Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (63501 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2015
"The people wey beat me say make I pass this paper to you" He brought out a dirty looking paper and gave a surprised Chuks.

him wey de do strong head make I see how him go pull this one through

maybe he lost his life thereby leading to Tade becoming an activist

nice one Mike continue d great work
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 12:16am On Mar 11, 2015
"Toke, what have I done?"

"What have you not done, eh Chinedu? What's it with you? You attacked that poor guy so badly that he has missed weeks of lecture."

"Is that my fault? Can't I defend my own? He was coming close to someone's property, no my own property! How dare he?"

"So that's why you made sure he visited the hospital, shey? You know in your heart of hearts that I can never have anything to do with him. And he is just one of many examples."

He held her waist and attempted to draw her to him, forcing her to push back. "I am only defending my own property."

"So I am now like a house or stock in the stock market you have to protect, eh? "

"Toke, you know you are much more than that. You are my heart, my love. You know......."

"Is that a reason for what you are doing? You chase every person that comes near me, as far as he does not plait his hair and wears trousers and walks like a man. All my male friends avoid me, like am an outcast. I can't even get help for my studies."

"Toke, you and I know that its not as bad as you are suggesting it."

"It is that bad and more worse. My class rep told me the whole situation."

"That weasel!" He swore.

"Listen to yourself." She started walking away from him fast, leaving him behind for a second before he dragged her back.

"Toke! Toke!! Wait na!" He called back."Don't push me away, you know that hurts."

"Ehen? But you don't want to know what hurts me abi?"

"See, there is really nothing in all you are......"

"Stop it! Just Stop it! Jesus, I wonder why I am having this conversation!"

"Toke, what do you mean by that?"

"Look, if you can't trust me when am around any guy, then go find yourself another girl. At least you have been f*cking some."

"Toke!"

"Don't Toke me! Or you think I do not hear? Despite all what I hear, I decide to trust you and this is how you pay me? Sending monitoring spirits all over me?"

"Toke, am sorry." He knelt down.

"Please stand up." She said looking embarrassed. Some 'amebos' were peeping from where they are.

"I won't stand until you forgive me."

"Oya, Oya I forgive you. But stand please."

Chinedu, stood up slowly. It was hard to believe that this romantic fellow was the one called Nightcrawler, feared by many a student.

"But please make my life bearable. Trust me in my dealing with guys. At least not all of them are despicable."

"Okay. I promise I won't monitor you again" He reached for a hug. "Oya hug me now."

Toke, now appeased, give him a full hug, her jugs pressing on his chest. She then smiled and peeked him before hailing a bike.

As soon as she left, he called a number.

"Follow her, make sure nobody is seeing you."
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 12:17am On Mar 11, 2015
Please where is Larrysun?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2015
"Follow her, make sure nobody is seeing you."

do they keep their words?? I guess not
chuks n Tade must b safe o no matter what..

Mike ride on
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
The Yoruba people say, 'abenilori ti ko kin fe je ki won me ida koja ni ori oun' means, the killers, that don't want anybody to bring sword near his head

So, he dey fvck another girl, and he no wan make them fvck him girl, abi

And beside, his last statement yen, does that indicate that, he will fulfill his promise

I dey observe from far away mars shaa, in ma 17d lens

Keep em coming bross
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 12:32am On Mar 12, 2015
Meanwhile Chuks was reading with some surprise, the threat that was sent via Korede.

"Guy, you have to do something about this, these guys will not let you live." Tade advised

Chuks just nodded his head about the place.

"Tade I know that, I really don't need you telling me that again."

"How they linked me to you, I could not tell" Korede said."But they were sure that I will be able to find you. They did as much as threaten me if their message is not sent promptly."

Chuks raised his head up."I will find a way around this. But I have to go now."

"Now? Guy, no start that one, you just land now. Make we gist small."

"What have we been doing, Korede? Isn't it gist that we have been gisting?"

"Gist ko ti tan now, I still get gist."

"About how you have been using your time to be toasting nurses, abi?" Tade said.

"Guy, wetin be your own? Chuks no answer am."

"Guys, I have to go. Un-like you, Korede, I have responsibilities I can't delay." He walked out of the hospital.

The semester ran quickly, like a 100m race. Not that it guaranteed a speedy session, as the rush, often paid by the not-the-best performance by the students in the exams, is often due to the fear of industrial action, popularly known as strike by the unions in the university. These strikes, often masked by these unions as a fight to improve the learning conditions for the students, often results in some increased remuneration by the government and promises of improved facilities and learning conditions; promises that are never kept. Therefore, the cycle continues, with students suffering the brunt of it.

It was during one of these strikes that the genesis of Chuks death started.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 7:29am On Mar 12, 2015
Oya let's go dude
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Jokybaby: 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hmm.Nyc 1 Dearie,i Rili Luv Reading Ur Stories Rapmike.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
While Korede had learnt from his misfortune that not all 'food' must be eaten, Chuks and Toke's friendship started to grow, though a bit slow at first. This was understandable, considering what had happened in the recent past. However, a dangerous spot in the realm called 'being friends with a girl' is when the two parties are often alone a lot of times. The strike afforded Chuks and Toke such opportunity.

Normally, school strikes are a pain in the neck of all students, as the momentum gathered during the semester is automatically washed away and students have to abandon their studies. However, one of the privileges of being in the college of Health Sciences is that the lecturers from Part Two onwards were not just lecturers, but doctors and consultants, meaning that their work is mainly in the hospital. This meant that most of the lectures did not take place in the campus area, but some distance from the school in the General Hospital.

This meant that Chuks was not having any break.

So as Tade and Korede packed their bags and made for home, Chuks went for lectures, meaning that he will meet Toke more often.

This bred a lot of unwanted feelings as the friendship blossomed to one that was now crossing lines.

Lines Chuks was not bound to cross.

The strike lasted four months and by the time Tade and co were back, Chuks had not only become a 300 level student(while Tade and co were still in 200) but was now in a more-than-friend relationship with Toke.

Unfortunately, Chinedu did not find that funny.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
Who wouldn't be carried away with that, ehn?

Just a friend koo, just an enemy ni

Chuks, may God save you thou
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 2:36am On Mar 18, 2015
harjibolar10:
Who wouldn't be carried away with that, ehn?

Just a friend koo, just an enemy ni

Chuks, may God save you thou
it was during one of these strikes that the
genesis of Chuks death started.

u no read the above??

Mike tnx for d updates
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 7:24am On Mar 18, 2015
kingphilip:

it was during one of these strikes that the
genesis of Chuks death started.

u no read the above??

Mike tnx for d updates
I read it now

What I mean was that, who do such? Making just friend with a lady that always hang around with(alone) without love affection or something?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
harjibolar10:

I read it now

What I mean was that, who do such? Making just friend with a lady that always hang around with(alone) without love affection or something?

he who the gods wants to kill they first make mad seems that's the problem with him here
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
kingphilip:

he who the gods wants to kill they first make mad seems that's the problem with him here
Maybe so oooo

Chuks don enter one chance be that oo
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:06am On Mar 19, 2015
At first, He did not take it as serious as Toke was always having those 'days'. However her persistence began to unsettle him and when she almost forced a kiss out of Chuks, he knew what was happening. His cronies were already pushed for an immediate action on Chuks, but he tarried a little.

Patience they say, makes a meal appetizing!

Meanwhile in Fajuyi hall, Tade was watching with disdain and slight bemusement the increased fondness between Chuks and Toke and he did not take it lightly.

"Chuks, am not comfortable with this your relationship with Toke, its getting out of hand." He protested to Chuks one day.

"Guy, chill out! We are just being friends! Its nothing."

"Nothing indeed! What about the time she was snuggling up with you during the rain, this time last week? Or the fact that she is having issues with her boyfriend?"

"What has her boyfriend issues got to do with this dicussion? The guy is a self-centered, low-egoed dude!"

"Yet he is the capone of one of the most dangerous cut groups in school" Korede jumped in. "Tade is not the only one bothered about your involvement with this girl."

"Look, the fact that you publicly toasted the babe does not mean that I will go the same route."

"What you don't understand is that your route is a more dangerous path. If a guy has to toast a girl, it means that she is not having anything to lose, but the guy has, therefore he has to do things to impress her. In your case, she has a natural liking for you and its dangerous.Its more dangerous because she will become vulnerable to you and with time, you may become vulnerable to her. If for instance the day rain fell, both of you were alone, do you know what could have happened? Your hormones will have pushed themselves to work, even if you were not thinking of that. Then you may do stuff that you will regret later. Or you may actually be so weak as to ask her out."

"And she will accept easily, inciting Chinedu and the Ravens against you" Tade added. "You don't even know what she is thinking at the moment. What if she breaks up with Chinedu?"

"Ehen? What will happen if she does so?" Chuks asked defiantly.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 7:46am On Mar 19, 2015
"Ehen? What will happen if she does so?" Chinedu asked defiantly.

fly wey no de hear word go follow dead body go grave.. it's evident chuks don't want to read the handwriting on the wall and this will mark his doom

continue the good work Mike nice piece
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2015

"Ehen? What will happen if she does so?" Chinedu chucks asked defiantly.

The dog wey go lost, no go hear the Guards caoution now.. . If Chinedu catch you, I no know no dey ooo

Chucks, here comes your doom

Bross, thanks for the update
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
harjibolar10:

The dog wey go lost, no go hear the Guards caoution now.. . If Chinedu catch you, I no know no dey ooo

Chucks, here comes your doom

Bross, thanks for the update

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:07am On Mar 21, 2015
Tade raised his hands to the heavens, finally accepting defeat in the quest to knock some sense into his roomie.

"What will you do if you were Chinedu,Chuks?"
Korede asked, looking concerned."You know the kind of power he wields."

"I will do nothing."

Tade put his hands in his head, Korede opening his mouth with that ' You can lie ooh' look. Chuks did not bother about any gesticulations from them but decided to leave them alone.

Once outside his room, Chuks walked to the stairs and sat down there, thinking about what they said.

It is not like they were wrong in anyway, in fact he kind of shared their fears, only that he did not want them to feel like some advisers all of a sudden. He knew, much more than Korede knew, about the consequences of pushing the relationship further.

The only problem he had was that he was not sure of what he wanted from the relationship. This left him in a tight spot.

He was not the only person in such a spot.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 2:53am On Mar 21, 2015
Toke dropped her phone on the bed. She had just finished talking to her boyfriend, who had used all the persuasive skills he could muster to make up with her.

She liked him; Chinedu that is. He had this directness in him that she liked, it was easy to know what he wanted. For all his cult activities, he never bullied a lecturer. In fact most of his lecturers don't know him as a cult member. He had a way with ladies, though he was not a smooth talker, he knew how to get a lady if he wanted. He showed her enough affection without looking like a maga or a dunce. He was sincere with her, at least sincere enough not deny any offence he committed.

But he had this possessive nature about him, always monitoring her about. She never really noticed on her own, it was always her friends that pointed that out. The most recent incident almost generated to chaos as her friend almost raised an alarm, thinking that his spy was going to mob them.

Then his vindictive stint scared her. He had almost driven all her male friends away, including those that helped her with assignments. It was still a miracle that Chuks had not left her.

Chuks himself was another person that she was beginning to like. Initially he was behaving oddly, like a nerd. But as they continued studying together and her grades improved, he lightened up and they started really relating like friends, gisting and going out to places together. He was free and calm, always seemed to know more than she thought he would about, which impressed her.

Of recent their relationship had increased in tempo and latitude, up to the extent that she stole a kiss from him. Of course they both realised that they did something stupid and decided to forget about the incident.

But she can't and the more she thought of it, the more she began to see Chuks as a husband figure. She would consider it blessed if she had someone like Chuks as a husband. Chinedu was not bad, but definitely was not husband material. She needed someone close by with a legal business that is not scary, not a guy who goes for shady deals every now and then. Chuks really fit the bill, however she knew that she could not just drop Chinedu.

She suddenly had an idea. Since Chinedu has a few 'side-chicks', he won't mind being a 'side-guy'. She will keep running the relationship with Chinedu while trying to gwt Chuks to a state that he will commit.

"A girl has to do what she has to do." She said to herself
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by eitsei(m): 7:26am On Mar 21, 2015
dis girl wan put chuks into trouble n chuks self no wan apply sense anymore
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
"A girl has to do what she has to do." She said to herself

Obinrin!!!! I fear them ooo

Chucks have to be more that careful here ooo, and Chinedu has to be careful and act mature also, who does that thou?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
The second semester examination started with pace, carrying everyone's attention away from other activities and events. Boyfriends abandoned their girlfriends, girlfriends abandoned their boyfriends, social events dried up faster than shallow wells in dry season.

Tade and co were quite engaged throughout the duration of the exams. Unsurprising to say the the least, Chuks and Toke were a bit adrift, despite the fact that their calender differs from the rest. Chuks decided on this so as not to give any unwanted interpretation of his relationship with Toke. Besides Chinedu, some of his course mates had started giving snide remarks about them. He wanted none of that.

Because of the strike, what supposed to be a month's break was now shortened to three weeks, as the University Management were eager to kick start the new session.

As Tade moved out of his room, he initially wanted to rent an apartment in the town area. Chuks and Made dissuaded him. Also Malik, who had already started working gave his input on the matter.

"Generally, campus is safer" He started. "Most of the cult folks stay in town and they launch attacks on one another there. A few spots in town may be safe but generally town is not too safe. If its itching you that bad, get a place in town and campus. That way you can crash on campus if need be."

Tade finally decided to get another room in Fajuyi and he got the medical floor again ( it was called medical floor because it was strictly used by medical students years back). Of course, he was not the only person as Chuks, Made and Shittu contributed money to stay with him.

His Part One room mates are back!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
Keep em coming boss
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Everything seemed to have gone well at this point, Tade and Co were in their third year, Made was already in a political post in his department(P.R.O), Shittu was also doing good and Chuks seemed to have settled some sense into his head by reducing his intensity as pertaining to Toke. All seemed good.

At the flip-side, Toke was trying hard to awaken what she had felt were flames of love from Chuks. She tried personal visits,cooking for him, helping him out in errands, even the ones he did not ask for. Many a student wondered what would drive her to do so much for Chuks. Meanwhile this gestures, rather than make the friendship smoother, was adding rough edges as Chuks was becoming uneasy with all her antics. It all came to an head one morning.

"Toke, what's the meaning of all this?" Chuks said harshly to her, after for the umpteenth time she had fried some yam and plantain and brought them to him.

"Its for you." She said, gently placing her hands on him. Chuks instantly slapped those hands away.

"Toke, why are you trying to foment trouble between me and Chinedu? Isn't our friendship enough?"

"What do you mean by that?" She snarled at him. "Is it because I have taken out time to be good to you, that's why you insult me? Who do you think you are, compared to me?"

"Toke, that's secondary. The simple fact is that you are doing things that are meant for Chinedu for me. I understand one or two random dishes and I appreciate that, but this everyday presentation of food is not it. Toke, I can't and won't be your boyfriend, simple!"

"Chuks, why are you talking like this? You know my feelings for you, why hurt me?"

"Toke, I do not wish to hurt you but if that's the only way that I can put it in your head, I will have no choice."

"I see. So that's why you have been behaving weird to me eh? Like we were never friends?"

"See, I can't continue risking a lot because of 'your' agenda."

"My agenda? That's so wrong, Chuks! Yes, I needed your help in academics but you think that the reason I came so close to you? Chuks, is that what you think?"

"I know your agenda Toke and I am not interested. I don't want a relationship with you, period! Focus all this attention on Chinedu, he will appreciate it a lot."

Toke eyes burst into tears. "You can do this, Chuks? You? You!" She walked away.

Chuks looked at her swaying her as5 off and he wondered

Women!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 10:51am On Mar 25, 2015
Meanwhile, Tade was chatting with Shade at the bunker below Covered Pavilion.

"Tade, how far with your babes now?" She asked him. Tade acted surprised and miffed, yet he said nothing.

"Is that the way you will greet me after all this while? Shade, you are not a good friend. We have not seen each other for a whole session and na this question you come ask?"

"But we dey chat for BBM na" Shade said. "Abi that one does not qualify?" Tade shook his head stubbornly.

"Oya sorry, how are you?" She asked. Tade smiled and answered back.

"So how your babes?" She asked with Tade frowning.

"No form for me jare, as if I no see all those babes wey dey follow you for your department."

"Shade, I hold a position there, as a class rep" Tade replied. "There is no babe anywhere, unless you want to call Wande that."

"Wande? Wande! Why her, Tade? Wande is a dangerous person."

"She's just a friend, Shade. I have had her as a friend for a while and nothing evil has befallen me. In fact there is something I wanted to ask you, Shade but that will be later. How is Lekan?"

Shade pouted, obviously displeased at Tade's objective of dodging questions. "I and Lekan have broken up."

"Eh? What happened?"

"Well, we grew apart. That's all."

Tade checked his watch. "Shade, I have to go. Need to be in a meeting now." He picked himself and left before she could ask anything.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by eitsei(m): 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
keep it coming........ y av ppl stopped commenting??.....
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 3:48am On Mar 26, 2015
eitsei:
keep it coming........ y av ppl stopped commenting??.....
May be they are looking at the story from another angle ni Jaree

Thanks for the update boss
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Tholuwani(f): 6:27am On Mar 26, 2015
I'm enjoying u rapmike.well done &keep it coming
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2015
Later that night, a certain meeting took place.

It took place in that familiar shadowy place where agents of evil and death stays and preys in the dark of the night. The only place where his kind of people could have a place to discuss their agenda.

Dangerous agendas

Its in such place that Chinedu gathered his force, the full power and might of the Ravens, for this was an important meeting, a meeting to take positions and undertake important jobs.

The first agenda on the list concerned the elections. The elections, a result of a judicial readjustment, was holing in a few weeks. Of course, his client would have wanted to rig the elections, but considering how that panned out, he wanted a more permanent solution, in case another rigging goes awry. He wanted his opponent dead.

The second was another client who wanted his opponent dead. This client, however was candidate in the SUG elections, whose opponent had hired a rival cult group to protect him and kill the client.

The third case was a dual case; Chuks relationship with Toke came to the spotlight, while another girl had rudely refused the advances of one of them and launched a scathing retort at the whole fraternity.

Two other cases were brought up, both involving assassinations. Chinedu quickly sorted out the business of the day, starting with Chuks and Toke.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Chinedu turned around, looking for a particular fellow with the bon-fire the only aid to his sight.

"Where is Ace?" Chinedu growled at his subordinates, who searched themselves. Ace was nowhere to be found, leaving Chinedu vexed. As he was about to pounce on someone, Ace showed up.

Ace, 6Ft 3, was not a guy to trifle with. His muscles rippled with sheer power as his chest , barely contained by the T-shirt on him, was of a wider span than Superman's own. His face, dark like chocolate, was handsomely crafted with slight cuts on his cheek counting for tribal marks. His real name; Oluwaseyi Taiwo.

"Ace, where were you? Why did you come late to today's meeting? You know the rules here!" Chinedu bellowed, obviously not pleased that Ace 'bounced into the area.

"My lord Capone, I am sorry. Chief Ogunlana asked for my presence."

"So what did you bring from there? Don't tell me nonsense!" The recently 'balmmed' members watched the scene with interest. They knew Ace to be arrogant and controlling, it was cool to see him cower, at least that's what they taught.

"He gave me information sir, personal information. Shall I speak about it?"

"No, leave that for later. Let's start our meeting proper." Chinedu's face molded to something softer.

Ace started giving information about Chuks and Toke, having replaced Mosquito. He relayed all that has happened between the two, including their big fallout in Fajuyi.

"That's good. The young man has gained some sense." Chinedu said. "You see," he turned around facing the cult, "there is no need to use force at all times. A little touch and he is gone."

They continued the meeting, giving information on all the available jobs. At the end, Chinedu split the group into three; One group followed Ace to the SUG elections, a second group of two followed Chinedu himself to assassinate the governorship candidate and the third group were left as back-up for both teams. As soon as they were done, Chinedu turned round and shot into the dark bush, stunning a few cult members. He went in there and returned with a huge snake, which the groups that were on a mission cooked and ate. He then dismissed them.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 1:26am On Mar 27, 2015
Wow u r really doing great here

keep the flag flying and forget the number of comments here

nice one Mike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Twist Of Fate. / TORN (based On A True Life Story) / What Is The Difference Between Learnt And Learned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.