Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] (55366 Views)

Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by zubizareta(m): 11:40am On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:
Be it Osinbajo, Oshiomole or Amaechi, it's a sure success.

Modified*

Congrats to you GMB for sticking with someone from the SW where the election will be decided.

In 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola and all other APC politicians which he now enjoys. I am very sure that Osinbajo was nominated by Tinubu after Buhari rejected him for the slot. So, Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.

Going SS would have been much more difficult to sell to the Yorubas because the ticket does not guarantee them the presidency even in the next eight years especially when they have been marginalized by GEJ for the past six years. So, how do you convince them to troop out on election day? Besides, nothing you can give the SS/SE now, not even the presidential slot, that will make them vote against "their son".

Once the election is won, Amaechi and other SS's APC guys will have their own dues?

An Amaechi as the Petroleum Minister won't be a bad idea for example

All in all, I see this choice as the best option to defeat PDP.

PDP/GEJ now be like " ... shitting in their pants"

Its unfortunate that most Nigerians have no idea of this country's problems...so if them leave you, you go appoint Amaechi as the Petroleum Minister because he successfully campaigned for Buhari?? does he even have the technical know-how??

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2014
why na....
GMB on the path to failure...
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by stigman(m): 11:41am On Dec 17, 2014
In naija u don't make it open that you want to fight corruption until you enter, apart from GEJ his corrupt back bone will never let you into the government.... Sorry GMB you just lost

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Sweetlemon(f): 11:41am On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

You're correct but I still believe that sticking in the SW is the best option.

SS/SE is locked down for PDP/GEJ. Even if the VP slot is given to them, APC is not guaranteed 30% of the votes. This is incontrovertible.
Add that to the NC and the chance that they can make an incursion into the SW who will not be too keen to vote Buhar/SS and you have them winning another landslide so to say.

As things are now, with vigorous campaign in the SS, 20% of the votes is enough once North and SW are in the kitty.

Yes even at that, that 30% votes from SS can go a long way for them clinching the crown.

The SW is already on lock down. as you can see, you hardly hear and see S Westerners demanding for these things. What they are concerned about is respect and recognition.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2014
tola9ja:
Nigerians are currently ruled by five president
president patient jonathan
president ngozi okonjo iweala
president Alison madueke
president Stella odua
the last president is the most clueless among them

oya

guess guess guess
GEJ na, wey my prize?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2014
Very strategic move from Buhari! Smart move! He knew better than to choose Amaechi as a VP Candidate.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Sweetlemon:

One Nigeria? Under GEJ?

My friend, are you typing from Australia?
No the guy dey Iraq
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by waley1231: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2014
mayorjosh:
he is using him to hold his grou
nd in the west

Who?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 11:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Yes even at that, that 30% votes from SS can go a long way for them clinching the crown.

The SW is already on lock down. as you can see, you hardly hear and see S Westerners demanding for these things. What they are concerned about is respect and recognition.

I don't agree a bit that the SW is locked down without a South Westerner on the ticket. It would have been a very very hard sell.
And with one of their own on the ticket, they are assured of the respect and recognition.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by safarigirl(f): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

SS/SE is locked down for PDP/GEJ. Even if the VP slot is given to them, APC is not guaranteed 30% of the votes. This is incontrovertible.
Add that to the NC and the chance that they can make an incursion into the SW who will not be too keen to vote Buhar/SS and you have them winning another landslide so to say.

As things are now, with vigorous campaign in the SS, 20% of the votes is enough once North and SW are in the kitty.
it would be easier to get SE votes than SS, but with Osinbajo? It would just be another Ribadu/Bakare ticket. Pastor Tunde Bakare, seemed smarter than GEJ, GO of a church, from SW, and still, he was unknown where it mattered. Fashola was a better choice abeg, he would've locked down SW and gotten SS votes
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
Lets see how they get votes from south east and south south knowing too well that votes from the North and west will be shared btw the two parties
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tola9ja: 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
adisasegun:
GEJ na, wey my prize?
olodo
Badluck ebola jonadaft😛
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
zubizareta:

Its unfortunate that most Nigerians have no idea of this country's problems...so if them leave you, you go appoint Amaechi as the Petroleum Minister because he successfully campaigned for Buhari?? does he even have the technical know-how??

Someone who has managed a state as Rivers successfully for eight years cannot be said to be lacking in competency as a Petroleum minister.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by chesterlee(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
bluehorizo:

Do you even have a voter's card?
LOOL...I'll work as an Inec Adhoc staff

I hope u know what that means. #GejTill2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by fkaz(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
chrisbaba1:
[size=16pt]I am an APC supporter and a Yoruba, but if this is true, APC will lose severely again, We need a politician, someone who has a followership base already.... with this i think buhari is cursed to always make bad choices.

Buhari, you just buried your presidential aspirations again, congrats. i will throw my vote away by voting Okotie or whoever. angry angry angry[/size]

Nobody ask you if you are a yorubaman or not, Iboman like you. If truely you are a yorubaman you will know that Tinubu has the biggest political bloc in southwest and osibanjo is from Tinubu political bloc
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Jollymich(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2014
some ppl are worried about human right violations and freedom of rights. Buhari was sometimes said to be a dictator and unfit for democratical dispensation. This he made it real sometimes 31 years ago when he deposed democratic elected president. Well he has plan after all Obasanjo a solder sidelined Atiku a custom officer with twenty years experience during his administration and nothing happened. Buhari is too much for Osibanjo. I forsee danger. Osibanjo can not protect our interest because their plan is to be elected in all top political position before they set the buring fire on us if you doubt me google ABUJA declaration 1989 and see their game plan and strategies you think they are fools with that plan they will achieve their aim if not now its latter or in next generation but its gonna be for real when they begin to slaugher every one thats not theirs your church will disoganize and pastor will run for their lives
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by maestroferddi: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2014
Advantage Jonathan/PDP.

The momentum Buhari/APC has garnered over the past few days is crashing down with the anticlimax that is the choice of Osinbajo.

Even a neophyte in politics knows the import of following and structures in picking candidates to deliver electoral value. What would an Osinbajo add to a Buhari ticket other than the fact that he is from the SW and a part-time RCCG pastor? Talk of someone repeating a mistake: Tunde Bakare never flew...

Just watch as Olisa Metuh swings into action to deconstruct this strange amalgam that the APC threw up...

In the final analysis, I can't see the PDP any losing sleep as per next year's election.

Politics transcends rabble-rousing...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Mystery11(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2014
If it is actually true that the Prof is taken, then NW and NE will vote GMB. SS is divided, APC having two states of the five and some sympathy votes from the remaining SS three states.

SE is entirely PDP except one.

SW is more of APC. The main area of contention is NC. It will go a long way to determine the actual winner.

Calculation at its peak. Politicians dey really chop money but they no dey sleep. grin
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by iamtocorrect: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2014
iGeneral:
Four things about this choice:

1. Place Oshibajo beside sambo and let them debate on any issue, we know who will win

2. With Oshibajo on the ticket, GEJ can't go to Adeboye to commit that kneeling down fraud he committed in 2011 which he used to cream RCCG members vote. So GEJ lost a block vote there cos there's an homeboy as VP.

3.Oshibajo will certainly win his Polling unit, ward, local govt and state. Unlike Sambo who walks like a duck and is notorious for losing even in his nuclear family. Sambo doesn't bring any electoral value to the GEJ ticket.

4. It follows therefore that this coming election is more about the prez candidates than any VP. And on this note most people agreed GEJ has made a mess of our nation and can't be allowed to continue on that trajectory.

And finally, if GMB had chosen Amaechi, PDP goons will say he is corrupt and a traitor. If he had chosen Oshiomole, they will bring up the issue of'go and die' for the campaign. If he chose Fayemi, they will say the man who was rejected for 2nd term by his own people. So it is good GMB went for a man without baggage.
the most reasonable comment i have read so far. I agree with you on why Amechi cannot be selected.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by arsetalks(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

I agree with you totally. Who is SS between?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2014
safarigirl:
who exactly is Osinbajo?[b] Fashola was by far a better option. Forget bigots, the SS/SE would've voted the popular Muslim [/b]Fashola over the relatively unknown Christian Osinbajo. The only thing that may push this fellow is that he has close ties to Adeboye....even at that sef....anyway anybody is better than non-existent, slightly r3t@rded Sambo

This is pure lie and you know it. Honestly I'm surprised to find you among these shameless people that lies and distort the truth. If it had been fashola you south easterners would be the people shouting moslem moslem. You people disgust me. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by ishiamu(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2014
austinvsb1:

Trust me when i say this.. Millions of Rccg votes are sealed already.. Yu really xpect followers not to vote baba adeboye's right hand man, when the otuoke zoologist has failed everyone in the country except mama peace?? Keep dreaming!

That's y u lack sense everyone knows who to vote even before his emergence the election is between the 2 presidential aspirant not their vp. He's supposed to booted out of the church for joining politics a dirty game.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisDiote:
Lets see how they get votes from south east and south south knowing too well that votes from the North and west will be shared btw the two parties

It is an illusion now to think that votes from North and West will be shared by APC and PDP. If PDP gets above 40% votes in any of the NE and NW, they would have tried. In the NC I reckon maybe 50/50 with APC's strength in that region now.

Once APC can get 20 to 25% from the SS/SE, game over for PDP.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by PassingShot(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2014
arsetalks:
I agree with you totally. Who is SS between?

I was only referring to anyone from South South.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by watchindelta(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2014
PDP n APC just dey make noise any how here everyday but u ppl 4get the election will not happen here in nairaland. I kn some ppl will nearly die that day because of does yeye politicians that making their life hell since 000000AD. but not me lie lie na witch!
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by fkaz(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisDiote:

Na you won share votes from north and south west for jonathan?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by zubizareta(m): 11:53am On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

Someone who has managed a state as Rivers successfully for eight years cannot be said to be lacking in competency as a Petroleum minister.

The office of Rivers state no doubt is quite bigger than that of a petroleum minister but they are definitely different things entirely....
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by opeyehmmy(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2014
busterr:
the leadership of nigeria rests on the shoulders of one among two dominant people, one is weak, the other is a 72 year old man who would have retired many years ago in civil service. nigeria is just unfortunate.
Watch it!!! We are nt unfortunate... Check those who make up the gov't & rule in Zimbabwe... & i'm sure u'll av a re-think.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Mystery11(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2014
austinvsb1:

Osibanjo is pastor adeboye's right hand man..thats who.. You ll be suprised how the religion blame game the pdp started will so work against them now that a senior pastor from the largest christain body in the nigeria seeks office.

Get your facts bro, Catholic has that record in Nigeria. Before you start, I am not a Catholic.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 17, 2014
Caseless:
they are yet to come and speak on this. I heard Tinubu is interested in d vp slot. Again, i heard d governors are rooting for one of their own.
Well, If Tinubu is interested or if he is picked, I will support him. As long as Muhammadu Buhari is the Presidential Candidate. Beside, Tinubu is a competent Administrator
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by ikwubaba: 11:56am On Dec 17, 2014
kingthreat:
Ok APC should win only in the South-west and Northern states then. Not in the South East, South-South or Middle Belt.

If they clear those areas, they win. Check registered voters from Inec site. But which states do you think PDP is taking from middle belt?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by safarigirl(f): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2014
django1:

This is pure lie and you know it. Honestly I'm surprised to find you among these shameless people that lies and distort the truth. If it had been fashola you south easterners would be the people shouting moslem moslem. You people disgust me. Tufiakwa.
I'm more of SS than a SE, sorry. My mindset is geared towards SS, maybe the deportation saga would have worked against Fashola in SE, not his religion. Sort yourself out, I no send wetin dey disgust you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'our Mumu Don Do': Nigerian Soldier Talks About 2019 Election In Trending Video / Omarosa Manigault Resigns From White House Job / APC Primaries: Okorocha Congratulates Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.