Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

The Burial(Fears and Fierce) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Burial(Fears and Fierce) (19788 Views)

HARMATTAN (A Poem On Our Current Fierce Weather) / An Open Letter To Fembleez1 Author Of The Burial (fears &fierce) / List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
Fembleez1:
I'm sorry guys that I haven't updated today,am not feeling too well embarassed
get well soon
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
mistytohcute:

get well soon

Thanks dear smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
On the other hand, Mrs. Rosaline who stays in Ajah never knew what her brother had encountered.

She woke up very early that day, she had what she wanted to do at her office so she started rushing just to make sure, she does everything she had in mind and get back home as quick as she could cause, it was a saturday and she always likes to spend most of it with her husband and children.

She went to the bathroom to have her bathe after which she brushed her teeth, dressed up, wear her make-up and was ready to leave when her husband called her when she wanted to step into the car. He asked why was she in a hurry that she couldn't even eat her breakfast?.

"I need to get to the office now. I have a very important task I must carry out and I want to make it very early so I finish and get back to spend the rest of the day with you and the children."

"Oh, I see!!!. Well, we will be prepared."

"Prepared for what?."

"Have you forgotten so soon?."

"What now?."

"Our plans to take the children to visit their cousins, then we all set-out to the park, to have some good time together."

"Oh! Oh! Oh!. How soon have I forgotten!. Well then, I should get going. I will try to return before 12pm."

"Okay darling!. We'll expect you."

"Won't you give me a kiss before I leave?."

"That would delay you dear, you know I don't kiss without exploring your body."

"Lol!!,...I know but just a peck would do."

"Muah!. Naughty you."

"Thanks dear. I will be back soon, bye!!."

I know many of you would wonder the happiness in their family. Truly, she got married to a nice and caring husband.

They are both lucky to have each other because they were both childhood friends that stuck together to be boyfriend and girlfriend, and it led to the altar just because they were able to overcome all obstacle that came their way, most importantly putting God first in all they did.

They gave birth to 3 beautiful children, two(2) boys and a girl. The boys came sequentially while the girl is the last born. The boys are 15 and 14 of age while the girl is 9 years of age.

The woman set-out to her office, on getting there, she was told her mother had come to visit by her secretary.

Was the secretary mocking her or what??.

Well, I know I never told them at the office my mother is dead so I am not surprised she doesn't know my mother is late. She thought to herself.

She was still puzzled by what her secretary had told her when she got into her office and her phone rang. It was an unknown number on the line, she picked and the voice she heard was no joke. It was her mother's.

"Hello, who is on the line."

The next thing she heard was just something she never knew her dead mother might have known or heard if truly she was dead.

It just can't be, I was there when she died and we took her to the morgue along with my siblings, so who might be the person that spoke like her mother.

She was still pondering how her dead mum got to know she had fought with her sister, both of them disgracing each other in their mother's compound when her mother started eulogising her on the phone. She didn't know when she dropped the phone and ran out of the office.

The secretary was so startled. What might have made my boss run out of office this way?. Why was she even surprised her mum came to visit?. Doesn't her mother has the right to visit her daughter wherever and Whenever she wanted?. These were the questions flowing through the mind of the secretary as she took some step outside her desk to view where her boss had run to. She found her in her car taking something that looks like a letter out of an envelop.

"Dear Rosaline,

I, Your mother had always wanted my chidren to be one. I had always wept and prayed to God, he makes you people one. why are you people now trying to make my pain even worst when I should be rejoicing in glory that I had lived a glorious life?. What happiness have you people found in all the preparation you've made without settling the differences between you children of same blood?. I am not going to leave you people until you make me rest peacefully in the bosom of the lord.

Your loving mother,
Kiara .A. Adelakun."

Tears were rolling down her cheek as she read the letter, with fear engulfed in her hearts.

She knows her mother is dead but who might have written this letter with her mother's handwriting?. She quickly cleaned her face and went back into the office to inquire some things from her Secretary.

The Secretary who was still standing, staring at her boss with all she did in the car, swiftly raced back to her desk and comport herself when her boss walked in and threw the question at her.

"When did my mother come?."

"It was around 8:30am ma."

"8:30am?."

"Yes ma!."

"But that was about the time I got to the office?."

"Yes, I think. Because it wasn't up to 5minutes she left that you came in."

"Then how did I miss her?."

The secretary was still looking at her boss that what might be wrong and how does she expect her to know how she missed her mother, when her boss said "something must be wrong somewhere." And she left the office.

She came back again, this time, to ask a question that her secretary thought it seems her boss might be running out of hand(going mental).

"How did this envelop get inside my car?."

Her secretary was so amazed her boss asked that foolish question. She grimaced and answered

"How do I know that?. When I don't have the key to your car and you were the person who drove it in this morning with your key inside your purse."

If it were another day, she would have scolded her secretary for replying in that manner, would have issued her a query but this day was different in its mystery.

She left her office thinking,well , I was the one who drove the car and the key was with me as she rightly said but how did that letter get into my car?.

I never noticed it when I was coming from home.

No,it wasn't there. if it were,I would have noticed.

She had many thought that day as she drove home. it didn't even occur to her she had not done anything she planned doing at her office that day.

She didn't even call home to inform her husband they will have to cancel the visit to their relatives or the park. She just drove home with different thoughts ringing round her mind.

She got home that day and received the shock of her life. Mama had visited when her husband who was abroad when she died, had left the house.

Mama had only met their children at home!.

Where were the gate-keeper, gardener, cook and her husband when she visited?. Only time would tell.

T.B.C...........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2015
Back at Mr. Sigismund's house. His wife had gone outside to check may be what her husband said was true but she didn't see mama. She called the gateman to ask may be he had seen anybody, the answer she got from the gateman was that an old woman had come to visit with one girl 'like that' assisting her with the wheelchair.

She was shocked to the marrow, she had thought her husband was joking with what he said, had thought may be he was being hysterical but with the gate-keeper affirming he let an old woman on a wheelchair in and a girl helping her with it. There was no more evidence to it.

She was not deaf, that was the perfect description she could ever get but she persisted by asking the gate-keeper further questions.

"You let her in?. Why didn't you show her the road inside?."

"She told me she knew the road, so I had to let her go since she did."

"And you didn't see her going towards the backyard?."

"I didn't bother to know where she had taken since she claimed it was her son's house."

What sort of gateman is this?. How can someone just come in here and tell you her son owns the house and you would let her in, just like that?.
These were the questions playing puzzle in her mind when she reasoned carefully again.

This woman never knew this house. I told her son never to let her come here and am sure he had not shown her the route or even giving her the address on how to locate this place. How can a dead person walk down here?.

Wait!. Am I dreaming or what?.

She quickly got herself into balance. If I should say I'm dreaming, what then should I call my husband or the 'gateman' that had seen her?. Moreover, I have not seen her and still consider her dead unless genuine evidence proves otherwise.

She went back inside to inform her husband she had seen nothing while withholding all the 'gateman' had said.

I know if it were to be other families that were seeing this type of sign or undergoing these torments, they would have called one another so they could know what was happening at their end but this is not other family. It is the Adelakun's.

Mrs Daniella had gone to the bank to claim the $5000 her friend abroad had sent to her through western Union. She got down from the car and the person exiting the banking hall at that moment was someone she knew, her blood, her mother's 'look-alike' to be specific.

What got her more surprised was the maid she had before her death was with her.

She was so afraid, she didn't know when all she was holding fell off her hands. She stood at one point as the maid wheeled mama passed her. She couldn't even open her mouth to say "mo" talk-less of completing it with "ther". She just stood there as if she had no life when the woman spoke as she was close by her daughter.

"You people better come together in love to make me happy." And that was all she said.

Mrs. daniella didn't know when mama was out of sight, didn't know when a security picked up her phones, bag and eyeglasses case. The security man called out.

"Madam, are you okay?." She didn't reply.

"Madam, are you okay?." She stood out of this world without any response coming from her until the security man tapped her on the shoulder before she regained consciousness.

"Are you sure you are okay, madam?."

"Oh! Am fine thank you!." Was the response she gave the security man.

She couldn't enter the bank again. She left for home immediately, contemplating all she had seen and heard.

How can it be, it was my mother I just saw?. Was it her ghost?. But I was there when she kicked the bucket. It was on this shoulder she had bowed her head when she died.

What can she be doing at the bank when her body is at the mortuary?. I know she used the same Sterling Bank with me when she was alive but to see my dead mother coming out of the banking hall is something I would not have believed if I were told.

What is more shocking is that she spoke. If I had known, I would have responded, would have traced her but she is gone.

I wasn't myself when she was wheeled past me and the thought wouldn't have occurred to me the way they did just now, she thought as she drove home to explain all she had encountered to her children.

T.B.C..........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 12:24am On Jan 06, 2015
What do you guyz think of the story so far??

Should I continue
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by supsybaby(f): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2015
Pls continue d story, ℓ̊ enjoy it even thou its kinda scary, @op good work.

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2015
supsybaby:
Pls continue d story, ℓ̊ enjoy it even thou its kinda scary, @op good work.

Thanks dear,.............what do I offer you smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2015
Update/s dropping soonest smiley

Typing,.........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
It was a sunday morning, Rev. Sister Mary had woken up at her Holy Child College residence to attend the 9AM mass at the St. Gregory's college Ikoyi.
She got dressed and out she went from the gate of the holy child college.

It wouldn't have been a long walk if the back gate of St. 'Gregs' directly facing the holy child college gate had been opened but it was about 6years ago the gate was last used.

The boys of 'Gregs' were very ruthless then. They would leave their dormitory, pass the field and head straight towards the gate to bribe their way out of the school.

Many of them would sneak out whenever there was a party at the Bacchus club located at the Awolowo Road, just to catch some fun.

It was not until a case was reported, girls were being molested by unknown people at the holy child college, that a vigilante group was set-up to find who the perpetrators were.

The day nemesis caught up with a group of five(5) boys dressed in their school pyjamas was a day never to be forgotten by students that were in both schools when it happened.

The boys had set-out from their dormitory to go catch the fun they've always had. They got to the gate-keepers giving both men on duty #20,000 each.
They refused the money saying, things has changed and the boys needed to add to their tips. They got extra #10,000 each and opened the gate for them.

They knew getting into the holy child gate was more harder than leaving their own school because the gate-keepers were often on a shift(routine duty), so they had packaged #30,000 in two places for the girls' school gate-keepers.

They gained access into the school, took the backyard and were able to locate the girls dormitory that had their lights switched-off and carried out their evil acts.

They had finished enjoying themselves that night, as they made to leave, a junior student of 'class 8'(JSS 2) had called out "Animals in the school premises" three times.

The boys were surprised what the girl meant by Animals in the school premises not knowing, that was the slang the vigilante group had formed to deceive the boys.

They waved the girl off thinking she was going out of hands or delusional, may be she had seen their shadows and thought it to be animals.

The plan was not announced on the school assembly because findings made it clear, the senior students were in 'coalition' with the unknown people to perpetuate the evil act in which many junior student fell victims.

They didn't attempt to run because they thought the girl might have been in shock seeing their shadows and thinking it were animals(wild) she had seen when they heard a voice from behind saying

"if you dare move, I will shoot your legs one by one".

T.B.C,...........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by supsybaby(f): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
ℓ̊ will prefer alomo and garri

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
supsybaby:
ℓ̊ will prefer alomo and garri

Incredible chef- shoyemiayodeji

Abeg help me offer supsybaby wetin she order for,u fit crown am with roasted kpomo cheesy
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
flakkydagirl

Dun just read without dropping a comment embarassed
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
more girls to ur collection

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
mistytohcute:
more girls to ur collection

Lol grin
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
You were caught viewing this topic lilrukevwe(m)
grin

Drop a comment bro embarassed
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
They made to look back when they saw two men, each holding a locally mad gun. Before they could make to run facing their front, three men were already at their front with guns pointing to their heads.

That was all, they had nowhere to run to. They had been caught and there was nothing they could do about it, not even bribery could make these mean looking men release them.

They were 'rounded'-up with twines and were informed they would watch the night with the vigilante group in case there were still other smart asses that would come that night.

Early the next morning, they were unveiled on the assembly and paraded round the ground to fish out their female counterparts.

It was a very shameful even, they had been stripped naked with 'blindfolds' across their faces until they would be unveiled but some Reverend Sisters' had pleaded with the vigilante group it would unsettle the assembly since the school was all girls, before they had allowed the boys to put on their boxers.

After the females involved were called out, they were all expelled. They wondered why the gate-keepers were not paraded, not knowing those on duty had played along.
That was how and why the gate was closed and never was it to be opened again, even when occasion requires.

She got to the church and settled at the front pew on the left. The mass began and everything was going well until offertory.

She noticed someone heading towards the offertory box seated on a wheelchair to give her offering. She kept her gaze at the woman immediately she turned heading towards her end in order to find her path back to her seat, when she saw her mother's face in the woman. She was so shocked the woman looked exactly like her mother when the woman spoke to worsen her fears.

"Oluwafunmi."

She thought, this woman must have known me very well to utter my native name but she shrugged it off as, well ,God didn't make just a face/look for one person and so there would be many 'look-alikes' not noticing the person that wheeled the woman along.

During the time of Holy Communion, she left her seat, bowed before the altar and went to the Reverend father in order to help distribute the communion.

She got a chalice and an Altar-server(altar-boy) followed holding a communion plate as they head towards the railings to distribute the body of christ(holy communion).

She had freed every thoughts to concentrate and observe the eucharist perfectly when the same woman, lifting gently off the wheelchair, knelt in front of her to receive(the holy communion).
Her soul left her body that moment, she could not lift her right hand from the chalice,could not pronounce "body of christ". She just stood there like a statue when the altar-boy brought her back from wherever her shock might have taken her with a gentle tap on the wrist . She wondered what the Altar-server might have thought of her but they weren't to be bothered about as she gave the woman holy communion and she left for her seat.

After distributing the communion, she collected the communion plate from the altar-server, head for the altar, dropped both the chalice and communion plate, and stood staring at what pew the woman would sit close to on her wheelchair in the church.

Having taken note of where the woman sat in the church. She was leaving the altar when she slipped and fell on her face. The way she quickly picked herself up wouldn't have gotten anyone at Mass that day to notice she fell. She returned to her seat, praying the mass could end to save her of the embarrassment she had gone through that day.

She had it in mind to rush to the church's front door soon as the Mass ends so she could confirm her fears may be the woman she saw was truly her mother's look-alike or her ghost. More to be amazed of, the woman also sitting on a wheelchair.

If God didn't create a face/look for just one person, but more than one person, did God created two or more people that look-alike to be in same condition?(I.e to be on a wheelchair).

Did she see the woman when the mass(service) ended?

If you have read the story this far and you still don't think you would read till we unravel every mysteries the story has presented so far, then I wonder why you ever started reading. cheesy

T.B.C,...........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:32am On Jan 07, 2015
So tired right now cry

Would update when I wake up sad
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
If I were to be the one preparing for my Great Grandfather's burial ceremony, I wouldn't have thought I needed to relax.
The ceremony had not taken place so what time-out or relaxation would I be thinking of when my great-grandfather has not gone 6ft beneath the earth?.

It was a different reasoning to mama's first two(2) daughters. They thought they had gotten everything ready and no much preparation were required when they both went to the cinema to watch a movie and have some nice time-out.

They never knew they had been sitting beside this woman for the past 1hour 20minutes, they never even noticed her due to the thriller they were watching. It was when the woman was leaving they saw her 'back-view' on the wheelchair and got the shock of their life.

That woman has the same stature like mummy.
They gossiped with tears almost forming in their faces. The woman had made them remember their dead mother when Mrs. Kiara, her mother's namesake took a bold step to call her mother's name even when she knew she was dead, may be the woman could answer but they got no reply.

The woman didn't answer and they never made any move than that. Well, it might be her 'look-alike' they said to themselves jokingly and concentrated on the movie. Moreover,what were they to be worried or shocked about when they knew their mother was dead and her body should be absolutely frozen at the morgue.

The movie took another 30minutes before it came to an end. They set-out to leave, carrying their bags which they had put on the floor while crunching their popcorn.

It was not until they got into the car Mrs. Juliana, Mama's second born(female) noticed her sister carried a bag she didn't bring along.

"Did you bring that bag along, aunty mi?." She asked.

"Which bag are you talking about."

"That red bag of course!!!."

"No, I didn't but it is mine."

"Am not denying it isn't but how come it got here when you didn't bring it along?."

"I can't explain that because you saw very well I didn't bring it along, but wait o, how did it get here?." She grabbed the bag from the back seat, opened it and saw a note written with a pink ink. "What is this." She made to read it.

After reading its content, she handed it over to her sister who read aloud.

"Dear Namesake and Juliana,

I know very well the bond between you two but it would be a delight if this love is extended to your siblings.
You people should please come together as children of same parents if you don't want it to get to the worst of extreme torment.
What you are all seeing is just a sample of what's to come.

Chief Mrs Kiara,
(Nee Gerrard)."

The fear that gripped their mind at the part "extreme torment" got them sweating. They were so mystified, they couldn't speak or say anything to each other. That would be what they can't imagine happening. They've only watched it in movies where ghost, torments people that had something to do with their death.

They had nothing to do with their mother's death, why then should she be warning them of extreme torment just because they are not on good terms with one another.

Can a ghost write? Or how did the red bag got here?. It was so unbelievable. These were the questions and thoughts that engulfed their minds for almost 15minutes before they drove home to search the wardrobe may be it was truly her bag or she had taken another person's problem(bag) in coincidence.

T.B.C,...........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
More updates loading smiley

Typing,......
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mrs. Rosaline got home that day from her office and her children told her, Grandma had visited. She asked them again with all seriousness may be they were joking with what they said and got the same response, Grandma had visited.

She fainted immediately she confirmed they were not joking.

It was then her husband got back. he had gone to pick his clothes from the dry-cleaner who had promised to bring his laundry but had failed to do so. In order not to be the one to disappoint the outing, he had raced off to his dry-cleaner.

He was the saviour of that moment when his wife fainted. If he had not come in at the time she fainted, the children wouldn't have figured out what was needed to be done except grabbing their mother's blouse shouting 'mummy' repeatedly as every child would have done.

He rushed into the bathroom to get a bucket of water and was lucky the water he had fetched for his bathe from the tap was still there.

He grabbed the bucket of water running back as quickly as he could and throw it on his wife, who started coughing immediately the water bathe her.

She was revived and narrated all she had heard while her children also explained who they saw to their father. Grandma didn't stay long. She asked of their parents and left when they informed her they weren't around.

How come Grandma visited at the time they weren't around baffled them as they sat thinking what the next point of action should be.

Mrs. kiara and Juliana searched the wardrobe may be they could see the red bag Mrs. kaira had seen before they left for the cinema but their fears got worsen when they couldn't find the bag.

At that point, there was nothing they could do again than, be extremely afraid. How the red bag developed wings/legs to follow them to the cinema without their knowledge, is something they could not explain. More so, the letter they found in it.

What to do next

Rev. Sister Mary had just finished receiving the final blessing from the priest when she left through the side door she sat beside, hurrying to the front-gate of the church directly facing the altar before any member of the congregation could step out.

she wanted to take a better view of the woman, so she could talk to the one who has gotten fear into her. The woman she embarrassed herself for, who knew her name and resembled her mother.

She got to the door waiting and observing carefully every soul that stepped out of the church, she didn't want to miss the woman. She stood at the very centre of the door as the congregation trooped out to leave for their various homes.

She never knew she had stood observing for almost 15minutes which was enough for any large crowd to disperse. She didn't even notice no human being was still moving at both sides of the place she stood, didn't notice no one was inside the church again when the altar-server tried shutting the door before her when she said "please, are there no people in the church again?."

"No Sister, there is no one inside, everyone's left."

She didn't believe what she heard and raced towards the side doors to confirm herself. She got to the left side of the church and both side doors were shut. She raced towards the right side of the church may be both doors there would be opened but it was the same story, they were both shut.

She raced back to the entrance and pleaded the altar-server let her inside church before he shut the door and got the go ahead. She didn't see any human, didn't see anyone on a wheelchair. The church was empty and silent. She went outside so the door could be shut.

She didn't see any woman on a wheelchair leave all the time she stood outside. she couldn't have left through the side doors, neither could she have left through the sacristy she thought as she made to leave.

The altar-server wanted to ask her what was wrong because he knew the way she behaved speaks louder than what the problem might be but he was unable to ask her anything as her phone rang. It was her brother Sigismund on the line.

What she heard as she picked the call would have been unbelievable, if she had not seen the woman that day. She was so afraid, her pace changed and sweat started forming on her face. She looked back to check may be she was not being followed by ghost but didn't see anybody, the school premises was deserted and wind blew lifting leaves and different dirts up in the sky, it was as if she were in a graveyard.

Truly, who she saw was either a ghost or something was wrong somewhere.
Her brother also worsen her fears calling to describe a close encounter like she had.

Who will help the family in this ridiculous situation?.

Is mama dead?.

Do ghost talk?.

Do they write letters?.

How did Ghost gain entrance into Mrs. Rosaline's car to drop a letter in it?.

How come the gateman, gardener and maid were not around when mama visited Mrs. Rosaline's house?.

Who came to Sterling bank, to bank?.

How did a ghost get the key to Mrs. kiara's room and her wardrobe?.

Who sat beside Mrs. Juliana and her sister at the cinema?.

Was it a ghost Rev. Sister Mary saw?.

T.B.C,...........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 10:14am On Jan 10, 2015
Whenever I feel like giving up,there is one spirit that edges me on "all is well",dun give up!!! sad

Update/s dropping today
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Fembleez1:
Whenever I feel like giving up,there is one spirit that edges me on "all is well",dun give up!!! sad

Update/s dropping today

Oya come unravel the mystery
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
Papa heard all Mr. Sigismund had to say on his experience with the ghost. He got to hear from other Mama's children too on their encounters on the phone.
They were all trapped in a matchbox, getting really scared as the burial draws near, not knowing what might happen in the next few hours or even day. May be they might not get to have any burial ceremony, only God knows.

They were so afraid as if they knew about Mama's death, as if they were the one who killed mama. They couldn't come out, inside also seem to be a boxing ring where cage were made round it as if 'undertaker' and 'stone-cold' were having the fight till death announces the winner, as they never knew may be she might appear to them and it was slowing preparations down.

Grandpa had to calm them down and tell them not to be afraid, there must be a reason behind the sudden appearance of Mama's ghost which he promised to help find out.

It Is remaining just 4 days to Mama's wake-keep and 5 days to her requiem mass. If there is any help Papa had to offer, he has to work on them in time.

"I think I have a friend who can help us out of this dilemma. He is a retired general and operates a Non-governmental security service outfit in town." Grandpa told Mr. Sigismund.

"Oh!!. Thanks sir!. I hope we can go see him now since there is no time to waste again."

"No, I don't think that would be necessary. I should get in touch with him alone, moreover it had been long we saw or even had a chat."

"Ok Sir. I shall get back to my sisters so we all try to be available in case he might require any information from us." Mr. Sigismund said as he rose from his seat to leave.

"Just try to calm your sister's because you are male and they would require you be strong to edge them on. You people need not be afraid of her ghost since you all have nothing to do with her death." Papa tried to comfort Mr. Sigismund as he escorted him to his car.

Mr sigismund was driving out of where he packed as grandpa made for his phone in his side pocket to put a call through to his friend he heard from very long ago. He is older than him and I wondered how they met and became friends.

He dialed the number the first time and it didn't respond. He re-dailed it and heard the number was switched off. It was evident the General wasn't using the line again and it was long Grandpa ever tried his line. There was nothing to talk about and it was of no use calling a General who might be busy with training and maintaining securities for companies who needed it.

He dialed the number of 2 other friends who he thinks might have the General's number and was lucky to get it from the second person he spoke to. He wrote the number down in a piece of paper and dialed it soon as he ended the call.
The general's number he was given went through and he spoke to him.

"Hello General Falade. This is papa on the line." The phone was audible enough to here the conversation as the General replied in a deep voice.

"Yes!!. Who is this?. Papa from where?."

"Same Papa you met in kano in 2000 at the Sule Dungeri Village, you remember?."

"Oh!. Papa the Papa, na your voice be this sir?. Long time o!. How are you sir?."

"I'm fine general. How have you been since then?. It has been long we had a chat, can I see you today?. Oh,...!!! Sorry to omit, are you in Lagos?. It is very important General."

"Yap, I'm in lagos. Let me give you my address since you said it is important."

Papa signaled to me to get him another piece of paper since the one he had might not contain whatever address the General might give him.
I gave him the paper and after writing the address down, he called it out into the phone to confirm he hadn't made any mistake.

" 'Nos' 15, Adekunle Close, off Adeniran Ogunsanya Drive Surulere, right General?." He asked to be sure and the General replied in the affirmative and said he would expect him.

Papa ended the call and rang Mr. Gbenro immediately so we can leave. There was no time to waste and if we are to get to the bottom of the matter, we have to start doing everything as quickly as possible so we would know may be Mama's burial is feasible or not.
Mr. Gbenro came and we drove off to see the General.

There was no traffic on the way, the road was easy to trend along as Mr. Gbenro drove on a full speed, even papa didn't try to calm him down.
We asked from the first person we met on the first turn we had soon as we got to the National Stadium and he directed us to a certain point where he told us to ask someone else from there, since if he gave us the full description, we might not get it right.

To avoid the same scenario we had when trying to locate Mama's house the other time, Grandpa thanked the man and asked Mr. Gbenro to follow strictly the way the man gave the direction.

We asked someone else soon as we got to the last junction we were directed by the first man and we were told to drive down the street and the first turning by the left was Adekunle Close.

We got to the street as directed and house 'Nos' 15 as the General gave Papa.

Papa had to dial the general's number at the front of the house expecting he would pick and say "come in" or just open the door and show us inside but we had to wait for almost 20minutes before a black, tall and hefty looking man with black shades on and dressed in a navy-blue 'body-hug' shirt, black jeans and in black boots like that of a soldier just returning from the Central African Republic on an assassin mission walked up to us and said "follow me" in a very deep voice I imagined, he could be the only bass singer in a choral group of 500 choristers and his bass will still be sounding very loud even without a microphone.

Papa followed him and I followed Papa too not knowing I was looking for trouble.

He said follow me and I had thought he meant papa and I, but I never knew I was making a big mistake in my life following them as we turned on the left.

If I knew, I wouldn't have followed them, wouldn't have made that turn!.

T.B.C,.........
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
What do you guyz think of the story so far,should I continue?? smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
yeah

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
mistytohcute:
yeah

Ok dear wink
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Calmdove(f): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:
yes!! Pls continue *God knows what he going to see * more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:

No ooo...don't kontinu
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
Calmdove:
yes!! Pls continue *God knows what he going to see * more ink to your pen

Thanks dear smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

No ooo...don't kontinu

Lol,......why lah?? cheesy
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Fembleez1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hi guys. Kinwayne was nominated, 'Best New Comer' in literature section for this month, kindly click on this link
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014
to vote him if you feel he is the 'Best New comer'.

I Would be humbled and highly appreciative to see your votes. Thanx and God bless. smiley
Re: The Burial(Fears and Fierce) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:

Lol,......why lah?? cheesy

Cos the story make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her / Writers Needed / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.