Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? (24438 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Toks2008(m): 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
I don't know about you but I don't want to be poor so I can't stay with any man whom is willing to remain poor, it's one thing to be poor when we met and another to want to remain that way.

Have you seen what poverty can do?

I see, so who are you to predetermine the fate of a man and what exactly is the definition of being poor?

Lack of millions?
Lack of comfortable life?

And why not try and be rich too even if the guy remins poor as long as he loves you?

So between a poor loving man and a rich jerk which one will you choose provided they will remain like that for life.

This is wh many ladies will always mary for the wrong reasons
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by freecocoa(f): 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
Toks2008:

I see, so who are you to predetermine the fate of a man and what exactly is the definition of being poor?

Lack of millions?
Lack of comfortable life?

And why not try and be rich too even if the guy remins poor as long as he loves you?

So between a poor loving man and a rich jerk which one will you choose provided they will remain like that for life.

This is why many ladies will always mary for the wrong reasons
Wtf are you on about? Did you read the OP at all?

Being poor for me can be said to be lack of drive, focus and a comfortable life.

No one is determining anyone's fate, the OP said a man with potentials but won't do anything to materialize those potentials, what's the point of having a dream you don't plan to achieve?

Ofcourse I'm working on making my own money and having the life I want but the life I want does not include someone pesting on me, I can't remain with him because doing so will defeat my own purpose/dream.

There are goal driven, comfortable, rich loving men out there why do I have to put up with a lazy a$$?
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by Toks2008(m): 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
freecocoa:
Wtf are you on about? Did you read the OP at all?

Being poor for me can be said to be lack of drive, focus and a comfortable life.

No one is determining anyone's fate, the OP said a man with potentials but won't do anything to materialize those potentials, what's the point of having a dream you don't plan to achieve?

Ofcourse I'm working on making my own money and having the life I want but the life I want does not include someone pesting on me, I can't remain with him because doing so will defeat my own purpose/dream.

There are goal driven, comfortable, rich loving men out there why do I have to put up with a lazy a$$?

When you discuss on public fora try to keep your adrenal gland under check. No one is fighting anyone but we are only making personal opinionated contribution so take a chill pill.

My point is this, a man can have drive and be very zealous but for some reasons the four aces seem not to be aligning and to the people around and even the wife, having a drive is juxtaposition-ed to success and if this success is not forthcoming it will seem the guy is not doing enough hence perceived to be a "poor" man.

This is why i always advice young ladies to be with a man they love and not attach any crazy condition of him been rich or "successful"

Can you date a rich conductor? bar tender,servant?

Even a totally hopeless man can win a lottery and many guys who win BBA 300kusd to me are lazy because in my world success such as winning a reality house interaction show does not mean you are zealous and a danfo driver who makes a living is more purposeful.

So been poor is discretionary and unless ladies have a paradigm shift in their notion, they will always love for the love reasons and marry the wrong man.

Ladies must learn to love a man and be with a man because they love him irrespective of whether he will make it in future or not. Rich men get broke you know and i mean real broke so every lady should rather work on becoming rich too rather than hoping to marry a rich guy or a rich guy in the making.

My 50 cents, my opinion.
Re: How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? by freecocoa(f): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
Toks2008:

When you discuss on public fora try to keep your adrenal gland under check. No one is fighting anyone but we are only making personal opinionated contribution so take a chill pill.

My point is this, a man can have drive and be very zealous but for some reasons the four aces seem not to be aligning and to the people around and even the wife, having a drive is juxtaposition-ed to success and if this success is not forthcoming it will seem the guy is not doing enough hence perceived to be a "poor" man.

This is why i always advice young ladies to be with a man they love and not attach any crazy condition of him been rich or "successful"

Can you date a rich conductor? bar tender,servant?

Even a totally hopeless man can win a lottery and many guys who win BBA 300kusd to me are lazy because in my world success such as winning a reality house interaction show does not mean you are zealous and a danfo driver who makes a living is more purposeful.

So been poor is discretionary and unless ladies have a paradigm shift in their notion, they will always love for the love reasons and marry the wrong man.

Ladies must learn to love a man and be with a man because they love him irrespective of whether he will make it in future or not. Rich men get broke you know and i mean real broke so every lady should rather work on becoming rich too rather than hoping to marry a rich guy or a rich guy in the making.

My 50 cents, my opinion.
I don't know why you would think someone's fighting anyone, using wtf? Was just saying "you seem not to have understood my post before quoting me cos your response to my comment, kinda suggests that" so you stop seeing things that aren't there, moving on.

In my post I said if he wasn't willing to turn that dream into something then I'll leave, now you are saying a man with drive and zeal may having been working and etc, how does my post then suggest I will leave a man with drive? If he's willing, isn't that drive? Did I say I would leave if the drive isn't yielding fruits?

I understand working really hard and not seeing results, that's entirely different from not working at all, we are talking about a man with only ideas who won't work towards them, not the one working but hasn't found a breakthrough.

I can't date a conductor (bearing in mind how most of them here are)as his lifestyle will not align with mine, I can do bar tender who is there as a means to actualizing his bigger plans but if no bigger plans then no, because that's not what I want , I don't know what you mean by 'servant'

So because people win lotteries, one should fold their arms waiting for that? How many people do you know that have won such lotteries?

We all have what we desire and believe in, I will not stay with a man that will not try is all I have said, I don't know why you are making it look like I can only date/marry a rich man, I won't wait around for lotteries or BBA money(even the people that get to be on the show made moves)so, he has to try atleast, that's all I'm saying,yea, rich people get broke but a rich man with drive who becomes broke can go out and become rich again but if a man without drive who won a lottery becomes poor, he will fold his hands waiting for another lottery which may not come, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twitter User Calls Out Billionaire Pastor Who Tried To Make A Move On His Wife / How Do You Finger A Girl? And How Do You Suck Girl's Breast? / Best Romantic Stories In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.