Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Oops! No Free Lunch In Freetown - Story Of A Single Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Oops! No Free Lunch In Freetown - Story Of A Single Girl (738 Views)

Lunch Date Experience / My Dear, There Is No Free Lunch In Every Relationship / Love Is Free, But There Is No Free Lunch In Freetown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oops! No Free Lunch In Freetown - Story Of A Single Girl by okiezman(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Apologies for my sabbatical leave. May God give me the grace to continue blogging. *sigh*
Anyway you guessed right. I have been at Shiloh along with other single women approaching menopause. LoL.
My ex boyfriends warned me of this day but I never took them serious.

Now look at me today below.....LoL

Anyway, I also honoured another invitation to a friend’s church yesterday where prayers were specifically held for singles. Preacher said before 2014 runs out, we will meet our spouses.
Guess whose amen was the loudest?
To top it all, the preacher also told those of us who were job hunting to come to the altar and receive grace for a 360 turn of events. Guess who was the Usain Bolt amongst us?

Service ended. I felt renewed as I stood outside the church, patiently waiting for a vehicle to flag down. About three commercial buses passed by but they all refused to let me in when I showed them a N1000 note which was the only denomination I had.
Finally, an empty registered cab stops. The driver agreed to give me a lift at no cost when I presented the N100 note I had.

“How church been dey?” He asked.
“Fine.”
“So wetin be your name?”

*Sigh*

Nothing I dread most than cab drivers and okada riders that find it difficult to just shut up and drive. But I had act polite to show my gratitude for his free ride. Good thing I was going to get rid of him fast as there was no traffic. I estimated a ten minutes drive at most.

“I’m Krajak.” I said.
That was the first name that came to my mind when I sighted an empty packet of krajak biscuit. You can’t blame me, he had no business knowing my real name.
“Krajak? Which kind name be dat? You be Edo abi Calabar?”
“Calabar name”
“You fine well well. I go like make we become friends.”
“Thanks.”
“The former girl wey been dey sell for my joint na calabar girl sef. As she don go school, I dey find person to replace am. U fit?”
“I’m not looking for a job. I school too.” I lied.
“Ehennnn okay oh.” he quipped disappointedly.

When we got to the nearest bus stop at my house, he gripped my palm and demanded for my phone number.

“But I don’t know you. I don’t give out my number like that.” I said to him.
“Na why I dey ask for your number so I go know you. I wan make we become close friends. You sef no even ask me my name.”
I pretended not to hear him.
As I made to alight from the vehicle, he pulled me back and asked, “Krajak wey my N150?” in a tone completely eroded of the mannerism he depicted earlier.
My surprise at the new turn of events had me speaking pidgin this time.
“But you talk sey you go carry me for free.” .
“Oh, so you don enjoy my motor but to give me your GSM dey hard you.”
I took out the N1000 and flung it at him.
He ransacked his pockets for change. When he couldn’t come up with my balance, he went out of the car, bought N150 worth of groundnuts from a roadside hawker and shoved my balance into my palm.

“Yeye girl! You think say na only you sabi osho free. Fine you no even fine.”
So much for the miracle job and husband I was hesspecting this week.

Re: Oops! No Free Lunch In Freetown - Story Of A Single Girl by okiezman(m): 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
Re: Oops! No Free Lunch In Freetown - Story Of A Single Girl by prewtyjulie(f): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lols dis ur story funnyooo in d cab drivers voice.

You could av given a fake number n run away, i do give my late mum's number wit d xcuse dat my fone is off.

(1) (Reply)

The Question You Should Never Ask Your Partner / *a Boys Language And Itz Meanings* / What A Way To Say I Can't Buy U A VAL Dress! Lol. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.