Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... (19180 Views)

God Has Not Been Answering My Prayers And Its 5years NOW.. Please What Should I / How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / Wow. The Bible 'God' Killed More People Than 'Satan' Ever Did. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by ogoplus: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2014
AdeniyiA:
divine mission and assignments are most times about others and not self.
You've just discovered your gift, keep on using bro, to put smiles on the faces of people.
we get honour not by what we receive but what we give, and those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
The prayers of those you pray for would work for you and not yours
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Jay5000(m): 7:32am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:
I have noticed with a bit of pains that prayer works
on people and not me!

I have had the opportunity to pray and intercede for
people and it comes out positive, but one surprising
fact
is that I hardly get answers when I pray for
myself...

It all started during my degree years; I will teach and even help people during examination but often time their result comes out better than mine.

Fast forward to 2days ago. I prayed for someone who was
koboless, to have a surprise gift to the tune of
hundred
of thousands for a project she scrambled for. Less
than 56 hours later, she got it.

I personally dropped someone's CV to be considered for
bank job and less than 20hours letter the person
received a call for interview.

And today I prayed and
my kid sis was given a visa....where as I have tried
severally without succeeding.

This, amongst other
bizzare
experiences have become a cause for concern.

Matured advice only please!

God has probably answered your prayers.
He gives you what you need and not everything you ask for.
He knows what is best for you.
God may just be saving you and your sis from heartache.
Visa is not always a blessing.
I don't understand why a lot of people think it is.
Remember that His plans for you are of good and not of evil.
Trust God and be thankful.
He always knows what He is doing.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by santicruz: 7:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Pls I need prayers
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by funkyshade(f): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2014
It jes means u r spiritually inclined! All u nid to do is to be more closer to God so dat dere wil be brktru for u too.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by publicenemy(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

It all started during my degree years; I will teach and even help people during examination but often time their result comes out better than mine.

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

Thats becos ur a called prophet by God,thats how it is with nearly all the biblical prophets u need to work on ur personal relationship with God,He doesnt need you to pray to him for things you need,He needs you to improve ur relationship with him so you two can discuss just like Him and adam in the garden of Eden.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by tishat(f): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2014
it could be a sign of greatness, Adeboye narrated same case in one of his teachings as a challenge he faced in his early days as a pastor. Remain steadfast.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2014
publicenemy:

Thats becos ur a called prophet by God,thats how it is with nearly all the biblical prophets u need to work on ur personal relationship with God,He doesnt need you to pray to him for things you need,He needs you to improve ur relationship with him so you two can discuss just like Him and adam in the garden of Eden.

But please i need ur prayers now bro... Broke my left fore arm on the 10 october,i tried local treatment but the bones could not be set properly,so i went for a surgery for plates and screws to hold the bones and its been 1 week after the surgery i still cannot move my arm from the elbow to the fingers,they say it will sometime but am scared to death cos before the surgery i could move my fingers and the arm....am really scared pls i need ur prayers. 08098750612 pls i would rather commit suicide than live with one arm and i mean it.
Pls don't.....let me tel you I don't answer prayers.....its God that decides which he wants to answer....I sometimes ask him for vision for someone and I come out blank with nothing!
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by publicenemy(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:

Pls don't.....let me tel you I don't answer prayers.....its God that decides which he wants to answer....I sometimes ask him for vision for someone and I come out blank with nothing!

I know and understands but i need u to pray for me just like anyone would pray for anyone....pls.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by dnawah(m): 8:23am On Dec 17, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

don't be discourage ok.na prince of Persia things.one day i will come to pass,ur blessings d do press up.but wait o pray for me too na! i need money/good job and healing.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by chimoskyg(m): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2014
Bros pls pray for me
Thank u
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by koife(m): 11:06am On Dec 17, 2014
publicenemy:

I don't think am ready for that responsibility sir...besides am told I shouldn't be known
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by nopecin(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2014
U dey pray for somtin wey don already happen.....if i go beliv say ur prayers nah banker pray make boko haram confess or go agege find better blind man pray for am make him see then i go beliv say u sure pass TB J #gbam
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by quart: 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hi, I want to suggest that you ask God for the reasons behind delay. It could be lack of faith, generational curse, not praying according to God's plan for your life e.t.c. He might have better plans for you.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Vinnozaro(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
koife:
on people and not me!

fact
myself...

hundred

And today I prayed and

This, amongst other
bizzare

d fact dat God did not answer a particular Request from U does not mean he does not answer ur Prayer. EXAMINE UR PRAYERS N LIFE, i bet U, u will see or notice dat God has always bin answering ur Prayers.

SECONDLY B4 GOD WE ALWAYS B ANSWering d prayers u prayed for others ALWAYS........ He must first of all, some period of time been answering ur prayer

so don't think he does Not answers ur prayer for yourself, he does answer ur prayer for yourself! Examine ur life history n prayer
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by thecommunist(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
@OP,
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
gebest:
Same here o you people should help us o, if i pray for somebody under 24 hours it is done, but mine na wahala even over ten years now i ve been praying for something about my life yet nothing.

please Pray for my healing now...I am languishing on my sick bed thanks to auto accident...I am tired of this wahala...help me...thanks
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
koife:

Am humbled..amen...tnk u sir.

Pray for my healing...was involved in a ghastly motor accident... thank you
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
mercylicious:
well, their problem could be more shallow than yours. pray for your foundation agressively and after that, do a one week mercy prayer . mercy in anyway you have erred. forgive ppl dt have annoyed you. reversed all the curses u laid on ppl and d ones laid on u. u can also pray on any convenant working agaonst u- known and unknown, from urself, ur parents, ur village etc. There could be a legal ground dt d devil is using to block answers to ur self prayers and till u deal wit it, u might nt go further.

personally, am a fan of mercy prayers. whenever i meet a brick wall dt wont move, stop making any requests and revert to mercy prayer whenever i start, reveqlations start coming and from there, i know the direction to channel my prayers b4 i ever get back to requests.

Maybe you pray this mercy prayer for me too...involved in a ghastly accident and don't to waste here...kindly use your knees for me now plz
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
thecommunist:
@OP, I have the same experience as yours. I prayed for a friend of mine when he needed a job and like a miracle he got a job at schumberger, the guy just forgot all about me till today.
I prayed for my eldest sisters and today she is in real money, fortunately for me she is a generous person and I don't regret praying for her, in fact I pray for her during my midnight prayers and she is getting amazing results.
I prayed for my father when he was sick and at the point of death-he had been deathly ill for almost 4 months,the next he was miraculously healed!
There are a lot of people that I prayed for and they get results, Infact my 2 elder sisters recognized this my gift and as such are always calling me for prayers...But I realized sometimes ago that for me to get answers to prayers I pray for myself, I must do extra work in prayer.
when I realized this, I started telling people to pray for me too maybe it would be easier. But guess the answer I usually get? "that nobody can pray for you like you should pray for yourself" I just gave up asking people I prayed for to pray for me. instead I will give it the extra prayer effort to get my answers. But these days I pray more for myself and my generous elder sister, God bless me and her more in jesus name.
in summary OP: find someone serious as a prayer partner and try praying exclusively for each other. it may work .

Pray too for my divine healing plz...was involved in a ghastly motor accident...want the God of miracle to surprise me and for sure, I will surprise lots of less privileged in gratitude to God too...
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by thecommunist(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Pray too for my divine healing plz...was involved in a ghastly motor accident...want the God of miracle to surprise me and for sure, I will surprise lots of less privileged in gratitude to God too...
Receive Grace, Receive Healing in jesus name! by the power that raised jesus from the dead I command your total healing in jesus name.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by gebest: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

please Pray for my healing now...I am languishing on my sick bed thanks to auto accident...I am tired of this wahala...help me...thanks
ur message shows that u are strong it does'nt look like somebody on a sick bed but may it be unto u as u seek, if u seek healing recieve it under 72 hours in Jesus name.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
gebest:
ur message shows that u are strong it does'nt look like somebody on a sick bed but may it be unto u as u seek, if u seek healing recieve it under 72 hours in Jesus name.

.Amen...thanks so much...May God hearken to your voice and heal me now...Most people say same as you when we converse on phone till most see the extent of my injury and what I am passing through... Maybe if we can have some privacy, more details will be given to you...Are you on whatsapp?
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
thecommunist:
Receive Grace, Receive Healing in jesus name! by the power that raised jesus from the dead I command your total healing in jesus name.

Amen...thanks so much..May God listen to this cry for help and heal me...Amen...
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by gebest: 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

.Amen...thanks so much...May God hearken to your voice and heal me now...Most people say same as you when we converse on phone till most see the extent of my injury and what I am passing through... Maybe if we can have some privacy, more details will be given to you...Are you on whatsapp?
am not, since is injuries the Lord will reduce ur pains and quicken ur recovery.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
gebest:
am not, since is injuries the Lord will reduce ur pains and quicken ur recovery.

Amen...spine injury...
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by gebest: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Amen...spine injury...
in other words u ar finding it difficurt walking?
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
gebest:
in other words u ar finding it difficurt walking?

Yes...can't even control them both...just lying down now
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by gebest: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Yes...can't even control them both...just lying down now
thank God u said it now, am going into dry fasting tomorrow through friday, am telling u by faith "YOU WILL CRY NO MORE" i wish i can ve ur name.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
gebest:
thank God u said it now, am going into dry fasting tomorrow through friday, am telling u by faith "YOU WILL CRY NO MORE" i wish i can ve ur name.

Why not give me an e-mail or number to send my data to you...thank you so much...
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by gebest: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Why not give me an e-mail or number to send my data to you...thank you so much...
guess u ve it now.
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
gebest:
guess u ve it now.

No, haven't seen it...
Re: HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... by benjibabs(m): 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
@ OP,

What is God telling you about your situation? Are you just offering your prayers and dashing out of your closet expecting eveything to happen just as you asked? Remember, prayer is a dialogue. Try to do some listening after offering your prayers - be sensitive to the still small voice, even after you have left you closet at the end of your prayer. A lot of times when we pray, God responds by telling us something; however, because we focus on the manifestation of our desire we miss what God wants us to do which will eventually lead to the answer to our prayer. Answers to prayers do not always come as immediate manifestation of our desires. Why? It is because most of the time we ask for what we are not ready for (or in the bible words - we ask amiss!).

Again, what is God telling you about your situation or what has HE told you to do since you have been praying? Think about it, if there is anything God has been prompting you to do that seems so remote from what you are asking for and you ignore it, that is probably the bridge to the answer you seek. Focus on dialogue with God and do whatever He requires of you and He will guide you to your answer at the appropriate time.

Now, here is what I will advise you to do: take your post about this issue to God; nothing fancy, no fasting and marathon prayers. Simply, read your post to him and ask him to tell you exactly what you are asking from Nairalanders. After that, wait to hear from him by being sensitive to the still small voice.

Shalom cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Is It A Sin / SSS Invitation Letter To Pastor Bakare(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.