed by Awo to make Western region wealthy in order to use this wealth to acquire more power is in the possession of his people.

What are these resources .? Land, people, mineral resources, agriculture, industries etc.

But today, leaders are not forced by circumstances to develop their regions into wealthy regions if they seek more power through wealth for themselves or their people because of availability of free Abuja money.

So my brother restructuring Nigeria is more important than fighting corrupt people.

Buhari will die someday but corrupt people will never cease to exist . But a restructured Nigeria can limit their impact.

Thank you.

Ride on bro, you damn right. We need resource control
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

Ride on bro, you damn right. We need resource control

It baffle guys like me when people think our problem is PDP

Unknown to them , APC will fail if it operates on our faulty system.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
CyberWolf:
Yes you have a point there and also the salary and allowance of the executive and legislators will be in the constitution and it will be reduced to the barest minimum..If we make government unattractive, then we will have honest and sincere people going there..

Exactly. The blank check given to governors on how much to be paid and other bogus allowance should be checked. example past kano state governor and the present

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

One of their disciple here told me few days ago, the reason apc won't present lay out their plans on how to tackle Nigeria's problem so the ruling party won't steal the idea.

Welcome to new Nigeria
the major difference which I have noticed between pdp members and apc members on nairaland is that, pdp members always present their cases in a logical,reasonable and articulate manner which is most often devoid of insults and abuse. On the other hand most apc followers don't even know what to discuss or the points to bring out. They just clumsily bungle up everything although someone always stands out and I always respect that person (berem),this poster makes her points and if you let her see reason she will agree. But the rest are just a bunch of political touts .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
OAM4J:

Buhari has a cattle farm. He is content with the income from the farm and his pension.

Even the holy book says 'godliness with contentment is a great gain' and that 'a good name is better than gold (riches)'.

At this stage of our national life, we don't need greedy people who are accumulating billions they cannot spend in their lifetime, which they think they will use to better the life of their children and grand children not knowing they are destroying the lives of those children by not teaching them the dignity of labour and hard work.

We need someone to inspire our youth to simple godly living with respect and honour. Not all these corrupt people that are teaching our future generations how steal billions and get away, those to whom stealing is not corruption.

Okay, I'm just hearing this for the first time.

But again, how was he able to persecute 3 elections, pension and money from cattle farm?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by 1wolex85: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
brownlord2:

Are you saying candidates rely solely on sponsorship for election?
Most of the funds come from sponsorship.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by wirinet(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
I hope PDP/TAN/GEJ supporters do not die of heart attack from Buhari's and APC's achievements. At least some of them are now eating their words on the campaign of calumny against APC. I know they would now be on overdrive looking for more lies to attack Buhari.

So insincerenigerian, have patience (not PEJ), Buhari would outline his plans for Nigeria when be begins his nationwide campaign, since he was only norminated to be APC flag bearer yesterday. Political campaign ban was only recently lifted by INEC and so far, Buhari only needed to convince APC members and delegates that he is the best person to carry the party's flag into the 2015 elections. It is now that he has won the normination that he can now canvass for votes from the general public by telling us where he intents to take Nigeria to.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by brownlord2: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:
the major difference which I have noticed between pdp members and apc members on nairaland is that, pdp members always present their cases in a logical,reasonable and articulate manner which is most often devoid of insults and abuse. On the other hand most apc followers don't even know what to discuss or the points to bring out. They just clumsily bungle up everything although someone always stands out and I always respect that person (berem),this poster makes her points and if you let her see reason she will agree. But the rest are just a bunch of political touts .

What a joke, which berem? Maybe I'm new here, I give it to obiageli though she's been disappointing me lately, another is banicansta, the guy seems reasonable at times.

I once pointed out Lagos state has not been able to give lagosians water after 16 years, illungunboy said he's lived in different places in lagos and all get water from lagos state water board, I was surprised so many apc nairalanders agree to that
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by double0seven(m): 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Thank you for asking

In short you are wise.

Lets start

Thank you.

You are just weaving fine words that sound pleasant together, in the end you've not said anything. You are only trying to be clever with words. How does the above proves your nonsense logic that "restructuring and not corruption is the problem of Nigeria".

You are standing logic on its head, all in a desperate and senseless effort to discredit GMB by proving that corruption is not the problem of Nigeria; in other words, establishing that we don't need an exemplary incorruptible leader (like the General) to fight corruption, that it will simply vanish by itself by restructuring.

What a trailer load of hogwash. Only people who are mystified by plenty grammar will think you have said anything sensible.

What the hell do you even mean by restructuring? Look here, corruption is corruption and it can and is known to be able to exist and thrive in any political system be it Unitary, Federal, Regional, Confederation. Corruption is in the human mind and as to be driven out by deliberate action of a good leader.

Are state governors not stealing their own? So if we become a proper federal system where more power resides not in the center but the States, the leaders of those States will suddenly become saints?

And let's even accept your argument that restructuring is the problem; how come your beloved Jonathan has not commenced the restructuring in 6 years.
You think the corrupt will embark on a restructuring that will hinder their evil and tie their hands? To think this is folly of the greatest kind. That kind of venture can only be embarked upon by an incorruptible leader who truly detests corruption.

Corruption is the bane and source of every other problem we have in this nation. All scholars of any repute will not say anything contrary to this.

In today's world strong institutions which checks corrupt practices can and will only be established by strong, courageous and incorruptible leaders. The corrupt cannot fight corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:

Don't blame them

Many don't know what it takes to make a nation great.

Just as the Bible says

Zeal without knowledge is disastrous eg Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by wirinet(m): 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
double0seven:

You are just weaving fine words that sound pleasant together, in the end you've not said anything. You are only trying to be clever with words. How does the above proves your nonsense logic that "restructuring and not corruption is the problem of Nigeria".

You are standing logic on its head, all in a desperate and senseless effort to discredit GMB by proving that corruption is not the problem of Nigeria; in other words, establishing that we don't need an exemplary incorruptible leader (like the General) to fight corruption, that it will simply vanish by itself by restructuring.

What a trailer load of hogwash. Only people who are mystified by plenty grammar will think you have said anything sensible.

What the hell do you even mean by restructuring? Look here, corruption is corruption and it can and is known to be able to exist and thrive in any political system be it Unitary, Federal, Regional, Confederation. Corruption is in the human mind and as to be driven out by deliberate action of a good leader.

Are state governors not stealing their own? So if we become a proper federal system where more power resides not in the center but the States, the leaders of those States will suddenly become saints?

And let's even accept your argument that restructuring is the problem; how come your beloved Jonathan has not commenced the restructuring in 6 years.
You think the corrupt will embark on a restructuring that will hinder their evil and tie their hands? To think this is folly of the greatest kind. That kind of venture can only be embarked upon by an incorruptible leader who truly detests corruption.

Corruption is the bane and source of every other problem we have in this nation. All scholars of any repute will not say anything contrary to this.

I hardly press the like button but this your comment deserves 100 likes. Corruption in a Nation or an organization is like disease to the body. The body can cope with minor diseases like flu and skin rash but major diseases like cancer will eventually kill the body. Massive corruption as being experienced in Nigeria right now would eventually destroy the nation.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
double0seven:

In today's world strong institutions which checks corrupt practices can and will only be established by strong, courageous and incorruptible leaders. The corrupt cannot fight corruption.

People like you are like those who will keep blaming unmerited results on corrupt lecturers instead of creating a structure that can curtail their corruption.

I know a university that did not waste their time fighting corrupt lecturers instead created a system that curtailed corrupt lecturers by ensuring that a course is handled by more than one lecturer and the total mark shared amongst the lecturers.

wirinet:

I hardly press the like button but this your comment deserves 100 likes. Corruption in a Nation or an organization is like disease to the body. The body can cope with minor diseases like flu and skin rash but major diseases like cancer will eventually kill the body. Massive corruption as being experienced in Nigeria right now would eventually destroy the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by aresa: 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Assuming our problem is even corruption, can it be solved just by voting buhari? Corruption has been in menace in Nigeria since independence, how come it has not been solved up till date? How can APC even talk of fighting corruption when the leader of the party, Tinubu, is corruption himself?

So, who is going to stop corruption in Nigeria? Then crooked and corrupt president that doesn't even believe corrupt exist in Nigeria and that it's only our parception?

Is it going to be stopped by the same crooked and corrupt president who insulted our sensibilities that stealing is not corruption?

Is it going to be stopped by the same crooked and corrupt president that appoints only corrupt people even the ones under his of EFCC's investigation?

Is it going to be stopped by the same crooked and corrupt president who still can not explain to us what happened to billions of missing dollars and still wont do anything about?

Is it going to be stopped by the same crooked and corrupt president who can not lead by example by declaring his own assess as a public official?

For you to deal with any problem, you must first admit and subscribe to the problem, but so far this crooked, corrupt and incompetent president is yet to acknowledge the fact that corrupt is a major issue in Nigeria.

You are a failed paid agent just like your failed master. You both shouldn't be part of any sane, lawful and orderly society..

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

People like you are like those who will keep blaming unmerited results on corrupt lecturers instead of creating a structure that can curtail their corruption.

I know a university that did not waste their time fighting corrupt lecturers instead created a system that curtailed corrupt lecturers by ensuring that a course is handled by more than one lecturer and the total mark shared amongst the lecturers.
bros you have to understand that according apc mentality and thinking, cutting of a head is the best treatment for an headache. So don't blame them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
onatisi:
bros you have to understand that according apc mentality and thinking, cutting of a head is the best treatment for an headache. So don't blame them.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Jesusloveyou: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Keep quiet if you can't answer Op's questions. What is Buhari's plans to better the living standard of Nigerians?
what is ur clueless presido plan.buhari has plans ,couple with his party manifestos.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by wirinet(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Who are we to blame for unmerited results? The students? No system or structure can work if the operators are inherently corrup, especially the leadership.

I am sure the university you are not talking of a university in Nigeria. Because if you try such a system in Nigeria, you would multiply the problem. If a course is handled by multiple lecturers sharing the marks, nothing stops individual lecturer from being corrupt with his/her own share of the marks. Instead of students to "settle" just one lecturer to pass a course, he/she would have to settle multiple lecturers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
wirinet:

Who are we to blame for unmerited results? The students? No system or structure can work if the operators are inherently corrup, especially the leadership.

I am sure the university you are not talking of a university in Nigeria. Because if you try such a system in Nigeria, you would multiply the problem. If a course is handled by multiple lecturers sharing the marks, nothing stops individual lecturer from being corrupt with his/her own share of the marks. Instead of students to "settle" just one lecturer to pass a course, he/she would have to settle multiple lecturers.

Why do you reason like this

This idea has reduced the impact of corrupt lecturers working in the university.

Infact few girls talk of sexual harassment

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by wirinet(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Why do you reason like this

This idea has reduced the impact of corrupt lecturers working in the university.

Infact few girls talk of sexual harassment

I hate arguing blindly. Let debate on an intellectual level instead emotional rants. I stated my reasons why i feel such system would not work in a highly corrupt environment like Nigeria. So you should counter me with superior argument and citing the said university.

I believe if such a system is implemented in Nigeria, it will increase sexual harassment of ladies instead of reducing it. Imagine a lady having to satisfy 4 male lecturers (academically or otherwise) before she can pass a single course. It increses the chances of 2 or more of them taking advantage of the lady.

Besides, a country like Nigeria lack the resources in terms of number of lecturers to implement such a system. As things stand, there are not enough lectures in our campuses, as most times a single lecturer takes a course with over 1000 students.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by double0seven(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
your example is too simplistic an analogy for a complex entity like the Nigerian nation. let's bring your model to present Nigeria. Who will create this structure. Is is not Jonathan that will be the arrowhead? Is it not the present assembly men, with the executives that Jonathan delegates authority to, as in his ministers: Deizani for NNPC and petroleum sector, etc (sorry can't remember the other names).....

.....WO....I beg.... your postulation is equals to sitting on a long thing
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by double0seven(m): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sir please stop the hypocrisy, most
Nigerians, even majority of youths
knows our major problem is
corruption.... and the most
competent solution is an
incorruptible leader who can lead
the fight against corruption by
example....

.....that is the foremost thing that
needs to be done before Nigeria
can experience any significant and
fast paced development....

.....and students of politics will tell
you, politics is the superstructure
while economy is the substructure.
A corrupt free Nigeria, where the
rule of law, justice and equity
(superstructure) is the order of the
day is the foundation on which
good economic polices and short
&long term sustainable
development will be built. A year
one student of political science
knows this.

But what we have now is treasury
looting, embezzlement and
corruption of unimaginable
proportions, executive impunity and
disregard for the rule of law.
Judges are being beaten and
slapped, a governor impeaching a
Speaker with just seven legislators
and scaring the rest out of the state
with the support of the police,
National Assembly attacked by
orders from top, you name it, the
list just goes on and on

......but I know people like you will
say corruption is not Nigeria's
problem...
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
wirinet:

I hate arguing blindly. Let debate on an intellectual level instead emotional rants. I stated my reasons why i feel such system would not work in a highly corrupt environment like Nigeria. So you should counter me with superior argument and citing the said university.

I believe if such a system is implemented in Nigeria, it will increase sexual harassment of ladies instead of reducing it. Imagine a lady having to satisfy 4 male lecturers (academically or otherwise) before she can pass a single course. It increses the chances of 2 or more of them taking advantage of the lady.

Besides, a country like Nigeria lack the resources in terms of number of lecturers to implement such a system. As things stand, there are not enough lectures in our campuses, as most times a single lecturer takes a course with over 1000 students.

You are funny

Do you know the person talking to you is a graduate.

So am talking out of experience.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by wirinet(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

You are funny

Do you know the person talking to you is a graduate.

So am talking out of experience.

Oh Sorry, you are talking to a secondary school drop out.
Re: Buhari: My Plan For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
wirinet:

Oh Sorry, you are talking to a secondary school drop out.

Maybe

Since you failed to ask if anyone has come across such system within any Nigerian University

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Return To Power In 2022 — Ekiti PDP Replies Olujimi / The Race For Senate President Begins. See The Candidates / Tinubu’s 2024 Budget Deceitful, Has No Mechanism For Economic Recovery - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.