Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,785 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

My Girlfriend Is Insecure - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Insecure (729 Views)

. / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / She Rejected A $15,000 Modeling Contract Because Her Yahooze Boyfriend Felt Insecure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Insecure by heynaija: 5:09am On Dec 15, 2014
My Girlfriend is Insecure

Insecure people are not just afraid, they are looney in my opinion. I mean fear is a normal part of life but when you begin to create images and scenarios to be afraid of in your head, then you're on my crazy list.

According to The Free Dictionary, "insecurity - the anxiety you experience when you feel vulnerable and insecure anxiety; a vague unpleasant emotion that is experienced in anticipation of some (usually ill-defined) misfortune"
I used to have this friend (I can't call her my friend anymore) and in the beginning, I thought she was just mushy. She wants to call, text you all the time, she doesn't want you talking to other people.

Then when she starts dating, she's all detective, going through his phone; trying to chat up his friends to know who she's competing with. Do you know she broke his code one time and saw a contact he had saved as MY DIAMOND, I'm sure she thought she had hit gold, and she took the contact.

On getting home, she tried the number and it was his mom. You see, at this point I thought "oh, her boyfriend probably has a reputation with women so she doesn't want to take chances."

Next thing, she wanted me to keep tabs on him and all, at the same time she's complaining I'm not giving her enough attention and all.

At this point, I knew mushy didn't quite describe it anymore, she was needy, clingy, jealous, a nag and a whole lot of other things, so I kept my distance.

I couldn't deal anymore, I mean, it's hard keeping up dating a boy, how will I deal with a nagging "girlfriend".

She then told her boyfriend to cut ties with me because she doesn't trust me and how I'm a threat to her, that was the point I realized she was insecure.

I went to Google and checked for the signs of an insecure personality and I saw these; selfish, controlling, jealousy, possessiveness, abusiveness, distrustfulness, overly competitiveness and some others.

I know that nobody is an island, and we need people at times, but whenever you realize you're seeking unnecessary attention or sympathy, the overly need to be controlling or right, then you need to take a long breath.

If possible, get a close friend or family (perhaps someone who understands your insecurity) to help you walk through it.

There are a lot of self help sites on how to work through insecurities; check Six Tips on Dealing With Insecure People and a whole lot others.

Have you ever been insecure? Have you been with an insecure friend or lover? how did you work through it?

Do you have a story you want us to publish about this topic or similar? Please send your article to naija@heynaija.com

http://www.heynaija.com/my-girlfriend-is-insecure/
Re: My Girlfriend Is Insecure by xynerise: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2014
Employ a bodyguard to secure her lipsrsealed
Re: My Girlfriend Is Insecure by major466(m): 7:50am On Dec 15, 2014
Insecurities are usually fueled by past experiences.

(1) (Reply)

Need Ur Orieentation Folks How 2 Stop Quick Ejaculate While Watching Sex Film / 4 Signs He Is Not Social/romantic. / Ladies! See 10 Things You Never Knew About Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.