Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

The Burial(Fears and Fierce) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Burial(Fears and Fierce) (20191 Views)

HARMATTAN (A Poem On Our Current Fierce Weather) / An Open Letter To Fembleez1 Author Of The Burial (fears &fierce) / List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:18am On Jan 22, 2015
cryAre there people following this story at all
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Calmdove(f): 7:12am On Jan 22, 2015
Am inviting you guys to come and read dis story :candy,Tiffanyj,prettydiva89,Dgty7, flakkydagirl, Esixlove, kingphilip,bibie01,faithomoh24, uzolexis, teewai3 and nairaland 5&6 "zyzxx and toykathy" i will be glad if you respond to the invitation
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2015
Calmdove:
Am inviting you guys to come and read dis story :candy,Tiffanyj,prettydiva89,Dgty7, flakkydagirl, Esixlove, kingphilip,bibie01,faithomoh24, uzolexis, teewai3 and nairaland 5&6 "zyzxx and toykathy" i will be glad if you respond to the invitation
thanks,am here

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2015
good job feemblez keep it up
am following till the end
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:57am On Jan 22, 2015
prettydiva89:
good job feemblez keep it up
am following till the end

Thanks,.....most welcome to the high table grin
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 8:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Thank you so much Calmdove cool
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 22, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thanks,.....most welcome to the high table grin
yea thanks

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 22, 2015
Calmdove:
Here, calmdove. Thanks for inviting moi.

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Flakkydagirl: 9:47am On Jan 22, 2015
Thnks for the invite@Candy.

Buh the truth is I've been savouring this piece right from the begining,its a good piece anyway...although your updates are regular,the events are slow paced.

And pls unsuspence us from all this ghost wahala now...my opinion,mama never died in the first place.

Oya com and unravel the mystery jo.

More power to your elbow.

Welldone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by zyzxx(m): 9:48am On Jan 22, 2015
Calmdove:
lolz @ nairaland 5&6, thanks for d invitation we are honoured,
Toykathy let pitch our tent here grin
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by TiffanyJ(f): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2015
Calmdove:
thanks for inviting me, dear.

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2015
Flakkydagirl:
Thnks for the invite@Candy.

Buh the truth is I've been savouring this piece right from the begining,its a good piece anyway...although your updates are regular,the events are slow paced.

And pls unsuspence us from all this ghost wahala now...my opinion,mama never died in the first place.

Oya com and unravel the mystery jo.

More power to your elbow.

Welldone.

Thanks dear,I will soon,the story is coming to its end.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2015
i saw ur update around 12am but i was too sleepy to reply, thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by teewai3(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
Calmdove:

i don show!! tnks for d invitation..
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by toykathy(f): 10:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
thz calmdove for inviting me here. I want to appreciate d mods(obinnau i guess) for helpin me out here, i can post comments now. Thz alot.

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by kingphilip(m): 8:36am On Jan 24, 2015
calmdove thanks for da invite

Fembleez1.nice piece
keep up da good work

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by seunviju(f): 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
Lovely story,keep up with the good work

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by usmanspihn(m): 10:32am On Jan 25, 2015
Issokay

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:25am On Jan 28, 2015
kingphilip:
calmdove thanks for da invite

Fembleez1.nice piece
keep up da good work

Thanks boss
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:26am On Jan 28, 2015
seunviju:
Lovely story,keep up with the good work

Thanks dear
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:27am On Jan 28, 2015
usmanspihn:
Issokay

You mean
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:34am On Jan 28, 2015
Hi readers,sorry for not updating this while,been internet 'handicapped' but I didn't go lazy or plan on abandoning this story,I have typed enough updates that could possibly see to the end of this story. grin wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:37am On Jan 28, 2015
I would start updating this evening once I finish editing and going through what I had typed.

Thanks for your patience smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Missmossy(f): 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Wonderful story Fembleez1 The brain behind all the mysterious events needs to be uncovered grin

3 Likes

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
Missmossy:
Wonderful story Fembleez1 The brain behind all the mysterious events needs to be uncovered grin

Thanks dear.

Yap,surely it will be uncovered cheesy wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Missmossy(f): 7:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thanks dear.

Yap,surely it will be uncovered cheesy
Don't mention I really wanna know whats making up all the things that has been happening grin

2 Likes

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
'Rain' of updates dropping in the next few hours

Typing,......... smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
Missmossy:

Don't mention I really wanna know whats making up all the things that has been happening grin

Lol,..you will dear,I have kept you on suspense enough tongue
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
The General got to Mrs. Rosaline's house and did all he wanted to do. He collected the note she saw in her car, asked her husband, gateman and housemaid some questions.

He wasn't sure he was satisfied with the replies he got but he just couldn't press harder to get what he wanted. To him, it seems he had been soften militarily just because his son was kidnapped.

He left for Mr. Sigismund's house, asked the gateman some few questions and proceeded to ask Mrs. Adelakun some questions too but she felt reluctant to answer him.

He dismissed her attitude since he didn't know who she was. He looked around the compound may be he could find anything relevant to the case that could help but found none.

After getting all the information he needed, he left for home thinking how does he go about this now.
Surely, I know he didn't get any clue he might have needed but he wasn't sure may be he should be satisfied or unsatisfied(dissatisfied) with his journey.

The person who kidnapped his son didn't leave any clue to get to talk to his son, "how do I go about this now?." He soliloquized

He, at the same wondered what he will tell his wife(Amy,GF or WF,'Woman Friend' to be specific') when he gets home. How would she feel if he inform her, he has got no clue to her son's whereabouts?.

He search his mind on what he should do. All the people he had gone to interrogate have got no clue of his son's whereabouts. Not even any information he got from them proved to be helpful.
Though he had suspected them but with the way they answered all the questions, he couldn't doubt they were saying the truth or should I go back to push them further he had thought but he quickly dismissed the thought.

If he should go back as thought, it might be disastrous. Military torture wouldn't be nice for people he considered to be innocent from their looks(civilians).

If innocence could be seen or read on faces, I wondered how the General might have figured it out.

There was no time to go that far again. Going to Ajah and Agege in the same day, isn't easy being the driver not to talk of the fuel he would burn/exhaust. If he were to be the most richest in the world, fatigue would tell on 'any man'(him) when it should.

He fixed his earphone to his ears and gave papa a call if he had heard anything yet concerning his son but papa said he hadn't. No one ever called him since the incident began and he has got no idea where his son might have been taken to.

Well, I guess today is gone, tomorrow is thursday which is the wake-keep. I hope something good happens tomorrow, at least my son should be found. if he is, there is nothing I will do on this case again.

This case has taught me so much lesson even as an expert in such field. I pray I recover my son. That is the priority for now before anything follows. The General hoped as he wiped the sweat streaming down his face.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
Jimi is the General's only male child. His other wife(housewife) had given birth to 4 female children and he was lucky to get a son through Amy.

The main reason why he is worried is because Jimi is his only son an, it is obvious why Amy is much concerned about him.

It is not as if the General was broken by his kidnap,because he, as a retired General had gone through a lot which wouldn't have made him yield but Jimi was his heir.

He is her(Amy's) jewel, her happiness and he knows very well Amy might run insane cause of him. She also knew what it means to have the General's only son.

The General drove towards home very tired. He really had a stressful day. Moving from one house of one mama's children to the other was no joke. It was really strength demanding but all were futile, as he didn't get all the clues he wanted.

He had thought he would get a clue on how to locate his son's kidnappers or their contact but he couldn't get any relevant information that could solve the sudden disappearance of his only son.

His visit to Mr. Sigismund's wasn't something he enjoyed. His wife was something else. She couldn't even entertain him and asking her questions was as if you were placing a burden on her. The way she responded showed she wasn't interested in the matter.

The answers he got from Mrs. Rosaline's compound was,"I had gone to buy food stuff, as the house was short of it when she came, that was why I wasn't around." the maid had said.

The gateman didn't really have a genuine thing to say. He just wasn't around and nothing more. At that moment, I had thought what kind of gateman was that. He is supposed to keep watch of the gate and anybody who went in and out of the house but all he said was "I just wasn't around."

What if they had come to steal Mrs. Rosaline's children, would that have been his reply?. I imagined.

Her husband didn't have much explanation to give. He was plain about everything and had said "it was just the way God said it would turn out to be." His theology might sound interesting to some but to others, it was absolutely unimaginable and inconceivable.

To be circumstances that might relate to a religious believe couldn't be digested.

The person must have known much about all that goes on in the house to figure out the best time to come in when they all weren't around, was probably the best ideology you could give to those who opposed his theology.

He told the General he had gone to collect his clothes from the dry-cleaner when the person came. He didn't want to delay their outing that day and seeing his dry-cleaner who had promise to bring his laundries at a specified time failed, he had no choice than to go collect them himself.

"I left the gateman and maid in charge of the house but to my utter dismay, they both weren't around." He said with disgust.

He visited the school where Rev. Sister Mary was among the sister's in charge of the school activities but she wasn't around. He had waited for her almost 2hours but she didn't come back so he had to leave.

He couldn't blame her since he knew she had assignments as a Reverend Sister and didn't expect she left those assignments for his visit.

He didn't visit Mrs. Daniella cause she had, no much information to give. She had only seen mama's ghost at the bank and nothing more.

He got close to his house and parked at one side of the road to think of what he would tell his wife.
How would he explain to her he had got no clue today?. "Well, I just have to calm her down and that's all. I can't do more than my strength allows." He said to himself as he switched the engine on and drove towards his gate. He pressed the horn and the gate was opened for him.
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:04am On Jan 29, 2015
He came down from the car and walked into the living-room to meet his wife(WF) on the floor with her eyes sore and red. He called out to her the first time "Amy." She didn't answer.

He called out again "my dear." And still no answer.

That was when he went towards where she sat and tapped her on the shoulder before she jumped up as if she just saw something strange or a mouse just ran across her legs.

She was frightened and it was evident she was lost in thought.

"Why are you thinking this much?." The General asked but got no response. She hissed and was about leaving his side when he held her hands and drew her back.

"Where are you going and why have you been acting strange these 2 days, as if I know where our son had been kidnapped to?."

The General didn't get any reply for his questions rather she looked him from head to toe as if she was just seeing him for the first time or he had messed up his body with shit.

"Didn't I ask a question?." The General asked angrily.

"See, don't you ever shout at me!. You hear me?. Don't you ever!." Amy felt frustrated as she turned her back towards the General soon as she finished yelling to show how serious she was.

The General wanted to say something but words and courage failed him. He tried to open his mouth to say a word but the letters of the alphabet couldn't come together in his mouth to form a word.

He wanted to slap her or show her what he was made of, by beating her but the strength to lift his hands to strike her couldn't generate.

The fears he had, to lay hands on her also made him 'impotent'. He had never raised his hands on a woman before and had promised never to, no matter how they drive him to frustration(nut). And Amy wouldn't be the first.

He was completely surprised at Amy's reaction and attitude. At the same time, he was confused whether he needed to reply a mother who was reacting cause of her son's abduction.

He kept mute for a moment but he couldn't keep the silence. He felt he needed to say something. Whether it would hurt Amy or not.

He wanted to tell her she is not the only one concerned about Jimi. They are both because they gave birth to him together. It was my semen that fertilized your ova to form Jimi, so you don't have to talk to me as if I don't as well care about his whereabouts.
He was trying to gather courage to say it when his phone rang. It was an unknown number.

He didn't want to pick it at first cause of the state he was but he thought, what if it were to be Jimi's abductors calling?. That was when he picked the call.

"Hello who is this?." He said as he made to get up immediately he heard the person telling him she abducted jimi. He wanted to try figure out the voice may be he could record it but his caller said it was irrelevant to act wise.

"Listen very well!. Your son is all right and would be coming back from South Africa today where he had gone on 'sightseeing' ('globetrotting', as if he 'were' heading to another country afterwards). He is very happy and eating varieties without his father or mother here with him." The voice on the phone explained.

"Please how can I get to the airport to come see my son when he arrives?." The General asked as Amy got interested soon as she heard him mention Jimi's name. She cleaned her face and went closer to the General.

"If you want to see your son, make sure you are present at the wake-keep tomorrow, goodbye." The voice said and ended the call.

"Hello". "Hello." The General cried but the person already hung the call. He wanted to ask many questions.

He wanted to say he had planned to be at the wake-keep but he wasn't given the chance as the person disconnected the call. The General couldn't call back as it was an unknown number used in calling him.

"Who was that?." Amy asked curiously "And what did they say about my son?." She added.

The General looked up to see who was talking as if he were not conscious of the environment he was, as if he had forgotten he was In the living-room with Amy.

"Oh!. It was one woman who called. She claimed Jimi is all right and had gone to South Africa on 'sight-seeing'." He explained a little relaxed, forgetting Amy had gotten him frustrated some few minutes back.

Amy sat down beside him as she heard what he said. "What else did they say?." She asked as she started sobbing. She couldn't hide her fears, it was as if the boy had been tortured even with what she heard.

The General looked at her, he felt like yelling at her to leave him alone, but he calmed as he told her "She said I should be at the wake-keep tomorrow if I want to see Jimi again."

Before Amy could say anything or ask further questions, the General stood up from her side and went into the bedroom telling her "Goodnight".
It showed he wasn't concerned again with the way she reacted.

She just heard her son is all right and what was asked of him, why then is she starting to 'act-up' as if they announced he had been killed?.

She sat on the chair with her back well relaxed as if she wasn't grieved by her son's disappearance. She started thinking what the people's intentions might be.

"Why did they say he should be at the wake-keep if he wants to see Jimi again?. I hope it is not what am thinking?" she asked soliloquizing.

Well, tomorrow is another day she thought, I will definitely follow Falade to that wake-keep.

T.B.C,.........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2015
More updates dropping today cheesy

Evening or so! wink

Keep reading guyz kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Get Paid: Submiting Your Manuscript To Nigerian Publisher Nationwide / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.