Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak (26269 Views)

Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? / Wicked Wife: Men Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by mcdokwe(m): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
IHate9ja1:
How does a woman building a house
translate to becoming disrespectful and domineering to you?
my ex despite being the mother of my child went about saying how she paid for the rent of where we stayed and her dad who abandoned her after she took in made a case with it. This is not mindful of the fact that I paid part of the rent because she found the house without telling me and went ahead to make a deposit and wasn't able to complete it, I moved in with her to support her and catered for herself, her friends and brother who does come around from time to time. But when d chips went down, u wouldn't believe words that went around. Bro, I no go do am and won't advise any man to

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by fareedah86: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
All these men speaking are just cowards who feel thier ego is deflated because a woman had d money and d confidence to build a house before them. I understand their pains sha. But what happens when a man builds a house he dies and the HIS family members comes to throw the woman out? Because I have a life case study o,infact d woman as I speak to u has been chased out with her kids. And she used to be very rich,infact d house she was chased out from was built with her money buh she put her hubby's name as d owner. When he died,dey chased her out. And am sure it happens to most women out there.

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Teespice(f): 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
ochon:
Some of the answers from my fellow men made me SMDH. Cavemen mentality. What the fùck is wrong in living in your wife's house? Does that exclude you from still being the head of the home? Omotola is more richer and well-known than her husband, yet they live in peace and her husband is the head of the home. A good woman will respect a man even if she's richer than him.

As long there is mutual understanding between me and my future wife that she won't put up an attitude because she built a house we live in, then why the fuss? It's not as if I'll lazy around and not have a job/means of income so I can contribute too. Marriage is TWO people working together as ONE for the betterment of their children and themselves. So much archaic ego from some people.

the more reason why black men will keep being backward with that kind of mentality.
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by seunwen2(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
as long she won't complain
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by PrettySpicey(f): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nigerian men still cavemen in spite of all else. I smh
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by crackhaus: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
cococandy:
Hmm. Even a class 6 student knows that 'you' in the post is referring in plural to black men in General. At the end I added a disclaimer that it was a generic statement yet you found a way to make it about you. Amazing!

If I was referring to you Crackhaus , I would say I was talking about you specifically and not black men in the General sense.
Remember I was already talking in general before you quoted me. So how did it become about you? undecided

And I'm the one making emotional comments?when you couldn't even calm down to read and digest.
Noted!
I haven't yet got to class 6, any problem with that? gringrin

Now when you're done revealing your feelings of anger and animosity by taking subtle but totally ineffective jabs, maybe you can focus and tell me what the black woman really has going for her that doesn't have to do with marriage/family (which coincidentally, she can't have without the black man she so detests - oh what a surprise.)

7 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Dagah2: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
fareedah86:
All these men speaking are just cowards who feel thier ego is deflated because a woman had d money and d confidence to build a house before them. I understand their pains sha. But what happens when a man builds a house he dies and the HIS family members comes to throw the woman out? Because I have a life case study o,infact d woman as I speak to u has been chased out with her kids. And she used to be very rich,infact d house she was chased out from was built with her money buh she put her hubby's name as d owner. When he died,dey chased her out. And am sure it happens to most women out there.
Typical African way......
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by onadana: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
ochon:

I'm not praying for such a marriage where I'll live in my wife's house. I want my wife to live in MY house. I want to be the provider. That's my wish. But at the same vein, we don't control the future. Will you let a good woman go because she's richer than you? A woman can be richer than a man, and if she can build the house, then why not? It's all about the man and woman and their understanding. A GOOD woman will not disrespect you, whether she built the house or not.

Bro i understand what you are saying and i say Amen for your prayers.I know understanding very important,respect you will earn it not deserve it.But bro when the chips are down a woman will always be what she is a woman.A times you cannot even comprehend how they reason.If you can,build the house or bring the lion share of the money. coolAnything other than that one day she go remind you or tell her people say na her house be that.

I have seen first hand where a man was thrown out of the house the wife built after she died,they took everything.Nice wonderful couples when she was alive.Why do you think that was possible?.......you see what i mean of course she was telling her people the house was hers.

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
Another thread where te debates turns to black thing or white thing .... Are you guys this shallow. Wake up folks.
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Derrickoh(m): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
it depends on how it came about. but as for me i cant stay my wife house
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by 1stola: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
Chillisauce:
see the kind of cavemen nigerians we chat with cheesy

and people marry these ones and call them soul mates abi husbands.

they dont want to be controlled yet want to control.

if something is wrong for you, what makes you think its right for others.

Can i move in with you darling?
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Sormeh: 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
Ilekokonit:

Will the Westernised African women be calm enough to realise this ?? Of course not with the way things are going. Their Western education has deceived them to the point that dating websites are full of women in their very late 40's hunting for suitors and they are no longer ashamed to put their pictures online as against 20 years ago.

The Black woman plays into the "systems" hands time and time again by kicking her husband out of the house for flimsy reasons most likely because her erstwhile bouyant hubby has hit on hard times and she forgets the good times they had when he was bouyant and then the ungrateful cow forgetting that she has a male child to bring up chases the man out of the house using the ever willing cops and then true to the "script" (written by those who are afraid of the black man's latent strengths) the single mother inspite of the single parent benefits she receives from her surrogate husband - i.e the government - realises that bringing up a male child "properly" is not something a woman can do alone.

The male child now sees himself as the man of the house and if she is unlucky the boy will start rebelling against her and possibly join gangs which in a lot of cases is a one way route to prison which is where the "system" wants every black man.

Anytime I hear of a black woman kicking her husband out of the house for "flimsy" reasons, i just wonder when the penny is going to drop for these women that they are actually playing their parts as pawns in a well thought out "script" with the ultimate aim of rubbishing and tearing apart the black family system which in times past was our glory and strength as a race.

That's why there are increasing cases of the male children of single black women turning against them with brutal consequences of late.

If only women realised that a male child needs his father around during his formative years then the above would most probably not have happened.

Good work bro.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Sweetlemon(f): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
onadana:
angryDefinitely not.Women are very good at reminding you at the slightest provocation what she has done for you.If not for me.....is a favorite tune.

Exactly!

This is the reason why I pity guys of nowadays that are looking for successful or 'rich parents' women to marry. OYO l'o wa!

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
bukatyne:
Blacks are definitely cursed

I am head, controller, dictator etc when they cannot even afford a roof over their heads

Women are suddenly the ones filled with ego? I thought it was the exclusive property of men?

Sick people undecided

Hahaha

The only thing they should be controlling is their wandering d1ck.
cheesy

Most of them here dey do brick layer as part time , their wife come build house, and they said they won't stay ? who dash monkey banana
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by 1miccza: 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2014
Of course I will as long as she remains submissive and respectful...
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by cococandy(f): 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hello pot?
Take the first jab act the victim later.

Who told you black women detest black men?you only seek to improve that which you love because it is yours.

If the fact that I stated that black women are superceeeding the men in education and holding families together.
while the majority of prison populations in most countries is that of black men doesn't answer your question, I can say you weren't looking for an answer in the first place.

Mind you the comment that you're hyperventilating over was made by your fellow black man. Maybe I should direct you to him or better still you help encourage your fellow black men to stop living as if the certainty of their existence depends on their ego being serviced at all times.

Imagine the disgusting posts by MEN on this thread
crackhaus:

Noted!
I haven't yet got to class 6, any problem with that? gringrin

Now when you're done revealing your feelings of anger and animosity by taking subtle but totally ineffective jabs, maybe you can focus and tell me what the black woman really has going for her that doesn't have to do with marriage/family (which coincidentally, she can't have without the black man she so detests - oh what a surprise.)

5 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
cococandy:

i made what comment? The same comment that I told you a black guy on this forum made which I disagreed with at first except that your black brothers on this forum keep pushing us to believe it by their utterances?

While I do not totally agree with the guy,I can see why he believes so. Obviously from the comments one reads on forums like these, more than achievements and milestones what it really takes to make a black man feel like a man is the assurance that the woman is under him.

Petty . Not?

What black women have going for them is that they are the pillars of the homes which black men claim to be the head of.
Despite not being more privileged than the average black man, black women are soaring and surpassing men in many fields especially education.
If you guys are not blaming govt. for not being able to make as much money as your mates are making,you're blaming America for the declining morals in your community or your favorite scapegoats feminists for making your wife realize she doesn't have to swallow all that poo all the time.
*you blame racism for your inability to meet up to world society's standards
*You blame God when the housemaid gets pregnant because it is his fault the black man is polygamous in nature.
*You blame the good guys who make the effort to ensure that they at least meet our needs halfway compassionately. They are the pansy wussies who are making y'all look weak.(i wonder if brute behavior is a symbol of strength.)

What black women have going is that they have taken up the responsibility y'all abandoned. Who do you think is holding up the forth in the face of so much excuses from our dear black brothers?

this is a generic statement and doesn't represent the whole population by any means. Nobody should develop heart attack on my account

Only 1% of Nigerian men are role models. The remaining 99% should be sent to sambasa forest.

If arm robber attacks a Nigerian home, na the man dey first flee leaving wife and children behind. If you talk, they say they are the head. Head of fleeing when danger shows. Na to chop pepper soup , drink star leger then knack akpako him dey specialize

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by babygirlfl: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
Chillisauce:

Only 1% of Nigerian men are role models. The remaining 99% should be sent to sambasa forest.

If arm robber attacks a Nigerian home, na the man dey first flee leaving wife and children behind. If you talk, they say they are the head. Head of fleeing when danger shows. Na to chop pepper soup , drink star leger then knack akpako him dey specialize

Chillisauce you are so funny.
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
she is my flesh and bone. Y not?
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by babate3e(m): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Chillisauce:

The only thing they should be controlling is their wandering d1ck.
cheesy

Most of them here dey do brick layer as part time , their wife come build house, and they said they won't stay ? who dash monkey banana
what you have failed to realize is that, we guys really hate it when we can't live up to our responsibility, and since there is no way any dispute won't arise from the relationship, and if temper gets flared up, different utterances occur, which the guy will just link to the fact that he is being insulted cos he is staying in his wife's house. Let's face the reality here, most guys saying they don't have a big deal staying in there wife's house, should pray not to find themselves in such a situation.
NB: am not against my wife owning a house, it shows she's hardworking and i love that, but me going to live there is a big no, rather she can rent it out and make money from there aswell.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
babygirlfl:

Chillisauce you are so funny.

You think it's funny. I'm very serious here. cheesy

The worst part they will group other African men together with them.

Most of other African men knows what it is to protect their family. Nigerian men na to pursue money dem sabi.

Head of house, see as the country be like. Nothing to write home about. Instead they are fighting to turn women to zombies. Tufiaa.

Buhari of 80ys is contesting. Jonathan is there doing nothing . And these are the people selected to govern the country. 80yrs old man that's supposed to be retired .

Being close to these folks will drain your brain cells. Take a trip to just Ghana and see an epitome of African men. Kenya, ivory coast. See the respect they give people.

This my bothers no follow at all at all.

Single babes, shine your eyes wella. Better end up in kuvuki kingdom than be with these sadists. cool

1% of the cool ones are almost finished oh.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
babate3e:
what you have failed to realize is that, we guys really hate it when we can't live up to our responsibility, and since there is no way any dispute won't arise from the relationship, and if temper gets flared up, different utterances occur, which the guy will just link to the fact that he is being insulted cos he is staying in his wife's house. Let's face the reality here, most guys saying they don't have a big deal staying in there wife's house, should pray not to find themselves in such a situation.
NB: am not against my wife owning a house, it shows she's hardworking and i love that, but me going to live there is a big no, rather she can rent it out and make money from there aswell.
You are still a boy when you turn a man you will know. Rent her house, while you pay a house rent probably to another landlady.
why not kuku pay her the house rent as you are forming big man

2 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
sukkot:
as a man who has been kicked outta a womans house at midnight cuz of anger. i say helllllllllllllll nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. no disrespek to women but ermmm women are unstable and egotistic creatures grin grin

Lmao. Don't mind these primeval stark illiterates and unexposed plonkers who have never left Nigeria, but think being modern is about the nonsense they see on TV lool.

They don't tell people - go live in ya wife's house and get kicked out at 2am on an extremely cold winter night lol. I see nyggahs with curfews everyday, grown ar.se naija Uncles yano. Mofos crying about not wanting to get kicked out by their wives/partners loool.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by babate3e(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Chillisauce:

You are still a boy when you turn a man you will know. Rent her house, while you pay a house rent probably to another landlady.
why not kuku pay her the house rent as you are forming big man
and i guess you are still a girl, when you grow up to be a woman you will understand a man's life better.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by babygirlfl: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
Chillisauce:

You think it's funny. I'm very serious here. cheesy

The worst part they will group other African men together with them.

Most of other African men knows what it is to protect their family. Nigerian men na to pursue money dem sabi.

Head of house, see as the country be like. Nothing to write home about. Instead they are fighting to turn women to zombies. Tufiaa.

Buhari of 80ys is contesting. Jonathan is there doing nothing . And these are the people selected to govern the country. 80yrs old man that's supposed to be retired .

Being close to these folks will drain your brain cells. Take a trip to just Ghana and see an epitome of African men. Kenya, ivory coast. See the respect they give people.

This my bothers no follow at all at all.

Single babes, shine your eyes wella. Better end up in kuvuki kingdom than be with these sadists. cool

1% of the cool ones are almost finished oh.

I knew you were being serious but somehow you put your point across in a funny way which I think is very nice. Am glad there are some good men whether 1% or 0.01% and my advice to single ladies is to find the good ones and marry if you must marry from Nigeria.
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
babate3e:
and i guess you are still a girl, when you grow up to be a woman you will understand a man's life better.

See your small goatee. grin

You still fresh though, hardship never catch you like the typical nairalanders.

Abi na Photoshop ni
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by meshacha1: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2014
For me .....oh I will gladly accept it. That's part of my desires! Simplifying life for me, that's why she is my helper.
The most important thing is love, if there is true
love between us; there is nothing my wife will do that I won’t be happy about. There are times that God first bless the wife before the husband. If there is unity, there is nothing bad in living in the house built by my wife. I can only stay back if my wife is too proud and tells everybody around that she built the house.

One very big facts you should know is that as a man even if you hustle and build all the mansions, if it happens that you have to divorce your wife (but God forbid) then those your wealth will be shared no matter who built it.
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2014
babygirlfl:

I knew you were being serious but somehow you put your point across in a funny way which I think is very nice. Am glad there are some good men whether 1% or 0.01% and my advice to single ladies is to find the good ones and marry if you must marry from Nigeria.

They won't see your advice oh. That are all in the church praying for real Nigerian men, while their men are here waiting for next Yahoo victims while disrespecting them.

Na dem sabi.

1 Like

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by raumdeuter: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
How many of these women would advise their own son to move in to his wife's house.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by babate3e(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
Chillisauce:

Abi na Photoshop ni

lol, na photokiosk. Is that you on the far right grin
Chillisauce:

Abi na Photoshop ni

lol, na photokiosk. Is that you on the far right? (just joking, cos i dey fear your yabbing skills)
Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by Octaves(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
these men are misogynists. look at their names. seems they are all from the same region. in my place such women are held in high regard. I think it shouldn't be a problem with a sensible woman and a non-egoistic man and if the wife builds with the husband's consent. otherwise it could be a problem

3 Likes

Re: Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak by jovalkom(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
i cant live in such a house. I was once a tenant in a house owned by a woman and knw wat d woman did 2 her husband. Its a terrible xperience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / Issue Between My Mom And My Wife / Happy Mother's Day: Share Your Mum's Photos And Pray For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.