Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari (65653 Views)

Buhari Receives Indicting Documents On Ex-ministers, Others / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC / Jonathan Can't Control His Wife, Patience- Wikileak's Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by 1miccza: 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
Would Buhari jail Tinubu and all those co conspirators in APC,PDP or any other political party?If he wins?
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by olaitanbaale1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
menesheh:
Yesterday a Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President, Reuben Abati published in his Twitter the exposing information from Wikileaks about Buhari’s 1983-84 governing years.

The information is provided by the Public Library of United States Diplomacy through Wikileaks

Like President Obasanjo before the 1999 election, General Buhari’s political experience is limited to that of military Head of State. Buhari came to power as a result of a 1983 New Year’s Eve coup against the democratically elected Shehu Shagari. The eviction of Shagari came as a welcome relief as did Buhari’s promise to root out corruption. That relief, however, was short-lived as Nigerians watched despairingly as the Buhari regime’s promises to revive the economy and wipe out rampant corruption withered during 20 months of heavy-handed, largely ineffective rule.

In May 1984, Buhari ordered the brutal expulsion of 700,000 illegal immigrants from neighboring African states, jailed hundreds of political opponents and muzzled a once aggressive press. His loyalty to the military also came into question as he dismissed 30,000 soldiers as a cost-cutting measure. Buhari also soured Nigeria’s relations with Britain, when he was accused of masterminding a clumsy and unsuccessful attempt in July 1984 to kidnap President Shagari’s brother-in-law, former Transport Minister Umaru Dikko. Moreover, Buhari undermined traditional rulers throughout Nigeria, slashing their benefits and questioning their authority.

WikiLeaks is an international, online, non-profit, journalistic organisation which publishes secret information, news leaks,and classified media from anonymous sources. Its website, initiated in 2006 in Iceland by the organization Sunshine Press,claimed a database of more than 1.2 million documents within a year of its launch.

http://www.naij.com/345076-secret-documents-shocking-revelations-about-buhari.html

In oritsefemi VN: kokanye

4 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Kessyy2k4(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Reuben Abati is so dull, wat u think will bring a political down fall for GMB happens to bring him more Credit.

U & ur clueless boss Jonathan beta leave ASO ROCK NoWW! cos ....

GMBisCOMINGtoASOrock!

TeamvoteGMB2015cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Iceathome(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
@datribune, an aged follower of Nigeria govt as f then are aware of what you just wrote above but that might be the avenue to judge Buhari, he is so weak that tunde his vice was the action man. I can vividly remember that before Buhari overthrow Shagari things were better, lets forget all this ranting here, during Shagari regime I bought 14-15 cups of garri for 50kobo at ogbete market Enugu while in Buhari's, it was 10cups. Buhari might be good in military rule but not in this democracy, age is a factor on his side also Nigeria today is more vast than 80's. We need change actually but not Buhari, we need a youth at age of 30's-50's which why I support GEJ for his transformation.

@Datribune, north wants power back to them if we allow it Nigeria will not develop becos of Godfatherism
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by PRD(m): 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
blasterman:

Pls name Buharis achievement as
1 governor of borno state
2 minster of petroleum resources

Apc shd have put some1 else if they were serious
Like?
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by StOla: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
eemalex:

All am saying don't kill yourself cos your life as a Nigerian would always remain fuccked. Meanwhile I would be at Eiffel Park tomorrow till February 16 enjoying life while I watch Nigeria fuccking herself

I already said it that step aside and let those who have a country to save do so.

Those who have nowhere to run to should wait till the country collapses due to the indiscipline of all, greed and gluttony of the political class?

You are the typical selfish being, who knowing what to do to bring about positive change, decide to sit back at home playing PS4 or watching the Kardashian while the struggle for the soul of the country ensues.

The places you so readily run to have equally fought their battles, past and present.

The French killed their monarchy with fury and advanced the Republic that it is today. Just watch the Les Misrables movie to see what students attempted to achieve when the monarchy reared its ugly head again.

The US Civil Rights struggles of the 60s also comes to mind.

Citizens have fought and sadly died to have a decent country that you like to go enjoy as often as you can, yet to spend a few hours to vote out your problems in your own country is too much a palaver for you?

You are the dream citizen in a country where the unrighteous rule.

5 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by mmmustapha(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
When will we youth think positive about our dear country? how can we trust the corrupted to end corruption? give me one reason why we should not vote for Buhari? tell me any significant achievement of this present government? illiteracy is indeed a disease.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by xtervaganza(m): 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
This guy just killed jonathan 2nd term dream

Hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by blasterman(m): 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
PRD:

At least he is not sick like the Yaradua of PDP

Ya radua was less corrupt than him and how do u know if he's not sick already.

Buhari has failed on presidency 4 times this no longer

This is his job now campaigning every 4 years. Just to show how desperate they r pushing 4 him.
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by abagnalie: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
donmalcolm21:
A mugabe styleD dictator wants to rule us, Tufiakwa aluu
we have the blues print of your antics.because ojukwu did not earn the chance to rule we no go hear word.o jare GMB for president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
menesheh:
Yesterday a Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President, Reuben Abati published in his Twitter the exposing information from Wikileaks about Buhari’s 1983-84 governing years.

The information is provided by the Public Library of United States Diplomacy through Wikileaks

Like President Obasanjo before the 1999 election, General Buhari’s political experience is limited to that of military Head of State. Buhari came to power as a result of a 1983 New Year’s Eve coup against the democratically elected Shehu Shagari. The eviction of Shagari came as a welcome relief as did Buhari’s promise to root out corruption. That relief, however, was short-lived as Nigerians watched despairingly as the Buhari regime’s promises to revive the economy and wipe out rampant corruption withered during 20 months of heavy-handed, largely ineffective rule.

In May 1984, Buhari ordered the brutal expulsion of 700,000 illegal immigrants from neighboring African states, jailed hundreds of political opponents and muzzled a once aggressive press. His loyalty to the military also came into question as he dismissed 30,000 soldiers as a cost-cutting measure. Buhari also soured Nigeria’s relations with Britain, when he was accused of masterminding a clumsy and unsuccessful attempt in July 1984 to kidnap President Shagari’s brother-in-law, former Transport Minister Umaru Dikko. Moreover, Buhari undermined traditional rulers throughout Nigeria, slashing their benefits and questioning their authority.

WikiLeaks is an international, online, non-profit, journalistic organisation which publishes secret information, news leaks,and classified media from anonymous sources. Its website, initiated in 2006 in Iceland by the organization Sunshine Press,claimed a database of more than 1.2 million documents within a year of its launch.

http://www.naij.com/345076-secret-documents-shocking-revelations-about-buhari.html
Really?? Meaning Buhari was actually in charge when he was there contrary to some liars cook up story. I support Buharo for president due to the authenticity of this story.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by PRD(m): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
StOla:

I already said it that step aside and let those who have a country to save do so.

Those who have nowhere to run to should wait till the country collapses due to the indiscipline of all, greed and gluttony of the political class?

You are the typical selfish being, who knowing what to do to bring about positive change, decide to sit back at home playing PS4 or watching the Kardashian while the struggle for the soul of the country ensues.

The places you so readily run to have equally fought their battles, past and present.

The French killed their monarchy with fury and advanced the Republic that it is today. Just watch the Les Misrables movie to see what students attempted to achieve when the monarchy reared its ugly head again.

The US Civil Rights struggles of the 60s also comes to mind.

Citizens have fought and sadly died to have a decent country that you like to go enjoy as often as you can, yet to spend a few hours to vote out your problems in your own country is too much a palaver for you?

You are the dream citizen in a country where the unrighteous rule.
Why waste your energy on a cheap coward when there is a nation to change...one at a time we will see this nation turn great...let the change start now...this will be a lesson for any and every leader that truly the power belongs to the people...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Sunshineluv(f): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
Na wa o. Nothing will ever make me vote a dictator.
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by eemalex(m): 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author= StOla post=29006246][/quote]
Gerrout and Fuckout you talking trash.... why not pick up a gun and start a war for a better Nigeria. You are here shouting change on Nairaland as if your life till the end of days would change....Better goan sleep.
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by shegsrules(m): 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
Abati I feel ur pain cus come 2015 u fit dey jobless, a new government that would tell us stealing is corruption n not like ur boss oga jonah. But remember that with jonah in ur both there would be no journey n enough wahala go dey unless we throw am into water.
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by tbaby123(f): 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
BiHung:
And how much did they say he stole?
How many bomb explosions were recorded?
How many insurgencies overpowered his government?

ODE LAWON PiPu Yii sha

Ur head is there jare...enough from the jonathanians
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by PRD(m): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
blasterman:

Ya radua was less corrupt than him and how do u know if he's not sick already.

Buhari has failed on presidency 4 times this no longer

This is his job now campaigning every 4 years. Just to show how desperate they r pushing 4 him.
I was waiting to read you compare with GEJ...lets leave the dead.
He failed? That's the problem it was not about him, it was about us.
He "failed" because we gave a fisherman an opportunity which he has squandered and we are saying no more...enough is enough

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Iceathome(m): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pls if you wanna quote me, no insult..I like people quoting me best without insult, I am here to interact with mature people.

If I may asked, where did you read in my post saying Buhari regime cost our development rather military.

You can check that list again, you will know why they have that position during Buhari regime.

I would have love to explain more to you on it, but your insultive words....oh no!!!

StOla:

Is it a crime to intermarry among tribes or to have a northerner as a mum (Ike Nwachukwu)?
Tell us the disease that ails you is hatred and we'll advise on a cure.

How did Buhari's rule cost us our development?
Development of corruption by the Shagari regime?
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by StOla: 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
eemalex:

Gerrout and Fuckout you talking trash.... why not pick up a gun and start a war for a better Nigeria. You are here shouting change on Nairaland as if your life till the end of days would change....Better goan sleep.

And the places that you have planned to run to, how did they change for the better?
People changed them.

So why not change your own country with your vote you socially lazy man?

4 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
The 30,000 soldiers purged from the army to save cost, were they evenly distributed across the country?

I will like to know that bit of info

Also of interest is his records of repression against opposition and the press!
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Kingkamal(m): 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
SABABBIN KARIN MAGANA

* CHAN TA MATSE MUSU = Good luck ya mari
shekau

* NASAN ZA'A RINA = Good luck ya fadi
zaben 2015.

* BAMU IYABA = anche da tsofaffin PDP su
karanta fatiha.

* ABINDA KAYI SHI ZA AYI MAKA = An bawa
shekarau white paper

* INA ZANSA KAINA = Good luck ya gama
mulki.

* ABIN NA ALLAH NE = kwankwaso ya zama
shugaban kasa

* KAMFEN NAKE YI = shekarau a cochi

* BANZA A BANZA = Talaka a PDP

*Ikon Allah ....

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by PRD(m): 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
Sunshineluv:
Na wa o. Nothing will ever make me vote a dictator.
We know your type, you will rather vote a fisherman

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by zantama05(m): 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
abati thank you for campaigning for my becoming President in 2015 grin

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by holatin(m): 10:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=madjune post=29005044][/quote]when someone is paid High, he go start saying nonsense to change and brainwash gullible on Nigeria.

God bless you sir
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Jarus(m): 10:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
I thought I will see "he stole billions there".

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by abagnalie: 10:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
donmalcolm21:
A mugabe styleD dictator wants to rule us, Tufiakwa aluu
you see your life.mumusco
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by laimo(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hehehehehe Lwkmao

Since 1999,I've never seen pdp this clueless,weak and ineffective.

No Obasanjo,no pdp.So pitiful.

Don't blame the innocent Obj,we all heard his warnings.The Clueless tools arrogantly was deaf.
Now,pdp is dead.

In those years,I used to be able to say the useless pdp will win the next election by December of the preceding year.
Now,I just know pdp won't win in 2015.I know a change is coming.

I'm not a prophet.

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by blasterman(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
mmmustapha:
When will we youth think positive about our dear country? how can we trust the corrupted to end corruption? give me one reason why we should not vote for Buhari? tell me any significant achievement of this present government? illiteracy is indeed a disease.

Please tell me Buhari acheivements since he has been in power
1st as governor of borno state
2nd as minster petroleum resources
3rd as head of state

He has been in govt what did he acheive. If we mention awolowo we can say free education for Sw. If we say fashola we know what he is doing.

So mention Buhari acheivement and don't say WAI that was idiagnons idea and it was more of a jamboree and didn't have any effect

Buhari is an old school politican he particated in the coup that ousted gowon and shagari. That shd show u he likes power
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Kingkamal(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
WHO IS THIS GMB?

1. Buhari was governor of Borno state under Obasanjo regime and later minister of petroleum.

2. Buhari birthed and supervised the establishment of the existing refineries in NIGERIA.

3. He was head of state between 1983-1985 (a period of 20 months). There was no religious crisis while he was head of state.

4. He reduced inflation from 23% to 4% by fiscaldiscipline and home grown economic team (notachieved under any other era).

5. J.k. Rawlings of Ghana took over 2 years before him and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leadersin Nigeria to prison.

6. Under his watch as PTF chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn’t been matched by 12 years of the PDP. Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.

7. He refused to collect allowance while servingas chairman of the PTF because he said he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of same government.

8. He returned excess money spent to purse of government on his return from oversea training as a military officer

9. He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja.

10. Buhari personally recommended late Dora Akunyili to OBJ because of her diligence during PTF interaction.

Every attempt to rubbish him through probesin time past ended up vindicating him! The manwho was asked by OBJ to take over PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of indicting Buhari ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100 million of PTF funds!

11. His personal driver and cook of many years are christians. He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today taken up the challenge.

12. He is the ONLY politician in northern Nigeriatoday who fills rallies without renting a crowd! People who know him (including pastor Bakare) have said of him……” All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank”. If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right. ”Conscience is an opened wound, only truth can heal it”.

Spread the message to the uninformed, misinformed and all Nigerians home and abroad. Carry go General Muhammad Buhari (the people's General).

6 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by laimo(m): 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hehehehehe Lwkmao

Since 1999,I've never seen pdp this clueless,weak and ineffective.

No Obasanjo,no pdp.So pitiful.

Don't blame the innocent Obj,we all heard his warnings.The Clueless tools arrogantly was deaf.
Now,pdp is dead.

In those years,I used to be able to say the useless pdp will win the next election by December of the preceding year.
Now,I just know pdp won't win in 2015.I know a change is coming.Deep subconsciously.

And I'm not a prophet.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
papiforreal:
I have been trying to force my mind to support GEJ because i have relatives benefitting from his corrupt Goverment, but my conscience wont just allow me. Posterity will never forgive us if we allow religion biasness and sentiment to cloud our reasoning and vote for the most useless president ever in the history of this country.

Say no to Corruption!

Nigeria Sai Buhari!

I might not support him, but don't call him 'the most useless president ever'.

If many people made their point without all this things that put some people off, maybe I might listen more and they get to convince me that Buhari is the man.

I don't care about who much, but Nigeria should be better please.
Re: Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari by datribune: 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
blasterman:

Do u know how many millions Nigerians work in SA, Uk, Canada , US, Ghana Benin how about they reciprocate the same things to Nigeria.

Bbc has it off fact that even though Buhari was acting holier than thou, his anti corruption prosecution were on ppl who disagreed with him.

Millions of dollars were stolen and corruption was even worse but hidden

All
Nigerians loans he failed to service them, all importation banned without giving alternative to manufacturers.

If Nigerians wanted change they would have put some 1 different than a regurgitated politican.

Buhari was a former governor of borno state. And former 2 time minister of petroleum fyi.

He is going there for money and power. U think ya radua was slow , Buhari is even ddumber and slower than ya radua

Hehehehe, supporters of d clueless one ar getting desperate & posting lies. It won't work.
Get ur historical facts correct. d Ghana must go saga was under d clueless NPN headed by Alh. Shehu Shagari.
Buhari's problem started wit his rejection of d IMF loan. Like Murtala Mohammed b4 him, GMB's assertion of d sovereignty of Nigeria did not go down well wit d west particularly Britain. His rejection of d IMF loan was seen as an affront by d West but thru economic ingenuity he  was able to restore back d economy.
He paid a huge part of d external debt accrued by thieving politicians d rest of which OBJ paid off not too long ago. He refused to devalue d naira & inflationary rate under him was between 3-5% & exchange rate was $1 to 1 naira.
He restored law & order thru d War Against Indiscipline & clamped down on corruption like no other regime.
GMB is a patriot of no mean repute & one of nigeria's greatest leaders of all time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

President Tinubu Meets Emefiele At The Presidential Villa / Zack Orji: First Lady, VP’s Wife, Minister, Others Visit Ailing Actor / Atiku's ₦12,430 Case File Vs Obi's ₦5,430 Case File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.