Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak (2384 Views)

Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You / 10 Proven Signs That A Lady Ain't Interested In You. / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Prelude.
.It can seem endearing in the beginning … he calls to check up on you and say hi, and takes care of all of the arrangements for your night out. But is he prince charming or a closet control freak? Here are some signs to be aware of.

1) It’s their way or no way

Does this person insist on being right? Are they a know-it-all? Do they have a nearly impossible time listening to another’s point of view? If this is the case, you are likely looking at someone with some control issues.

2) They love their schedule…

and they really don’t love when you try to switch things up last minute! Controlling individuals may have a hard time with spontaneity, as they like to orchestrate the environment around them as much as possible and sometimes – the person they are with.
Look out for someone who’s so rigid they can’t let go and enjoy a spur-of-the-moment activity.

3) They like to feel like king (or queen) of the relationship

A healthy relationship is a balanced and equal partnership. Anyone who expects you to look up to them, listen to their every word or even tells you what you need to be doing in any aspect of life, could very well be a control freak.

4) They need you – 24/7

A controlling person isn’t usually a super independent one. At first it may seem endearing when they call you three times a day to say hi, but this will quickly turn into “clinginess” and eventually a possessive pattern.
Not only will they want to know where you are, but who you are with – and may even try to keep you away from certain friends they don’t approve of. It’s a dangerous path to go down, so beware.

5) Their lives are chaotic

They can’t control what happens at work, or with their finances and their lives are usually borderline out of hand. This is all the more reason they might try to control something, and that something could be you.
Looking for a balanced person with a healthy life is your best bet to avoid this type of personality.

7) They are critical – of you

Another way some individuals control others is through slowly attacking their partner’s self esteem.
Constant criticism of minor things, like how you dress, how you clean the house, or even how you speak, can eventually wear anyone down. Watch out for the person who loves to tell you how you are doing things wrong.

8 They display extreme jealousy

A controlling person is often very insecure about their relationship, and can quickly get possessive of their partner.

The bottom line: If any of this sounds familiar to you, read on to learn more about controlling relationships, and how to cope.

..... So, when you find some of this attribute in your partner or someone, you are definite that they might be a control freak.

Note: feel free to add yours

http:///35090/7-signs-may-control-freak/

2 Likes

Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by naijaboiy: 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
Does these apply to only guys?
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
I seeeeeeeeee
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by temitemi1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Noted!!!
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by ammyluv2002(f): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hmmmmm...thank God I'm not one tongue
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by niffymizzy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
1, 3, 7 are so true
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by holatin(m): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
almost all that are characteristics of feminism
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by Beennkumar(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
9) He/She wants to know every detail of what you do, what you've done, or what you're about to do, no matter how personal it is.

1 Like

Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
All this signs just to know a control freak?

Some people eh
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
naijaboiy:
Does these apply to only guys?

It applies to both sexes.....

Haven't you seen ladies exhibiting those traits before and the post never suggest it is only exhibited by guys alone
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by April07: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
holatin:

Define feminism undecided

1 Like

Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
holatin:

Why bring feminism into the picture.
Since the post never said its a guy or lady
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Beennkumar:
9) He/She wants to know every detail of what you do, what you've done, or what you're about to do, no matter how personal it is.

Yes, they will never want to give u space.
And this is a form of insecurity....... Thereby making the relationship worse than it not be concieved
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Hmmmmm...thank God I'm not one tongue

Hehehehe

A way to exonerate one selftongue
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
April07:

Define feminism undecided

Thanks for that question?

Oya Mr holatin...... Come and define it?
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by naijaboiy: 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
dre11:

It applies to both sexes.....

Haven't you seen ladies exhibiting those traits before and the post never suggest it is only exhibited by guys alone
I do see o...that's why I asked sef.

Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by ammyluv2002(f): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
dre11:

Hehehehe

A way to exonerate one selftongue

Lol.....Seriously
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
naijaboiy:

I do see o...that's why I asked sef.

Okay.. ...

Do you have anyother points you feel that control freak do have
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Lol.....Seriously

Okay
Graciasgrin
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
I dislike guys who are control freak.
P.S-i dnt know this for a fact,but i think most of them are jealous.
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
kristina1:
I dislike guys who are control freak.
P.S-i dnt know this for a fact,but i think most of them are jealous.

Yes,
It's a factor and it's listed among it up there.. ..

Control freak can run someone down
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Most control freaks aren't sensitive to your feelings if you let them know in white and black.
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
dre11:

Yes,
It's a factor and it's listed among it up there.. ..

Control freak can run someone down
Oh,i didnt notice it.
Tanx.
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
kristina1:

Oh,i didnt notice it.
Tanx.

U welcome
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by charijee(f): 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
1, 3, 7 &8 are so on point......dre mi never knew you're a researcher
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Harbosede02:
I seeeeeeeeee

What did you see

Because I still can figure what you did seegringrin
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
charijee:
1, 3, 7 &8 are so on point......dre mi never knew you're a researcher

We trying to share ideas ni my dearsmiley
A knowledge once gain can't be lost
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by charijee(f): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
dre11:

We trying to share ideas ni my dearsmiley
A knowledge once gain can't be lost
I agree with you....knowledge is power.....erm just hope you ain't a control freak
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
charijee:
I agree with you....knowledge is power.....erm just hope you ain't a control freak

Any reason for saying that.. ...
I would like to know........ No man is perfect
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by charijee(f): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
dre11:

Any reason for saying that.. ...
I would like to know........ No man is perfect
You should tell me you're not
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by dre11(m): 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
charijee:
You should tell me you're not

Everyday, I keep trying to improve on myself not to be whatever negative things I write or imagine about people and life.

Always improving on my self worth and image
Re: Signs That Your Partner/someone Is A Control Freak by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
dre11:

What did you see

Because I still can figure what you did seegringrin
angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips On How To Friendzone A Girl Please! / Ladies, Would You Do This? Say The Truth. / Pls Help A Fellow Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.